Tuesday, April 8th, 2014 5:07pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 47,758

While Ryan is preparing the galleries for the by now actually quite anticipated Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager figures Evasion Mode Optimus Prime and Grimlock, here at Seibertron.com we've decided to give you a bit of an appetizer - check out below the scans of the instruction sheets for the two figures, showing the 18 steps to transform them, and ..very little else. As always, leave your thoughts in the Energon Pub, and make sure to come back later this week for the full galleries!

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Grimlock and Evasion Mode Optimus Prime - Instruction Sheet

This article was last modified on Tuesday, April 8th, 2014 5:49pm CDT

Re: Instruction Sheets for Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Grimlock and Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1563690)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 8th, 2014 @ 5:09pm CDT
After years and years of obscure and hard to decipher instructions leaflets, Hasbro finally do it right! At last, the ones who are neither TF experts or those who have a hard time understanding puzzles will not be left in the dust.

The funny thing is, I didn't need the instructions at all to transforms both figures!
Re: Instruction Sheets for Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Grimlock and Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1563693)
Posted by craggy on April 8th, 2014 @ 5:13pm CDT
those are definitely instruction sheets
Re: Instruction Sheets for Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Grimlock and Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1563695)
Posted by Bouncy X on April 8th, 2014 @ 5:16pm CDT
Re: Instruction Sheets for Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Grimlock and Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1563698)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 8th, 2014 @ 5:21pm CDT
Bouncy X wrote:so with this toy and the new movie, we see Prime being in his original alt form but still using the live action robot model. so if this was possible, why didn't they just use that alt form to begin with? or was it bay who wanted a long nose cuz it was more rad or something?

The reason he gave was because the long nose truck has more mass than the flat nose. That way he could make Optimus look much bigger.

But then you watch the movies and realize that scale means as much to him as it did in the G1 cartoons (just look at the scene where he's holding Sam and Mikala, then the scene where he picks up the glasses). So really can't tell what the reason is, but the one he gave works for me.
Re: Instruction Sheets for Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Grimlock and Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1563703)
Posted by Seibertron on April 8th, 2014 @ 5:30pm CDT
Re: Instruction Sheets for Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Grimlock and Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1563717)
Posted by craggy on April 8th, 2014 @ 5:56pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Biggest problem with these instructions is that they are in reverse order from how the products are packaged. Getting closer to making these simpler for the average person/parent/child.

d'oh!
I've always liked how the Japanese TFs I've got have had instructions for both ways. Maybe it's not all of them (I tend not to spring for the imports) but it is quite helpful sometimes, as occasionally "reverse instructions" doesn't always seem to work right.
Re: Instruction Sheets for Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Grimlock and Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1563719)
Posted by Seibertron on April 8th, 2014 @ 6:01pm CDT
craggy wrote:

d'oh!

Hasbro recently started doing that in the past couple of years and Takara followed suit. It's nice to have the instructions that way.
Re: Instruction Sheets for Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Grimlock and Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1563760)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 8th, 2014 @ 8:16pm CDT
So that prime doesn't have monkey arms? Nice. The shotgun pegs into the hand quite stupidly though.
Re: Instruction Sheets for Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Grimlock and Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1563781)
Posted by Noideaforaname on April 8th, 2014 @ 11:00pm CDT
Colors!

Re: Instruction Sheets for Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Grimlock and Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1563785)
Posted by Cyberpath on April 8th, 2014 @ 11:17pm CDT

I think the real reason is ego. He changed it so he could put his signature on it.

Prime's original face and red White Freightliner mode are two of the most iconic things from Transformers.

OptimusPrime.jpg

I like the instructions, too! Looks like they used a nicer version of the toy there. (Different head sculpt and shoulders paint.)
Re: Instruction Sheets for Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Grimlock and Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1563796)
Posted by Flashwave on April 8th, 2014 @ 11:58pm CDT
Cyberpath wrote:

OptimusPrime.jpg

Re: Instruction Sheets for Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Grimlock and Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1563806)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 9th, 2014 @ 12:37am CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:That's also a ridiculous amount of small text. I see it's in 3-4 languages, but still.

That's because it's the Canadian version.
English, French, and... Spanish.
Why Spanish is there as well? Only English and French are required for anything Canadian. To distribute it in the USA, and the rest of the Americas, of course. Hasbro should do it for ALL the Hasbro toys. Add Portugese too. That way, ONE packaging for North and South Americas. That would be logical and cost-effective. That way, no regions would miss out on any TFs because of stupid language issues.
Re: Instruction Sheets for Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Grimlock and Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1563828)
Posted by W4t3rw4g0n on April 9th, 2014 @ 4:28am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
W4t3rw4g0n wrote:Get ready for more scrappy looking weak skeleton form robot modes from yet another crappy movie. Man I had hopes they wouldn't completely blow it this time but no luck. The only thing that they got right is optimus primes vehicle mode. But then he transformes into a skeleton looking robot. Where's the beef?

Sheesh... So, you went through the trouble of registering and loging in to this site only to puke pure hatred as your first post ever? Way to go.

Well, YOU see a "skeletton" here:
Me, I see a glorious and beefy samurai, an anime-esque demon warrior.

Bah, I'm wasting my time. It's like explaining colors to the blind.

Re: Instruction Sheets for Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Grimlock and Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1563832)
Posted by Cyberpath on April 9th, 2014 @ 4:51am CDT
Flashwave wrote:The reasoning I heard was actually that there simnply tend to me more nosed trucks than cab-overs on the highway nowadays, which tends to match what I see in Indiana, although other states may very and there are plenty of older cab-overs still out there.
It's the other way around here, I see about 50 cabovers for every one long nose.
Re: Instruction Sheets for Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Grimlock and Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1564029)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 9th, 2014 @ 5:12pm CDT
W4t3rw4g0n wrote:I was referring to prime. Yes I feel he is way to skinny. I've been a fan since day one in the 80's so yes I do know what I'm talking about. Don't judge my knowledge on transformers based on forum posts. Compared to their G1 counterparts the movie versions are very skinny and scrappy looking. The don't look solid enough for my taste. As for grimlock he looks a little stronger but doesn't look like grimlock at all. Not the grimlock I grew up with. I had hopes for this movie, but it looks like stike 4 from Michael bay. But I'm sure plenty of you fan boys will eat it up though.

Yeah, I get it. You're a hardcore Geewunner.
So, if you completely hate the movie design, or any desings that is not "G1 enough", why bother posting in this thread at all? It's like going to a brocoli recipes thread just to say that you hate brocoli.
Re: Instruction Sheets for Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Grimlock and Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1564082)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 9th, 2014 @ 9:36pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Of course, Hasbro will never do it because the Americans are usually queasy about acknowledging that other cultures and languages exist.

Statements like this aren't true, they're offensive, and not necessary.
Re: Instruction Sheets for Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Grimlock and Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1564087)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 9th, 2014 @ 9:56pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:

Statements like this aren't true, they're offensive, and not necessary.

I may have exagerated and used a tired stereotype, but I'm kinda justified. Mostly because each times a toy reviewer take a look at the packaging, if there's any language other than English on the box, they look at it like it's really weird or the most bizzare thing in the world. There's even one reviewer who couldn't tell the difference between French and Spanish! I thought you guys learn basic Spanish in school.

Another unrelated reason. There's a great foreign movie? Dubs will fail so let's remake it in Hollywood. However, the rest of the world accept the dubs. No country would ever remake an American movie locally instead of dubbbing it. Ever.
Finally, most Americans know the rest of the world only through stereotypes. (In all honesty, everyone is guilty of it, no matter where they are from.)
Re: Instruction Sheets for Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Grimlock and Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1564090)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 9th, 2014 @ 10:08pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Another unrelated reason. There's a great foreign movie? Dubs will fail so let's remake it in Hollywood.
What about every Studio Ghibli movie dubbed by Disney? The latest one by Hayao Miyazaki, The Wind Rises, was nominated for Best Animated Picture, losing to Frozen.

Spirited Away even DID win Best Animated Picture back in the day.
Re: Instruction Sheets for Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Grimlock and Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1564099)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 9th, 2014 @ 10:40pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:

Statements like this aren't true, they're offensive, and not necessary.

Apparently we have a communication problem, here. My post wasn't a matter of discussion. That was a member of the staff telling you it was inappropriate. That's the moment when you should've said "You're right, it was unnecessary. I apologize to everyone." Instead, you kept it going with another statement involving a group/nationality/whatever and putting another zinger in there.

Again, not appropriate. So let me make it abundantly clear: Knock it off with the stereotypes, offensive phrasings, singling people out and rude behavior. I grow tired of people being offensive and disrespectful to one another.

This message board is for everyone, not just you.
Re: Instruction Sheets for Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Grimlock and Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1564103)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 9th, 2014 @ 11:30pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Spirited Away even DID win Best Animated Picture back in the day.

Of course, any animated movies are an exception. A cartoon character MUST be dubbed for it to properly exist and putting some hollywood street cred in it is easy and not weird at all. (BTW, LOVE the Ghibli. My fave is Howl's Moving Castle.)

I would really LOVE to see a French LIVE ACTION movie being dubbed by some Hollywood big shots. Arnold Swhartzenneger dubbing GĂ©rard Depardieu, Vin Diesel dubbing Jean Reno, Lady Gaga dubbing Audrey Tautou. Shit would be hillarious!

Speaking of French movies, many, MANY French blockbusters have been remade in Hollywood. Just do a Google search and see how much of your favorite American movies are actually remakes from French movies! The really weird thing is, most of these remakes were then dubbed in French and released in Quebec and... France! Often, I saw the remake before the original. I grew up with French dubs. However, now that I know my English, I don't tolerate them anymore and I prefer to watch any movies in their original language. I want to hear the real actor act, not his "ghost".

Anyway, let's get back on topic before we get a Red Card. :HEADHURTS:

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Studio Series SS-22 Dropkick Bumblebee Movie Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Classics Mini-cons Night Rescue Divebomb Strongarm Firebot" on EBAY
Buy "transformers prime beast hunters blight blot" on EBAY
Buy "New Sealed Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Cogman 2016" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Studio Series Buzzworthy Bumblebee lot of 2 #26 #40 Shatter WW2 ????" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Studio Series Buzzworthy Bumblebee lot of 2 #15 #26 BB + WW2 BB ????!" on EBAY
Buy "Mirage - Transformers Series 2 The Loyal Subjects Vinyl Blind Box Figure 1/16" on EBAY
Buy "Target Exclusive Transformers Beast Hunters Cindersaur / Smokescreen" on EBAY