Jetpower Optimus Prime Gallery is Online

Jetpower Optimus Prime Gallery is Online

Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 1:16pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 35,317

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Jetpower Optimus Prime, perhaps the only autobot capable of stopping the likes of Devastator or The Fallen. Jetpower Optimus Prime, is the combined form of Optimus himself and Jetfire from the latest film, though this would not be the first time Optimus Prime has had combining capabilities, as him and Jetfire were also able to merge in Armada. To view Jetpower Optimus Prime's gallery in all it's glory, click here.

Jetpower Optimus Prime Gallery is Online

Jetpower Optimus Prime Gallery is Online

Jetpower Optimus Prime Gallery is Online

Credit(s): Seibertron


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Jetpower Optimus Prime Gallery is Online (1001974)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on September 23rd, 2009 @ 1:20pm CDT
Why doesn't Hasbro just send someone to break my legs and take my money? I mean, if they want it that badly, that's the easier way to do it.
Re: Jetpower Optimus Prime Gallery is Online (1001975)
Posted by Nekoman on September 23rd, 2009 @ 1:21pm CDT
You know, when the last movie came out, I said it seemed like they were taking concepts from AEC, and I think this kind of proves it. Of course, ten guys jumped on board to call me crazy then, I'm pretty sure you can't call a parallel like this an coincident.
Re: Jetpower Optimus Prime Gallery is Online (1002007)
Posted by Agamemnon on September 23rd, 2009 @ 2:21pm CDT
Anybody else have these two and have an issue combining them? The feet and waist are good for me, but the connection around the shoulders and the crotch area just don't stay put.

Can I say crotch? :shock:
Re: Jetpower Optimus Prime Gallery is Online (1002015)
Posted by Blurrz on September 23rd, 2009 @ 2:41pm CDT
So tempting to have.

So unrealistically expensive! And did Ryan by 2 versions of each Leader figure? O_O
Re: Jetpower Optimus Prime Gallery is Online (1002036)
Posted by kirbenvost on September 23rd, 2009 @ 3:04pm CDT
Extremely badass combo, especially with the alternate transformations, looks much better than the official one. Unfortunately I just don't like Jetfire enough to buy him for this. The head is way too ugly and I don't like the old geezer thing he's got going on. He doesn't fit in with any of the other Jetires, and I'm all about homages. Maybe if they did a recolor with a remolded head, they could do G1 Jetfire or even a Wingsaber homage and I'd be a lot more willing, but the Blackbird would probably look weird in those colors anyway.
Re: Jetpower Optimus Prime Gallery is Online (1002046)
Posted by Convotron on September 23rd, 2009 @ 3:20pm CDT
Sweet gallery. :)

Nekoman wrote:You know, when the last movie came out, I said it seemed like they were taking concepts from AEC, and I think this kind of proves it. Of course, ten guys jumped on board to call me crazy then, I'm pretty sure you can't call a parallel like this an coincident.


I agree! I think the OP/JF combination is too close to the concept of Powerlinx to not think it's inspired by AEC.


Agamemnon wrote:Anybody else have these two and have an issue combining them? The feet and waist are good for me, but the connection around the shoulders and the crotch area just don't stay put.


The shoulder connection tabs are a bit tricky at first but if you secure them properly, they should stay put. I wouldn't worry too much about the dark blue plastic connector for the underside of Optimus Prime's pelvis component because if you can get the shoulders properly set, the pelvis connector should also be able to stay securely connected. Also, it's not a necessary connector because I had my Jetpower Optimus Prime set up without that part for a few weeks with no problems. I left it disconnected to allow greater leg mobility for posing.

Agamemnon wrote:Can I say crotch? :shock:


You said it twice! Twice!!!

Blurrz wrote:So tempting to have.

So unrealistically expensive! And did Ryan by 2 versions of each Leader figure? O_O


I don't think they're unreasonably expensive when you consider things like Gentei! Gentei! exclusives or Botcon repaints. These exclusives normally offer repaints at most, a relative few offer retoolings too but fairly minor more often than not.

Jetfire is certainly a bit on the expensive side since it isn't the greatest Transformer toy design, isn't jaw dropping to most, and really is bought to combine with OP. I love the character and the toy, despite its flaws, but I suppose I have odd tastes. However, RotF Leader OP is such a great toy design overall, I think it's well worth the price tag.

kirbenvost wrote:Extremely badass combo, especially with the alternate transformations, looks much better than the official one. Unfortunately I just don't like Jetfire enough to buy him for this. The head is way too ugly and I don't like the old geezer thing he's got going on. He doesn't fit in with any of the other Jetires, and I'm all about homages. Maybe if they did a recolor with a remolded head, they could do G1 Jetfire or even a Wingsaber homage and I'd be a lot more willing, but the Blackbird would probably look weird in those colors anyway.


Hmm, I don't think repainting and even some retoolings would make you like RotF Leader Jetfire because its design is centred around the old geezer character concept, which you don't like. That's the thing about the movie fiction...most characters have the names of pre-existing Transformers but aren't very recognizable aside from minor similarities. I mean, look at RotF Sideswipe. It's a robot that changes into a sports car. That's pretty much all that character and its G1 namesake have in common. Now I don't mind that but when I hear "Sideswipe" or "Jetfire", I'm expecting something a bit more recognizable from my exposure to the older toylines and cartoons.
Re: Jetpower Optimus Prime Gallery is Online (1002076)
Posted by Seibertron on September 23rd, 2009 @ 3:46pm CDT
I actually really like Jetfire. He's a very unique figure and I think his alt mode is beautiful. It's huge!

Jetfire, Mudflap and Skids are three of my favorite figures from the line, though I do NOT like their characters in the movie. I have a lot of characters that I like the figure of, but not the character, and vice versa.
Re: Jetpower Optimus Prime Gallery is Online (1002089)
Posted by Convotron on September 23rd, 2009 @ 3:59pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:I actually really like Jetfire. He's a very unique figure and I think his alt mode is beautiful. It's huge!


I feel the same way. I love the unique look of Jetfire in robot mode and the alt mode is impressive. Sure there's underside kibble but I really can't think of a way to design the toy without implementing a shell to hide the robot kibble, which would make shell kibble and be even farther from the character model. It's a design compromise of the toy that I think is justified.

I really like the Twins/Skids and Mudflap designs too. I can't wait for HA Skids to become available in my local stores.

Now as far as the characters, the Twins were a bit over the top for me but I like Jetfire. He's such a crazy old codger.
Re: Jetpower Optimus Prime Gallery is Online (1002404)
Posted by shonenfan4 on September 23rd, 2009 @ 11:37pm CDT
Convotron wrote:
Seibertron wrote:I actually really like Jetfire. He's a very unique figure and I think his alt mode is beautiful. It's huge!


I feel the same way. I love the unique look of Jetfire in robot mode and the alt mode is impressive. Sure there's underside kibble but I really can't think of a way to design the toy without implementing a shell to hide the robot kibble, which would make shell kibble and be even farther from the character model. It's a design compromise of the toy that I think is justified.

I really like the Twins/Skids and Mudflap designs too. I can't wait for HA Skids to become available in my local stores.

Now as far as the characters, the Twins were a bit over the top for me but I like Jetfire. He's such a crazy old codger.


The Twins were for comic relief that got on some people's bad sides. I really like Jetfire, I think I might get another one to display forever in alt mode if this ever goes on a huge sale.
Re: Jetpower Optimus Prime Gallery is Online (1002407)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on September 23rd, 2009 @ 11:46pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Jetfire, Mudflap and Skids are three of my favorite figures from the line, though I do NOT like their characters in the movie.


Irony sucks, don't it?
Re: Jetpower Optimus Prime Gallery is Online (1002429)
Posted by Bumblebeast on September 24th, 2009 @ 1:10am CDT
I love Jetfire and i have it proudly displayed in my studio in robot mode. The SR71 Blackbird mode is so powerfully awesome that i can't stare at it for too long.
Re: Jetpower Optimus Prime Gallery is Online (1002627)
Posted by Convotron on September 24th, 2009 @ 10:51am CDT
shonenfan4 wrote:The Twins were for comic relief that got on some people's bad sides. I really like Jetfire, I think I might get another one to display forever in alt mode if this ever goes on a huge sale.


Yeah, that's for sure seeing the general reaction from the fan community.

I don't hate them, they were just overused. I got a couple of chuckles in the beginning but by the halfway point in the movie I was like "Aha...yeah.".
Re: Jetpower Optimus Prime Gallery is Online (1002653)
Posted by shonenfan4 on September 24th, 2009 @ 11:43am CDT
Convotron wrote:
shonenfan4 wrote:The Twins were for comic relief that got on some people's bad sides. I really like Jetfire, I think I might get another one to display forever in alt mode if this ever goes on a huge sale.


Yeah, that's for sure seeing the general reaction from the fan community.

I don't hate them, they were just overused. I got a couple of chuckles in the beginning but by the halfway point in the movie I was like "Aha...yeah.".


I personally don't know why people would be that offended by them, I mean it's a movie. There's other movie out there that those who were offended surely would've been offended more. In addition, the only part that I hate about the Twins was how the hell did they survive the Devastator attack? Goes to show that Autobots are invincible in Bayverse.
Re: Jetpower Optimus Prime Gallery is Online (1002692)
Posted by Convotron on September 24th, 2009 @ 12:22pm CDT
shonenfan4 wrote:I personally don't know why people would be that offended by them, I mean it's a movie. There's other movie out there that those who were offended surely would've been offended more. In addition, the only part that I hate about the Twins was how the hell did they survive the Devastator attack? Goes to show that Autobots are invincible in Bayverse.


It's because they're hardened thugs from the streets of Cybertron, yo.
Re: Jetpower Optimus Prime Gallery is Online (1002735)
Posted by shonenfan4 on September 24th, 2009 @ 1:22pm CDT
Convotron wrote:
shonenfan4 wrote:I personally don't know why people would be that offended by them, I mean it's a movie. There's other movie out there that those who were offended surely would've been offended more. In addition, the only part that I hate about the Twins was how the hell did they survive the Devastator attack? Goes to show that Autobots are invincible in Bayverse.


It's because they're hardened thugs from the streets of Cybertron, yo.


Man, they nobodies on Cybertron k?
Re: Jetpower Optimus Prime Gallery is Online (1002792)
Posted by Convotron on September 24th, 2009 @ 2:59pm CDT
shonenfan4 wrote:
Convotron wrote:
shonenfan4 wrote:I personally don't know why people would be that offended by them, I mean it's a movie. There's other movie out there that those who were offended surely would've been offended more. In addition, the only part that I hate about the Twins was how the hell did they survive the Devastator attack? Goes to show that Autobots are invincible in Bayverse.


It's because they're hardened thugs from the streets of Cybertron, yo.


Man, they nobodies on Cybertron k?


Exactly! They're trying to prove themselves. They ain't grown soft by the good life. They're 2 legit 2 quit.

...

Yes, that's enough of that from me, hehe.

Back on topic, the gallery is great...and I'm wishing that a Leader class The Fallen was made. I'm not a fan of the character but it would be so great to have a Leader The Fallen displayed with Jetpower OP.
Re: Jetpower Optimus Prime Gallery is Online (1002899)
Posted by shonenfan4 on September 24th, 2009 @ 6:44pm CDT
Convotron wrote:
shonenfan4 wrote:
Convotron wrote:
shonenfan4 wrote:I personally don't know why people would be that offended by them, I mean it's a movie. There's other movie out there that those who were offended surely would've been offended more. In addition, the only part that I hate about the Twins was how the hell did they survive the Devastator attack? Goes to show that Autobots are invincible in Bayverse.


It's because they're hardened thugs from the streets of Cybertron, yo.


Man, they nobodies on Cybertron k?


Exactly! They're trying to prove themselves. They ain't grown soft by the good life. They're 2 legit 2 quit.

...

Yes, that's enough of that from me, hehe.

Back on topic, the gallery is great...and I'm wishing that a Leader class The Fallen was made. I'm not a fan of the character but it would be so great to have a Leader The Fallen displayed with Jetpower OP.


Leader The Fallen, not a bad idea, as long as they can figure out a better alt mode for him.
Re: Jetpower Optimus Prime Gallery is Online (1002958)
Posted by Convotron on September 24th, 2009 @ 7:46pm CDT
If there was a Leader class The Fallen made but used the more angular flying wing concept design, I would buy it for sure.
Re: Jetpower Optimus Prime Gallery is Online (1002972)
Posted by shonenfan4 on September 24th, 2009 @ 7:59pm CDT
Convotron wrote:If there was a Leader class The Fallen made but used the more angular flying wing concept design, I would buy it for sure.


Maybe they'll finally decide to include his weapon staff this time.
Re: Jetpower Optimus Prime Gallery is Online (1003035)
Posted by Convotron on September 24th, 2009 @ 9:58pm CDT
shonenfan4 wrote:
Convotron wrote:If there was a Leader class The Fallen made but used the more angular flying wing concept design, I would buy it for sure.


Maybe they'll finally decide to include his weapon staff this time.


If they make another The Fallen figure, the staff should be included for sure.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
Twincast / Podcast #289:
"No Thanks Given"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "1997 Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals Optimal Optimus Figure Incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "LOT OF 3 TRANSFORMERS POWER Of The Primes ~ Vector Prime Maximo Micronus FIGURES" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Galactic Odyssey Barricade Counterpunch / Punch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of The Primes Deluxe Novastar" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS POWER OF THE PRIMES VOYAGER CLASS ELITA-1 E1139 / E0598" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals Optimal Optimus Primal incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR OF CYBERTRON EARTHRISE BOMBSHOCK & GROWL 2pk" on EBAY
Buy "2006 Hasbro Transformers 1stMovie SeriesDeluxe Class6" Decepticon Divebomb Wal." on EBAY