In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers EG Collection

In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers EG Collection

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 9:19am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 19,951

Site sponsor Robotkingdom has updated their pre-order pages for Takara Tomy's Transformers EG Collection figures with in-package images. Below we have:

• EG01 Optimus Prime
  • EG02 Bumblebee
  • EG03 Prowl
  • EG05 Hound
  • EG06 Megatron
  • EG07 Starscream

They all share the same card back. The listing for EG04 Smokescreen and EG08 Airachnid have not been updated, and still use stock imagery.

In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go!

In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go!

In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go!

In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go!

In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go!

In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go!

In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go!

Credit(s): Robotkingdom

This article was last modified on Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 9:28am CDT

Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers EG Collection (1481541)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 24th, 2013 @ 9:25am CDT
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers EG Collection (1481545)
Posted by ScottyP on April 24th, 2013 @ 9:29am CDT
At first I was like: Damn, these molds again?!

But then I was like: Oh snap, I like that grey Megatron tank.
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers EG Collection (1481552)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 24th, 2013 @ 9:50am CDT
Takara is really milking those molds! They are good molds, though.
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers EG Collection (1481563)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 24th, 2013 @ 10:46am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Huh, That's odd. The EZ Collection has been put under the generic Transformers label, instead of Transformers GO! Kinda like our generic 2010 lines.
Isn't that still Go!-styled packaging?
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers EG Collection (1481568)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 24th, 2013 @ 11:00am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Isn't that still Go!-styled packaging?

And the Generations vs. 2010 vs. Reveal the Shield debate is resurrected. :lol:
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers EG Collection (1481570)
Posted by noctorro on April 24th, 2013 @ 11:07am CDT
Packages look like bootlegs.

But Rodimus Prime, when are they going to stop making an almost perfect G1 optimus Prime in freakin LEGION CLASS. Please Hasbro Stahp! Make him a voyager.
I already have mini-prime.
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers EG Collection (1481573)
Posted by noctorro on April 24th, 2013 @ 11:08am CDT
By the way, What does EG or EZ mean?????????????????
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers EG Collection (1481574)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 24th, 2013 @ 11:12am CDT
noctorro wrote:Packages look like bootlegs.

I already have mini-prime.

The new Prime with Roller in Generations is Commander Class

noctorro wrote:By the way, What does EG or EZ mean?????????????????

EZ = Easy, if you follow the American pronunciation. And EG probably stems from EZ + Go!.
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers EG Collection (1481575)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 24th, 2013 @ 11:12am CDT
noctorro wrote:By the way, What does EG or EZ mean?????????????????
"EZ" = a pun on "easy"

"EG" = a cross between "EZ" and the "G" in "Transformers: Go!"
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers EG Collection (1481577)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 24th, 2013 @ 11:14am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
noctorro wrote:Packages look like bootlegs.

I already have mini-prime.

The new Prime with Roller in Generations is Commander Class
Nay. He's a new size class called "Legends class", which is a tad larger than Legion/old Legends and a smidge smaller than Commander.
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers EG Collection (1481578)
Posted by noctorro on April 24th, 2013 @ 11:15am CDT
That makes sense, thanks :)

So 2 more Transformers Generations lines to go till we get the voyager right? Commander=Scout -> Deluxe -> Voyager :D
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers EG Collection (1481580)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 24th, 2013 @ 11:18am CDT
noctorro wrote:That makes sense, thanks :)

We already got both a Voyager and a Deluxe in the first Classics line.
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers EG Collection (1481581)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 24th, 2013 @ 11:18am CDT
noctorro wrote:That makes sense, thanks :)

We already have one, since 2006:

Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers EG Collection (1481582)
Posted by noctorro on April 24th, 2013 @ 11:23am CDT
I know, I have him 2 meters to my left.

I just don't like the gundam proportions, and the windshield + head.

That's why me wantz a voyager sized updated version of that legion or the upcoming Commander. The Deluxe sized was a remake of the Robot Masters Optimus Prime which was a remake of Masterpiece 1 Optimus Prime. His truck mode is horrible and head looks bad. Other than that, he should've been the voyager mold and the voyager mold should've been a deluxe class.

end of grumpy rant.
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers EG Collection (1481584)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 24th, 2013 @ 11:37am CDT
noctorro wrote:I know, I have him 2 meters to my left.

I just don't like the gundam proportions, and the windshield + head.

end of grumpy rant.
Yet, the Legends one (not Commander) is based off the IDW design, which itself is a Movie-ized version of the Classics Voyager.
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers EG Collection (1481586)
Posted by noctorro on April 24th, 2013 @ 11:48am CDT
true, but somehow he looks more g1 then classics voyager does.
To my defective eyes anyway.
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers EG Collection (1481628)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 24th, 2013 @ 2:43pm CDT
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers EG Collection (1481631)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 24th, 2013 @ 2:47pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Kinda disappointed they didn't include the weapons for Prime, Prowl, and Starscream. Heck, Starscream has the posts in his wings for them. Is it because the weapons were done in a previous EZ line?

The weapons are Hasbro only. TakaraTomy choose to keep them simple and omit the weapons it seems (only 4 molds have them anyway), but the retoolings remain.
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers EG Collection (1481679)
Posted by KNM2012 on April 24th, 2013 @ 4:23pm CDT
And sadly, I cannot pick up any of these. The rules tied to my "30 strong" project dictate that I be frugal with the remaining 5 free slots (3 Autobot, 2 Decepticon). So unless they put out characters that already have slots in my collection... I guess this is the only time I will regard this set. So Takara Tomy? Dinobots. Give me that and I will toss even more money towards your direction. :lol:

(And guys, I do recommend trying to do this. It is mentally taxing, but has its own emotional rewards in the end. :D)

Oh, and on a side-note, I do acknowledge that I should have not rejoined in 2012. I might even retire here due to lack of people I can chat with. However, it did give me an excuse to start my own blog. So between Q3 2013 and Q1 2014, expect to see one be made by me. And when it comes to any G1 topic, I will make sure that every character I write about makes even my published works seem "amateur hour-ish." :lol:
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers EG Collection (1481689)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 24th, 2013 @ 4:42pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

The weapons first showed up in a Takara line after the original molds were released in the states.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed #2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream - deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation 1 3-D Jigsaw Stand Up Puzzle Warren Ultra Magnus 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS THRILLING 30 FALL OF CYBERTRON SKYWARP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager Class - Decepticon Sandstorm" on EBAY