Is Fansproject Ready to Return to the 3rd Party Scene?

Is Fansproject Ready to Return to the 3rd Party Scene?

Thursday, February 23rd, 2012 5:52am CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 34,072

Is Fansproject ready to return to the 3rd party scene? After a lengthy silence, they have release a teaser photo on their facebook page of what looks to be a painted and possibly production ready version of their upcoming Heartmaster figure. It is still not clear what specific character the Heartmaster represents but looks to be a homage to the powermaster gimmick.

The image which shows they have added a clear cockpit has been mirrored below.

Credit(s): Fansproject, Spazicon

Re: Is Fansproject Ready to Return to the 3rd Party Scene? (1350553)
Posted by Sodan-1 on February 23rd, 2012 @ 6:30am CST
It's wrong how just the sight of "FansProject" in the title of a news article made me squeal like a girl and made a mess of the keyboard.

After all this waiting, they're still going to tease us??!! Evil. Just evil. :D

The colours are looking distinctly Magnus. I admit I did not see that one coming.
Re: Is Fansproject Ready to Return to the 3rd Party Scene? (1350558)
Posted by Prime Evil on February 23rd, 2012 @ 7:09am CST
Please sir...can I have some moar?
Re: Is Fansproject Ready to Return to the 3rd Party Scene? (1350559)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on February 23rd, 2012 @ 7:22am CST

Nevertheless, it's nice to have Fansproject back, those guys are cool. :D
Re: Is Fansproject Ready to Return to the 3rd Party Scene? (1350560)
Posted by DevastaTTor on February 23rd, 2012 @ 7:29am CST
What scares me a little is that there may be some sort of trailer add-on later, especially if the leaning away from a WWI Grimlock color scheme. Doubtful, but it could happen-meaning I would HAVE to buy it too.

In any case, hope they show more in Singapore in a few weeks! (fingers crossed)
Re: Is Fansproject Ready to Return to the 3rd Party Scene? (1350561)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on February 23rd, 2012 @ 7:35am CST
Meh.. screw heartmasters...
Need me some new Headmasters..
Re: Is Fansproject Ready to Return to the 3rd Party Scene? (1350564)
Posted by SLUGSLINGER81 on February 23rd, 2012 @ 7:48am CST
These guys have set the bar on what a 3rd party company is as far as the quality, aesthetics, and overall customer satisfaction and for that I will forever be a customer!!! :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
Re: Is Fansproject Ready to Return to the 3rd Party Scene? (1350566)
Posted by autobotborn on February 23rd, 2012 @ 8:08am CST
:-? mmmmmm...i like it >:oP seems to be following the powermaster/breastmaster lineage. I want some more pics though. Good to see Fansporject back in the game. with them and Maketoys coming out with some cool stuff this year, i know where my money is going. Now how bout some pics of those not stunticons that have been rumored to be coming?? And a little request..how bout some autobot gesalt love...i want the technobots or protectobots!!!!
Re: Is Fansproject Ready to Return to the 3rd Party Scene? (1350572)
Posted by Mkall on February 23rd, 2012 @ 8:27am CST
Cyber Bishop wrote:Meh.. screw heartmasters...
Need me some new Headmasters..

Gotta agree there.

unless it's a homage to an existing canon TF, I'm not interested
Re: Is Fansproject Ready to Return to the 3rd Party Scene? (1350573)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on February 23rd, 2012 @ 8:33am CST
Re: Is Fansproject Ready to Return to the 3rd Party Scene? (1350574)
Posted by DrLegend on February 23rd, 2012 @ 8:37am CST
Awww... I was hoping that Stunticon rumor was true.

:BANG_HEAD:
Re: Is Fansproject Ready to Return to the 3rd Party Scene? (1350577)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on February 23rd, 2012 @ 8:43am CST
DrLegend wrote:Awww... I was hoping that Stunticon rumor was true.

:BANG_HEAD:

It may yet prove to be true, but they take YEARS to make a figure.
Re: Is Fansproject Ready to Return to the 3rd Party Scene? (1350579)
Posted by DevastaTTor on February 23rd, 2012 @ 8:51am CST
DrLegend wrote:Awww... I was hoping that Stunticon rumor was true.

:BANG_HEAD:

I suspect they're saving the big surprises for times closer to events like CybertronCon or BotCon. If this indeed Heartmaster, we've known about this for well over a year.
Re: Is Fansproject Ready to Return to the 3rd Party Scene? (1350580)
Posted by Spazicon on February 23rd, 2012 @ 8:53am CST
cannonfodder4000 wrote:Those definitely aren't Grimlock colors, so it has to be a different Heartmaster than the WWII Grimlock they showed.

Nevertheless, it's nice to have Fansproject back, those guys are cool. :D

It's the same one. Here's how we know;

- Image

I know there's some similarities to War Within Grimlock (as well as Prime) (the smoke stacks), but it's easier to come to the conclusion this may not be based on any one particular Transformer. Especially considering Grimlock never had a Powermaster form to begin with.

Also, the designs are really not that similar (WW Grimmy and this "Heart Master"). At least from my view.

Mkall wrote:
Cyber Bishop wrote:Meh.. screw heartmasters...
Need me some new Headmasters..

Gotta agree there.

unless it's a homage to an existing canon TF, I'm not interested

More for me.

Gauntlet101010 wrote:If it were anyone but Fansprojects, this would be an easy pass for me. He's not even a real character ... at least, as far as we can tell.

Good, if he isn't! I guess I'm really the only person who doesn't want 30 versions over 20 years of the same 10 or so characters.
Re: Is Fansproject Ready to Return to the 3rd Party Scene? (1350584)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 23rd, 2012 @ 9:09am CST
This is a question to anyone who thinks highly of Fansproject (I know I do):

What if this is NOT a homage? Let that gestate...1...2...3...and

What if Fansproject feels they are now ready to move their storyline out of existing canon and into their own universe. The crystal thing at fanspjectcore.com would indicate an original story biulding. A story filled with new characters. FP Characters. Would we still be fans of Transforming toys that are not... Transformers?
Re: Is Fansproject Ready to Return to the 3rd Party Scene? (1350586)
Posted by Rated X on February 23rd, 2012 @ 9:15am CST
I never knew Fansproject left. Ive had my insceticons since November, which they were sitting in my Pile of Loot maybe 3 months since the first one was released. Thats about 6 months total. Can they have a chance to chill and enjoy their profits ??? Or maybe some time to design a new figure ??? I think this whole "Fansproject has disappeared" mentality is overreacting.

As far as the whole Powermaster idea, all I can say is I hope it's not another Prime.
Re: Is Fansproject Ready to Return to the 3rd Party Scene? (1350587)
Posted by craggy on February 23rd, 2012 @ 9:17am CST
GetRightRobot wrote:This is a question to anyone who thinks highly of Fansproject (I know I do):

What if this is NOT a homage? Let that gestate...1...2...3...and

I could be. I know I've welcomed more than a few new characters to the TF universe since the early days of the line. Comics and cartoon have made a lot of really mediocre toys very sought after (G1 Bludgeon being a prime example) because of their portrayals of the characters, but also, virtually fictionless toys that have been good have become favourites of mine (some of the PCCs and HA Basics, for example) and I already have a couple of FP items that are really nice. I wouldn't write them off just because they're not emulating a Hasbro character.
Re: Is Fansproject Ready to Return to the 3rd Party Scene? (1350588)
Posted by DevastaTTor on February 23rd, 2012 @ 9:21am CST

What if this is NOT a homage? Let that gestate...1...2...3...and

I think most fans will if we can see the logic behind them. This might not be a direct homage, but the idea behind it ties back to official themes and concepts.
Re: Is Fansproject Ready to Return to the 3rd Party Scene? (1350592)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on February 23rd, 2012 @ 9:34am CST
I don't know if I'm interested in a non-TF character. This may be $80-$100; that's a bit much to pay for a toy of someone I have absolutely no connection to.
Re: Is Fansproject Ready to Return to the 3rd Party Scene? (1350594)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 23rd, 2012 @ 9:40am CST
If FP could establish a baseline with fans, that allows the connection to Cybertronians and carried traits we would all recognize but not infringe on Intellectual Property rights, then they would be free to move to a more official capacity than any other 3rd party company. There are tons of hobby/comic book shops that stock expensive, collector driven toys similar to what FP offers. I might also clear them of any future legal action. I'm just saying, they have my support based solely on their quality of product.
Re: Is Fansproject Ready to Return to the 3rd Party Scene? (1350596)
Posted by El Duque on February 23rd, 2012 @ 9:46am CST
I have a feeling you guys are in for a big surprise/shock from FP in the near future........

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Chromia Comic New MIB NIB MOC 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers - Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Megatron & Grimlock - NIB!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Voyager Vector Prime 2005 and Cybertron Buzzsaw" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Takara Legends LG36 Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "SCOURGE! Transformers Titans Return! Deluxe Class, Brand New!" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2013 TRANSFORMERS Machine Wars G1 Rainmakers Hotlink Single Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Titan Master Skytread New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "ThreeZero Studio ThreeA 3A Transformers Bumblebee Movie  DLX Diecast BLITZWING" on EBAY