This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song?

Transformers News: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song?

Wednesday, April 13th, 2011 6:56AM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Rumors
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 52,383

The Linkin Park website has been slightly updated. It features a moon on which you can click to hear a small modified snippet of Linkin Park's Iridescent which is on their album "A Thousand suns'. An image on the website also features the Autobot symbol in "A Thousand Suns art style". Is this the new Linkin Park Dark Of The Moon Song?

Joe Hahn of Linkin Park has dropped a little hint on his Twitter account about a new video and asking "Do robots and leather look good together?"

It has been previously reported that "Burning In The Skies" would be the featured song in the third movie. If this is true, then it is an unexpected turn of events.

Credit(s): Linkin Park.com

Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1208505)
Posted by Deathsanras on April 13th, 2011 @ 7:03am CDT
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1208506)
Posted by AutobotTrainer on April 13th, 2011 @ 7:04am CDT
I just have a hard time not hearing anything Pink Floyd when it comes to score for DOTM...
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1208518)
Posted by ubertenorman on April 13th, 2011 @ 8:06am CDT
I think this song fits a lot better than "Burning in the Skies." Though neither song is great.
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1208520)
Posted by Rated X on April 13th, 2011 @ 8:07am CDT
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1208522)
Posted by ubertenorman on April 13th, 2011 @ 8:10am CDT
Also "Iridescent" would be benefited greatly by a string section and full chorus. Heck, (I can't believe I'm saying this) even a key change.
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1208530)
Posted by xtsaur on April 13th, 2011 @ 8:39am CDT
i think this song works perfectly for what i believe this 3rd and final (unfortunately) will be. its a very emotional song about things coming to an end and coming to terms with them. i will feel very emotional when my favorite film franchise of all times comes to an end. :x
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1208540)
Posted by Varia31 on April 13th, 2011 @ 9:02am CDT
I liked "Burning in the Skies", but this one does seem to suit Dark of The Moon better, such as when it mentions the devastation (suiting for the final battle), and "letting the sadness and frustration go" can easily be tied to this continuity's Optimus Prime, being that when he was first betrayed by Megatron, he was fueled with rage for a time (seen in Foundation), also fitting since this film will supposedly give some focus to Optimus, Sentinel, and Megatron. Anyhoo, now that I've thrown my two cents out, I'll just wrap it up in a nutshell... "I like it!" :) lol
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1208544)
Posted by Red 50 on April 13th, 2011 @ 9:12am CDT
I don't know. It less sad-tuned than BIS. I'm liking them both.
My guess is...

...That they should include them both in the Movie.
Irid should maybe be when someone of the main characters is remembering someone leaving or dying.

BIS however is a bit darker (and colder too, if I may) and would fit more maybe to the end credits as Prime gives another one of his 'famous speeches'. Maybe during some action, too.
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1208556)
Posted by Insidious on April 13th, 2011 @ 9:39am CDT
I'm surprised they didn't go with "Robot Boy". Obvious play on words aside, it's the song on A Thousand Suns I could most clearly hear in my head going with the credits.

That said, I'm sure whatever they pick will work well.
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1208596)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on April 13th, 2011 @ 11:00am CDT
Deathsanras wrote:Do you mean Burning in the Skies?

Indeed I do thanks. :WHISTLE:
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1208637)
Posted by BeastProwl on April 13th, 2011 @ 12:23pm CDT
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1208725)
Posted by T-Macksimus on April 13th, 2011 @ 3:35pm CDT
BeastProwl wrote:Look, (Talking to Rated X Because I DONT know how to reply to other's comments because I'm doing all this on my PS3) If you DONT like Linkin Park, DONT POST ON ARTICLES ABOUT THEM!!! If theres one thing you should know, For the Billionth Time, Linkin Park is NOT A BOYBAND! If They are, then that makes Practically every male-only group a freakin BOYBAND, wich, I Hesitated to mention, would be 95 freekin percent of the RAP/HIP~HOP/R&B WORLD!!!! Furthermore, you should LIKE Linkin Park at this point, cause all they do is HIP-HOP now! I understand that, to you, it's all about, or if you reply, it will be all about the "Movie Soundtrack" I'm sorry, but HIP-HOP and Giant Frikin robots that scrap and blow up entire cities in fistfights and all out wars? they just don't mix . =;

In all fairness this is a public forum and Rated X does have the right to voice his opinion. We don't have to agree with each other (Primus knows most folks don't often care for my opinion most times) but we do have the right to be heard. No, LP is not a "Boy Band" but likewise saying that Hip-Hop doesn't mix with Giant F'ing Robots is also not an accurate statement IMO. Would not the song "Second to None" which was associated with Bumblebee and included on the first movie soundtrack fall into the category of Hip-Hop? Do I much give a damn if it DOES fall into that category? Yes and No respectively to those questions.
Give me enough time and I can find a freaking Country song that will actually work well with portions of the movies. Everyones tastes are different and everyone comes away from the movies and soundtracks with something different.

That having been said, after listening to both Iridescent and Burning In the Skies, I would have to say that I think Burning would be a better selection for the soundtrack. Iridescent is a great song from a lyrical standpoint but taking into account that the bulk of the movie is going to be loud and raucous and Iridescent is so subdued for the first 2/3 of the song I fear that it would be overshadowed and rendered pointless. With Burning I feel that there would be more opportunity for it's use in an action based setting and I found the content to give a better overall feel of what both the humans and the TF's would be dealing with in this film.
It's all just my opinion and honestly, I think Burning should run sometime during the course of the film and Iridescent should played at the end and maybe lead into the final credits of the film. I have little doubt that the final scene of DotM is not going to be a happy one and Iridescent would be a good song to "fade out" to.
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1208814)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 13th, 2011 @ 6:54pm CDT
Oh no, more linkin park. Spare me this mockery of justice!
Need more DNB :twisted:
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1208817)
Posted by prowl123 on April 13th, 2011 @ 7:05pm CDT

Wretches and Kings would be perfect for DOTM. Here's the opening "speech" clip. It goes really well with the genre of the movie.

"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers. Upon all the apparatus and you've got to make it stop."

The overall message of the song isn't quite right, but they reference "the machine" over and over again all throughout the lyrics. And the movie's all about giant robots that blow up cities.

Machine = robot. 'Nuff said.
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1208818)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 13th, 2011 @ 7:08pm CDT
prowl123 wrote:If they REALLY want a good song from A Thousand Suns to go in DOTM, they should pick Wretches and Kings. I absolutely love Iridescent and Burning in the Skies, but they're too mellow and cerebral (not that I don't like cerebral). Usually, you want to go out with a bang for the third installment of a major blockbuster movie franchise. By 'bang,' I mean a blasting Hip-Hop/Mechanical/Rap song throughout the movie.

Machine = robot. 'Nuff said.

Sounds too anti machine. I want music that is the machine.
Turn up for best results.
:CON:
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1208912)
Posted by BeastProwl on April 14th, 2011 @ 1:32am CDT
Ide like to apologise to you all for my indifferent outburst! I was just in a terrable mood, woke up with a headache, you know the Drill. ANYWAY Ide like to apologise first and foremost to rated X. I find myself agreeing with alot of what you say, and again, hangover, Headache, excedren wasnt working, but enough complaints. All I REALLY Disagree on, it turns out, is the whole Boy-Band thing. But otherwise, I Was immature, regardless of my conditions. PLEASE FORGIVE!!! I Like some Hip~Hop, It's just when it's about Drugs, Sex, Gangs, And shooting, I cant stand it! So, I Suppose Ide have to agree with everything you said, Prowl123 was it? Still dont know how to post off of other's comments :BANG_HEAD: But I Like Fort Minor and eminem and usha, at least some of their songs. Like Prowl123 said Wretches and kings? Hell yeah! As for a fitting country song? hm you know that one The thunder rolls? Sad theme were all you hear is the song and it's raining, and Sam and Carly are split up unwillingly by military men
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1208944)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on April 14th, 2011 @ 6:30am CDT
There is no longer any need for speculation. Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park has confirmed on his blog that Iridescent has been chosen as the Dark Of The Moon single:

A few months ago, I got on the phone with Michael Bay, who wanted to discuss the possibility of our band continuing our run with songs paired with the Transformers films. We (he, his team, and our band) all have enjoyed working together on the past two, and he wanted to discuss the ideas we might have for Transformers 3: Dark Of The Moon. In particular, one song came up immediately. Ever since we started playing Iridescent live, the song has been a fan favorite at the show.

For the film, there’s a new, slightly shorter version of the song, which is floating around the internet now. We’ll be shooting a video for the song tomorrow, directed by Joe Hahn.

Were you hoping for a different song? Did you like previously reported Burning In The Skies better? Discuss this song choice in the Energon Pub.

Seibertron: The Ultimate Transformers Resource
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1208969)
Posted by Vicalliose on April 14th, 2011 @ 7:54am CDT
I liked Linkin Park for a very short time back in 04. But that because their music was attached to some videos I liked on youtube.

Some years later, and their music just seems like trash to me. I prefer music that stays in the 80s-90s spirit of rock, or just anything that isn't disgustingly over-popular, whatever. :roll:
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1208970)
Posted by Red 50 on April 14th, 2011 @ 8:04am CDT
So it's not Burning In The Skies.

I still like both of 'em. Both very good.
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1208973)
Posted by Deathsanras on April 14th, 2011 @ 8:19am CDT
Rated X wrote:I said it before and ill say it again...boy bands suck. Bring on some hip hop for DOTM

The Beatles were a boy band.

I would enjoy seeing criteria qualifying LP as a "boy band" that does not also qualify The Rolling Stones and The Who as boy bands.
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1208987)
Posted by Rated X on April 14th, 2011 @ 9:03am CDT
:SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK:

Nuff said...

Rated X wrote:

The Beatles were a boy band.

Well thats way before my time. It's no secret Im a pure hip hop/rap fan. I consider any group of boys that sing and are fairly clean cut and popular with the ladies a "boy band". Actually the Beatles were america's first boy band.
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1209004)
Posted by Prankmeister on April 14th, 2011 @ 9:44am CDT
Rated X wrote::SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK:

Nuff said...

Rated X wrote:

The Beatles were a boy band.

Also, just curious, but why do you think rap or hip hop would fit Transformers? I could see some DNB like Pendulum possibly, but I always thought that the metal from the original 80s cartoon and Vince DiCola's score fit it flawlessly. And of course, I don't think anybody can really argue with the orchestrated score.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Dcg7cd ... re=related

I mean seriously, if you can't dig Scorponok's theme or the song from the forest fight...
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1209007)
Posted by Transformers Fanatic on April 14th, 2011 @ 10:04am CDT
I would have preferred "Burning In The Skies", but "Iridescent" will do. ;)
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1209021)
Posted by Soundwave1979 on April 14th, 2011 @ 10:32am CDT
LMAO at everyone discussing the true definition of a boyband...SMH! :roll:

In all honesty - how on earth can ANYONE of you claim which Linkin Park song will suit the movie better, without even having seen the movie or that specific scene yet? #-o

Well, the movie is obviously gonna have a massive, epic ending, and i'm pretty sure there are gonna be some major, surprising losses in terms of characters...and to be honest, after all the damage is done and seeing the humans and Transformers perhaps part ways for good, i think this song and the lyrics could very well suit the sad and shocking atmosphere that the film is going to portray. I can definitely see this being played whilst the credits roll... 8)
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1209034)
Posted by Astronopolis on April 14th, 2011 @ 11:41am CDT
Deathsanras wrote:

The Beatles were a boy band.

I know what youre trying to say, but you've used a bad example. The Beatles weren't a boy band, they have always written their own music and played instruments (yes, Ringo counts).

However Motown music from the same era were mostly singing groups, like the Temptations, would have songs written for them, and even sing other groups songs. They did not play instruments either. Not that their music was bad, most of it is excellent. But there you go, good music falling under the Boy Band category.

Also, the Stones? THE WHO? what criteria? that the bands are all male!? Also, don't group in tried and true musical genius with pop music :evil: .

As much as I dont like Linkin Park and would enjoy irritating fans of the band and musical genre they fall into, i just gotta defend the good music out there!
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1209042)
Posted by T-Macksimus on April 14th, 2011 @ 12:05pm CDT
Personally, I think they are making a mistake with this one. I'm not saying it's a bad song, they did an amazing job with the writing/composition of this one, I'm saying that they are limiting what they can do with this song by going for the more somber/subdued tone. New Divide was usable in a couple of different forms throughout RotF due to versatility in remixing. They could work with it more. Iridescent...what can you do with that besides play it at the very end of the freaking movie?! At that point the music will be relegated to barely audible background noise while the actors spout their final lines and at most we may catch 4 seconds of the song. What a waste!! :BANG_HEAD:

Yeah, I know...I have no way of knowing the content of the film so how can I say that there won't be an ideal spot for this song besides at the very end, right? You don't have to be a Sociology professor to figure these films out. Just look at the collective behavior of the fan-base over the last two films and Bays reaction to it and you can see where this third film is going. This movie is NOT going to be worth the amount of money that's been thrown at it, that much I can practically guarantee!
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1209072)
Posted by BeastProwl on April 14th, 2011 @ 2:03pm CDT
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1209076)
Posted by Red 50 on April 14th, 2011 @ 2:20pm CDT
BeastProwl wrote:WOW.... first time Ive actually LISTENED to this......... I Can see them playing it like this: The autobots have to leave, and they can't take sam with them. as the ship flies away, you see Bumblebee with his hand pressed against the glass, with sam and carly left standing in the middle of a ruined city holding hands. then pan to military funeral, with sam and carly in suits attending. then life just takes it's course, and it's like they never even came.

Your theory sounds so sad. But I think it's suitable with this song.
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1209087)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 14th, 2011 @ 2:41pm CDT
Prankmeister wrote:Wait so you're saying that The Beatles suck? It's possible to dislike The Beatles?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Dcg7cd ... re=related

Beatles suck imo with the exception of like 1 song.
Pendulam would be the lamest choice for DNB as they also suck.
Old 80's soundtrack is ace, and the orchestra for the movies are also excellent.

Oh and if you want to get technical, Linkin Park is nu-metal. Not a boy band, not hip hop (even though it possesses elements), it still falls under the category of Nu-metal.
I just hope Linkin park doesn't play until the movie is actually over. :lol:
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1209093)
Posted by Prankmeister on April 14th, 2011 @ 2:48pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Dcg7cd ... re=related

Beatles suck imo with the exception of like 1 song.
Pendulam would be the lamest choice for DNB as they also suck.

I just hope Linkin park doesn't play until the movie is actually over. :lol:

Please explain to me how The Beatles and Pendulum suck. The Beatles were one of the most influential bands to ever live; I can accept disliking them, but to say that they were bad at what they did is ludicrous to me.
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1209101)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 14th, 2011 @ 3:21pm CDT
Prankmeister wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Dcg7cd ... re=related

Beatles suck imo with the exception of like 1 song.
Pendulam would be the lamest choice for DNB as they also suck.

I just hope Linkin park doesn't play until the movie is actually over. :lol:

Alright, if you want me to explain:

"Musical taste"

I'm not going to get into a whole thing, but I'd definitely give the beatles more credit for being unique than, say..Pendulam, who are basically a hodge podge rip off DNB, mixed in with lame vocals.
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1209105)
Posted by Prankmeister on April 14th, 2011 @ 3:24pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:
Prankmeister wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Dcg7cd ... re=related

Beatles suck imo with the exception of like 1 song.
Pendulam would be the lamest choice for DNB as they also suck.

I just hope Linkin park doesn't play until the movie is actually over. :lol:

Alright, if you want me to explain:

"Musical taste"

And no, being popular is not a good reason to say they suck.

EDIT: Curious, how in the world do you rip off an entire genre? That seems awfully broad...
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1209107)
Posted by RodimalToyota on April 14th, 2011 @ 3:26pm CDT
The only LP songs I have liked since they went politicalemocore were the two songs from the previous movies. Only probably because they remind me of the movies.

otherwise I only look forward to what Jablonski has in store for us.

I don't care about any of the crap that gets put on the soundtrack, I only care about the score.
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1209109)
Posted by Burn on April 14th, 2011 @ 3:28pm CDT
No, he's saying that HIS musical taste (aka his opinion) that they suck. He's neither right or wrong, but he is allowed to have his opinion.

I've never been a major fan of The Beatles, but I won't fault what they've done and the impact they've had on society.

btw, for those who insist on still arguing.

Wiki definition of "boy band". While it's not "official", this is the the more common socially accepted of how a boy band is defined. Thus making Linkin Park, The Beatles, and every other all male group that can play instruments and write their own music NOT boy bands.
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1209110)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 14th, 2011 @ 3:29pm CDT
Prankmeister wrote:What does that explain? That tells me you dislike them, but that does not mean that they suck. Are you trying to say that no one with musical taste likes those two groups? Because you'd be hard pressed to find anybody that has good 'musical taste' then given how widely accepted The Beatles are.

And no, being popular is not a good reason to say they suck.

Easy there, i meant varying music taste, from person to person.
I don't care how popular anyone is, I just listen to what I listen to.
I think they suck coz they' don't appeal to me.
Yea, trust me, I know a ton about DNB, and these guys ripped off as much as they could while still being poppy to be mainstream and appeal.
This is what Pendulam would sound like if they didn't try so hard, and didn't suck so bad:
Same style, but much much better.
:CON:
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1209167)
Posted by Pontimax 01 on April 14th, 2011 @ 5:08pm CDT
Strip the vocals and I think The Radiance would sound good as background music during a scene.

Not really that hot on Burning in the Skies or Iridescent. Of the two, I would probably go with Burning. But of the entire album, the only thing I truly like so far is Waiting for the End. Maybe The Catalyst, more for the beat then the lyrics.
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1209174)
Posted by trence5 on April 14th, 2011 @ 5:36pm CDT
Actually I think "Catalyst" is more suitable. just listen to the lyrics:

God bless us everyone

Oh)
Like memories in cold decay
Transmissions echoing away
Far from the world of you and I
Where oceans bleed into the sky

God save us everyone,
Will we burn inside the fires of a thousand suns?
For the sins of our hand
The sins of our tongue
The sins of our father
The sins of our young

God save us everyone,
Will we burn inside the fires of a thousand suns?
For the sins of our hand

The sins of our tongue
The sins of our father
The sins of our young

And when I close my eyes tonight
To symphonies of blinding light
(God save us everyone,
Will we burn inside the fires of a thousand suns?
Oh)

God bless us everyone
We're a broken people living under loaded gun
And it can't be outfoght
Can't be outdone
It can't out matched
It can't be outrun

Tell me that does echo about a "people" having to live under the gun
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1209281)
Posted by Rodimus2006 on April 14th, 2011 @ 11:07pm CDT
I listen to this song earlier to me it is a romance song and it will be with Sam & Carly.

I dont know if it will be remixed them or will they keep the original to early to tell with this yet.

They made romance them for 1 & 2 this is the 3rd one.

I would have picked these songs

We Are One - (Autobot Theme)
Enemy Within - Rev Theory

We Are one is the WWE Nexus Theme but I dont like the New Nexus current version.

Also would be cool would be the song used by the other group The Corre their them would be cool to use in this soundtrack I think it is done by Elerctic 9

I have more songs but like I said they probably already have the songs picked out.
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1209286)
Posted by Rated X on April 14th, 2011 @ 11:25pm CDT

I grew up in Miami which is an urban area. We have a little bit of everything down here, but because of our international diversity, many things that are extremly popular in middle America just arent as popular down here. Music plays an essential role in culture. So when deciding what makes the best "fight music" for giant robots doing battle, opinions will vary based on the region. What you consider "fight music", I might think would work better for a beer comercial. I personally dont feel a connection between rock/metal and giant robots fighting. I think a high energy music like electro/trance would do much better. And for a fight scene, what could be better than Atlanta style "crunk music" ??? Lil Jon beats makes the crowd throw up their hood and causes fights in clubs countless times. Strip clubs dont play much rap music because of the hysteria it causes when combined with liquor. With this kind of energy being produced through rap music, why wouldnt it work great in DOTM ??? Im also an avid WWE Wrestling fan, and I must point out how an industry once dominated by heavy metal has been infused with rap music. And it works !!! The crowd goes wild everytime John Cena or R-Truth's opening songs play. Same thing with Rey mysterio's reggaeton song and Mark Henry's song by my favorite group Three Six Mafia. Did I see many hip hop fans at Botcon last year ??? Not really. But I saw a few. And I bet youre gonna see more and more each year. Thank Michael Bay for that. when you bring something to the big screen, you spawn a new generation of fandom and collecters that dont always follow the stereotypical favorites of the general fandom. I will tell you this though. Stan Bush's songs worked great for the G1 movie back in 1986. Thats what everybody was listening to back then. The "Hair Metal" era. But this is not 1986. This is 2011. Everybody gets on my case when I complain about figures not being "G1 enough" and say I should accept change. But some of the same people want to see rock music dominate the Transformers world until the end of time. Practice what you preach and accept change...

Im done. Say what you wish, but I hope I opened up a few minds.
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1209293)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 15th, 2011 @ 12:22am CDT
Rated X wrote:This thread was dead until I made one of my "classic" comments. I dont have time to answer everyone, but I will clarify my opinion so people will understand my logic and stop thinking I just make comments to be different or against the grain.

Im done. Say what you wish, but I hope I opened up a few minds.

The kind of fighting you seem to speak of is ghetto/street/mafia fighting.
Transformers is sci-fi alien fighting (and so perhaps a lil too akward to have such human music overlayed). Don't get me wrong, as I too dig particular rappers like Immortal Technique and N.W.A.
But rather than rap, I would prefer metal. BUT (big but :lol: ) I despise the average commercial metal bands that would get picked anyway.
That leaves us with? DNB :twisted:
Hehehe. Hey, G1 had its share of synth. And the crazy thing, Rated X, is stuff like Dubstep could easily pass for the background music for rappers.
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1209516)
Posted by BeastProwl on April 15th, 2011 @ 3:32pm CDT
I Guess that makes sense, after all, giant transforming alien robots are as real as WWE wrestling, so why can't they have the same music? :lol:
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1209548)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on April 15th, 2011 @ 5:07pm CDT
For me this is a big disapointed, as that song was proably the one on the album hat i cared for the least. I guess i should wait for the movie as if it does end up fitting in, i might end up liking it after all. But i doubt it. With the movie supposed to haveing a darker tone, i just don't see this song fitting in. Oh well.
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1209975)
Posted by El Duque on April 16th, 2011 @ 1:23pm CDT
As we all now know Linkin Park will be contributing to the Transformers DOTM soundtrack. Early speculation lead us to believe "Burning in the Skies" would be the featured song, but "Iridescent" ultimately won out. MTV has posted an interview with Linkin Park's Mike Shinoda in which he explains the choice. It can be viewed here.

"The 'Transformers' collaboration has been really fun for us. I mean, we grew up playing with the toys," Shinoda explained. "When we first got approached on the first one, we said yes based on the idea of taking that thing that we loved so much and bringing it to life in a modern way. As it's gone on, that's still a big part of it for us."
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1210072)
Posted by T-Macksimus on April 16th, 2011 @ 5:39pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:

Im done. Say what you wish, but I hope I opened up a few minds.

The kind of fighting you seem to speak of is ghetto/street/mafia fighting.
That leaves us with? DNB :twisted:

This is the kind of stuff I love seeing on here. Gives me just a small glimmer of hope for the human race. :P

When you really, truly break it down fighting, and I mean REAL fighting by people who know what the hell they're doing, isn't all that dis-similar from dance. The fluidity of movement, the coordination and balance...so long as there is a good beat you should be able to "dance" to it. Now this is going to illicit a groan from some folks (like I care) but look at the Soundtrack for the first Mortal Kombat movie. That had both Metal and Techno in it and both worked equally well when properly placed in the movie. It's the same with the TF movies, you just have to know how to match the "dance sequences" so to speak.
Iridescent, obviously, is not gong to be during one of those sequences. This is obviously more of an introspective type song so it will be interesting to see where they incorporate it. I'm just disappointed that LP didn't contribute another up-tempo song like their first 2 contributions (3 if you count Mike's solo contribution on the first soundtrack) but well see what other stuff is contributed to fill in all the action gaps.
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1210080)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 16th, 2011 @ 6:03pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:Now this is going to illicit a groan from some folks (like I care) but look at the Soundtrack for the first Mortal Kombat movie. That had both Metal and Techno in it and both worked equally well when properly placed in the movie. It's the same with the TF movies, you just have to know how to match the "dance sequences" so to speak.

Exactly! MK as well as MK Annhilation had sweet soundtracks, same with the first Matrix, same with Blade (not the cd though as it had too much rap that wasn't even IN the movie, buut whatever), same with Spawn... That killer upbeat metal/techno or metal OR techno works awesome for fighting, its time tested approved 8)
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1210136)
Posted by trence5 on April 16th, 2011 @ 8:27pm CDT
I'm Telling you....

CATALYST is THE song of the whole series; I repeat listen to and read the lyrics; a song should fit the movie in sound and spirit as much as possible - but alas my words will fall on deaf ears
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1210143)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 16th, 2011 @ 8:55pm CDT
trence5 wrote:I'm Telling you....

Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1210150)
Posted by GetRightRobot on April 16th, 2011 @ 9:09pm CDT
Ok guys, I know Im coming into this a little late, but check it out:

Linking Park (originally Hybrid Theory but the name was taken) was formed when a hip hop group interviewed Chester Bennington thinkin he was a rapper. He wasn't. But it worked, so they went into a fusion style of music with the "Rapping over beats doesn't make you a pioneer, cause rock and hip hop have collaborated for years.." thing. Their most recent album is more alt. rock than hip hop because of the way they prepared the songs. Each member of the band made about 20 songs and they chose their favorites. Then each member of the band rerecorded the chosen songs and they picked what they liked best about each song. Not one of Mike Shinoda's versions made it to the album. The band voted and only included certain parts of his versions. Linkin Park is far less Hip Hop now, for proof, look up a band called Fort Minor. It's Mike Shinoda's side project and it is ALL Hip HOP> Then look up a band called Dead by Sunrise, which is Chester B's side project and it is ALL rock. Mike is the only Hip Hop influence in LP. The other members are rock musicians, which is evident by their personal takes on the tracks on A Thousand Suns.

Now, on topic. These are not "boy bands" in the MTV definition. Boy Bands are normally all vocals, no instruments and good looking. Chester looks like a heroin addict and Mike Shinoda is FAT now. Plus, they arent white boys trying to be Boyz to Men. Fact.

Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1210155)
Posted by SlyTF1 on April 16th, 2011 @ 9:14pm CDT
GetRightRobot wrote:I love that Linkin Park has become the sound of the Transformers movies. You might have guessed by now I'm also a huge LP fan. Combining one of my favorite groups with Transformers has been such a win for me! Hope that helps everyone make up there minds about this one.

This. Although, I'm not a HUGE fan, but still.
Re: Is Iridescent DOTM Linkin Park song? (1210548)
Posted by Pr1meSuspect on April 18th, 2011 @ 12:31am CDT
Glad to see Linkin Park is returning for the 3rd movie. Iridescent seems like a great choice for the new serious tone of the movie, and X, Linkin Park is not a boy band, they are far away from NSYNC and Backstreet Boys. The thought of boy band makes me laugh though :lol:

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #305 Cvr A Image Comics 0124IM258 305A (CA) Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #1 Vol 1 G1 Autobots Dreamwave Comics 2002 (CA) Lee"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON UNIVERSE 2024 SPECIAL #1 Cvr B Image Comics 0324IM167 1B (CA) De Felici"
ENERGON UNIVERSE 2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #12 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 AUG200537 12B (CA) Roche"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 MAY221566 3B (CA)Allison"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 1023IM389 3E (CA) Dragotta"
TRANSFORMERS #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #7 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0224IM318 7F Del Mundo"
TRANSFORMERS #7 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS TPB Vol 1 Image Comics 2024 0324IM203 (CA) Johnson + Spicer"
TRANSFORMERS TPB V ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #17 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010O"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TALES OF GI JOE #5 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Hall (W) Hama (A) Perlin 220721A"
TALES OF GI JOE #5 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #1 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926I"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #5 Cover RI-A IDW Comics 2020 NOV190608 5RIA (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE vs TRANSFORMERS #5 Cvr A Image Comics 2003 5A (CA) Miller 240607A"
NEW!
GI JOE vs TRANSFOR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #10 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 APR200705 10B (CA) Williams (A)Walter (W) Allor"
GI JOE #10 Cvr B I ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #354 - Identity Crisis