In-Hand Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus

Monday, May 27th, 2013 3:06PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 24,871

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to the Hobbybase Facebook page we get some in-hand pictures of Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus. Ultra Magnus comes with the Forge of Solus Prime. We get the front view, back view (which shows how the forge can be stored in robot mode) and vehicle mode. The images have been mirrored below for you.

Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus

Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus

Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus

Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus
Credit(s): Hobbybase Facebook
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1490574)
Posted by Superwheeljack on May 27th, 2013 @ 3:27pm CDT
That bot mode is awesome. Not so sure about that so called vehicle mode
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1490580)
Posted by DeceptiCobra on May 27th, 2013 @ 3:55pm CDT
Dat Hamma! =P~

That's all I want!
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1490581)
Posted by Gearslide on May 27th, 2013 @ 3:58pm CDT
That has to be the most reflective plastic I have ever seen. Even an iPhone pales in comparison.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1490583)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on May 27th, 2013 @ 4:19pm CDT
that bot looks awesome. i might have to get it
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1490588)
Posted by Lord_Onslaught on May 27th, 2013 @ 5:07pm CDT
Has there been any word about it's US Release?
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1490589)
Posted by Xephon0930 on May 27th, 2013 @ 5:17pm CDT
It might be asking for too much but can the Forge be wielded by Voyager figures? A bit of a long shot I know but if that fails, here's to hoping Dr. Wu or some other 3rd party will fix that.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1490592)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 27th, 2013 @ 5:24pm CDT
Lord_Onslaught wrote:Has there been any word about it's US Release?


Not that I know of. Asian and maybe Canadian exclusive.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1490612)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 27th, 2013 @ 6:28pm CDT
Sure, the vehicle mode is derpy as hell, but the robot mode is awesome enough to compensate.
A shame that it's just some online exclusive. I wouldnt pay more than 40$ for it.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1490614)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 27th, 2013 @ 6:30pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Lord_Onslaught wrote:Has there been any word about it's US Release?


Not that I know of. Asian and maybe Canadian exclusive.


If it's a Canadian exclusive, we cn already forget the second biggest province of the country, Québec. I bet it will not have any French on the box, screwing us québécois once again, as usual.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1490616)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 27th, 2013 @ 6:31pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Sure, the vehicle mode is derpy as hell, but the robot mode is awesome enough to compensate.
A shame that it's just some online exclusive. I wouldnt pay more than 40$ for it.


I think the vehicle mode looks okay, despite its derpiness in the middle.

Same, I wish that the Platinum series were at least in-store exclusives to, of all places, Toys "R" Us.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1490647)
Posted by Superwheeljack on May 27th, 2013 @ 7:33pm CDT
Xephon0930 wrote:It might be asking for too much but can the Forge be wielded by Voyager figures?


No, only someone as epic as Ultra Magnus can.
Really though, I think it would be pretty hard for RID Starscream, or RID/BH Megatrong to hold. I think only BH shockwave, and/or BH Optimus are the only ones that would be able to at least hold it without falling.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1490659)
Posted by DEMEXICONZ on May 27th, 2013 @ 8:58pm CDT
Superwheeljack wrote:
Xephon0930 wrote:It might be asking for too much but can the Forge be wielded by Voyager figures?


No, only someone as epic as Ultra Magnus can.
Really though, I think it would be pretty hard for RID Starscream, or RID/BH Megatrong to hold. I think only BH shockwave, and/or BH Optimus are the only ones that would be able to at least hold it without falling.
i think what he meant was BH voyager ultra magnus and im pretty sure he would be able to hold it up but the real question is it worth spending so much for a hammer? Because we all know not even the nice paint job would make up for this ugly mold not to mention the hollow legs that for some reason refuse to show up in any picture....
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1490661)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on May 27th, 2013 @ 9:01pm CDT
That robot mode is a beauty and kicking a sweet hammer to boot (though the whole deal with extra handles on the handle confuses me a little)-can't say I'm so fond of the truck mode's ears though...
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1490665)
Posted by Xephon0930 on May 27th, 2013 @ 9:16pm CDT
DEMEXICONZ wrote:
Superwheeljack wrote:
Xephon0930 wrote:It might be asking for too much but can the Forge be wielded by Voyager figures?


No, only someone as epic as Ultra Magnus can.
Really though, I think it would be pretty hard for RID Starscream, or RID/BH Megatrong to hold. I think only BH shockwave, and/or BH Optimus are the only ones that would be able to at least hold it without falling.
i think what he meant was BH voyager ultra magnus and im pretty sure he would be able to hold it up but the real question is it worth spending so much for a hammer? Because we all know not even the nice paint job would make up for this ugly mold not to mention the hollow legs that for some reason refuse to show up in any picture....


So I guess that means that I should wait till Doctor Wu can deliver this bad boy of a weapon or any other 3rd party from the looks of it?
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1490666)
Posted by REMINATOR on May 27th, 2013 @ 9:19pm CDT
If anyone needs a reason as to why they should get the PE UM, please take a look at this pic:
Image
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1490668)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 27th, 2013 @ 9:23pm CDT
REMINATOR wrote:If anyone needs a reason as to why they should get the PE UM, please take a look at this pic:
Image


Sad that the Forge is only properly scaled with Platinum Edition UM. Kinda wish that Hasbro and Takara had upsized the Voyager's: much butthurt could be avoided.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1490676)
Posted by DEMEXICONZ on May 27th, 2013 @ 9:37pm CDT
REMINATOR wrote:If anyone needs a reason as to why they should get the PE UM, please take a look at this pic:
Image
>:oP yeah nice pic but still no it dosent make up for what i mention...im pretty sure some 3rd party will come up with an even better forge thats in scale with BH UM thats in scale with the rest of the Prime line.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1490703)
Posted by Bounti76 on May 28th, 2013 @ 12:28am CDT
SWEET robot mode. :APPLAUSE:
Okay truck mode. >:oP
Perfect Forge of Solus Prime :HEADHURTS:
But what the hell's up with those RED hands? They don't have to be cast in the same red plastic that's on the back of his arms (they're not connected), so why not do grey/silver hands? :BANG_HEAD:
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1490705)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on May 28th, 2013 @ 12:35am CDT
Yeah this just doesn't work for me. Screen accurate or not I totally dig my Arms Micron UM. But can some one explain to me the talk of scale? It looks to scale IMO. I wanna know what's with the red clown hands? :-? :VEHI:
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1490726)
Posted by Mykltron on May 28th, 2013 @ 4:33am CDT
I'll stick with the voyager (that is, if I can ever get him) due to scale and having a much less crap vehicle mode.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #222 - The Real Ghostbusters
Twincast / Podcast #222:
"The Real Ghostbusters"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, May 12th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 30 Deluxe Class Dark of The Moon Crankcase Action..." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Gnaw Titans Return Lot X4" on EBAY
Buy "Mastermind Creations Reformatted R-19 Kultur Transformers Tarn complete MMC" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers DOTM Cyberfire Bumblebee Mechtech Dark of the Moon Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "NEW TRANSFORMERS ARMOR TOPSPIN DARK OF THE MOON DOTM MOVIE DELUXE CLASS AUTOBOTS" on EBAY
Buy "Acid Storm Transformers TCG card game RT 01 MINT!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations/ROTF Cybertronian Grimlock, Nightbeat, ROTF Whirl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe 2009 Generation 1 Series Mini Con Class Brawn 25th Annvrsy" on EBAY