In-Hand Pictures of Elita-1 and Abominus in Fully Combined Modes

In-Hand Pictures of Elita-1 and Abominus in Fully Combined Modes

Friday, February 16th, 2018 1:04am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 24,441

Thanks to our very own Cobotron, we now have pictures of the highly anticipated Transformers Power of the Primes Elita One -1 and Hun-Gurrr fully combined! While we've seen pictures of both of them in their torso modes before, we haven't seen many pictures with any limbs attached- and in the case of Elita-1, this is the first time most of us have seen her with ANY limbs attached. Cobotron uses the Combaticons as limbs for Abominus to great effect, and the G2 Aerialbots for Elita-1 (no official name for her gestalt mode seems likely to happen) in spectacularly garish G2 fashion. He also shows off Elita-1 with Botcon Tigatron, and Combiner Wars Wheeljack, Quickslinger and Rook as limbs.

Transformers News: In-Hand Pictures of Elita-1 and Abominus in Fully Combined Modes

What do you think? Are you more excited for the rest of the Terrorcons to show up now? Itching for Moonracer and Wave 4's Firestar to give Elita-1 some more fembot limbs? Let us know below!

Credit(s): Cobotron

This article was last modified on Saturday, February 17th, 2018 7:26am CST

Re: In-Hand Pictures of Elita-1 and Abominus in Fully Combined Modes (1939255)
Posted by megatronus on February 16th, 2018 @ 1:14am CST
Where's Elita's combiner head?
Re: In-Hand Pictures of Elita-1 and Abominus in Fully Combined Modes (1939256)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on February 16th, 2018 @ 1:15am CST
I'm blown away by Hungerr/Abombinus there were SOO MANY little touches they did to that mold they *didn't* have to do. The automorphing with the fins, the *extra* fins on the shin panels!

As for Elita Uno it's amazing how much a deco/color layout changes the figure. I couldn't stand starscream in Torso mode... but somehow... I'm fine with hers. Her thigh/wrist also being white with the red/maroon gauntlet does subtle wonders for breaking up that "hulk forearm".
Re: In-Hand Pictures of Elita-1 and Abominus in Fully Combined Modes (1939257)
Posted by Cobotron on February 16th, 2018 @ 1:16am CST
megatronus wrote:Where's Elita's combiner head?
She didn't come with one. She just sits in the top and drives that giant thing! :lol: :lol:
Re: In-Hand Pictures of Elita-1 and Abominus in Fully Combined Modes (1939259)
Posted by Bounti76 on February 16th, 2018 @ 1:23am CST
megatronus wrote:Where's Elita's combiner head?

While I like Cobotron's reply better.... :lol:

Her combiner head is extremely similar to her regular head, so much so that you almost have to look at them side by side to tell. IMO, that's the one thing Starscream's torso mode does better is the gestalt head.
Re: In-Hand Pictures of Elita-1 and Abominus in Fully Combined Modes (1939267)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 16th, 2018 @ 2:47am CST
Thanks cobo, I can always rely on you to bring the pics ;)^

Both look fantastic in full on combiner mode. I really hope these make it to UK retail.
Re: In-Hand Pictures of Elita-1 and Abominus in Fully Combined Modes (1939271)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on February 16th, 2018 @ 3:18am CST
Re: In-Hand Pictures of Elita-1 and Abominus in Fully Combined Modes (1939272)
Posted by Burn on February 16th, 2018 @ 3:25am CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:Good shots, Cobo! Reaffirms my decision on both figures. Hun-grr is a must have, Elita-1 is a pass.

I'll get her, not for torso mode that's for sure, because that looks like total bollocks, but because it'll be the first figure I have of her.

Plus I don't want her mold mate.
Re: In-Hand Pictures of Elita-1 and Abominus in Fully Combined Modes (1939281)
Posted by Michael Alex Kawa on February 16th, 2018 @ 4:35am CST
I know this is a bit late, as it was like revealed almost a week ago, but I am just getting around to seeing it.
I am so loving Snarl, :BOT:, those "in hand" pics of him do him some justice, it could just be that he has always been my favorite Dinobot :BOT:, but I think he is the best of the newer (updated) group as well.
And I am also glad that we are getting more "classic" female Autobots :BOT: for the line, combiners or not, I just think it is awesome.
Re: In-Hand Pictures of Elita-1 and Abominus in Fully Combined Modes (1939302)
Posted by primalxconvoy on February 16th, 2018 @ 6:41am CST
Re: In-Hand Pictures of Elita-1 and Abominus in Fully Combined Modes (1939305)
Posted by Burn on February 16th, 2018 @ 6:51am CST
primalxconvoy wrote:I want to comment on Elita 1's gestalt physique, but I'm worried I'll get into trouble for "Titan Shaming" her...

"It looks like crap"

Problem solved.
Re: In-Hand Pictures of Elita-1 and Abominus in Fully Combined Modes (1939306)
Posted by primalxconvoy on February 16th, 2018 @ 6:55am CST
Burn wrote:

"It looks like crap"

Problem solved.

Ah, ever the wordsmith, Sir. It does, indeed, look like fecal matter.

However, I actually think her regular mode looks pretty good. I actually like the stickers. It's just that the placement of them is sloppy.
Re: In-Hand Pictures of Elita-1 and Abominus in Fully Combined Modes (1939307)
Posted by Burn on February 16th, 2018 @ 6:59am CST
I really do like her individual modes (won't comment on the stickers, haven't paid close enough attention), but that torso ... it just looks like a big block of red plastic.

Tack some limbs on and it just doesn't blend. That may be the choice of the bots Cobes used though.

But that's irrelevant to me. I only keep the "traditional" combiners combined. Any additional limbs and torsos stay in their individual modes.
Re: In-Hand Pictures of Elita-1 and Abominus in Fully Combined Modes (1939310)
Posted by primalxconvoy on February 16th, 2018 @ 7:05am CST
Re: In-Hand Pictures of Elita-1 and Abominus in Fully Combined Modes (1939311)
Posted by TheRebirth on February 16th, 2018 @ 7:06am CST
Burn wrote:

"It looks like crap"

Problem solved.

I can’t stand any of the new chicken feet. Perfect Effect send help!
Re: In-Hand Pictures of Elita-1 and Abominus in Fully Combined Modes (1939312)
Posted by Burn on February 16th, 2018 @ 7:09am CST
primalxconvoy wrote:That reminds me, I need to cancel my preorder for Starscream, Optimus Prime, Jazz, etc. I'm waiting on them to get remolds and recolours to get my attention.

We got the definitive Ultra Magnus in Combiner Wars, so just take the easy route Hasbro, paint Optimus black, or better yet, paint him orange. We need a decent modern day Fire Guts!
Re: In-Hand Pictures of Elita-1 and Abominus in Fully Combined Modes (1939314)
Posted by Emerje on February 16th, 2018 @ 7:12am CST
I'm curious if Elita-1 would look good as an alternate torso for Victorion. Or for that matter Megatronia. :-?

Emerje
Re: In-Hand Pictures of Elita-1 and Abominus in Fully Combined Modes (1939318)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 16th, 2018 @ 7:17am CST
Burn wrote:

I think fire guts would work well especially since the transformation of pax to chest is reminiscent of ginrai to super ginrai, they probably should of kept the power master prime name for this. Ah well, what can you do...we need a shrugging emoji.

@primalxconvoy wouldn't you be waiting a long time to get those then since takara will only be doing exclusives for this next line at least?
Re: In-Hand Pictures of Elita-1 and Abominus in Fully Combined Modes (1939322)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on February 16th, 2018 @ 7:28am CST
My Elita will be remaining in Robot Mode, just like Starscream. I think that torso is terrible.
Re: In-Hand Pictures of Elita-1 and Abominus in Fully Combined Modes (1939346)
Posted by william-james88 on February 16th, 2018 @ 9:55am CST
megatronus wrote:Where's Elita's combiner head?

My point exactly, Emerje!
Re: In-Hand Pictures of Elita-1 and Abominus in Fully Combined Modes (1939351)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 16th, 2018 @ 9:59am CST
william-james88 wrote:
megatronus wrote:Where's Elita's combiner head?

My point exactly, Emerje!

Like Optimus has got a radically different one... peas in a pod. :lol:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Netflix Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Hardhead - Headmasters Retro Generations Titans Deluxe Hasbro WFC" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Mirage - Netflix War For Cybertron Generations Titans Decepticon TK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy HOTLINK Netflix Walmart Exclusive NEW MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG52 MISSFIRE & Targetmaster Aimless Titans Return Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Netflix HOTLINK Seeker Used Complete w/Box + Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "LG21 Hardhead | Japanese Transformers Legends" on EBAY