In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion

In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion

Wednesday, August 3rd, 2016 4:20am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 37,520

Fellow Seibertronian Logan79 has shared some images taken by Transformers fan on Facebook Jensen Teh, of the upcoming voyager class Titans Return figure Alpha Trion, in all three modes! Including lion, ship, Titan Master and robot mode, you can check out the in hand photos below.

Transformers News: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion

Transformers News: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion

Transformers News: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion

Transformers News: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion

Transformers News: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion

Transformers News: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion

Transformers News: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion

Transformers News: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion

Transformers News: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion

Credit(s): Jensen Teh

Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion (1811607)
Posted by Insurgent on August 3rd, 2016 @ 4:44am CDT
RAR wrote:I'm not sure if Hasbro intends to "Clarify" how Titan Masters are supposed to work as they are giving out mixed messages upon my casual viewing of it.

I still don't know if Titan's Returns are neo-tectors by some random mini-robot (most of who we have never heard of) wearing the robots we have heard of like a skin suit.

or if they are like the headmasters (us version) and the robot in the robot and the head performs some vague (and mostly non-specified) performance upgrade to said robot.

The thing that adds so much confusion is the blurbs talk about controlling the titan masters and talks about Titans in the manner they talked about say Devsatator or even any combiner in Combiner Wars.

Yet the implication actually is that a Titan master isn't mastering any titans at all it's just some ill-defined upgrade for pretty ordinary Transformers.. this leaves me very confused indeed.

Maybe they should have said the Titan-Master upgrades reconfigured their bodies and allowed the propensity of Triple changing or something.

But I admit I'm completely confused - even more so by the titan Master mini-figure Plus mini-vehicle sets.

As a play pattern from a purely toy perspective they make some sense I guess - but as a story - they seem incomprehensible and contradictory to me.

-----

Oh and the Brainstorm I like best is the G1 toy colour teal one.

I wouldn't mind to much if Arcee is a Chromedome remould - but a straight repaint would be weird.

I'm pretty sick of that "Stunticon" transformation pattern though and wish it was retired - going forwards. It was a useful trick one or twice - but when nearly every car they make has the same Transformation it soon gets really boring.

Its my understanding the takara version have the little guys being the known characters and the bigger bodies are lifeless transtwctors they had to get due to black hole implosions shrinking them. Long story, not typing it all out on my phone.

the hasbro story is that the big guys are thw named characters and the titan masters are essentially minicons. They attach as heads and grant a power boost and ability upgrade. But there are two personalities at play for hasbro.
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion (1811608)
Posted by Va'al on August 3rd, 2016 @ 4:50am CDT
Also from Jensen Teh over on Facebook, we have a good first (more or less) look at the mold that was meant to be Astrotrain, but first showed up as Sentinel Prime! The Decepticon triplechanger has its shuttle, space train and robot modes all sorted out in redecos and very minor tooling tweaks, plus new Titan Master Darkmoon - compare to the Sentinel Prime galleries here, and let us know what you think of this classic character in the Energon Pub!

Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion (1811609)
Posted by MemphisR56 on August 3rd, 2016 @ 5:12am CDT
That purple on the train mode cabs really helps to make them stand out from the cow catcher, definitely makes it look a bit more coherent in that mode. Love the additional black on the arm guns. I felt that a bit of paint picking those out was something we were really missing on the sentinel figure. The black on the toes makes him look like he's wearing a pair of 30's prohibition gangster wingtip shoes. :APPLAUSE:

All in all, nifty looking. I'm still not sold on the paler looking grey. Definitely going to want to wait until the takara decco is on show for me. :-?
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion (1811615)
Posted by Randomhero on August 3rd, 2016 @ 6:50am CDT
Yeah it's going to be a toss up why Takara does. They've gone both ways with Astrotrain. White and purple or dark grey and purple
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion (1811617)
Posted by Insurgent on August 3rd, 2016 @ 6:53am CDT
Seeing how they seem to be going full on G1 toon with this line, I'm gonna say he'll be G1 toon coloured. Slavishly so.
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion (1811621)
Posted by Kurona on August 3rd, 2016 @ 7:07am CDT
... that Astrotrain looks so nice in-hand. I might have to break my rule of only going for Titan Masters, Skullcruncher and Lost Light crew members.
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion (1811624)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 3rd, 2016 @ 7:12am CDT
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion (1811645)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on August 3rd, 2016 @ 8:26am CDT
There's just not much I can bring myself to like about Trion over here. His robot mode is pretty good, but I'm holding out for Thundertron. His other two modes are...I don't even know what to call that lion. It's freaky.

BUT, I really appreciate the fact that you can "remove" those weird side-of-the-head things he has. His actual head is pretty good.
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion (1811646)
Posted by Kurona on August 3rd, 2016 @ 8:28am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I like the look of alpha trion and astro train. I do wonder though who at will be repainted into.

According to rumours, Vector Prime.

I bet anything Takara'll turn him into Lio Convoy tho
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion (1811647)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on August 3rd, 2016 @ 8:28am CDT
The Titan Masters remind me of sentient versions of the masks in the Zelda games. Kind of makes me wish that each one had come with a default head (which they basically do) which was supposed to be that individual's actual head (rather than an independent character) and a second "Titan Master" head (which matched the backstory Hasbro's given in its promotional materials) which they could don to 'power up'.

It'll be interesting to see what IDW does with it - in last week's Titans Return one shot, it sure seemed like Infinitus was Sentinel Prime, rather than a Titan Master who'd revived his headless body or something. If they treat the Titan Masters like Marvel's Symbiotes or DC's Reach Scarabs, that could be pretty cool, I just think it'll be a little lame if Optimus is incapacitated at some point because he dons a random Titan Master dude, and then can't find his real head afterwards. In the end, how many of these I buy will depend greatly on how many IDW convinces me I need.

Though Blurr's paint job looks so shiny he already tempts me, and given the chance, I kind of want to troop build Scourges, to make Sweeps, but give them all different heads. Since Scourge is the only one I've seen getting left behind on shelves, that might happen.

Nemesis Maximo wrote:There's just not much I can bring myself to like about Trion over here. His robot mode is pretty good, but I'm holding out for Thundertron.

If they can dual homage Thundertron (with the lion) and Tidalwave (with the ship), that'd be pretty cool. Energon Tidal Wave, at least, had the white and blue, so it might not be impossible.
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion (1811651)
Posted by RiddlerJ on August 3rd, 2016 @ 8:40am CDT
I wonder who they'll retool Alpha Trion into? Leo Convoy? Razorclaw?

Broadside? That ship mode looks kinda aircraft carrier-ish.

Edit: Just saw the posts above, derp.
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion (1811652)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 3rd, 2016 @ 8:48am CDT
Seeing these pics of Alpha Trion gives me no doubt in my mind that this mold is obviously going to be used for Vector Prime. That robot mode chest looks almost exactly like Cybertron Vector Prime's Critias Gateway (but now with lion paws and V-shaped armor partially covering it), the ship mode is obviously inspired by Cybertron Vector Prime's altmode, and Sovereign is molded as a direct homage to Safeguard, Vector Prime's Mini-Con.

Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion (1811655)
Posted by Kurona on August 3rd, 2016 @ 8:54am CDT
Even if the rumours didn't all-but-confirm it, I think that analysis would be enough to shift me in the direction of there's-no-way-this-isn't-vector.
It does bother me just a little that two members of the thirteen share the exact same mold... but on the other hand Vector Prime already has a unique mold I could pick up off of Ebay, and on yet another hand OH MY GOD A CYBERTRON CHARACTER IN GENERATIONS
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion (1811657)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 3rd, 2016 @ 8:56am CDT

I asked this at Botcon and I (we) felt like the question just broke them. What I mean is, it seemed like the interview went from friendly questions to nerd overdrive and the design team couldn't address it.

The Podcast team genuinely felt like they had no understanding of that question set against the US vs Japanese continuity differences for Headmasters.
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion (1811658)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 3rd, 2016 @ 8:57am CDT
Kurona wrote:It does bother me just a little that two members of the thirteen share the exact same mold...
You just gave me a thought. What if this mold is used to make ALL 13 of them!? :shock: :BOOM: :lol:
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion (1811677)
Posted by Cobotron on August 3rd, 2016 @ 9:55am CDT
Good eye on the comparison between A3 and Vector, Sabr. Although I have to admit, I love Cybertron Vector so much, I don't think I could replace (or duplicate in my case :lol: ) him with a new version. We'll see how weak I am if he does become a thing. :roll:

Tell you what though. I couldn't be more excited for that A3, and I can't wait to park a few Titan Master vehicles on the deck of that carrier mode.
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion (1811679)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on August 3rd, 2016 @ 10:04am CDT
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion (1811683)
Posted by Cobotron on August 3rd, 2016 @ 10:18am CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:I want to like Alpha Trion, but...something just...bugs me about him. He doesn't look right.
What would right look like to you? :-?
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion (1811685)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 3rd, 2016 @ 10:24am CDT
Is it the too much red compared to the purple and silver?
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion (1811686)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 3rd, 2016 @ 10:31am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Is it the to much red compared to the purple and silver?

It could be that, in a decidedly 'G1' styled line, that he is so decidedly not very 'G1' at all, not a bad thing, not a good thing, just tends to make him stand out.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Ultra Magnus Fall of Cybertron FoC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Exclusive Generations Fall Of Cybertron Voyager Blaster" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall of Cybertron BLASTER" on EBAY
Buy "Hero Mashers Transformers Beast Hunters Series Starscream Hasbro Kids Toy Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations FOC Fall of Cybertron Starscream Figure Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed #2" on EBAY