In-Package Images of Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock

In-Package Images of Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock

Monday, May 31st, 2010 2:12am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 35,379

The king has arrived.

We've got in-package images of the latest Masterpiece figure to make it's way onto the shores of North America. To be released in August 2010 as a Toys R' Us exclusive, 反冲 of ACToys.net shares with us Masterpiece Grimlock. Unlike Takara's first release of Masterpiece Grimlock, Hasbro's version is much more similar to MP-08X King Grimlock. If his enormous stature and standalone display ability aren't enough, Masterpiece Grimlock comes with colour changing eyes, his crown, and a menacing sword and blaster. Feel free to check out the images and Grimlock's biography below!

Keep it at Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): ACToys.net

This article was last modified on Monday, May 31st, 2010 3:13am CDT

Re: In-Package Images of Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock (1080367)
Posted by Torneira on May 31st, 2010 @ 2:35am CDT
Very very nice packaged!
Looks awesome enough just to display him inside the box as well.

I already have the original Takara-Tomy version, but I wouldn't mind get this guy a second time again, for that price. So I could have him in both his modes.
Re: In-Package Images of Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock (1080379)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 31st, 2010 @ 4:14am CDT
I'll get him, and what a great choice, showing off the more popular alt mode.

It'll be my 3rd MP Grimmie, but I'm okay with that.
Re: In-Package Images of Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock (1080383)
Posted by Chaoslock on May 31st, 2010 @ 4:26am CDT

I love this pic (anybody knows where a full version may be found?) and the bio too =P~
Re: In-Package Images of Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock (1080400)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 31st, 2010 @ 6:38am CDT
So, he'll be part of the "Transformers (2010 toyline)" toyline. Interesting.
Re: In-Package Images of Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock (1080402)
Posted by Forgotten on May 31st, 2010 @ 6:54am CDT
Uhh, Why does it say electronic lights & sounds? Please tell me Hasbro didn't add a "Me Grimlock No Bozo, Me King!" Soundchip in there somewhere. I would have to get him then.
Re: In-Package Images of Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock (1080407)
Posted by Zeds on May 31st, 2010 @ 7:27am CDT
Top must have for me. Such a thing of beauty. AWESOMESAUCE! Looks like this is being Made in China. I thought production was being moved to Vietnam? Only Tak/Tomy releases maybe or only certain production runs. Either way very nice.

Hope the quality is good given the price difference with the Tak/Tomy release. $100+ price tag would be more than too much for North America to swallow. That was the reason why we got plastic Alternators instead of metal Binaltech.
Re: In-Package Images of Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock (1080416)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on May 31st, 2010 @ 8:33am CDT
a "buy on sight" figure if i ever saw one
Re: In-Package Images of Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock (1080418)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 31st, 2010 @ 8:46am CDT
Someone PLEASE tell me if this comes out before July 31st. I really want this guy... :sad:
Re: In-Package Images of Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock (1080421)
Posted by Solrac333 on May 31st, 2010 @ 9:10am CDT
Me want.
Re: In-Package Images of Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock (1080422)
Posted by WolfDawg on May 31st, 2010 @ 9:18am CDT

Back to the figure though, it looks great and I'm SOOOO glad I didn't buy the Takara release. Bought on sight for me.
Re: In-Package Images of Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock (1080426)
Posted by Kibble on May 31st, 2010 @ 9:38am CDT
Cool packaging. Although I don't quite get why they packaged him in alt mode...they could have made the package a good deal smaller in bot mode. They must feel he'll sell better in dino mode...
Re: In-Package Images of Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock (1080429)
Posted by STngAR on May 31st, 2010 @ 10:01am CDT
Looks nice but I have the Takara version and thats fine with me. I probably would have waited for this if i knew he was coming to the US and saved some bucks.
Re: In-Package Images of Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock (1080441)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 31st, 2010 @ 11:15am CDT
Impressive, and I will buy him, but I seriously don't like the packaging. I'd have rather they kept him in robot mode and used other Masterpiece style packaging.

Plus, if your TRU is anything like mine....if they don't have the room or can't accommodate it, it won't hit the shelves until they do.

Or, they'll put it on a shelf in another department, which will make it next to impossible to find.
Re: In-Package Images of Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock (1080446)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 31st, 2010 @ 11:28am CDT
WolfDawg wrote:I read that this figure definitely won't be in stores BEFORE the San Diego Comic Con. However, after that, I guess all bets are off. Sadly, I have no clue when the SDCC is, lol.

SDCC is around the end of July, the 22nd or something.
Re: In-Package Images of Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock (1080458)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 31st, 2010 @ 12:27pm CDT
Frekn awesome! I cant wait to find this! It will probobly cost $50 though.
Re: In-Package Images of Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock (1080460)
Posted by Chaoslock on May 31st, 2010 @ 12:41pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:Frekn awesome! I cant wait to find this! It will probobly cost $50 though.

The retail price will be 59,99 $ according to TFW.
Re: In-Package Images of Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock (1080477)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 31st, 2010 @ 2:09pm CDT
Looks great.

Now I just have to keep my girlfriend out of the toy stores for the next few months so she doesn't discover she could've bought me the same toy for $170 less than she paid... :shock:
Re: In-Package Images of Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock (1080541)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 31st, 2010 @ 5:46pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:Looks great.

Why not do the decent thing and let her return it and buy you the Hasbro version?

I mean, that's a LOT of money, and it just seems...not right.
Re: In-Package Images of Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock (1080558)
Posted by Rated X on May 31st, 2010 @ 6:49pm CDT
This is great !!! Now all we need is a Wal-Mart MP Thundercracker too !!!
Re: In-Package Images of Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock (1080563)
Posted by Screamfleet on May 31st, 2010 @ 6:59pm CDT
Is that new "green" packing ties?

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #284 - Welcome to 2010
"Welcome to 2010"
Posted: Sunday, September 12th, 2021

Buy "transformers combiner wars computron" on EBAY
Buy "???? Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Class CYCLONUS SILVERBOLT LOT NEW ????" on EBAY
Buy "???? Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Class CYCLONUS MOTORMASTER LOT NEW ????" on EBAY
Buy "LG-EX Black Convoy Tokyo Toy Show 2017 Limited Edition Transformers Legends" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bombshell 100% Complete Titans Return Combiner Wars Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Siege War for Cybertron Autobot Hound Deluxe Class NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Hound Wheeljack Smokescreen Trailbreaker (Sky Reign)" on EBAY
Buy "Combiner Wars DEVASTATOR Transformers Hasbro Generations + X2 Upgrade Kit" on EBAY