James Roberts Lends His Talents to Transformers Ongoing

James Roberts Lends His Talents to Transformers Ongoing

Saturday, March 26th, 2011 1:25pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 23,330

James Roberts who helped bring the highly popular Last Stand of the Wreckers to life will be lending his talents to Transformers Ongoing 22 & 23. IDW Editor Andy Schmidt had this to say in the IDW Publishing Forums:

The series does lead into CHAOS, and so do James Robert's two issues of the ongoing series coming up (did I just say that? WHAT?)

yeah, just kidding. NOT.

James IS writing TRANSFORMERS #s 22 and 23.

Who says I don't listen?

Andy

PS. I havn't done a "NOT" joke in about 15 years. That felt... kinda... weird.

To read the original thread on IDW Publishing Forums click here.

Credit(s): Andy Schmidt

This article was last modified on Sunday, March 27th, 2011 2:12am CDT

Re: James Roberts Lends His Talents to Transformers Ongoing (1200318)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on March 26th, 2011 @ 1:53pm CDT
Loved everything about LSoTW! Read the first issue and bought a complete g1 overlord as soon as I saw one. I've been enjoying Ongoing (yes it's true) so this will just be the cherry on top for me...and a can of whip cream emptied onto that, peppered with crushed Oreos.
Re: James Roberts Lends His Talents to Transformers Ongoing (1200336)
Posted by Joetx on March 26th, 2011 @ 2:24pm CDT
Meh. I wasn't impressed w/ the big reveal in LSotW.

And I haven't purchased a copy of Ongoing since issue #10.
Re: James Roberts Lends His Talents to Transformers Ongoing (1200386)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on March 26th, 2011 @ 4:08pm CDT
I still haven't picked up the rest of Last Stand of the Wreckers. Looks like I'll be diving in the back issue bins!
Re: James Roberts Lends His Talents to Transformers Ongoing (1200404)
Posted by partholon on March 26th, 2011 @ 4:58pm CDT

thank jesus. i dont expect james to be the best writer ever but i DO expect a dense read.

those five issues of wreckers have more packed into em than 10 ongoings.

fair play to schmit. not easy to do this given many will say he caved in to fan preasure but as a fan who hasnt read ongoing since spike killed scrapper im glad to have a book to go back to !

Re: James Roberts Lends His Talents to Transformers Ongoing (1200536)
Posted by Oilspill on March 26th, 2011 @ 11:21pm CDT
partholon wrote:but as a fan who hasnt read ongoing since spike killed scrapper

I stopped reading around then too, but I will actually pick up 22 & 23 now to see what James can do. LSotW is my all-time favourite Transformers comic, so I'm pretty pumped for this. 8)

I wonder if they'll be kinda stand-alone side stories (hope so) or if James will continue whatever the current story thread is.
Re: James Roberts Lends His Talents to Transformers Ongoing (1200597)
Posted by synapse on March 27th, 2011 @ 6:18am CDT
So the ongoing will at least be an intersting read... finally. Thank God.
Re: James Roberts Lends His Talents to Transformers Ongoing (1200796)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on March 27th, 2011 @ 2:52pm CDT
This is great news. I have continued to read and support the ongoing but I loved LSOTW. The ongoing series hasn't been able to capture the emotion that LSOTW was able to portray. So hopefully, Roberts can get things going.

Maybe redeem UM a little??
Re: James Roberts Lends His Talents to Transformers Ongoing (1200845)
Posted by partholon on March 27th, 2011 @ 5:31pm CDT
Oilspill wrote:
partholon wrote:but as a fan who hasnt read ongoing since spike killed scrapper

because of the nature of the tradepaper back i'd lay money on it being either two one shots focusing on a single characters POV or a two parter thats self contained and allows him to drop back in later if its well recieved.

we got that in international incident with issus 7 and 8 so theres a precedent.

probably the first time the filler will be more anticipated than the arc.

Re: James Roberts Lends His Talents to Transformers Ongoing (1200847)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on March 27th, 2011 @ 5:34pm CDT
Maybe the return of Rodimus? Or Perceptor and Springer related?

Personally, I'd like to see what Impactor and Guzzle are up to. But I wouldn't mind if it is un-Wrecker related either
Re: James Roberts Lends His Talents to Transformers Ongoing (1201152)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on March 28th, 2011 @ 10:04am CDT
Who says I don't listen?

I do, because Andy said that Roberts is only writing these two issues, not taking over the ongoing on a permanent basis.

In other words, after "Hunt for the Decepticons" is over, we're going to get some more of Costa's "writing", then two issues of awesome, then go back to the usual "Shock and Awe, make no sense whatsoever" form of storytelling that he has spent the past year and a half perfecting.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Zeta Toys EX-06O Oriprime Optimus Prime MP Scale Toy Transformers MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Lazerback" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Legion Class Lot - Prowl - Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "transformers Prime Beast Hunters voyager PREDAKING - 100% complete lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Beetle Bumblebee Spike Volkswagen Action Figure" on EBAY