Jack Lawrence / Joana Lafuente Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #25

Transformers News: Jack Lawrence / Joana Lafuente Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #25

Friday, October 5th, 2018 10:44AM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 13,058

Via the official page of the Previews World website, we have one of the many variants due with the last issue of IDW Publishing's Transformers: Lost Light ongoing series - allegedly out at the end of October - by main artist on the series Jack Lawrence, and colours by someone clearly not important enough to include in the solicitations (regular Joana Lafuente is the guess).

Check out below the cast ensemble for one final curtain call, in 'How to Say Goodbye and Mean It, pt II', and join us in the discussion until the book's release!

(W) James Roberts (A/CA) Jack Lawrence
MORE THAN MET THE EYE. The quest is over, the dust has settled, and everything has changed-forever. But before the fond farewells, before the parting of ways, before the unkept promises to stay in touch, there's time-surely, there's time-for one last drink...

Extra-long final issue! Tying together and putting a bow on stories from the last 13 years!
The final fate of the whole Lost Light crew revealed!
From the Death of Optimus Prime to now: 85 issues of the Lost Light cast!
In Shops: Oct 31, 2018
Final Orders Due: Oct 08, 2018

Credit(s): Previews World

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Jack Lawrence / Joana Lafuente Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #25 (1987829)
Posted by avarathriul on October 5th, 2018 @ 11:20am CDT
this cover is breaking what little i had left of a heart :rodimusstar:
Re: Jack Lawrence / Joana Lafuente Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #25 (1987874)
Posted by Z3ROhour on October 5th, 2018 @ 6:08pm CDT
Big Grim wrote:
Z3ROhour wrote:does anyone
other than me
think it would be awesome

Nope. The redemptive arc of Megatron has been entirely enjoyable.

That cover. Absolutely awesome!

i truly

the tarnish
and Inermost Energon
& BLOOD
that this MONSTER
has splashed,
knelt in
and ground his heals upon
in his 4 million year
"misunderstanding"

he is simply
UNREDEEMABLE.
period.

i wish it were not so.

but the quest being concluded
its time to face the music
GUILTY AS CHARGED.

sorry.
Re: Jack Lawrence / Joana Lafuente Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #25 (1987875)
Posted by Z3ROhour on October 5th, 2018 @ 6:11pm CDT
Va'al wrote:

no Megatron

:-?
Re: Jack Lawrence / Joana Lafuente Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #25 (1987876)
Posted by Z3ROhour on October 5th, 2018 @ 6:16pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
Z3ROhour wrote:does anyone
other than me
think it would be awesome
if
in this final issue
someone
anyone
Tailgate or Swerve, maybe
:PRAY:
puts a blaster behind Megatron's auditory receptor and blows his brains out?

i mean
he still deserves to be punished
for the billions of deaths
and countless suffering
he was
and is
directly
and indirectly
STILL responsible for!

right?

soooo....
wats up widdat?

:-? :???:

Punish death with death... >:oP nothing would change, an eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind

then face the darkness
with head held high,
strength of the Spark,
back unbent
and
conviction of morals
and
justice.

Some crimes are beyond flimsy philosophy.
Re: Jack Lawrence / Joana Lafuente Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #25 (1987879)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 5th, 2018 @ 6:48pm CDT
Re: Jack Lawrence / Joana Lafuente Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #25 (1987882)
Posted by Z3ROhour on October 5th, 2018 @ 6:56pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:How would his executioners be any different then him? There's supposed to be a difference between Autobot and cons (though IDW have shown that to be murkier) thus Autobot justice would have execution off the table. If you read the other IDW titles then it suggests that Prime may have charges of his own to answer for, look at Sins of the Wreckers for example where its revealed that Prowl bombed nonaligned areas to boost Autobot recruitment.

that should be dealt with as well b4 IDW concludes.

i bet Prowl sacrifices himself against Unicron
or somesuch
Re: Jack Lawrence / Joana Lafuente Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #25 (1987912)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on October 5th, 2018 @ 11:09pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
Z3ROhour wrote:does anyone
other than me
think it would be awesome
if
in this final issue
someone
anyone
Tailgate or Swerve, maybe
:PRAY:
puts a blaster behind Megatron's auditory receptor and blows his brains out?

i mean
he still deserves to be punished
for the billions of deaths
and countless suffering
he was
and is
directly
and indirectly
STILL responsible for!

right?

soooo....
wats up widdat?

:-? :???:

I mean yeah, you’re right, that’s the Autobot way, but this is Megatron. I mean like he said, I’m also a fan of the redemption arc, but that doesn’t change how things are.

Would we have treated Hitler like his if he suddenly seemed to change his ways last minute, post-war? Some deserve to be put to death.
Re: Jack Lawrence / Joana Lafuente Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #25 (1987918)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 6th, 2018 @ 2:17am CDT
Hitler I would have put on trial, and then locked him away for the rest of his life. Autobot Megatron is too good an idea not to pass up, it needs to be written about. If they didn't do it, then he would never have been captured and he would never have been developed as a character. There is other points as well, Hitler wasn't afraid of death, he was afraid of being captured and being forced to answer for his crimes. Megs did answer, and if I remember correctly, it was Prime that inspired him to look for the loophole (again a writer's hook to allow him to disappear from the main storyline involving the colonies and unicron). At first megs would have been content with being locked away.

There is also the risk of making a martyr, especially if killing is against your own beliefs, as then you become a hypocrite and who listens to them? In closing, Megatron didn't deserve death. That is not justice, and that is not how you defeat a political movement.
Re: Jack Lawrence / Joana Lafuente Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #25 (1987944)
Posted by Flashwave on October 6th, 2018 @ 8:47am CDT
Alright, everyone else on that cover save Whirl is either an outright couple, ot one they have hinted around without exploring.

The heck is going on with Rodimus and Minimus? No. No non no no NO. There's nothing there and doesnt need to be anything there.
Re: Jack Lawrence / Joana Lafuente Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #25 (1987947)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 6th, 2018 @ 9:14am CDT
Wouldn't nautica be with skids though?
Re: Jack Lawrence / Joana Lafuente Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #25 (1987961)
Posted by Flashwave on October 6th, 2018 @ 12:46pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Wouldn't nautica be with skids though?

Maybe, but go back to MTMTE 40 when Brainstorm is on trial. Nautica feels beyond bettayed (implied by her mangled Sonic Wrench and then outright said to Ratchet) and there is a moment where Brainstrom looks where she was in the Jury box with a looks of remorse and regret. Skids May have been a "first love" but that ended when Skids ended.
Re: Jack Lawrence / Joana Lafuente Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #25 (1987966)
Posted by Shockwave 8 on October 6th, 2018 @ 2:11pm CDT
First of all, I'd just like to say how much of a fantastic/soul-crushing touch it is that Swerve is holding Rung's glasses. It's a nice way to include him in spirit.

My only problems with this cover have already been mentioned:
Z3ROhour wrote:no Megatron :-?

Flashwave wrote:The heck is going on with Rodimus and Minimus? No. No no no no NO. There's nothing there and doesn't need to be anything there.

Seriously, why did Lawrence have to draw them like that? Nothing about that makes sense... :???:

Anyway, this is still a great cover, though it doesn't hold a candle to Milne's, in my opinion.
Re: Jack Lawrence / Joana Lafuente Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #25 (1988023)
Posted by Flashwave on October 6th, 2018 @ 10:37pm CDT

I dunno, I am not crazy on that Drift/Ratchet ship. I mean, I get it, I see what they are buikding off, its there in MTMTE 40 When Ratchet says to 10 something something "I don't think some of us realized how much", but I always took Ratchet and Drift's dynamic to be more of a friendship built on healthy debate than one of actual Shipping, and to me adding that in undermines their relationship by making it somethung else. Plus I am not a fan of evwryone being in love with everyone offoce romance thing. Afew is okay; everyone?!!! that gets excessive.
Re: Jack Lawrence / Joana Lafuente Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #25 (1988037)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 7th, 2018 @ 4:30am CDT
Sometimes a cover is just a cover ;-)
Re: Jack Lawrence / Joana Lafuente Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #25 (1988146)
Posted by ScottyP on October 8th, 2018 @ 8:43am CDT
Flashwave wrote:I just realized the boquet Ratchwt ia holding are the Energon flowers from Necroworld.

Roche helped put it in perspective when talking about MTMTE Revolution. About Crankcase and Cons4Eva, and I'm paraphrasing, "they were going to just be friends meeting up but it ended up being a blind date because they're never just friends with James Roberts."

I think it has only been truly prevalent in about four cases: Rechrome, Cygate, Lugnode, and Dratchet. That's probably not as many as it could have been. I do think fans ship too many examples too quickly though.
Re: Jack Lawrence / Joana Lafuente Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #25 (1988785)
Posted by william-james88 on October 11th, 2018 @ 10:05pm CDT

But man, I get all those feels again. Like at the end when we see Fort Max with all the roboids.I remember having been devastated at first since it reminded me of those chimeras in Full Metal Alchemist (I am still not over that) and how just happy I was with that happy ending.

Oh that reminds me a question, was Dominus a roboid?
Re: Jack Lawrence / Joana Lafuente Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #25 (1988791)
Posted by Flashwave on October 11th, 2018 @ 10:53pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:I have been rereading MTMTE now that we know where its all headed and to see the clues left along the way. And man, some of these issues are truly amazing. I was rereading the one with the focus on the scavengers when they face off against Fort Max and it ends with Adaptus' followers destroying a project and restarting from scratch. Did that pan out to anything? Did we ever know what those experiments were?
The Infinites

william-james88 wrote:
Oh that reminds me a question, was Dominus a roboid?

Only by literal Definition. Dominus and the Roboids were both forcibly trapped in Beast Modes basically as torture, but he was not a part of the Roboids, which were intended to be sold as pets to be abused by species who had been "wronged" by Cybertronian conflict. Dominus was tortured and kept around by the DJD for their own amusement
Re: Jack Lawrence / Joana Lafuente Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #25 (1988807)
Posted by Sagitta on October 12th, 2018 @ 12:42am CDT
As far as Megatron is concerned...

...would think what we saw within the Functionist Universe is exactly what would have happened if Megatron hadn't began the war or if he just plain wasn't allowed to be "born". And if the Functionists had been permitted to carry out -all- their plans the entire story would have been messier & shorter.

Of course, no one would be able to honestly second-guess what would or would not hae happened either. It's much like asking if there were a way to kill "insert-name-of-any-tyrant-here" pre-birth or infancy would that be moral. The answer would be "no" since it's folly to try and predetermine what's unknowable. And and can't play judge, jury, & executioner when there's yet to be a committed.

Rewind thought he was doing the universe a service when he effectively killed Megatron in the "Elegant Chaos" arc. However all -that- did was allow a window to form to what could/would have been as a alternate reality as to -what- did happen. He learned with no war to stop them the Functionists merely expanded their ideology "outward".

Not saying actions don't have consequences. Just because Megatron finds his moral footing and helps save how many lives doesn't mean they replace those that were lost by his direct, or indirect, hand.

Still, considering the matter if the false-Primus had its way Megatron's aid should factor in somewhere in the final verdict.
Re: Jack Lawrence / Joana Lafuente Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #25 (1988808)
Posted by Sagitta on October 12th, 2018 @ 12:53am CDT

Would be awful embarrassing if the end was written like a Shakespearian play. While Transformers comics in the past have certainly played out "everybody all dies" ad nauseam we really don't need the other end of the spectrum: "everybody gets married". :oops:

Especially in a series which began way back in "Infiltration", followed by the "Ongoing" series, neither of which indicated romance. There would be at least an explanation for it if there had been some introduction way back when the Cybertonian colonies were first referenced. But...nadda.

Roberts was good with keeping consistencies. On this topic...can't see it.
Re: Jack Lawrence / Joana Lafuente Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #25 (1989298)
Posted by william-james88 on October 15th, 2018 @ 2:03pm CDT
Flashwave wrote:
The Infinites

william-james88 wrote:
Oh that reminds me a question, was Dominus a roboid?

Yeah, thats what i meant. Not a literal Roboid but went through the same stuff. Reading it all again I see Roberts planted a bunch of stuff and I felt this was one of them. Letting us know that this procedure existed and it had been done to Dominus.

Speaking of the DJD, I was rereading the bit where we finally learn of Skid's backstory with Tarn. One thing picked up that I did not pick up the first time is that (and you will correct me if I am wrong) Chromedome does put an end to the mnemosurgery before Skids remembers that he contributed to the death of all those autobots. Its a bit confusing since every flashback was a memory Skids was having that we were seeing, but those last few pages are instead just a scene of the past and not a memory. So Skids still does not know what he did, right?

Also, what are the infinites again, I dont know why I am drawing such a blank over all this.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #209 - Under Siege
"Under Siege"
Posted: Sunday, October 7th, 2018

Buy "Transformers BotCon 2015 Waruder Paralyzer Buzzer MIB MISB new sealed white tfcc" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotCon 2015 Waruder Storm Rider Crusher MIB MISB new red blue tfcc" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars 1996 Basic Class Optimus Primal Bat body for parts" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS POSTER : DECEPTICONS G1 27" x 39.5" SUPER RARE! Pat Lee Dreamwave" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS POSTER : AUTOBOTS G1 27" x 39.5" SUPER RARE! Pat Lee Dreamwave" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 #1 Volume 1 AUTOBOTS (1st Print) Dreamwave Signed by PAT LEE!" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 3 POSTER SET! STARSREAM, SOUNDWAVE & DINOBOTS! Deamwave Pat Lee!" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 #1 Volume 1 (1st Print) DECEPTICONS Comic Signed by PAT LEE!" on EBAY