In-Package Image of Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Scorn

Transformers News: In-Package Image of Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Scorn

Friday, May 19th, 2017 3:52AM CDT

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 21,257

Fellow Seibertronian bacem has pointed us towards a new image of in-package Voyager Scorn from the Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition toy line - courtesy of the usual Weibo account - and we've mirrored it below for your viewing! Check it out, and let us know what you think of this upscaled dinobot so far!

Credit(s): Weibo
Re: In-Package Image of Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Scorn (1882760)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 19th, 2017 @ 4:17am CDT
Just pointing out that Scorn is a DELUXE.

...
Unless they made an upscaled version just for TLK?
Naaaaah...
Re: In-Package Image of Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Scorn (1882762)
Posted by bacem on May 19th, 2017 @ 4:27am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Just pointing out that Scorn is a DELUXE.

...
Unless they made an upscaled version just for TLK?
Naaaaah...

no, this scorn is a voyager
<!-- ia1 -->images (32).jpg<!-- ia1 -->

that pic is taken at toyfair. As you can see, he is bigger than deluxe steelbane on the right.

And yes, this is a new mold for TLK
<!-- ia0 -->The-Last-Knight-Voyager-Scorn.jpg<!-- ia0 -->
Re: In-Package Image of Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Scorn (1882763)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 19th, 2017 @ 4:33am CDT
bacem wrote:

no, this scorn is a voyager

And yes, this is a new mold for TLK

Oh?
OOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................. :shock:

Well well well, a (somewhat) NEW dinobot!
Deluxe Scorn is a great mold. So I expect the new voyager to be amazing. Nevertheless, it's an unexpected want! :APPLAUSE:
Re: In-Package Image of Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Scorn (1882768)
Posted by Va'al on May 19th, 2017 @ 7:39am CDT
Seibertronian podcaster and database master ScottyP has been helping us validate some rumours about the deluxe Premier Edition Transformers: The Last Knight Bumblebee figure: apparently, there are two versions of the toy, one with yellow, one with black (cue Childish Gambino homage). Check out the rundown below!

ScottyP wrote:I'd heard some rumors about a deluxe Bumblebee variant, so I took a look for myself and yep, there is one. Behold - launch day purchase on the left, today's purchase on the right:

You can see the black paint not only gets onto the roof, but portions of the rear of the vehicle as well.

In robot mode there's no difference that's really noticeable. The shades of yellow are my lighting setup being crappy/me being not great at pictures. Trust me on this, the yellows are the same despite what it might look like here!

However, when it's in the package, the roof pieces are left flat on the back. I've posed these oddly to show you how you can identify the variant in the store. The easiest way is to look at the rear piece, as the black "leaks through" a bit even when viewed from the front. The roof panel itself can be helpful in this but it isn't as reliable.

Given that the assortment codes are the same, I don't know of any other way to identify them while in the store, outside of being a total prick and opening the package in the aisle (do not do this.)
Re: In-Package Image of Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Scorn (1882776)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on May 19th, 2017 @ 8:08am CDT
Now why couldn't the paint have been added to the robot mode
Re: In-Package Image of Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Scorn (1882777)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 19th, 2017 @ 8:09am CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Now why couldn't the paint have been added to the robot mode

Now why couldn't they have skipped the repaint and just release the brand new Deluxe in wave 1?
Re: In-Package Image of Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Scorn (1882778)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on May 19th, 2017 @ 8:10am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

And made Hot Rod a wave 3 deluxe? That is a question no one can answer
Re: In-Package Image of Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Scorn (1882781)
Posted by omega666 on May 19th, 2017 @ 8:39am CDT
And because of the extra paint, this is now $39.99. The Primeirier Edition.
Re: In-Package Image of Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Scorn (1882783)
Posted by itscramtastic on May 19th, 2017 @ 8:42am CDT
omega666 wrote:And because of the extra paint, this is now $39.99. The Primeirier Edition.
Haha! +1 Zing!!
Re: In-Package Image of Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Scorn (1882784)
Posted by Terrsolpix on May 19th, 2017 @ 9:06am CDT
Re: In-Package Image of Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Scorn (1882785)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 19th, 2017 @ 9:08am CDT
Terrsolpix wrote:Just a small tip for variant identification. Shine a phone light into the package while having the phone cover the least amount of clear plastic as possible. That's how I got good paint applications on CW deluxes.

If I did that, would I expect weird looks from the shop assistants like when I went through the 30 or so Tiny Turbo Changers they had on the pegs yesterday searching for Prime and Grimlock? I put all the unbought ones back on the pegs like a good tidy person though. :)
Re: In-Package Image of Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Scorn (1882786)
Posted by bacem on May 19th, 2017 @ 9:13am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

does molesting blind bags still counts as weird on US retails?
Re: In-Package Image of Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Scorn (1882787)
Posted by Terrsolpix on May 19th, 2017 @ 9:13am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

Tiny Turbos have a code on the back that just needs to be held up to the dimmest store light. Glad to see someone who also repegs them instead of throwing them in a box of the RID ones.
Re: In-Package Image of Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Scorn (1882788)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 19th, 2017 @ 9:16am CDT
Terrsolpix wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

I was using that list but those letters are kinda embossed and very small and it's hard to get the right kind of light to make out the exact shape of the letter so it took a while and i had my phone perched up ontop on the shelf below displaying the list. :P
Re: In-Package Image of Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Scorn (1882789)
Posted by Terrsolpix on May 19th, 2017 @ 9:16am CDT
bacem wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

does molesting blind bags still counts as weird on US retails?

Is not as bad ever since the Lego minifigure blind bags. I collect them and nobody bats an eye, mostly because I get them from an official store since it's cheaper that way. Also, Tiny Turbos tend to get bent in bag if too much force is applied.
Re: In-Package Image of Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Scorn (1882791)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on May 19th, 2017 @ 9:23am CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

And made Hot Rod a wave 3 deluxe? That is a question no one can answer

and take out all the dinobots but scorn, because theres no reason for them to be there
Re: In-Package Image of Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Scorn (1882792)
Posted by william-james88 on May 19th, 2017 @ 9:24am CDT
bacem wrote:
does molesting blind bags still counts as weird on US retails?

I was in canada doing the same and I felt pretty weird. But I found my Soundwave!
Re: In-Package Image of Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Scorn (1882793)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 19th, 2017 @ 9:26am CDT
Bumblebee21 wrote:

I dunno about Grimlock. The voyager toy is still very good and now in a more accurate paintjob easy available in regular stores and he does appear a lot in the trailers so likely a key character in the film so if missed out on the AoE release which obviously isn't in shops now (and was only sold in Toys R Us here in the UK back then) then I can understand the redecoed re-release there. Just the price hike on it is the annoying bit.
Re: In-Package Image of Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Scorn (1882794)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on May 19th, 2017 @ 9:29am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:

i hate the mold. and its not selling either. went to a tru and saw 14 of him.
Re: In-Package Image of Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Scorn (1882795)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 19th, 2017 @ 9:31am CDT
Bumblebee21 wrote:
i hate the mold. and its not selling either. went to a tru and saw 14 of him.

You hate it? I love it. I think it's a great figure and one of the best toys for any Dinobot ever and looks cool in both modes. I still have my AoE version and am just waiting for the TLK one to get price reduced.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Beast Fire Predaking Beast Hunters Predacons Rising - Time Remaining: 4 days 16 hours 51 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Movie 5 Deluxe Class Berserker Slash Barricade Bumblebee Set of 4 - Time Remaining: 2 days 2 hours 52 minutes 39 seconds
SDCC 2016 Exclusive set GIJOE and the Transformers Powerglide & Soundwave - Time Remaining: 3 days 4 hours 57 minutes 9 seconds
SDCC 2012 Exclusive Set GIJOE Transformers - Destro & Shockwave HISS Tank - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 57 minutes
Transformers RID 20th Anniversary DVD Edition G1 Optimus Prime - dated 2006 - Time Remaining: 1 day 23 hours 56 minutes 57 seconds
Kaiyodo Legacy of Revoltech LR-008 Convoy Optimus Prime Transformers Japan - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 9 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers Titans Return Autobot Teslor & Brainstorm Walgreens Exclusive MOSC - Time Remaining: 7 days 18 hours 12 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Class Optimus Prime 100% Complete + Box - Time Remaining: 4 days 16 hours 33 minutes 50 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #175 - Bayhem