Monday, December 8th, 2014 1:33pm CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 27,349

Right, let's move away from Transformers Generations Combiner Wars for a while, as TFND's blacklai brings us some more photography - this time, it's the entire wave 1 of the upcoming Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior class figures: Autobots Bumblebee, Strongarm, Grimlock and Decepticon Steeljaw, including some comparison shots with Transformers: Prime figures and fun shots. Check some of the mirrored images below, and the whole thing here!

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Wave 1: Bumblebee, Strongarm, Grimlock, St

Credit(s): TFND blacklai

Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Wave 1: Bumblebee, Strongarm, Grimlock, Steeljaw (1628232)
Posted by shajaki on December 8th, 2014 @ 1:53pm CST
one thing i really dig, is the sharp edges of bee's car mode.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Wave 1: Bumblebee, Strongarm, Grimlock, Steeljaw (1628235)
Posted by william-james88 on December 8th, 2014 @ 2:13pm CST
You know, for all the crap he's getting I really must say that this warrior Grimlock has the best tail to legs transformation I have ever seen in all the Grimlocks. It's the only one where the tail shows no sign of becoming feet (cough cough FOC) while having nice distinct robot legs in robot mode with distinct feet.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Wave 1: Bumblebee, Strongarm, Grimlock, Steeljaw (1628236)
Posted by philswitch engage on December 8th, 2014 @ 2:16pm CST
so much lame

I find so few things appealing about this line.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Wave 1: Bumblebee, Strongarm, Grimlock, Steeljaw (1628239)
Posted by Robogeek1973 on December 8th, 2014 @ 2:21pm CST
That Grimlock would be great if he was Voyager or larger.

The others are ok for what they are I suppose. The line definitely isn't for me though.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Wave 1: Bumblebee, Strongarm, Grimlock, Steeljaw (1628240)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 8th, 2014 @ 2:23pm CST
Why must such a kickass sword belong to such a bad-looking figure? If I were to get Bee, it would only be for the sword.

I was hopeful of Strongarm, but these images are starting to turn me away. Her character model looks athletic-ish; her figure is Chunky McBeefcakes. Me no like. I guess I'll wait for what reviewers will have to say before making a final call.

I wasn't going to get Grimlock no matter what, but I will say he looks the best of the bunch.

Jesus H. Christ, what a train wreck Steeljaw shouldn't be. He and Strongarm were the only ones I was going to get... But good God, I can strike Steeljaw off that list and put a question mark by Strongarm. :SICK:
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Wave 1: Bumblebee, Strongarm, Grimlock, Steeljaw (1628243)
Posted by Black Hat on December 8th, 2014 @ 2:25pm CST
Jesus, that's disappointing. I saw Strongarm and was thinking "You know, aside from that lame "burst effect" on her gun she looks pretty neat!" and was seriously considering adding her to my ranks (more fembots is always good) but dear god is she hollow! I mean, that's Poundland tier awful looking...a shame as the design is actually quite cool, and I dig the figure from the front and in vehicle mode, but from the back and under the vehicle...Poor Strongarm.

Steeljaw actually looks kinda cool though, and looks a lot less hollow. I mean yeah he's spindly but he looks less like he's trying to pretend to be solid whilst actually being a flimsy shell, instead embracing full-on wiryness.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Wave 1: Bumblebee, Strongarm, Grimlock, Steeljaw (1628247)
Posted by philswitch engage on December 8th, 2014 @ 2:36pm CST
Steeljaw looks like he is pooping out his tail.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Wave 1: Bumblebee, Strongarm, Grimlock, Steeljaw (1628248)
Posted by jogunwarrior on December 8th, 2014 @ 2:39pm CST
I don't mind the figures themselves, they look fun in both vehicle and robot modes. What I do mind are the price points these are supposed to retail at...these do not look like they're worth the 15.99 (or approximately similar) price tag.
If they were 9.99, I could be more inclined to pick them up. As it is now I will probably wait for them to just go on sale.

I am looking forward to seeing more of Drift. And I like the repaint possibilities of some of the figures like Grimlock, which would be cool to see painted as Overkill.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Wave 1: Bumblebee, Strongarm, Grimlock, Steeljaw (1628249)
Posted by Gallifreyan Autobot on December 8th, 2014 @ 2:45pm CST
them figures look nice

my opinions

Grimlock should have been a Voyager class

no complaints on strong arm or bumblebee

i hope Optimus gets a Voyager treatment with Good articulation

i could see Bisk getting the deluxe treatment with a similar arm movement at Armada Deluxe class Sideswipe or a retool of P-rid Cliff-Jumper
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Wave 1: Bumblebee, Strongarm, Grimlock, Steeljaw (1628262)
Posted by Samsonator on December 8th, 2014 @ 3:25pm CST
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Wave 1: Bumblebee, Strongarm, Grimlock, Steeljaw (1628263)
Posted by Robogeek1973 on December 8th, 2014 @ 3:47pm CST
Yup, paint would work wonders on these guys.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Wave 1: Bumblebee, Strongarm, Grimlock, Steeljaw (1628265)
Posted by Mkall on December 8th, 2014 @ 3:50pm CST
When Bumblebee goes on clearance, I'll get him just to get that bitchin' sword.

I have no interest in the others, not even Strongarm right now.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Wave 1: Bumblebee, Strongarm, Grimlock, Steeljaw (1628267)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on December 8th, 2014 @ 3:54pm CST
:SICK:
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Wave 1: Bumblebee, Strongarm, Grimlock, Steeljaw (1628277)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on December 8th, 2014 @ 4:46pm CST
Gonna get Strongarm, easy buy for me.

Steeljaw looks like a mess, but I kind of like the design, so he's a maybe. They'd better make a Bisk figure if they're making Steeljaw.

The rest don't interest me.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Wave 1: Bumblebee, Strongarm, Grimlock, Steeljaw (1628278)
Posted by shajaki on December 8th, 2014 @ 4:52pm CST
Samsonator wrote:All of these look like they woild benefit greatly from some paint. I'm interested to see what customizers can do with these. I will probably not be getting these myself, though.
or takara ;)
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Wave 1: Bumblebee, Strongarm, Grimlock, Steeljaw (1628281)
Posted by Cobotron on December 8th, 2014 @ 5:09pm CST
I like how wolfish Steeljaw's car mode is. Grimy has a nice robot mode.
Not feeling this line though. Might check out some legions, just because I like that scale.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Wave 1: Bumblebee, Strongarm, Grimlock, Steeljaw (1628283)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on December 8th, 2014 @ 5:12pm CST
How much you wanna bet Strongarm was designed as a male character, but somebody decided to make her a female bot?

You know, kinda like Airazor, Blackarachnia, Overrun from Cybertron...
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Wave 1: Bumblebee, Strongarm, Grimlock, Steeljaw (1628293)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on December 8th, 2014 @ 5:54pm CST
I really hope Strongarm gets a Smallfoot repaint with a new head and for it not to be an exclusive.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Wave 1: Bumblebee, Strongarm, Grimlock, Steeljaw (1628295)
Posted by Madeus Prime on December 8th, 2014 @ 6:16pm CST
I really dig Steeljaw's vehicle form, very badass. Bumblebee looks just like a chunkier version of PRID Vehicon. Grimlock sucks because he's not the real Grimlock. Strongarm I'm going to pickup because my fembots need some more members.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Wave 1: Bumblebee, Strongarm, Grimlock, Steeljaw (1628296)
Posted by Shockwave7 on December 8th, 2014 @ 6:20pm CST
Well, I thought TFA figures would be awful when I first set eyes on them, but now they're among my favorites. I'll give these a chance. But initial first impression is: Not so good...

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020

Buy "Heroes of Cybertron ESPIONAGE TEAM Bumblebee + Spike Transformers Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Toys Studio Series 59 Deluxe Class Bumblebee Movie Shatter Action" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 3RD PARTY MINI SPIKE FIGURE 4-PIECE SET IMPOSSIBLETOYSNET" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Shatter Figure Energon Igniter Bumblebee Movie 2018 New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series SHATTER Deluxe Class #40 Bumblebee Movie Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Robots in Disguise Predacon Cryotek Megatron Figure MISB" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Gernerations Cyber Battalion Series JETFIRE Walgreens Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS DINO SPARKERS OPTIMUS PRIME & GRIMLOCK VF HASBRO TF Brand NEW" on EBAY