Jess Harnell to Feature as Barricade in Transformers Bumblebee: Movie

Jess Harnell to Feature as Barricade in Transformers Bumblebee: Movie

Monday, June 4th, 2018 6:42pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, People News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 18,672

This piece of live-action news may have also been skimmed over in the past week, but with the first actual trailer for the Paramount Transformers universe Bumblebee Movie due out this Tuesday 5th June, it's definitely worth covering!

Via KidsCoolIt website, in which kids do the reporting and framing, we get some type of confirmation that Barricade - the villainous character that first approaches the human cast in the 2007 live action movie - will be back (?) in the 80s set prequel this Christmas, as his voice actor Jess Harnell is introduced as such and answers a couple of fan questions; check out the clip below, and let us know your thoughts in the Energon Pub discussion boards!

Credit(s): KidzCoolIt

Re: Jess Harnell to Feature as Barricade in Transformers Bumblebee: Movie (1963057)
Posted by Brokebot on June 4th, 2018 @ 6:52pm CDT
Meh.
Re: Jess Harnell to Feature as Barricade in Transformers Bumblebee: Movie (1963113)
Posted by Blitzwing is bae on June 4th, 2018 @ 11:42pm CDT
Im just excited for a 80s baricade! :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
Re: Jess Harnell to Feature as Barricade in Transformers Bumblebee: Movie (1963114)
Posted by TulioDude on June 4th, 2018 @ 11:53pm CDT
Nice.

He carries a nice presence in voice.
Re: Jess Harnell to Feature as Barricade in Transformers Bumblebee: Movie (1963124)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 5th, 2018 @ 2:11am CDT
Oh I mentioned that in the Studio Series thread a week ago but didn't realise it hadnt been a news thing til now. Trailers up by the way. :)

NOt sure i like Bee's new robot design. Bit too basic for me but eh it's still my Bee. Starscream looks neat (if a bit too G1 for my tastes but that should please some folk). Movie looks fun but they I've enjoyed all the 5 main ones too so that's just me. :)
Re: Jess Harnell to Feature as Barricade in Transformers Bumblebee: Movie (1963126)
Posted by WreckerJack on June 5th, 2018 @ 2:24am CDT
Yeah I just came across it. Gonna get it newsed ASAP!
Re: Jess Harnell to Feature as Barricade in Transformers Bumblebee: Movie (1963127)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 5th, 2018 @ 2:32am CDT
WreckerJack wrote:Yeah I just came across it. Gonna get it newsed ASAP!

I've been watching it on loop for past 20 mins (warming to Bee's new design now even if it is more kiddy-robot than the more badass design he had before but that makes sense even if just cos this is in the 80s). I do love how she's looking under the car and finds his eyes and they light up and he transforms. That's a neat transformation scene. Time being confirmed as latter half of 1987 by Rick Astley. :P
Re: Jess Harnell to Feature as Barricade in Transformers Bumblebee: Movie (1963128)
Posted by WreckerJack on June 5th, 2018 @ 2:36am CDT
As of midnight here in the pacific time zone, Paramount Pictures has posted the very first trailer for the upcoming Bumblebee: The Movie on Youtube. A quick acknowledgement to Carnivius_Prime for noticing the trailer had been submitted. We have posted it below for your viewing pleasure.

In this two minute clip fans will notice a difference in the atmosphere of this film in comparison to the past five live-action films directed by Michael Bay. Instead of the rough, action packed flicks we are used to this preview seems to hint at a sense of wonder. Have a look and tell us what you think!

Re: Jess Harnell to Feature as Barricade in Transformers Bumblebee: Movie (1963129)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 5th, 2018 @ 2:37am CDT
WreckerJack wrote:A quick acknowledgement to Carnivius_Prime for noticing the trailer had been posted.

Ah thanks dude. :)
Re: Jess Harnell to Feature as Barricade in Transformers Bumblebee: Movie (1963131)
Posted by WreckerJack on June 5th, 2018 @ 2:49am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

I'm getting rick roll'd and its 2018!

I'll admit I have some hopes for this flick. It looks like its got some real potential. It has a good sense of wonder. Kinda makes me think of ET in a way. I like TF series better where Transformers are sentient robots rather than just war machines. I love a good robot fight but its the characters that draw me in and keep my interest in the series.

If they can make this movie as good as the trailer makes it look we could have a major success. I think it does matter how they advertise too. Make sure people know the movie is different from the previous five so they don't dismiss it.

Re: Jess Harnell to Feature as Barricade in Transformers Bumblebee: Movie (1963132)
Posted by xMXUx on June 5th, 2018 @ 2:52am CDT
Not generally a fan of the movies, but this actually doesn't look half bad. Especially like what Starscream looks like from what I can tell by his short appearance. Might actually end up going to see this one :lol:
Re: Jess Harnell to Feature as Barricade in Transformers Bumblebee: Movie (1963134)
Posted by Bucky on June 5th, 2018 @ 2:54am CDT
I learned a long time ago not to get excited by trailers. I normally don’t even bother watching them. I obviously made an exception here though. I really want this to be good. It’s hard not to get excited seeing a smaller, more classic looking Bumblebee, and a Starscream that harkens back a little more to his G1 design. That face looks great.

It took me a long, long time to come around to Starscream’s movie design, but I’ve come to really appreciate it for its uniqueness. That being said, I’m very glad to see this new design. Now let’s just hope he isn’t spewing oil and lubricant everywhere.
Re: Jess Harnell to Feature as Barricade in Transformers Bumblebee: Movie (1963135)
Posted by bacem on June 5th, 2018 @ 2:55am CDT
if the new bumblebee movie toy will looks like that, he will be the first movie bee toy i actually willing to buy. also, i bet the toy will have visible head syndrome from the bottom, and they will actually advertize it on the box as "screen accuracy"
Re: Jess Harnell to Feature as Barricade in Transformers Bumblebee: Movie (1963136)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 5th, 2018 @ 2:55am CDT
WreckerJack wrote:You are welcome. Gave you the news credit as a kudos since you probably technically found it first.

I'm all hyped and now have the urge to buy another Studio Series figure even though I told myself no more for a while cos I've bought 8 in the past couple months (including one Leader and three voyagers) and I have no job but damn I want another now, most likely Stinger cos haven't got that one yet but i liked it when my friend was showing it to me. Anyways, off out. I've copied the trailer to my phone. I frickin' love the Transformers live action movies more than any other TF fiction so I'm in a good mood today. Have a good day, folks! Seeya! :D
Re: Jess Harnell to Feature as Barricade in Transformers Bumblebee: Movie (1963137)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 5th, 2018 @ 2:58am CDT
I don't like the look of this AT ALL. It looks like some type of children's movie... I hate that shit.

Only thing that has me interested is how Starscream looks. I hope at least he does some damage.
Re: Jess Harnell to Feature as Barricade in Transformers Bumblebee: Movie (1963138)
Posted by Va'al on June 5th, 2018 @ 3:00am CDT
Oh good lord Sly is back. Away with ye.

Added some screencaps to the story!
Re: Jess Harnell to Feature as Barricade in Transformers Bumblebee: Movie (1963139)
Posted by WreckerJack on June 5th, 2018 @ 3:05am CDT
Starscream is making that breath holding face like: (o H o)
Re: Jess Harnell to Feature as Barricade in Transformers Bumblebee: Movie (1963140)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 5th, 2018 @ 3:08am CDT
Va'al wrote:Oh good lord Sly is back. Away with ye.

I just had to share my dismay...
Re: Jess Harnell to Feature as Barricade in Transformers Bumblebee: Movie (1963141)
Posted by Michael Alex Kawa on June 5th, 2018 @ 3:18am CDT
The trailer looks AWESOME :-D ......better the I expected. It seems to have a touch of the Bay-verse , with some welcome freshness to the franchise. Just like the design of Bumblebee :BOT: himself, combining a few elements from the past movies (or is that future movies since this is a prequel) with some G1 awesomeness throw in.
Also whom ever that jet is (yeah I know who everyone thinks it is) he looks super cool.
BTW......Has it been officially stated that it is Starscream :CON: , or is this just a presumption everyone has?
Just curious.
Re: Jess Harnell to Feature as Barricade in Transformers Bumblebee: Movie (1963142)
Posted by Deathsaurus1 on June 5th, 2018 @ 3:22am CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:I don't like the look of this AT ALL. It looks like some type of children's movie... I hate that ****.

Well it is transformers lol
Should be kid friendly to bring out the kid in me
Re: Jess Harnell to Feature as Barricade in Transformers Bumblebee: Movie (1963143)
Posted by ToaLeePrime on June 5th, 2018 @ 3:30am CDT

Bumblebee! He looks so good! STARSCREAM! AHHHH! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters - Ultra Magnus - Voyager Autobot 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Beast Hunters Leader Class Optimus Prime Dragon Assault 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Zeta Toys EX-06O Oriprime Optimus Prime MP Scale Toy Transformers MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ripclaw" on EBAY