In-Package Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai

Transformers News: In-Package Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai

Friday, November 24th, 2017 2:39AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 14,357

Despite previous reports of delays in the arrival of the latest exclusive figure in the Takara Tomy Transformers Legends series, it looks like site sponsor RobotKingdom still has some early in-hand images - in the packaging, at least - of the LG-EX God Ginrai set, which includes previous releases LG-35 Super Ginrai (Powermaster Prime) and LG-42 Godbomber in their combined mode!

The current price on this particular listing is closer to 135 USD (before shipping) than the previous exchange, but it seems as though the original Japanese price of ¥17,280 (155 USD) still stands on Takara Tomy Mall, due to tax additions on the sale of the item in the country. Nonetheless, take a look at the images below, and join the conversation in the Energon Pub!

Difference between LG-EX God Ginrai and released version
1. Chrome applied on chest parts
2. Clear parts applied on Wondows
3. New Headmasters "Cap" and "Mineva" included

Credit(s): RobotKingdom

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: In-Package Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai (1923441)
Posted by Big Grim on November 24th, 2017 @ 5:56am CST
That boxart is bloody gorgeous!
Re: In-Package Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai (1923494)
Posted by Cyberpath on November 24th, 2017 @ 6:09pm CST

Transformation does include a little part-forming (the spare tire clip) but they actually painted windows underneath it so you can still have a complete vehicle mode without it.

I could have done without the holes in his arms though...

... since I tab the spare on his back.

Here he is with the other army guys.

Love that his vehicle mode can accommodate a passenger.

Plus, I finally have an extra Titan Master to man the second seat on Hardhead or the drone-things. (Even if as a head, Repugnus' bright yellow doesn't go with many bodies..)

Re: In-Package Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai (1923505)
Posted by MagicDeath on November 24th, 2017 @ 9:10pm CST
Cyberpath wrote:

I could have done without the holes in his arms though...

I found that my TR Brawn looks good in the same exact pose!

Cyberpath wrote:

Here he is with the other army guys.

Also, aren’t Roadbuster’s feet supposed to move up and backwards on the hinges to look more natural? I’m not trying to nitpick; I just realized that those joints have no other use, but nobody seems to use them, despite the fact that they make a large difference.

(It’s a Legends figure, right? I’m still on topic? Technically...)
Re: In-Package Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai (1923535)
Posted by Cyberpath on November 25th, 2017 @ 2:58am CST
I know what you mean, sometimes I do it, too..

Takara's website shows him with ankles btw.

And yeah, he's LG04 so you're good. ;)

- - - - -

Comparison pic of Titans Return vs Legends Sixshot, from @DPT_2002 --

Re: In-Package Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai (1923556)
Posted by Moonshot on November 25th, 2017 @ 11:19am CST
Cyberpath wrote:I got batch of new Takara Legends figures last week, I think LG48 Brawn is my favourite of the lot. For its size the likeness to the cartoon is really good. Transformation is simple but successfully manages two different good looking forms. I even forgo turning his head around for transformation because it's too stiff.

Yeah I agree, Legends Brawn looks so much better than TR Brawn. Small bit of paint and colour change makes all the difference in cartoon accuracy. Can't wait to get mine in, just have to wait until Legends Octane is released. Then I will get my haul: Legends Brawn, Octane, Doubelcross and 3rd party Alicon. Should be a fun day. Brawn and Octane have always been a couple of my favs.
Re: In-Package Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai (1923638)
Posted by Qwan on November 26th, 2017 @ 1:20am CST
Earlier this week we had quite a few in-hand images of Takara Tomy's recent Transformers Legends releases, and now we have even more - including a comparison between Takara's and Hasbro's versions of Sixshot!

From @DPT_2002 on Twitter, we have a side-by-side comparison of the two Sixshots, showing off the Takara version's new head and surprisingly different colors (though placement remains mostly the same, with perhaps a tad more color variation in the Hasbro take). The lighter and bluer teal on the Legends version steers much closer to the character's coloration in Japan's The Headmasters series, where the Titans Return toy is more similar to the original toy (and his appearance in The Rebirth cartoon). The purple of the legs, meanwhile, is slightly more saturated on the Takara toy than on Hasbro's.

Speaking of Sixshot's head, however, it seems like at least some copies of LG-50 have rather less paint on their eyes than the mold seems designed for - @Sutoratron shares images of their copy, both as it arrived with semi-unpainted eyes and after some small work with a toothpick and red paint. At the very least, if this does happen to be a wide-spread issue, it's one that can be remedied with relative ease.

Steering away from Sixshot onto another recent Takara Legends figure, we have an image from @Doratimus_Prime of LG-52 Doublecross' Targetmaster partner (Haywire) being held by the earlier Legends Blurr, along with his Autobot Targetmaster partners Hot Rod and Kup holding their respective partners as well. With Doublecross' Legends release, collectors looking for a modernized line-up of the "Movie-era" Autobot Targetmasters will finally be able to realize that goal!

Check below for each of these images and their respective (machine-translated) tweets, and share any thoughts you may have below! Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for any further news relating to these recent Takara Legends releases (images of their pack-in manga should be just around the corner!), or any other Transformers news that may arise!

[quote]I love colors with his Ninja S. T. A. G. overseas edition is the domestic version of White Wolf mode without turning a hair, obscure or well will look like now and it is great I want a Katana... [/quote]

[quote]With paint toothpick is clean delicately painted eyes six-shot LG specifications so be quick fix [/quote]

[quote]Target master double-cross, comes with target master's haywire. (In the comics to a surprising figure) and blur are natural partners because it have still come here. [/quote]
Re: In-Package Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai (1923640)
Posted by Octobotimus on November 26th, 2017 @ 2:23am CST
so...... the takara one that is more expensive......has less paint. 10/10 logic
Re: In-Package Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai (1923645)
Posted by TimothyR on November 26th, 2017 @ 3:39am CST
Octobotimus wrote:so...... the takara one that is more expensive......has less paint. 10/10 logic

It's not about more or less paint, it's about accuracy.
Re: In-Package Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai (1923646)
Posted by Ultra Markus on November 26th, 2017 @ 4:10am CST

theres also the fact that the headmaster is different and the helmet is molded different too
Re: In-Package Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai (1923648)
Posted by Qwan on November 26th, 2017 @ 4:37am CST
Ultra Markus wrote:

And the fact that there's not even close to less paint in actuality, just more paint serving the purpose of reducing the color variation. Those wrist-claws are either black plastic painted white on one side, or white plastic painted black on one side. The only two points of deco that are majorly "missing" from LG Sixshot are the ab paint (I'll concede on that one) and the chest decals, which are awful foil stickers that everyone hates anyway. Frankly I think the lack of those stickers is worth a premium on its own

Accuracy to a highly-simplified cartoon is another kettle of fish entirely, but with the newly-tooled helmet and head (not just face, entire Titan Master head dealio) on top of the redistributed but not significantly reduced paint, I don't think the logic here is too flawed honestly.
Re: In-Package Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai (1923652)
Posted by bvzxa on November 26th, 2017 @ 6:57am CST
Takara is not as accurate this time around as people may think. In fact the shade of green on Hasbro is closer to Japanese Headmasters than you think. I have been watching Japanese TF since '96. He is defienelty on the lighter green side of that version of the show. I love Takara but this will be the price of Hasbro Sixshots. Now I do have a few Legends version of the Titan Return figures and I plan on getting Legends Overlord, but I just dont know about this Legends Sixshot. I peeled off the chest stickers on my Hasbro version and it looks much better to me.
Re: In-Package Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai (1923670)
Posted by Cyberpath on November 26th, 2017 @ 10:42am CST
Got LG49 Triggerhappy about a week ago. Transformation is very creative! So many twists and turns and stuff moving around. HasTak has been bringing it with this line.

I'd be more impressed, however, if they had managed to work a way for his head to stay attached. He was never a Headmaster before and two "master" gimmicks are a bit much. I came up with my own backstory to explain the head, different than Rebirth and Headmasters and the Legends manga. But I'm waiting for the other two jets to arrive.

Save for elbows, Blowpipe has some really good articulation for his size, but he's not very fun..

.. at least not as much as these--!

this is why they call me Triggerhappy!

a direct hit!

now lets see..

heeeey--!

whoa...

Lastly, some more silliness, his secret double-headed dragon mode, which surprisingly the manga didn't pick up on --

Triggerhappy: hungry!

Re: In-Package Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai (1923717)
Posted by Cyberpath on November 26th, 2017 @ 6:16pm CST
Comparison shots from @portarmy --

Takara ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀Hasbro
⇩ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⇩

Re: In-Package Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai (1923733)
Posted by Va'al on November 26th, 2017 @ 7:58pm CST
Once again courtesy of fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath and their social media foraging, we have some new images of a Takara Tomy Transformers Legends figure, via Twitter account portarmy - a Japanese toy blogger - with spotlight taker LG-53 Broadside! The images, all mirrored below for your viewing convenience, are comparison shots between the Legends (left) and Hasbro Titans Return (right) versions of the toy, its jet and boat mode, the Headmaster and Titan Master, and the robots modes, plus some shots with mold-mate Tidal Wave.

According to the photographer's own description, both the grey and the red have been darkened in hue, with the latter also showing up more overall, as the Hasbro version adheres to the toy, where the Takara Tomy one is closer to the cartoon; plus, the eyes of the robot head are a different colour altogether: red for Hasbro, blue for Takara Tomy. Check them out below!

Re: In-Package Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai (1923747)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on November 26th, 2017 @ 9:30pm CST
And yet, they couldn't be bothered to fix the tail fins? UGGGGGGhhhhhhhhh.
Re: In-Package Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai (1923765)
Posted by RustedCross on November 26th, 2017 @ 10:24pm CST
Re: In-Package Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai (1923766)
Posted by william-james88 on November 26th, 2017 @ 10:25pm CST

Oh, not this shit again. Takara is only more expensive to people outside japan due to import fees, period. No other reason. If it was the same exact toy as hasbro, it would still be more expensive because of that (case in point, LG Trypticon)

The reverse works too, Hasbro toys are more expensive in Japan.

Check out this japanese listings from a reputable online retailer (like the japanese version of BBTS) for Hasbro's overlord, it's $100

http://www.redmercury.co.jp/shop/detail ... =RED-14034

And the only reason its more expensive is because Japanese people have to pay extra import fees for Hasbro products just like anyone outside japan has to pay extra import fees for Takara products.

Black Bumblebee wrote:And yet, they couldn't be bothered to fix the tail fins? UGGGGGGhhhhhhhhh.

There is nothing to fix according to them, that is how they toy was designed. And by them, no less.
Re: In-Package Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai (1923774)
Posted by Qwan on November 26th, 2017 @ 10:48pm CST
RustedCross wrote:Has anyone tried swapping the red fins for the grey fins, and then flipping them around? I’m wondering if they would fit better that way.

I don't believe the grey and red fins can be swapped with each other, but swapping the leg each fin is attached to and flipping them around helps immensely. The kibble on the carrier mode's underside gets a tiny bit more noticeable and you have to mess with 'em a bit more in robot mode, but it's a decent trade-off IMO.

Slightly-above-potato-quality demonstrative images (utilising the Hasbro version, natch):

Re: In-Package Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai (1923775)
Posted by RustedCross on November 26th, 2017 @ 10:53pm CST
Re: In-Package Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai (1923776)
Posted by Qwan on November 26th, 2017 @ 11:06pm CST
RustedCross wrote:Ya, I have seen that configuration, and I agree it helps. But I’m really curious to know if the red ones can actually go where the grey ones are. Have you tried? Do you know for sure that they don’t fit?

Haven't tried it recently, but I seem to recall being unable to do it back when I first grabbed Broady earlier this year. I'll check and see for certain when I get the chance later today.
Transformers products from AMAZON