Japanese Version Universe 2.0 now up for preorder!!!

Transformers News: Japanese Version Universe 2.0 now up for preorder!!!

Thursday, May 29th, 2008 9:14AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 7,134

Yesterday, Seibertron.com's own resident HMW guru Mkall let us know that BBTS.com had the new US Universe Ultra Figures available for pre-order. Today he does it again, this time, the Japanese versions of the same Universe 2.0 figures have hit the pre-order list.

Onslaught

Powerglide

and Silverbolt

These Japanese Universe 2.0 figures sport a more "G1 accurate" color scheme and are available for pre-order at a $54.99 USD pricepoint. Click on their respective names to view each pre-order page.

To join the discussion on this already in progress, click here.
Credit(s): Mkall, RodimusConvoy13
Re: Japanese Version Universe 2.0 now up for preorder!!! (710429)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 29th, 2008 @ 9:17am CDT
Yep, RodimusConvoy13 already tipped us off.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=40070&p=710385#p710385
Re: Japanese Version Universe 2.0 now up for preorder!!! (710430)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on May 29th, 2008 @ 9:18am CDT
Aw, man! I missed out on a front page credit!

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=40070

I think mine was up first :P :grin:
Re: Japanese Version Universe 2.0 now up for preorder!!! (710445)
Posted by First Gen on May 29th, 2008 @ 9:38am CDT
Re: Japanese Version Universe 2.0 now up for preorder!!! (710449)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on May 29th, 2008 @ 9:43am CDT
First Gen wrote:Yeah. Mkall's email beat you, but since you're doing such a great job at giving us great info, you'll get the nod to boot. I'll link your forum into the news post. Thanks.

sweet.. you rock! :grin:
Re: Japanese Version Universe 2.0 now up for preorder!!! (710517)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on May 29th, 2008 @ 11:21am CDT
Bloody heck...
Well, I might be able to cope with an october release...
I must ponder for a while first.
Re: Japanese Version Universe 2.0 now up for preorder!!! (710547)
Posted by waaaaghlord on May 29th, 2008 @ 12:09pm CDT
Re: Japanese Version Universe 2.0 now up for preorder!!! (710549)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on May 29th, 2008 @ 12:13pm CDT
waaaaghlord wrote:Well the price tag on these is what the Hasbro versions will work out at at UK retail, so that's not so bad. I might put in a preorder for Powerglide in a few days, as he'll probably be the most in demand when these come out, the other two I want over the Hasbro versions but I think I can stand to chase once they're out and see if I can get a better price on them. Might just see what sort of price they come to when a few more sites have their preorders up and make a final decision then. My preorder list is getting pretty pricey at the moment, and that's before anybody's listed the ehobby clear Convoy or the (presumed) Wonderfest Nemesis. And I'll be shelling out on Nightbeat and two sets of Seacons before long as well. We really are being spoiled this year.

Onslaught, to me, is negligible difference between the two.
Silverbolt depends on chrome issues, I need better pictures of the Takara version.
Powerglide I want, but I'm too broke atm.
Re: Japanese Version Universe 2.0 now up for preorder!!! (710560)
Posted by rpetras on May 29th, 2008 @ 12:36pm CDT
Thanks all, I've been waiting for this!

I'm all pre-ordered up on PG.

I'm OK with the US releases for the other 2.

For the cost conscious fantofan has a lower price, but I use BBTS' pile 'o loot, so considering the shipping, it all works out about the same.
Re: Japanese Version Universe 2.0 now up for preorder!!! (710566)
Posted by Nekoman on May 29th, 2008 @ 12:39pm CDT
When will we see pictures of Sunstreaker? Will these have chrome, I don’t see any?
Re: Japanese Version Universe 2.0 now up for preorder!!! (710575)
Posted by decepticonjon on May 29th, 2008 @ 12:49pm CDT
rpetras wrote:Thanks all, I've been waiting for this!

I'm all pre-ordered up on PG.

I'm OK with the US releases for the other 2.

and bbts won't charge me till oct. besides, f2f got my money for stinky henkei tc, gotta spread the wealth
Re: Japanese Version Universe 2.0 now up for preorder!!! (711125)
Posted by Stormrider on May 29th, 2008 @ 10:30pm CDT
I am really psyched that some of the combiner team leaders are getting their just deserves as Ultra sized figures. It would be cool if they release a Motormaster and Hotspot as Ultras in the future.
Re: Japanese Version Universe 2.0 now up for preorder!!! (711623)
Posted by Sledge on May 30th, 2008 @ 4:13pm CDT
I could live with a blue repaint of RID Prime as Hot Spot.

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Transformers Cybertron Commander: Optimus Prime Convoy TV version - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 13 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers Prime Vehicon RID Robots in Disguise Canadian Variant MOC Htf - Time Remaining: 6 days 13 hours 13 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Starscream Leader Class 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 2 days 15 hours 13 minutes 6 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Barricade & Decepticon Frenzy HUMAN ALLIANCE RD-24 ROBOT FIGURE TOY - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 13 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Armada Megatron Leader Class 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 14 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Onslaught Voyager Class New Sealed - Time Remaining: 2 days 15 hours 14 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Cyclonus Voyager Class 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 2 days 18 hours 14 minutes 34 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Hot Spot Voyager Class 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 2 days 18 hours 14 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #172 - Ready For Launch