iTunes Preview of IDW Scarlett's Strike Force #1

Transformers News: iTunes Preview of IDW Scarlett's Strike Force #1

Friday, December 15th, 2017 1:39PM CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 7,446

You may have been following the news accompanying the retitled GI Joe series in the current shared Hasbro Universe from IDW Publishing, and its early cancellation with issue three - you can read more about that story here, and we apologise for not covering it at the time, an official statement from IDW that will never fully come can be found in the CBR story by ways of Chris Ryall.

That said, Scarlett Strike Force #1 - the new title - does finally get a little touch of marketing, by ways of showing the usual first couple of pages on iTunes, the synopsis, and a cover - plus a fair amount of Skywarp that we were missing in the rest of the IDW Transformers titles. You can check it all out below, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub discussion boards, before the release of the book itself in a couple of weeks!

They’ve fought back invasions from home and afar—now, they’re back on Earth, and ready to take on the wildest, weirdest threats out there! It’s Scarlett’s G.I. Joe team, the Strike Force, against a brand-new Cobra Commander, a revitalized Cobra, and everyone else trying to conquer Earth… or destroy it! Aubrey Sitterson (G.I. Joe, Street Fighter x G.I. Joe) is joined by superstar artist Nelson Daniel (Clue, Dungeons & Dragons) in The Best Action Comic Ever!

Transformers News: iTunes Preview of IDW Scarlett's Strike Force #1

Transformers News: iTunes Preview of IDW Scarlett's Strike Force #1

Transformers News: iTunes Preview of IDW Scarlett's Strike Force #1
Credit(s): iTunes
Re: iTunes Preview of IDW Scarlett's Strike Force #1 (1926878)
Posted by Randomhero on December 15th, 2017 @ 3:24pm CST
I really hope Skywarp migrates over to Optimus Prime after issue three since it was canceled. We really need to have some kind confrontation and resolution with Thundercracker.
Re: iTunes Preview of IDW Scarlett's Strike Force #1 (1926879)
Posted by Daniel Adkins on December 15th, 2017 @ 3:25pm CST
Scarlett's Strike Force getting cancelled is an utter crime.
Re: iTunes Preview of IDW Scarlett's Strike Force #1 (1926885)
Posted by SG Roadbuster on December 15th, 2017 @ 4:34pm CST
good riddance.
Re: iTunes Preview of IDW Scarlett's Strike Force #1 (1926890)
Posted by Coptur on December 15th, 2017 @ 5:09pm CST
Yep goodbye to bad rubbish
Re: iTunes Preview of IDW Scarlett's Strike Force #1 (1926906)
Posted by Michael Alex Kawa on December 15th, 2017 @ 9:14pm CST
And all I can say is this, a lot of comic book writers are self-indulged morons, trust me I know, Larry Hama is one that comes to mind, he has been rude to his fans (me included), treating them like nothing more than "moronic fan boys", that should just shut up and kiss the ground that he walks on, yet no one questions him.....well I did and I got my a** served to me by Mr. Hama himself. Anyways my point is this is a stupid reason to cancel a series, but I expect nothing less from IDW since this is not the first time they made a stupid decision.
Re: iTunes Preview of IDW Scarlett's Strike Force #1 (1926943)
Posted by Coptur on December 16th, 2017 @ 4:13am CST
Michael I agree with on Larry Hama his writing style is dated and it's high time he left gijoe for some real fresh blood.
Re: iTunes Preview of IDW Scarlett's Strike Force #1 (1926946)
Posted by partholon on December 16th, 2017 @ 5:21am CST
I was under the impression they weren't even going to release this now as the story won't end.

I wouldn't be buying it anyway as I'm not a joe fan but I can't see how this won't piss off casual fans who've no idea it's truncated.

Seems unprofessional IMO.

I Feel sorry for the artist as that's alot of work on his part , but sitterson has no one to blame but himself for his situation
Re: iTunes Preview of IDW Scarlett's Strike Force #1 (1926953)
Posted by Randomhero on December 16th, 2017 @ 6:57am CST
Michael Alex Kawa wrote:I just read the whole controversy about writer Aubrey Sitterson, and why fans "Hate" him and all.

Their decision they said was due to low orders. That’s their statement whether you want to believe it or not but you weren’t part of the discussion or decision at IDW.
Re: iTunes Preview of IDW Scarlett's Strike Force #1 (1927209)
Posted by jogunwarrior on December 18th, 2017 @ 1:04pm CST
Randomhero wrote:

I'm sure the low orders had quite a bit to do with. Many Joe fans I know were extremely vocal in their boycotting the IDW titles until the writer was removed/fired.
Re: iTunes Preview of IDW Scarlett's Strike Force #1 (1927275)
Posted by Va'al on December 19th, 2017 @ 2:32am CST
We have a number of new comics previews for you this week, from all across the IDW Hasbro Universe. And we're starting with the first issue of the new combined series, that also takes place after the Revolution and First Strike events, featuring two franchises for the price of one - Rom & The Micronauts #1!

This first issue sets the ground for the collaboration and wider stage of the cosmic battles - but very much set on Earth so far - of the Solstar order and the Micronauts, facing the triple threat of Dire Wraiths, The Absence, and Baron Karza. Check it out below, and let us know if you'll branch out with this new series!

[quote]Rom & The Micronauts #1
Christos Gage (w) • Paolo Villanelli (a) • Richard Wentworth (c)
Baron Karza and D’rge, the Dire Wraith sorcerer, have joined forces to carry forward their equally malignant goals—Karza desires to conquer all of Microspace (again), while the Wraiths seek to awaken their Wraith God and conquer Earth! Now it’s up to Rom and the Micronauts to form their own alliance in order to stop the evil domination of two worlds! Christos Gage (Amazing Spider-Man, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and Paolo Villanelli (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story) team up to bring us this all-new adventure!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
An all-new Hasbro team-up event featuring your favorite Solstar Knight and the tiniest heroes around!
Written and illustrated by fan-favorite creators—writer Christos Gage and artist Paolo Villanelli!
Variant covers by Jeffrey Veregge, and Guy Dorian & Sal Buscema![/quote]

Re: iTunes Preview of IDW Scarlett's Strike Force #1 (1927799)
Posted by Va'al on December 23rd, 2017 @ 7:32am CST
Coming at us from previous source of comics news Adventures in Poor Taste!, we have a full preview of the first of three issues of the shortly lived series that will be the continuation of GI Joe in the post-First Strike Hasbro Universe from IDW Publishing - Scarlett's Strike Force #1!

You can check out full synopsis, pages, cover and more below, including the significant sass that belongs all the Skywarp (who else) and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub discussion boards.

[quote]Scarlett’s Strike Force #1
Aubrey Sitterson (w) • Nelson Daniel (a & c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
Featuring all-stars of the Hasbro line as M.A.S.K.: Mobile Armored Strike Kommand and the Transformers join G.I. Joe in the fight against Cobra! [/quote]

Re: iTunes Preview of IDW Scarlett's Strike Force #1 (1927807)
Posted by TulioDude on December 23rd, 2017 @ 8:34am CST
Is Thundercracker the same size as the humans in those pages?
Re: iTunes Preview of IDW Scarlett's Strike Force #1 (1927808)
Posted by avarathriul on December 23rd, 2017 @ 8:36am CST
looks fun, too bad it is only three issues
Re: iTunes Preview of IDW Scarlett's Strike Force #1 (1927812)
Posted by 1984forever on December 23rd, 2017 @ 9:10am CST
Yeah, Scioli proved that this can work. I won’t be picking it up beacause-

1) it’s called Scarlett’s strike force instead of G.I. Joe

2) It’s got a small “superhero comic book” type cast. I don’t like reading about the same group of characters issue after issue unless it’s an actual superhero team, like Justice League or Fantastic Four.
Re: iTunes Preview of IDW Scarlett's Strike Force #1 (1927813)
Posted by jaws on December 23rd, 2017 @ 9:13am CST
Who drew this shit?
Re: iTunes Preview of IDW Scarlett's Strike Force #1 (1927909)
Posted by transformers_va on December 23rd, 2017 @ 9:11pm CST
TulioDude wrote:Is Thundercracker the same size as the humans in those pages?

That's Skywarp, not Thundercracker, but yes Skywarp is the same size as the humans due to Spectrum's ray.
Re: iTunes Preview of IDW Scarlett's Strike Force #1 (1927933)
Posted by Nexus Knight on December 24th, 2017 @ 12:36am CST
avarathriul wrote:looks fun, too bad it is only three issues

What do you mean? It's supposed to be an eight issue mini- Oh. Ohhhh. God dang you, Sitterson. :BANG_HEAD: RIP GI Joe/M.A.S.K.
Re: iTunes Preview of IDW Scarlett's Strike Force #1 (1927955)
Posted by ricemazter on December 24th, 2017 @ 7:40am CST
Nexus Knight wrote:
avarathriul wrote:looks fun, too bad it is only three issues

It really is too bad. I had absolutely no interest in GI Joe until I picked up the first strike crossover issues, and realized how insanely fun it was compared to the other recent IDW titles.

For people who know, has all the GI Joe stuff been this great since the relaunch? If so, it's criminal what's happening to this book.
Re: iTunes Preview of IDW Scarlett's Strike Force #1 (1930555)
Posted by Va'al on January 9th, 2018 @ 2:28am CST
Out this week from IDW Publishing is a collected trade paperback from the Hasbro Universe comics - the second volume of the reinvention of the Mobile Armor Strike Kommand: MASK volume 2 - The Rise of V.E.N.O.M.! The adventures of the team are currently merged in the continuation of the GI Joe story after the First Strike event, in Scarlett's Strike Force, so we have no idea what will happen to either group once the latter reaches issue #3 - but in the meantime, you can find out more about the book in our database entry, and check out a preview for the opening pages below!

[quote]M.A.S.K.: Mobile Armored Strike Kommand, Vol. 2: Rise of V.E.N.O.M.
Brandon Easton, David Rodriguez (w) • Juan Samu, Drew Moss, Andrew Griffith (a) • Marcelo Perez Dalannays (c)
M.A.S.K. is a team of heroes that streaks into the dangerous, unstable landscape of dark wars, high intrigue, and non-stop action where they'll encounter the nearly unstoppable threat of Miles Mayhem and his black ops squadron known as V.E.N.O.M.

THE ORIGIN OF V.E.N.O.M.! As the M.A.S.K. team constructs a new headquarters in Miami, Matt Trakker goes on a solo mission to identify new recruits. Along the way, Trakker crosses paths with Dr. Mindbender, who instructs him on the art of leadership and manipulation. But Trakker quickly uncovers Mindbender's twisted goals and learns the true history of his former teammates who became members of V.E.N.O.M. Collects issues #6–10 and the 2017 Annual.
TPB • FC • $19.99 • 144 pages • ISBN: 978-1-68405-048-2

Bullet points:
Winner of two 2017 Glyph Awards: Best Male Character and Fan Award For Best Work!
Advance solicited for January release! [/quote]

Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

You save: 54%
You save: 34%
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
You save: 22%
You save: 22%
You save: 21%
Buy "Playskool Mr. Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Starscream Robot, 2-Inch" on AMAZON
You save: 20%