In-Package Image of United Straxus

In-Package Image of United Straxus

Sunday, November 21st, 2010 8:10pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 60,105

We've known Takara for their accurate paint jobs on Transformers figures, but for accurate names too? Takara's version of Generations Darkmount will be under their Transformers United toyline as the correct name, Straxus. The figure will feature fully-colored blue arms, as well as other subtle differences. Thanks to a Taobao auction, we have a packaging image of the figure. Check it out below!

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): Goemon

Re: In-Package Image of United Straxus (1149227)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on November 21st, 2010 @ 8:21pm CST
Especially ironic, considering the Marvel TF comics were never translated and sold in Japan. Or would die-hard Japanese TF fans do their own translations of comics, like western fans do fansubs of TF anime?

I just bought 2 Darkmounts yesterday (one to kitbash), but if there's one TF united fig I pick up, it'll be Straxus. Well, if Hasbro doesn't put enough purple on their Lugnut, maybe he'll just barely become second priority.
Re: In-Package Image of United Straxus (1149239)
Posted by Sideswipe 00 on November 21st, 2010 @ 8:37pm CST
awesome...and nooooess lol i just ordering darkmount through the TRU online deal 2 for $15..as well as Terradive, Tomahawk, and Firetrap...I am LOVING :x this blue on him and the fact that he is actually named Straxus and has the bronze coloring instead of the matte finish. It also looks like the blue on him is slightly metallic as well. GAHHHH pending further images this seems like a awesome one to get.
Re: In-Package Image of United Straxus (1149255)
Posted by Rated X on November 21st, 2010 @ 9:05pm CST
Re: In-Package Image of United Straxus (1149259)
Posted by Down_Shift on November 21st, 2010 @ 9:10pm CST
Hmmm, I really like the blue on his arms.

Someone contact that seller and ask for a booty shot of that card!
Re: In-Package Image of United Straxus (1149261)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on November 21st, 2010 @ 9:12pm CST
Rated X wrote:Thats one thing thats cool about the UK. They dont care about stupid copyrights. They have the balls to name the figure by its correct name. I think all G1 copyrights should be retired. Who cares about a person who sold it to a person who sold it to a person who sold it to a person. Screw them all. Name the figure by its correct name. Props to the UK.

Japan is not part of the UK.
Re: In-Package Image of United Straxus (1149265)
Posted by T-Macksimus on November 21st, 2010 @ 9:20pm CST
Re: In-Package Image of United Straxus (1149273)
Posted by Blurrz on November 21st, 2010 @ 9:41pm CST
T-Macksimus wrote:I know there have been times in the past were (quite a few actually) where the folks from the UK have had something to gripe about with a particular U.S. release. Well, now you have something up on us because we got screwed with this figure. Proper name, better color scheme and, from my own point of view, better packaging with the TF: United line. It's about time you folks got something hot right out of the gate.

?????

Takara is Japan.

The UK has been Hasbro since the beginning.
Re: In-Package Image of United Straxus (1149278)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on November 21st, 2010 @ 9:50pm CST
It Is Him wrote:Whoa. In Japan, he's actually goes by his name: Straxus.

United: 1
Generations: 0

Was just about to make the same comment.
Still, Generations is a great line, and I like my Lord Straxus just fine, his packaging doesn't name him, if you get me.
Re: In-Package Image of United Straxus (1149299)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on November 21st, 2010 @ 11:33pm CST
Re: In-Package Image of United Straxus (1149315)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on November 22nd, 2010 @ 12:46am CST
cannonfodder4000 wrote:People can just complain about anything! I mean who cares if he's called darkmount? He's YOUR toy! YOU name him anything YOU want! >.>

Isn't that what I just said?
Though a fair argument could be made for fostering appreciation of a classic, if obscure, character in a new generation being hindered by the lack of name recognition between toy and source material.
Re: In-Package Image of United Straxus (1149365)
Posted by Stockade on November 22nd, 2010 @ 4:59am CST

Amen brother! I was about to say that, and personally i don't like the all blue on his arms and hands, it runs together and makes him look like a mechanical Smurf or something. I like having the dark grey in there, it breaks everything and looks better, besides, i bought Dark Mount...ooops(dont wanna piss anyone off), I mean Straxus for $2.12 at Kohls with a $10.00 off coupon, so at this price i can really call him anything i want, but he will be called Straxus!
Re: In-Package Image of United Straxus (1149392)
Posted by Sodan-1 on November 22nd, 2010 @ 6:51am CST
LOST Cybertronian wrote:

Japan is not part of the UK.

LOL!

Blurrz wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote: I know there have been times in the past were (quite a few actually) where the folks from the UK have had something to gripe about with a particular U.S. release. Well, now you have something up on us because we got screwed with this figure. Proper name, better color scheme and, from my own point of view, better packaging with the TF: United line. It's about time you folks got something hot right out of the gate.

?????

Takara is Japan.

The UK has been Hasbro since the beginning.

I'm in the UK, and I have to say, I haven't a rutting clue what these guys are on about.
Re: In-Package Image of United Straxus (1149397)
Posted by Mechastrike on November 22nd, 2010 @ 7:01am CST
BLASTED COPYRIGHT TRADEMARKS! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: In-Package Image of United Straxus (1149507)
Posted by MagnaBlade on November 22nd, 2010 @ 12:42pm CST
I like the United packaging graphics with Optimus and Megatron at the top. Looks cool. The Generations packaging is fine, but if I had a choice (if the prices were equal that is), I'd take United. Overall, packaging doesn't matter much to me since I'm not much of a MIB/MOC or MISB/MOSC collector.
Re: In-Package Image of United Straxus (1149512)
Posted by Dead Metal on November 22nd, 2010 @ 1:02pm CST
Sodan-1 wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:

Japan is not part of the UK.

LOL!

Blurrz wrote:

?????

Takara is Japan.

The UK has been Hasbro since the beginning.

British Empire 3.0
"we now have Japan"
Coming Fall 2011

Man this guy looks nice, and he's a good mould so I won't feel too bad buying this one as well.
Re: In-Package Image of United Straxus (1149545)
Posted by OptiMagnus on November 22nd, 2010 @ 3:23pm CST
Odd that they're still using the Animated packaging shape, but I like the packaging. Straxus looks awesome though.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber & KFC Simba Signature Edition LE 499" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Series Action Figure: LG23 Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers -Combiner Wars- Optimus Maximus - Ironhide Prowl Mirage Sunstreaker" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Victory G1 Takara 1989 Complete C-324 STAR SABER Headmasters Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Offroad SEALED CW G1 Generations Menasor Stunticons" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Breakdown SEALED CW G1 Menasor Generations Stunticons" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Combiner Wars - Menasor - With Comics and Cards" on EBAY