iTunes Preview for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot

iTunes Preview for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot

Thursday, June 1st, 2017 1:19pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 10,492

Courtesy of iTunes as usual, we have a three page preview of the upcoming one-shot from IDW Publishing in the trilogy of works by John Barber and Livio Ramondelli - Transformers: Salvation. Expect the book to be released in a couple of weeks, and in the meantime, check out the preview below!

Exiled from civilization, the Dinobots are the last line of defense against the ultimate Cybertronian dinosaur—Trypticon! But how much are the Dinobots willing to sacrifice for a world that hates them?

Transformers News: iTunes Preview for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot

Transformers News: iTunes Preview for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot

Transformers News: iTunes Preview for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot

Credit(s): iTunes

Re: iTunes Preview for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot (1885954)
Posted by Bounti76 on June 1st, 2017 @ 1:35pm CDT
I guess Trypticon thawed out....
Re: iTunes Preview for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot (1885963)
Posted by MrBlack on June 1st, 2017 @ 2:11pm CDT
This looks like fun.

It will be good to see the Dinobots again, as well as more of Bludgeon's long term plans (I assume he's behind Trypticon's resurrection). Livio's art works well for something like this.
Re: iTunes Preview for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot (1885967)
Posted by SG Roadbuster on June 1st, 2017 @ 2:20pm CDT
Re: iTunes Preview for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot (1885969)
Posted by Va'al on June 1st, 2017 @ 2:32pm CDT
SG Roadbuster wrote:sooooo books with amazing writing and coherent art like Till All are One get cancelled, but Ramondelli is still allowed to wipe his a%* with comic pages and call it "art"?

This is entirely unnecessary.
Re: iTunes Preview for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot (1885976)
Posted by Kurona on June 1st, 2017 @ 2:45pm CDT
But not so much here. I've ran out of descriptive words so I'll repeat myself by saying it feels three-dimensional in comparison to his previous works and it doesn't get in the way of my reading it. He's not my favourite artist but he's come a very long way since Chaos.
Re: iTunes Preview for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot (1886052)
Posted by Randomhero on June 1st, 2017 @ 7:31pm CDT
Kurona wrote:From this I feel Ramondelli's improved, actually. One of my bigger problems with his art - at least for a Transformers comic - is that everything felt rather flat. Characters and objects melded into the backgrounds and weren't distinguishable from each other; nothing popped or jumped out at you or made an effort to feel three-dimensional.

It's EXTREMELY flat. There's never much depth Livio's art and thank god he's actually playing with sunlight in the past year because for years it was just characters in darkness giving dull expressions. It's an excuse to not work with backgrounds. I imagine it's gotta do with him being a member of the fandom and for the past 6 years he's seen the harsh criticism and he worked on it. I'll say this, he is consistent and he does get better but the flaws are there. There not much depth and he has trouble with angles and story telling.
Re: iTunes Preview for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot (1886053)
Posted by Randomhero on June 1st, 2017 @ 7:34pm CDT
He needs to work on his light sources too. Literally in the bottom panel of page one sunlight is coming from above everyone while apparently coming from the bottom of strafe.
Re: iTunes Preview for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot (1886064)
Posted by ricemazter on June 1st, 2017 @ 8:12pm CDT
Va'al wrote:

This is entirely unnecessary.

Incredibly unnecessary. For the life of me I can't understand the Livio Ramondelli hate that constantly seeps out of this site. He's a talented artist that has room for improvement, sure, but there are many, many worse artists out there. "Cough" Pat Lee "Cough"

Furthermore, despite the flaws, he pulls double duty compared to a lot of other artists who work in teams, doing both the line art and colors. Plus he's improving. Between this and redemption, his line work is much more prominent. Combined more straight primary colors, everything is popping out much more, which is a definite step in the right direction.

Also, it's not as if this is supplanting any other book. This is a one shot. From my memory, all of his books so far have been one shots. Meanwhile, ongoing series have to consistently make their sales figures or they fold. So comparing anything Livio has done to the very unfortunate situation with TAAO is silly.
Re: iTunes Preview for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot (1886083)
Posted by Kurona on June 1st, 2017 @ 9:16pm CDT
ricemazter wrote:
Va'al wrote:

This is entirely unnecessary.

I totally agree that it is very unnecessary, and I do feel the hatred for Ramondelli goes a little too far - yeah his art's not great, but he is a human being that as far as I know has done nothing wrong - but as much as I love any bashing of Pat Lee, I'm not really fond of justifying something by saying "well there are worse things". If art is bad and/or unfitting, it's bad and/or unfitting. Comics are a visual medium so it can't be stated enough how important it is for the art to be good.
Re: iTunes Preview for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot (1886114)
Posted by Randomhero on June 1st, 2017 @ 10:19pm CDT
I commend him for continuing to draw. I'm not not a fan of livio but I do respect his resolve and him trying to improve. Artillio Rojo was shat on so bad not because his art was awful but because he wasn't Alex Milne. I know some people were not fans and didn't think his art was good but his story telling was solid and it was just his style but plenty of people were just mad he was on mtmte. Plenty of people complained and said "why can't they put him on Robots in disguise and stay off more than meet the eye?" Just like what is going on with jack Lawrence on lost light. The dude has excellent story telling abilities, his page layouts are great and facial expressions are solid but people are just tearing him apart because he is not Alex
Re: iTunes Preview for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot (1886115)
Posted by ScottyP on June 1st, 2017 @ 10:21pm CDT
That Trypticon page is glorious. I've always found these Dinobot stories to be a perfect match for Ramondelli's style. These and Syndromica are places where, to me, his work just shines.
Re: iTunes Preview for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot (1886117)
Posted by Nexus Knight on June 1st, 2017 @ 10:25pm CDT
I can't comment much as I prefer LL's artwork, but the shot of Trypticon breeding fire (ice?) into the sky is pretty. :x
Re: iTunes Preview for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot (1886421)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 2nd, 2017 @ 8:53pm CDT
I just came here to post in defense/praise of Ramondelli. It's taken me a long time to warm up to his art but this preview really shows how far he's come. I'm impressed! This will be a fun book, I hope it'll be part of a trade even if it's a one-shot.
Re: iTunes Preview for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot (1888273)
Posted by Kurona on June 9th, 2017 @ 1:17pm CDT
So... here's an interesting little thing.

A lot of early ex-RiD had focus on Devastator. Trypticon has been foreshadowed in not just the Dinobot comics but also Primacy and Monstrosity. One could argue the Titan Graveyard in early MTMTE provided was a set-up opportunity for Fort Max to go full titan, especially since he decided to stay there.

We can obviously assume IDW was told about the plans for Metroplex - and stuff relating to the Titans only really started showing up just prior to Dark Cybertron - but it is it very possible that beyond that IDW is much more privy to Hasbro's plans for Titan-class figures than they let on? Because there seems to be a lot of long-term planning going on here and IDW have mentioned in reference to Sentinel Prime in Titans Return working ahead with Hasbro to some degree to make things work. But the extent to which this long-term planning goes seems to be larger than I previously thought with all these Titan-class figures that need advertising all coincidentally having convenient opportunities set up for them and it's really starting to make me wonder if I should look a little bit more into Scorponok's appearance in Monstrosity and Omega Supreme still being repaired (which by the way, come on, seriously? He's been there for ages, how long can he stay on life support?)
Re: iTunes Preview for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot (1888457)
Posted by Va'al on June 10th, 2017 @ 4:18am CDT
The second of three expected previews for Transformers comics from IDW Publishing for next week sees the third instalment of the Dinobots' stories told by John Barber and Livio Ramondelli: Salvation. Featuring new Dinobot Strafe, the regular team, Trypticon, and a Bludgeon cover tease... check it out below, courtesy of Newsarama!

Transformers: Salvation
John Barber (w) • Livio Ramondelli (a & c)
FC • 48 pages • $7.99
Bullet points:
- Dinobots versus the biggest dino of them all—Trypticon!

Re: iTunes Preview for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot (1888462)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 10th, 2017 @ 4:50am CDT
Re: iTunes Preview for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot (1888464)
Posted by Va'al on June 10th, 2017 @ 5:03am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:There's Dinobot Strafe and Swoop in IDW now? Is that Strafe different from Technobot Strafe I thought was already in IDW?

It all happened in Redemption! Strafe starts out as a Camien with jet mode, then... things happen. Now she's a two-headed dragonsaur creature.

Technobot Strafe is somewhere in Lost Light background character Limbo right now.
Re: iTunes Preview for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot (1888465)
Posted by Bounti76 on June 10th, 2017 @ 5:05am CDT

Yep. Dinobot Strafe is from Caminus. She was in the previous book in this "series" and joined the Dinobots when Bludgeon mutated her into her beast form.

Re: iTunes Preview for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot (1888466)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 10th, 2017 @ 5:07am CDT
Va'al wrote:

Bounti76 wrote:

Dino-Strafe's a she? Ok. You can tell I really don't follow IDW. Tried many times (last attempt was probably Sins of the Wreckers which I felt was kinda lousy and I only jumped on that cos it had Carnivac but turned out I didn't really care for his depiction in that at all anyways)

So what happens if Dino-Strafe and Techno-Strafe meet? Can you have TF's with same name? I remember that classic battle of Swoop (who used to be called Divebomb) Vs Predacon Divebomb in the Marvel UK comics. Good times.
Re: iTunes Preview for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot (1888480)
Posted by Randomhero on June 10th, 2017 @ 6:55am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Va'al wrote:

Bounti76 wrote:

Probably the same thing as if you met someone who shared your name.

"Hey"

"Sup"

Honestly it's not that big of a thing like how simon firman depicted it over 25 years ago.

There's 2 prowls (G1 prowl and a Prowl that turned into a lion), 2 Rollers Optimus's drone and his friend Roller but one may have been named after the other. 2 strafes, 2 tankors(beast machines and G1 octane). 2 knockouts(Prime and the G2 micromaster). It's just one of those things. People share a name. MTMTE played it as a joke saying all the good names are taken.

Both tankors are actually best friends because they share the same name. Even got tattoos for it.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber & KFC Simba Signature Edition LE 499" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Series Action Figure: LG23 Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers -Combiner Wars- Optimus Maximus - Ironhide Prowl Mirage Sunstreaker" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Victory G1 Takara 1989 Complete C-324 STAR SABER Headmasters Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Offroad SEALED CW G1 Generations Menasor Stunticons" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Breakdown SEALED CW G1 Menasor Generations Stunticons" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Combiner Wars - Menasor - With Comics and Cards" on EBAY