JB-01 Powermaster Optimus Prime Compatible?

JB-01 Powermaster Optimus Prime Compatible?

Monday, February 28th, 2011 11:26am CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 44,749

From the looks of these images found on HK-TF Junkion Blacksmith's JB-01 may be compatible with Powermaster Optimus Prime. These images show their black repaint known as JB-01B Evil Commander attached to Nucleon Quest Convoy(a black Powermaster Optimus Prime repaint).

Credit(s): HK-TF.com

Re: JB-01 Powermaster Optimus Prime Compatible? (1188434)
Posted by whacko on February 28th, 2011 @ 11:32am CST
Amelie wrote:Yet another example of a good idea badly implemented.

Why didn't hey just make it compatible with actual Headmasters?

They are compatible with actual headmasters.

However they also come with attachments that allow them to be used on other toys, since not many people have headmasters.

http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/es ... atID=73_10
Re: JB-01 Powermaster Optimus Prime Compatible? (1188435)
Posted by El Duque on February 28th, 2011 @ 11:33am CST
Amelie wrote:Yet another example of a good idea badly implemented.

Why didn't hey just make it compatible with actual Headmasters?

It looks like they are in these pics.

Re: JB-01 Powermaster Optimus Prime Compatible? (1188445)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on February 28th, 2011 @ 12:00pm CST
There is no way I'd do any modifications to my Nucleon Quest Convoy. That includes removing the base from the head. the JB-01 may be a bit more in scale in terms of head size, but NQC is just too awesome to touch :grin:
Re: JB-01 Powermaster Optimus Prime Compatible? (1188450)
Posted by TimPilot on February 28th, 2011 @ 12:08pm CST
I kinda like these bastards :D
Shame about the price :-x
Re: JB-01 Powermaster Optimus Prime Compatible? (1188451)
Posted by Amelie on February 28th, 2011 @ 12:10pm CST
whacko wrote:They are compatible with actual headmasters.

I hadn't seen those pics yet! They're still ok at best, though. I'm not sure if I could justify the price to turn one of my 'masters into another Optimus Prime.
Re: JB-01 Powermaster Optimus Prime Compatible? (1188477)
Posted by Love Dragon on February 28th, 2011 @ 1:18pm CST
Oh! I so hope this is true. Powermaster Optimus' head has been a thorn in my side for YEARS. It just SITS there! It doesn't do ANYTHING (why didn't they have it turn into Roller or something?).

Now I might actually have to get Opticmax and own the first HeadTargetPowermaster!
Re: JB-01 Powermaster Optimus Prime Compatible? (1188482)
Posted by El Duque on February 28th, 2011 @ 1:29pm CST
This made me curious so I took apart my Powermaster OP head to see what was going on in there.

Easy mod, just remove two screws. The little plate with the peg that connects to the body just slides right out, and it does have the grid pattern on it. So I'm guessing the new head fits into the grid by friction.
Re: JB-01 Powermaster Optimus Prime Compatible? (1188604)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 28th, 2011 @ 5:14pm CST
This is really kinda neat. I like the idea of updated headmasters. I purchased the Headrobot upgrade for Hardhead and love it. However the reasoning behind non masters becoming Headmasters concept escapes me. Sure wish I had that PM Prime though!
Re: JB-01 Powermaster Optimus Prime Compatible? (1188607)
Posted by El Duque on February 28th, 2011 @ 5:19pm CST
I believe Headmaster Powermaster Op was an unused concept.

Re: JB-01 Powermaster Optimus Prime Compatible? (1188623)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 28th, 2011 @ 5:43pm CST
El Duque wrote:I believe Headmaster Powermaster Op was an unused concept.

Hey Duke, where did you find that sketch? Thats awesome!
Re: JB-01 Powermaster Optimus Prime Compatible? (1188628)
Posted by El Duque on February 28th, 2011 @ 5:50pm CST
GetRightRobot wrote:
El Duque wrote:I believe Headmaster Powermaster Op was an unused concept.

Hey Duke, where did you find that sketch? Thats awesome!

I actually don't recall. I've had it saved on my computer for a while. I'm sure someone on here will know where it's from.
Re: JB-01 Powermaster Optimus Prime Compatible? (1188632)
Posted by Rated X on February 28th, 2011 @ 5:54pm CST
Why didnt they just create their own mold for the rest of the Headmasters like Headrobots did for Hardhead ??? Thise mini versions of G1 characters are stupid.
Re: JB-01 Powermaster Optimus Prime Compatible? (1188642)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on February 28th, 2011 @ 5:59pm CST

I dunno why, but I love it when unused concepts or toon-only characters get made by 3rd party guys.
Re: JB-01 Powermaster Optimus Prime Compatible? (1188655)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 28th, 2011 @ 6:11pm CST
Gauntlet101010 wrote:I like that it works with Powermaster Prime. I've been meaning to get the reissue for years .... this might be just the excuse to grab it. And since this is Prime it justifies it's creation to me as a Headmaster Prime.

Dude, I got it! Get you a reissue Powermaster Prime (everyone loves that giant), get this silly little head, and the new Hemroi....Targetroid Prime and you could create:

Power-Target-Head Master Optimus Prime!

That'll make one serious problem for a story line explanation! :lol:
Re: JB-01 Powermaster Optimus Prime Compatible? (1188665)
Posted by Fistful of Energon on February 28th, 2011 @ 6:39pm CST
I admit im pretty excited about this!

I have a God Ginrai who shall remain how he is but I also have regular Powermaster Prime I wouldn't mind upgrading into a POWER-HEAD MASTER!

anyone offering just the Prime head separately?
Re: JB-01 Powermaster Optimus Prime Compatible? (1188684)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on February 28th, 2011 @ 7:17pm CST
GetRightRobot wrote:

Power-Target-Head Master Optimus Prime!

That'll make one serious problem for a story line explanation! :lol:

You know, that's a good plan right there.

Also the head turns into a small trailer. You think that makes it a Micromaster as well? I think it just might.
Re: JB-01 Powermaster Optimus Prime Compatible? (1188705)
Posted by El Duque on February 28th, 2011 @ 8:02pm CST
Fistful of Energon wrote:I admit im pretty excited about this!

anyone offering just the Prime head separately?

TFsource
Re: JB-01 Powermaster Optimus Prime Compatible? (1188819)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on March 1st, 2011 @ 3:54am CST
But the regular head was the best looking bit of Brickimus. This headmaster one just finishes the whole block look and makes me dislike the overall figure more (I actually love my original PM Prime but more for sentimental reasons, he does look a bit of a joke stood next to my RotF Buster Prime though). Still, this headmaster sure is a hell of a better than the one shown in those concept sketches which just look beyond crap.
Re: JB-01 Powermaster Optimus Prime Compatible? (1188830)
Posted by Burn on March 1st, 2011 @ 5:29am CST
Said it ages back that the only good thing these "Masters" would be good for would be to pimp out an old Powermaster Prime.

Wait until someone puts the guns on.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers The Last Knight TLK Premier Edition Leader Stormreign (Dragonstorm)" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Leader Class Shockwave MISB" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON RATCHET WALGREEN'S DELUXE MISB VHTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Earthrise Autobot Lot Bumblebee Mirage" on EBAY
Buy "transformers tfcc tfss 1.0 Breakdown" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers / SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON sound wave SG24" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Netflix Walmart Quintesson Deseeus Army Drone NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal the Shield 'G2' Optimus Prime" on EBAY