James Raiz and Kieran Oats Transformers / G.I. Joe Heroes TFCon Print Revealed

James Raiz and Kieran Oats Transformers / G.I. Joe Heroes TFCon Print Revealed

Thursday, July 2nd, 2015 5:52am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Event News, People News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 36,675

When we first joined forces with artist James Raiz to help him produce a print (nay, two) for TFCon, we did not know what was in store for fans of both Transformers and G.I. Joe! We voted on the characters, started seeing what was to come... and now, finally, we get a proper look at the final result for the Autobots/Joes print, coloured by Kieran Oats!

If you took part in the voting process, look out for your screen name to feature in the video below, too, and feast your optics on this great homage to the movieverse by an true industry talent.

Transformers News: James Raiz Transformers/G.I. Joe TFCon Print Revealed

To see some more WIP videos, take a look below or the links above. And don't forget to cast your preferences for the Decepticon/Cobra piece right here, in the Energon Pub! Today is the last day for voting for the Villains piece and James will be drawing the piece live at Montreal Comicon starting tomorrow - the full color piece will debut at TFCon Toronto directly.

Credit(s): Box Office Artist

This article was last modified on Thursday, July 2nd, 2015 5:53am CDT

Re: James Raiz and Kieran Oats Transformers / G.I. Joe Heroes TFCon Print Revealed (1705357)
Posted by jamesraiz on July 2nd, 2015 @ 6:57am CDT
Thank you Va'al and thanks to all of you for helping us put this together!
Yes please, get in your votes today, because I will be starting tomorrow!

And if you have time, please do subscribe to my YouTube Channel:

And follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Vine @boxofficeartist !

SO GET THOSE VOTES IN NOW!

Talk to you soon!
James
Re: James Raiz and Kieran Oats Transformers / G.I. Joe Heroes TFCon Print Revealed (1705366)
Posted by dragons on July 2nd, 2015 @ 7:15am CDT
Thank you can't wait see cobra version hope you are right there will be crossover movie with Gijoe and transformers masterpiece
Re: James Raiz and Kieran Oats Transformers / G.I. Joe Heroes TFCon Print Revealed (1705395)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 2nd, 2015 @ 8:34am CDT
That is gorgeous. Great job man! no, Excellent Job!! :BOT:
Re: James Raiz and Kieran Oats Transformers / G.I. Joe Heroes TFCon Print Revealed (1705397)
Posted by ScottyP on July 2nd, 2015 @ 8:37am CDT
Firefly and Barricade
Re: James Raiz and Kieran Oats Transformers / G.I. Joe Heroes TFCon Print Revealed (1705452)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on July 2nd, 2015 @ 9:33am CDT
Mr. Raiz, thank you for the awesome art piece and for being an awesome guy!

For the villains, piece, I will cast my vote for: Rise of Cobra Zartan and Dark of the Moon Soundwave.
Re: James Raiz and Kieran Oats Transformers / G.I. Joe Heroes TFCon Print Revealed (1705454)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 2nd, 2015 @ 9:36am CDT
OK question here cause I was reading this from the beginning: Wasn't Sentinel Prime supposed to be there instead of Grimlock? Just curious. I hate Sentinel and love Grim so I'm not complaining either :BOT:
Re: James Raiz and Kieran Oats Transformers / G.I. Joe Heroes TFCon Print Revealed (1705469)
Posted by jamesraiz on July 2nd, 2015 @ 9:55am CDT

I forgot who pointed it out, but it was a great point - Sentinel Prime turns out to be a bad guy later on - so it didn't make sense for him to be on the Heroes side.

though now thinking about it with that logic, makes no sense for Storm Shadow to be on the villains side too... ah well...

But as for Grimlock, I put him in because Scorn was voted in, didn't make sense for Scorn to be there by himself - Grimlock's got to go in :)

Hope that clears it up :)
Re: James Raiz and Kieran Oats Transformers / G.I. Joe Heroes TFCon Print Revealed (1705470)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 2nd, 2015 @ 9:58am CDT
jamesraiz wrote:Yes, originally I explained it in the video, but it went on way to long, so I cut it out.

Hope that clears it up :)

Ah yes, that makes sense. Thank you tons! :D :BOT:
Re: James Raiz and Kieran Oats Transformers / G.I. Joe Heroes TFCon Print Revealed (1705545)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on July 2nd, 2015 @ 12:26pm CDT
Words cannot describe how awesome that drawing is. I'm completely convinced that we need a Transformers - G.I. Joe crossover film now! xD

(Also, thanks for the shoutout in the video, it was much appreciated!)
Re: James Raiz and Kieran Oats Transformers / G.I. Joe Heroes TFCon Print Revealed (1705547)
Posted by Optimusprime809 on July 2nd, 2015 @ 12:29pm CDT

COBRA
Cobra Commander
The Baroness
Storm Shadow
Zartan
Firefly
Re: James Raiz and Kieran Oats Transformers / G.I. Joe Heroes TFCon Print Revealed (1706407)
Posted by william-james88 on July 5th, 2015 @ 5:47pm CDT
James Raiz is a really cool dude. How do I know? Well, he as at the Monteal Comiccon today and Seibertron.com (in the form of yours truly) met up with him for an update on his TFcon exclusive prints. The previously revealed Transformers/G1 Joe print will actually have an accompanying piece. He was actually working on that piece when we met up and below you will find some of the work in progress. This will be a villain based cover to counter the previous heroe filled one (which can be found below). At the time, he was working on Megatron and Brawl.

Exclusive Hero Print:

You can follow James Raiz on his youtube right here where you can see his work from sketch to finished piece.
Re: James Raiz and Kieran Oats Transformers / G.I. Joe Heroes TFCon Print Revealed (1706466)
Posted by Down_Shift on July 5th, 2015 @ 7:51pm CDT
Someone misspelled TFcon on the front page...
Re: James Raiz and Kieran Oats Transformers / G.I. Joe Heroes TFCon Print Revealed (1706508)
Posted by Seibertron on July 5th, 2015 @ 11:24pm CDT
Down_Shift wrote:Someone misspelled TFcon on the front page...

Thanks Ryan! TFcon has been corrected in the article. Hope all is well! Great seeing you at BotCon!

Re: James Raiz and Kieran Oats Transformers / G.I. Joe Heroes TFCon Print Revealed (1706649)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 6th, 2015 @ 10:58am CDT
Keep up the good work, James. Your art is awesome. :)
Re: James Raiz and Kieran Oats Transformers / G.I. Joe Heroes TFCon Print Revealed (1710595)
Posted by Va'al on July 17th, 2015 @ 3:50pm CDT
The latest update from our friend James Raiz, artist for the Transformers comics at multiple points in their publication history, includes the full reveal of the second TFcon piece featuring G.I. Joe and Transformers comics from the live-action movies! You'll remember the Autobot and Joes piece (but check it out here if you don't) - now we have the Decepticon and Cobra counterpart print as selected by Seibertron.com users, also coloured by Kieran Oats, and both of which will be available this weekend at the Toronto convention!

Re: James Raiz and Kieran Oats Transformers / G.I. Joe Heroes TFCon Print Revealed (1710600)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on July 17th, 2015 @ 4:12pm CDT
That looks fantastic! I'm glad Brawl made it in there. Nice work!
Re: James Raiz and Kieran Oats Transformers / G.I. Joe Heroes TFCon Print Revealed (1710667)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on July 18th, 2015 @ 12:10am CDT
Awesome! Bad Guys Forever!

I'm kinda sad Zartan didn't make it into the print; but all of the emotion that is visible on Firefly's face, even behind his balaclava, is sooooo coooool. Excellent work as always, Mr. Raiz! Thank you!
Re: James Raiz and Kieran Oats Transformers / G.I. Joe Heroes TFCon Print Revealed (1710674)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 18th, 2015 @ 1:14am CDT
Awesome work. :)
Re: James Raiz and Kieran Oats Transformers / G.I. Joe Heroes TFCon Print Revealed (1710691)
Posted by Michael Alex Kawa on July 18th, 2015 @ 2:39am CDT
Very Awesome ;)^
I love both images,and it is so awesome seeing some of the guys I picked. Out of the two pics, I don't know which one I like more, they are both so fantastic.
Re: James Raiz and Kieran Oats Transformers / G.I. Joe Heroes TFCon Print Revealed (1711282)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 19th, 2015 @ 4:52pm CDT
Great job with both Prints!! Very good work! :BOT:

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer 2016 & Snowplow 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots High Tide Rescue Rig Boat Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Fall Of Cybertron Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Academy Salvage Converting Toy, 4.5-In" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Power Charge Bumblebee VOLKSWAGEN VW BUG" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects - SDCC Exclusive Transformers 8" Dead Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Bumblebee: Cyberverse Adventures - Deluxe Class Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Lot Optimus Bumblebee Ironhide Skidz And More" on EBAY