James Raiz Draws Transformers / G.I. Joe - WIP Video: Optimus Prime

James Raiz Draws Transformers / G.I. Joe - WIP Video: Optimus Prime

Monday, June 15th, 2015 9:32am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Event News, People News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 23,863

Remember when IDW artist James Raiz joined forces with Seibertron.com to figure out who should feature in his TFCon debuting print? We asked who you would like to see from the live-action movieverse for both G.I.Joe and Transformers - and James went and drew pretty much all the nominations!

If you haven't been following his progress in the Energon Pub thread (which you should) check out this working process video he shared with us - and be ready to be amazed. And keep your optics tuned for the next round featuring Decepticons and Cobra characters soon!

Credit(s): James Raiz

Re: James Raiz Draws Transformers / G.I. Joe - WIP Video: Optimus Prime (1698673)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on June 15th, 2015 @ 10:41am CDT
Hooooooly scrap.

That is AWESOME! Nice job dude!

(Thanks for putting DOTM 'Bee in there by the way xD)
Re: James Raiz Draws Transformers / G.I. Joe - WIP Video: Optimus Prime (1698676)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 15th, 2015 @ 10:45am CDT
Cannot wait till we get some Joes and some colors in there. This thing is really coming together beautifully! :BOT:
Re: James Raiz Draws Transformers / G.I. Joe - WIP Video: Optimus Prime (1698702)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 15th, 2015 @ 11:39am CDT
Beautifully done. :)
Re: James Raiz Draws Transformers / G.I. Joe - WIP Video: Optimus Prime (1699028)
Posted by Va'al on June 16th, 2015 @ 2:56am CDT
Hot on the heels of his Optimus Prime spotlight video for the TFCon Transformers/G.I. Joe print, artist James Raiz has opened up the second round of nominations for the Decepticon/Cobra sibling piece!

Much like the first round, you get to choose one Decepticon and one Cobra character from the list below (if you think that someone is missing let us know!), and James will then take the final nominations and include them in a print - but hear it from him:

DECEPTICONS:

The Baroness
Storm Shadow
Zartan
Doctor Mindbender
Firefly
Zandar
Re: James Raiz Draws Transformers / G.I. Joe - WIP Video: Optimus Prime (1699029)
Posted by Va'al on June 16th, 2015 @ 2:57am CDT
Nominations post. All votes are counted here!

Decepticons

Cobra
Destro ||
Baroness ||||
Cobra Commander ||
Zartan |
Firefly |
Re: James Raiz Draws Transformers / G.I. Joe - WIP Video: Optimus Prime (1699035)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on June 16th, 2015 @ 3:37am CDT
I know nothing about GI Joe, so I'm just going to not vote on that so the people with opinions can. That said, I would love to see Brawl on the piece. He was one of my favorite Con designs from the first movie. :CON:
Re: James Raiz Draws Transformers / G.I. Joe - WIP Video: Optimus Prime (1699039)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 16th, 2015 @ 4:02am CDT
Lockdown for sure. He was cool!
Barricade (is there any difference between first movie and DotM Barry?) with Frenzy.
Need a Megatron, I'll go with DotM cos I like his truck mode, his body design and the cloak and chains.
Got to have Starscream. again not sure what difference is between RotF and DotM versions but one of those cos I like 'tattoos'.
Soundwave (DotM looks best to me) with Ravage and Laserbeak.
Shockwave just cos.
Maybe Stinger just to annoy Bumblebee. :P
Re: James Raiz Draws Transformers / G.I. Joe - WIP Video: Optimus Prime (1699047)
Posted by Michael Alex Kawa on June 16th, 2015 @ 4:40am CDT
First off I have to say that the art so far is looking AWESOME!!!!! :grin:

Now for my choices for Cobra and the Decepticons.
For Cobra I pick - Destro :COBRA:
and for the Cons I choose Barricade :CON: ( I would say with Frenzy :CON:, but I can only choose one).
Bonecrusher would be awesome too, but if I had to pick one it would be Barricade.
You do have someone missing, I can't stand her, and I can't believe I am even bringing her up, but from ROTF there was Alice, she was a Decepticon......I guess.

Well like I said the art is already looking awesome and I can't wait to see the finished product.
Re: James Raiz Draws Transformers / G.I. Joe - WIP Video: Optimus Prime (1699058)
Posted by shajaki on June 16th, 2015 @ 6:57am CDT
Easy. Starscream (any) and Baroness.
Re: James Raiz Draws Transformers / G.I. Joe - WIP Video: Optimus Prime (1699059)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 16th, 2015 @ 7:38am CDT
Bonecrusher. Plain and simple. That was a good looking and mean con!
Destro for sure for the Cobras.
:BOT:
Re: James Raiz Draws Transformers / G.I. Joe - WIP Video: Optimus Prime (1699067)
Posted by Alpha Dominus on June 16th, 2015 @ 8:02am CDT
For the Decepticons-Bonecrusher. Any Devastator support couldn't hurt.
For the Cobra agents-Baroness. I don't think I've ever seen Raiz draw a (non-Cybertronian)female. I'd love to see how he draws her form, along with that awesome armor.
Re: James Raiz Draws Transformers / G.I. Joe - WIP Video: Optimus Prime (1699070)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on June 16th, 2015 @ 8:08am CDT
I'm think my vote's going to Blackout, but I do think Roadburn's on to something with Brawl.
Gotta love those military 'cons! xD
Re: James Raiz Draws Transformers / G.I. Joe - WIP Video: Optimus Prime (1699081)
Posted by .... on June 16th, 2015 @ 8:28am CDT
Do we vote in this thread?
Re: James Raiz Draws Transformers / G.I. Joe - WIP Video: Optimus Prime (1699090)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 16th, 2015 @ 8:47am CDT
SillySpringer wrote:Do we vote in this thread?

Yes you do. just name your votes!
BTW: We need a Megatron (preferable RotF version) and Shockwave too. But Bonecrusher is still my top pic. :BOT:
Re: James Raiz Draws Transformers / G.I. Joe - WIP Video: Optimus Prime (1699091)
Posted by dragons on June 16th, 2015 @ 8:48am CDT
DECEPTICONS:

Bonecrusher
Frenzy
Starscream
Barricade

Brawl
The Fallen (ROTF)

Any Megatron or Galvatron ( which ever have most votes)

Soundwave (ROTF)
Ravage (ROTF)
Devastator (ROTF)

Shockwave (DOTM)
Soundwave (DOTM)

Lazerbeak (DOTM)

Stinger (AOE)

Lockdown (AOE)

COBRA
Cobra Commander
Destro
The Baroness
Storm Shadow

Firefly

Stupid iPhone piece of crap keep having to zoom in and out to scroll up and down

I kept megatron and galvatron out didn't couldn't decide what I like more choices I picked, hope he's right about transformers and Gijoe movie for. Those of us not able to make it like to see finished pictures when he's done like his art style
Re: James Raiz Draws Transformers / G.I. Joe - WIP Video: Optimus Prime (1699096)
Posted by Va'al on June 16th, 2015 @ 8:54am CDT
Reminder: Please choose ONE from each category.
Multiple votes will not be counted.
Re: James Raiz Draws Transformers / G.I. Joe - WIP Video: Optimus Prime (1699097)
Posted by .... on June 16th, 2015 @ 8:55am CDT
Roadbuster, Barricade, and for the Joes, Duke.
Re: James Raiz Draws Transformers / G.I. Joe - WIP Video: Optimus Prime (1699102)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 16th, 2015 @ 8:59am CDT
Va'al wrote:Reminder: Please choose ONE from each category.
Multiple votes will not be counted.

One? :O
So hard to choose. I love so many of the movie Transformers.

Um. Fine I'll go with Lockdown cos he was awesome in AoE. And apparently voiced by Mark Ryan who played one of my fave childhood characters on TV; Nasir in Robin of Sherwood. (I know he's done a lot of voice work on the Transformers movies but Lockdown is his most badass).
Re: James Raiz Draws Transformers / G.I. Joe - WIP Video: Optimus Prime (1699104)
Posted by Va'al on June 16th, 2015 @ 9:04am CDT
SillySpringer wrote:Roadbuster, Barricade, and for the Joes, Duke.

One vote please!
Re: James Raiz Draws Transformers / G.I. Joe - WIP Video: Optimus Prime (1699105)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 16th, 2015 @ 9:05am CDT
Oh and Baroness for Cobra.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer 2016 & Snowplow 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots High Tide Rescue Rig Boat Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Fall Of Cybertron Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Academy Salvage Converting Toy, 4.5-In" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Power Charge Bumblebee VOLKSWAGEN VW BUG" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects - SDCC Exclusive Transformers 8" Dead Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Lot Optimus Bumblebee Ironhide Skidz And More" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Grimlock New Factory Sealed" on EBAY