In-Hand - Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 Bruticus

In-Hand - Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 Bruticus

Tuesday, May 17th, 2016 8:47am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 32,776

Looking for some more plastic robot news today, after news of the final cavalier shape? Look no further, as TFYuki brings another in-hand and next-to-box image for the Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 Decepticon Combaticons Combiner Bruticus! Check it out embedded below, with the tweaked deco and the entirely new limb mold in Blastoff, and compare it to the Hasbro release here.

Transformers News: In-Hand - Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 Bruticus

Credit(s): TFYuki

Re: In-Hand - Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 Bruticus (1790262)
Posted by Kurona on May 17th, 2016 @ 9:03am CDT
That is some damn nice boxart. They're really going all out with him here.
God I want that Vortex. So bad.
Re: In-Hand - Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 Bruticus (1790264)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on May 17th, 2016 @ 9:05am CDT
But, can he actually do that pose...? :-?
Re: In-Hand - Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 Bruticus (1790265)
Posted by o.supreme on May 17th, 2016 @ 9:09am CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:Is the music also from those series? I haven't watched them in a loooooong time.

Nah, probably just some random techno. But all the voices & sound effects are definitely from the Japanese TF series.
Re: In-Hand - Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 Bruticus (1790267)
Posted by Dagon on May 17th, 2016 @ 9:20am CDT
Kurona wrote:That is some damn nice boxart. They're really going all out with him here.
God I want that Vortex. So bad.

I bought Grand Galvatron, and I have to say that I am incredibly impressed by the box art. My first thought on seeing this story was that the Bruticus box art is just gorgeous.
Re: In-Hand - Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 Bruticus (1790291)
Posted by DMSL on May 17th, 2016 @ 10:21am CDT
Re: In-Hand - Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 Bruticus (1790295)
Posted by Dagon on May 17th, 2016 @ 10:31am CDT
DMSL wrote:I love how it looks apart from Blast-off. The brown is way too light. They should have kept the darker brown. This poo brown doesn't work for me at all. This set just went from a 9 to a 7 for me. I hope Takara decides to go with the darker brown for the release and please give Bruticus/Onslaught a gun or two that he can hold. It can't be the guns on his back you need to have that for his silhouette.

Agreed on the weapon front, I'm a little surprised they didn't put Legends Shockwave in the box, just so Bruticus could have a weapon to hold. The Onslaught guns are totally necessary for the silhouette, 100% agreed.

As for Blast Off, he's baby shit brown in this set; CW Swindle is baby shit brown for Hasbro. Talk about shitty opitions! :lol: :lol:
Re: In-Hand - Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 Bruticus (1790305)
Posted by MemphisR56 on May 17th, 2016 @ 11:04am CDT
Dagon wrote:

As for Blast Off, he's baby SHIZZLESNIT brown in this set; CW Swindle is baby SHIZZLESNIT brown for Hasbro. Talk about shitty opitions! :lol: :lol:

I'd have actually said Hasbro blast-off was the shit brown version, the takara one looks like a slightly brighter more milk-chocolatey brown.

But that is entirely dependent on our diets, i suppose :-?
Re: In-Hand - Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 Bruticus (1790307)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 17th, 2016 @ 11:08am CDT
Yyyyyyyeah, I don't know what it is that you guys are eating, but if yall's poop is coming out that light/that copper a shade of brown, instead of a much darker shade of brown like Hasbro's CW Blast Off, then I'd very much advise that you all see a doctor about that, cuz that does not sound normal. /:)
Re: In-Hand - Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 Bruticus (1790308)
Posted by william-james88 on May 17th, 2016 @ 11:08am CDT

Takara wont be giving him an extra gun and they will not be releasing Blastoff in a different shade. These images are final product images, there will be no changes from them which has been the case for every single release so far.
Re: In-Hand - Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 Bruticus (1790309)
Posted by william-james88 on May 17th, 2016 @ 11:09am CDT
I always thought Brawl was the one that looked most like poop.
Re: In-Hand - Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 Bruticus (1790314)
Posted by MemphisR56 on May 17th, 2016 @ 11:14am CDT
william-james88 wrote:I always thought Brawl was the one that looked most like poop.

In terms of the actual sculpt definitely.

Which is another place where the takara decco wins out for me.

You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.
Re: In-Hand - Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 Bruticus (1790316)
Posted by o.supreme on May 17th, 2016 @ 11:17am CDT
Perhaps...some forum admin might give us the dignity of placing all the "which combaticon looks like which color of stool" comments to its own thread? ...just a suggestion, but it is still early on the west coast and I haven't even had breakfast yet.
Re: In-Hand - Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 Bruticus (1790318)
Posted by no-one on May 17th, 2016 @ 11:18am CDT

I still think Bruticus is one of the better looking combiners in this line oops, wrong thread. In the CW line, Grand Galvatron takes the cake for UW ;)^
Re: In-Hand - Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 Bruticus (1790319)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 17th, 2016 @ 11:20am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Not my pic, but it's funny:

Well, Galvatron pretty much always was a d***head.

I'm not going to step in the Blast-Off argument, though. Too messy.
Re: In-Hand - Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 Bruticus (1790323)
Posted by william-james88 on May 17th, 2016 @ 11:22am CDT
carytheone wrote:Onslaught and Vortex look great, especially super sexy secret agent Vortex. The rest are kinda meh. I would be happy to pick up that Blast Off mold if he ever reaches the states.

It was actually your comments which swayed me to just buy the Hasbro version when I saw the price drop. And you were right. It does have a great vaiety in mold use. If it was released earlier in the line, I am sure I would have loved him even more with the added novelty of some molds and of the combiner system.
Re: In-Hand - Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 Bruticus (1790330)
Posted by Flashwave on May 17th, 2016 @ 11:38am CDT
I like those colors, expecially Onslaught and Votrex, but for the other three I think I prefer the Hasbro figure overall.

And since everyone is talking about the Gun: I ended up giving Bruticus the Barrel from my Combiner Wars Cyclonus. Not sure what I will do with the back stock. Obviously, the Galvatronus gun doesn't work the same way, but if you have a Spare CW Cyclonus now,
Re: In-Hand - Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 Bruticus (1790334)
Posted by o.supreme on May 17th, 2016 @ 11:47am CDT
Re: In-Hand - Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 Bruticus (1790336)
Posted by william-james88 on May 17th, 2016 @ 11:50am CDT
o.supreme wrote:Perhaps it is another attempt at being accurate to the animated series? I mean...I cannot recall aside from using Shockwave in "The Revenge of Bruticus", him ever having a large gun. Heck even in Headmasters he fought with a light saber once, but not a gun that I can recall...

He didnt have his own gun in the series. He used his fists mostly. And also used his arm as a buzzsaw, which the takara version can fullfill :D
Re: In-Hand - Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 Bruticus (1790466)
Posted by MemphisR56 on May 17th, 2016 @ 7:35pm CDT
william-james88 wrote: used his arm as a buzzsaw, which the takara version can fullfill :D

The revenge of bruticus was one of my absolute favourite episodes as a kid. Can't wait to find some tiny army men to stand in for the sentinels and reenact those scenes.

Though, thinking back to it, theres this scene where bruticus says to shockwave something like "you control giant sentinels, when you defeated cybertron is ours." Which is weird, aside from the fact that he refers to himself as both an individual and collective in the same dialogue, the sentinel robots that shockwave is training are tiny. I wonder if the orignial script called out for the gigantic omega supreme style guardian robots under shockwaves command before someone pointed out in a meeting late on that omega supreme is the last of his kind.
Re: In-Hand - Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 Bruticus (1790482)
Posted by Kurona on May 17th, 2016 @ 10:01pm CDT
MemphisR56 wrote:

Starscream's Brigade + Revenge of Bruticus are just two of the best G1 episodes period imo. Maybe I'm biased because I adore the combaticons, but the two episodes just really grew on me. Starscream getting his own little army and finally staging an actual mutiny against Megatron - and for a bit winning! - while each of the combaticons unlike a lot of combiner teams actually show off some very nice individual personalities; they're the most well-defined of any combiner team imo which is a big part of their appeal. Hell, even the Stunticons get to show off some personality in literally not giving a toss about Megatron. They're a bunch of junkies lmao.
I think the "referring to self as individual and a group" is a hint at how a combiner's mind might work... but maybe I'm looking into it too much as a cartoon. IDW goes into it much better... though it unfortunately had to come with the travesty of Combiner Wars.
But yeah, those two episodes are a ton of fun. It leaves a lasting impression on me that the Combaticons are part of Starscream's personal army that'd ally with him against Megatron one day; along with maybe the seekers. Always a cool thought - an army of jets flanked by this humongous monster of destruction.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Legends Series Lg10 Arcee" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series Hot Rod 86 Voyager Class Action Figure - F0712" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure One step changer TAV08 Underbite" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure One step changer TAV05 Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Collectors Club Botcon TFCC 2016 Membership Figure Ramjet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure deluxe TAV-08 Gregevor" on EBAY