Is there life in Transformers #81?

Is there life in Transformers #81?

Wednesday, June 15th, 2011 12:48pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Rumors, People News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 59,476

Now this could be nothing, but Guido Guidi has updated his DeviantArt account with two pieces of art. Both are 80's comic style.
The first is a coloured sketch of G1 Megatron described as a test to try and emulate the 80's Marvel Transformers comic style.

The other is an image from All Hail Megatron coloured in the 80's style.

Now, this might be absolutely nothing, since Guido Guidi also does a lot of fan art, but then again it might have something to do with the petitioned Transformers #81.

Also, if you like this sign the petition!

Credit(s): Guido Guidi

This article was last modified on Wednesday, June 15th, 2011 12:54pm CDT

Re: Is there life in Transformers #81? (1240204)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on June 15th, 2011 @ 12:55pm CDT
I love it regardless, but let me be the first to say that while reconciling elements of different TF art styles is always admirable, if this is a continuation of Marvel G1 continuity, Megatron's eyes need to be yellow.
Re: Is there life in Transformers #81? (1240218)
Posted by TulioDude on June 15th, 2011 @ 1:11pm CDT
I love Guido Guidi art,he makes them look so cool and awesome.
Re: Is there life in Transformers #81? (1240237)
Posted by Blackstreak on June 15th, 2011 @ 1:48pm CDT
I'm leaning towards it being test shots to the continuation of the Marvel title. He does do an amazing job in art.
Re: Is there life in Transformers #81? (1240256)
Posted by craggy on June 15th, 2011 @ 2:28pm CDT
the colouring on that seekers pic makes me do a little sex wee.
Re: Is there life in Transformers #81? (1240275)
Posted by Cyberstrike on June 15th, 2011 @ 3:13pm CDT
Yawn
Re: Is there life in Transformers #81? (1240277)
Posted by NemesisMonkeySupreme on June 15th, 2011 @ 3:19pm CDT
I signed the petition not because I'm a huge fan of the original Marvel run, but because I'm all about diversity of the TF Universe and its ability to broaden the fanbase. Though it has a long way to go to meet IDW's requirement of 10,000 signatures…
Re: Is there life in Transformers #81? (1240297)
Posted by Chaoslock on June 15th, 2011 @ 3:59pm CDT

I hope if they make 81, the art style would be constant, not the clusterslag of the current ongoing.
Re: Is there life in Transformers #81? (1240311)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 15th, 2011 @ 4:19pm CDT
Chaoslock wrote:Is it me, or do the seekers look like they are modeled after the MPs? (piece on their shoulders look like it)

Yes they are, it's just a piece from AHM just coloured in the '80s style.
Re: Is there life in Transformers #81? (1240365)
Posted by partholon on June 15th, 2011 @ 5:45pm CDT
its a good job at emulating the style of the time but i have to say as someone thats already signed the petition.

if it does get the go ahead i DONT want it done in a retro style.

alot of the look back then came from artists used to doing humans/superhumans trying to figure out how to do transformers which are totally different. seriously how often did you see megs fusion cannon with a trigger on it !

the artists just didnt get it was a part of him and didn need one.

now we KNOW how to draw these guys and how they look and move so going back to the jose delbo frank springer stuff is a bad move in my book.

what i HOPE we get is andy wildmans new style evidenced on his last batch of covers for IDW.

that was a great mix of new and old.
Re: Is there life in Transformers #81? (1240485)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 15th, 2011 @ 10:01pm CDT
Retro! All right GG! Waaaaaaaaaay back, it wasn't the color or the paper(well, the paper stock did also help...baxter or mando type) it was the story content that mattered!
Re: Is there life in Transformers #81? (1240522)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on June 15th, 2011 @ 10:59pm CDT
I doubt it's for #81 but it's great looking art!
Re: Is there life in Transformers #81? (1240614)
Posted by NemesisMonkeySupreme on June 16th, 2011 @ 1:36am CDT
Of the two, the latter is the stronger piece. I hope it is the more likely choice: standard (modern) artistic style with "retro" colouring. Though why is there a need for any possible continuation to have to backslide to a "retro" look? Of course, I realise it's all speculation so far, but that would be like "Batman: Year One" deciding to forgo David Mazzucchelli's awesome art to go for a Bob Kane or Dick Sprang style… blech!

The Megatron headshot bugs me because of the human-esque neck and the bad shading on the nose that makes him look like Bert from Sesame Street.
Re: Is there life in Transformers #81? (1240703)
Posted by Oilspill on June 16th, 2011 @ 5:10am CDT
Very cool art, but the last thing I want is 80s style colouring in the current books. Please no!

But cool art if it was just done for funsies. :)
Re: Is there life in Transformers #81? (1240778)
Posted by Stormwolf on June 16th, 2011 @ 7:48am CDT
Nice pics, I'd love to see a oneshot someday made with classic techniques.
Re: Is there life in Transformers #81? (1241092)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 16th, 2011 @ 2:42pm CDT
Stormwolf wrote:Nice pics, I'd love to see a oneshot someday made with classic techniques.

Spotlight Nightbeat.

Also, while I think it's cool that he's doing this, I hope the actual book won't look like this, the bad art really drags down the until now unmatched story line.
Re: Is there life in Transformers #81? (1241120)
Posted by Stormwolf on June 16th, 2011 @ 3:28pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:

Spotlight Nightbeat.

The art style in that one was all over the place, still liked the story though.

And I agree, we should have more contemporary artwork if #81 ever gets made.
Re: Is there life in Transformers #81? (1244479)
Posted by Autobot-Hellstriker on June 21st, 2011 @ 9:25pm CDT
I'd be interested in a extended continuity. But i see a big flaw about the continuity. Most of the transformers inlcuding a dozen Autobots, all of the Dinobots, Optimus Prime and Megatron were all alive fueled by the Nucleon.

Nucleon is a fuel which gives them great strength and brings back the dead but they lose the ability to change between forms so how are they going to find a cure that lets them transform again.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Chomp & Chase Raceway w/ Morbot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fallen Leader Optimus Prime Monochrome Reaction Figure Super7 G1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Salvage Converting Toy, 4.5-Inch Figure, Toys" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Revenge Of The Fallen 2009 HASBRO MASK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Allspark Tech Autobot Sqweeks Cube Power Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Collector's Club 2010 Membership Autobot Dion Action Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Blitzwing TRANSFORMERS Studio Series 65 Bumblebee Movie toy figure jet plane" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Child's Costume with jumpsuit and mask " on EBAY