In-Package Images of Generations Thunderwing, Cliffjumper and Skullgrin

In-Package Images of Generations Thunderwing, Cliffjumper and Skullgrin

Sunday, October 10th, 2010 3:49am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 46,543

We'd like to thank site sponsor TFsource for hooking us up with in-package images for three anticipated Generations figures - Thunderwing, Cliffjumper and Skullgrin. Thunderwing is a brand new figure taking after the G1 Pretender of the same name. Cliffjumper and Skullgrin are repaints of Cybertronian Bumblebee and Darkmount, respectively. You'll find their packaging images below, and their preorders over at TFsource in the links.

Thunderwing

Cliffjumper

Skullgrin

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): TFsource

Re: In-Package Images of Generations Thunderwing, Cliffjumper and Skullgrin (1133639)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on October 10th, 2010 @ 3:57am CDT
wohoa what wave is this?
were only just getting darkmount over here in sunny old england.
Re: In-Package Images of Generations Thunderwing, Cliffjumper and Skullgrin (1133641)
Posted by Catalyst Prime on October 10th, 2010 @ 3:57am CDT
Thunderwing is a absolute want for me.

Will probably skip Skullgrin, looks good and all, but I've got Darkmount and one of the mold is enough for me.

On the fence for Cliffjumper though, got Bee, like him and all, but unless I start seeing more of the WFC cast, I'll probably keep it to only those that appear in the game.
Re: In-Package Images of Generations Thunderwing, Cliffjumper and Skullgrin (1133645)
Posted by Sodan-1 on October 10th, 2010 @ 4:13am CDT
LEVEL 2!!?? Thunderwing is a level 2!!?? Thunderwing is "EASY"!!?? I think there are more than a few Autobots who would disagree with Hasbro on that one.

Initially I only wanted Cliffjumper, and that was only for his head. But I might get all three now. I know this Thunderwing is meant to represent his Pretender shell form, but it's just not doing it for me. I hope a 3rd party might release a larger figure for this deluxe to occupy that's even half as awesome as dak's IDW custom. I'll get Skullgrin just to make up the Decepticon numbers.
Re: In-Package Images of Generations Thunderwing, Cliffjumper and Skullgrin (1133646)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on October 10th, 2010 @ 4:16am CDT
Skullgrin has everything I like about Straxus (cool alt mode, imposing bot mode), and none of the things I don't like (cartoonish color scheme, headsculpt that's not quite my cup of tea). Definitely buying it.

Still wondering if I should get Cliffjumper. I'm not crazy about repaints (even if they're technically different characters), although as it is, he's the only WFC fig that's in-scale with Bee. His red color scheme doesn't quite appeal to me, for some reason.
Re: In-Package Images of Generations Thunderwing, Cliffjumper and Skullgrin (1133659)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 10th, 2010 @ 5:19am CDT
An idiot once screamed(well not literally) in another site when I raised the issue of re-paints with just that, repaints :lol:, no molded new heads for the character per se. As a result we get quite expensive and at certain times high quality add-ons( ehem Fans Projects)

Now Hasbro/Takara has learned the lesson at least that when releasing the same mold, it no longer is enough to just change the name. Kudos for the Don Fig inspired Skullgrin head and the tiny overcompensating hero Cliffjumper.

Keep it coming guys! :APPLAUSE:
Re: In-Package Images of Generations Thunderwing, Cliffjumper and Skullgrin (1133684)
Posted by Rated X on October 10th, 2010 @ 8:16am CDT

" title="Image">Image
Re: In-Package Images of Generations Thunderwing, Cliffjumper and Skullgrin (1133685)
Posted by Sodan-1 on October 10th, 2010 @ 8:21am CDT
Rated X wrote:I will not touch Cliffjumper because him and Bumblebee look like those talking M&M's from the TV commercial. Just stamp a big M on their chest...

Lmao! That's some funny feaces.
Re: In-Package Images of Generations Thunderwing, Cliffjumper and Skullgrin (1133686)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 10th, 2010 @ 8:25am CDT
Rated X wrote:Skullgrin looks way better than Darkmount with better colors. Ill buy the plane because I like seekers, but he is nothing special.

Thunderwing is not a Seeker. A plane mode does not a Seeker make.

I'd only get Thunderwing out of the bunch, but for me the wave can be skipped.
Re: In-Package Images of Generations Thunderwing, Cliffjumper and Skullgrin (1133691)
Posted by Dagon on October 10th, 2010 @ 8:52am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Thunderwing is not a Seeker. A plane mode does not a Seeker make.

But, if one wanted to use Thunderwing as a Seeker, that would be accceptable. If Starscream leads the Seekers, and Starscreams' 'title' is Aerospace commander, then his Seekers would need flight capable alt modes, and so then, yes, a plane alt mode for a Decepticon could a Seeker make. Also, if Thunderwing were my toy, I could do with him as I pleased. For instance, for me, he never was leader of the Decepticons nor did he steal the Matrix.
Re: In-Package Images of Generations Thunderwing, Cliffjumper and Skullgrin (1133698)
Posted by Powermaster Prime on October 10th, 2010 @ 9:15am CDT
Hasbro hasn't repented from doing repaints.I wonder why
Re: In-Package Images of Generations Thunderwing, Cliffjumper and Skullgrin (1133740)
Posted by Bass X0 on October 10th, 2010 @ 11:04am CDT
Powermaster Prime wrote:Hasbro hasn't repented from doing repaints.I wonder why

Why should they? Its cheaper for them to release a mold twice in different colors than it is to create two brand new molds.

I have Darkmount but I may be tempted to buy Skullgrin as well.
Re: In-Package Images of Generations Thunderwing, Cliffjumper and Skullgrin (1133749)
Posted by Droptested Thrice on October 10th, 2010 @ 11:28am CDT
Powermaster Prime wrote:Hasbro hasn't repented from doing repaints.I wonder why

Cliffjumper and Skullgrin have new heads.
Re: In-Package Images of Generations Thunderwing, Cliffjumper and Skullgrin (1133750)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 10th, 2010 @ 11:31am CDT
Powermaster Prime wrote:Hasbro hasn't repented from doing repaints.I wonder why

And to add insult to injury: repaints have been part of Transformers even before Day 1. Diaclone, Microman and Transformers are all connected when it comes to sharing molds.
Re: In-Package Images of Generations Thunderwing, Cliffjumper and Skullgrin (1133778)
Posted by sabrigami on October 10th, 2010 @ 12:16pm CDT
Seeing these pictures makes me really sad that I couldn't get a preorder at BBTS for Thunderwing. Simplicity of the transformation aside, he does look pretty sweet. I just hope they get more at BBTS soon. My area doesn't even have wave 2 for generations yet. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: In-Package Images of Generations Thunderwing, Cliffjumper and Skullgrin (1133795)
Posted by Ultra Markus on October 10th, 2010 @ 1:08pm CDT
so i haven't seen dark mount in any store and already they are showing repaints
just like with rotf blugeon i saw banzitron first in stores, they sure have the distribution
all messes up
Re: In-Package Images of Generations Thunderwing, Cliffjumper and Skullgrin (1133802)
Posted by Sky-Quake on October 10th, 2010 @ 1:44pm CDT
I don't know which I should get Straxxus or Skullgrin
Re: In-Package Images of Generations Thunderwing, Cliffjumper and Skullgrin (1133818)
Posted by 666-SHOT on October 10th, 2010 @ 2:31pm CDT
I have Thunderwing pre ordered at BBTS. Love the cj and skull grin too but I think I will be able to find them at TRU or Wally world. TW is a must have for me.
Re: In-Package Images of Generations Thunderwing, Cliffjumper and Skullgrin (1133847)
Posted by Down_Shift on October 10th, 2010 @ 3:21pm CDT
Well this makes me want them even more now! Good thing I have them pre-ordered
Re: In-Package Images of Generations Thunderwing, Cliffjumper and Skullgrin (1133857)
Posted by Dai_Ceefax on October 10th, 2010 @ 3:34pm CDT
Is it wrong that the M&Ms comment made me want WFC BB & CJ more than I ever did before :-?

Just got Straxus, love him to bits already and Skullgrin's Japanese counterpart Dauros/Dowlos/Whatever was my favourite Masterforce character, I only wish the retooled head captured even a little of his expressiveness...
http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/2/26/Dauro ... rshell.jpg

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Thunderwing is not a Seeker. A plane mode does not a Seeker make.

You needn't nitpick every comment anyone makes that might be construed as incorrect, JelZe (especially when the term 'seeker' is so open to personal [and canonical] interpretation!), it'll only discourage people from expressing their personal opinions...

PS Downshift's new avatar is god
Re: In-Package Images of Generations Thunderwing, Cliffjumper and Skullgrin (1133859)
Posted by SlyTF1 on October 10th, 2010 @ 3:37pm CDT
Ohshitohshitohshitohshit! Thunderwing looks awesome! And hes a delux! Thats less money that I have to spend!!! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:

But why'd they give him an easy transformation?! I havent seen an easy transformation level since Real Gear robots!

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #277 - Daring to Be Stupid
"Daring to Be Stupid"
Posted: Sunday, May 30th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Commemorative Series 9 Ricochet 2004 NO NIGHTSTICK TRU Excl EX Cond" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TURTLER / SNAPTRAP Takara TT-GS03 New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "1987 Transformers G1 Vintage Headmaster Scorponok - Helmet for Lord Zarak" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects G2 Megatron, Netflix Hotlink Target Red Wing" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Scorponok shield original" on EBAY