Jobs at Boulder Media for Hasbro

Jobs at Boulder Media for Hasbro

Monday, September 11th, 2017 5:38pm CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: WreckerJack   Views: 12,061

Several jobs are available at Boulder Media for Hasbro. For those in the know Boulder Media has been in charge of making Rescue Bots. If you have ever wanted to live the dream they are looking for skilled artists and animators. Most of these jobs can be done from anywhere but it seems that a lot are based in Dublin. It will be interesting to see who will be working on upcoming projects.

We previously reported on a new logo for Rescue Bots Academy, which is in development by Boulder Media. If you would like more information, have a look at this article.

Transformers News: Jobs at Boulder Media for Hasbro

Credit(s): http://www.bouldermedia.tv

Re: Jobs at Boulder Media for Hasbro (1910298)
Posted by MaverickPrime on September 11th, 2017 @ 9:09pm CDT
Thanks!
Re: Jobs at Boulder Media for Hasbro (1910300)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 11th, 2017 @ 9:16pm CDT
MaverickPrime wrote:I hope someone here can enlighten me, because their PR manager hasn't answered me, the application for Character Designer, AKA my literal dream job mentions that I must be "eligible for work within the EEA(European Economic Area)" which brings me the question, can someone from outside Europe be apply for that? Because it says "eligible" not "must live in one of those countries".
Thanks!
As far as I can tell, the positions this company are offering are for those who are willing to move to Ireland.
Re: Jobs at Boulder Media for Hasbro (1910316)
Posted by Alpha Dominus on September 11th, 2017 @ 10:37pm CDT
MaverickPrime wrote:I'm super excited for the job and actually meet most of the criteria, but I need to now if I can apply for that from another continent before I send my application.
Thanks!

There are several artists positions available currently. Many of them state that the work can submitted "anywhere". As far as professional digital artist jobs go, the application process is one of the least grueling I've ever encountered. Apply. What do you have to lose?
Re: Jobs at Boulder Media for Hasbro (1910328)
Posted by MaverickPrime on September 11th, 2017 @ 11:55pm CDT
You know what? You're right!
But, what am I supposed to upload on the "Upload File" part? A CV? My works?
Re: Jobs at Boulder Media for Hasbro (1910336)
Posted by Va'al on September 12th, 2017 @ 3:53am CDT
MaverickPrime wrote:You know what? You're right!
But, what am I supposed to upload on the "Upload File" part? A CV? My works?

Probably a portfolio of your work, yes.
Re: Jobs at Boulder Media for Hasbro (1913956)
Posted by Va'al on October 2nd, 2017 @ 7:56am CDT
Continuing in the recruitment for the Animated project for the Hasbro Universe Transformers franchise, Boulder Media Studios are looking for more positions to work in the creative side of the feature movie!

All the positions below require the successful applicants to move to Dublin, Ireland - but if you have what it takes, take a look at the descriptions, and good luck in the application.

As part of Hasbro Entertainment, Boulder Media is building a new feature animation division. We are excited to offer a talented Senior Set Modeler the opportunity to join our very successful and established animation studio as we expand into a new area. We will be producing the first CG theatrical feature film made entirely in Ireland. The movie is based on a very well-known Hasbro property and we can’t wait to bring it to the big screen for the first time.

3D Senior Rigger
Effects Technical Director (FX TD)
Senior Set Modeler
Pipeline Supervisor
Re: Jobs at Boulder Media for Hasbro (1933043)
Posted by Va'al on January 22nd, 2018 @ 1:58pm CST
We have a small update from Irish company Boulder Media - the studio behind Danger Mouse - currently collaborating with Hasbro on the creation of Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy, other animated series in the Hasbro shared Universe (such as Micronauts) and the yet untitled animated feature movie that will serve as a prequel on Cybertron, developed by Hasbro's Allspark Pictures, Paramount, and Boulder Media Studio.

The update, you ask? They're looking for more roles to work on that animated movie project, from concept to Character design, modeling to animation and more - and they're scouting all across Europe for their Dublin based studio! Meaning they'll hit Dublin, London, Paris, Lisbon, Madrid, Milan and Barcelona during February and March. If this is something you might be interested, and live in any of the countries with access to the cities, take a look below at the schedule, and here at the roles.

WE'RE HIRING!! Boulder Media, in partnership with Hasbro, are looking for animation professionals for the first CG feature film to be made in Ireland. Join us for a drink and a chat in a city near you. See you there.

Re: Jobs at Boulder Media for Hasbro (1933047)
Posted by Deadput on January 22nd, 2018 @ 2:04pm CST
I'm looking forward to the prequel very interested on where they go with it, kinda hoping it takes some inspiration from the movie IDW comics but not a copy and paste of the plot.
Re: Jobs at Boulder Media for Hasbro (1933056)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on January 22nd, 2018 @ 2:38pm CST
Re: Jobs at Boulder Media for Hasbro (1933064)
Posted by Lore Keeper on January 22nd, 2018 @ 3:13pm CST
I wouldn't mind them adopting IDW story arcs into animated movies in the same vein as DC.
Re: Jobs at Boulder Media for Hasbro (1933069)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 22nd, 2018 @ 3:20pm CST
Rodimus Knight wrote:I would kind of hope it has nothing to do with the Bay movies, or even the IDW stuff.
From all that's been said of it, it apparently will pertain to the live action movies, serving as a prequel to those set on Cybertron in the past.

Though, when Deadput said "IDW comics", he meant the Movieverse ones that IDW released for the first trilogy, which helped to make that trilogy make more sense until AOE and TLK threw those comics out the window.
Re: Jobs at Boulder Media for Hasbro (1933074)
Posted by Deadput on January 22nd, 2018 @ 3:48pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:

Yeah I don't know what people think I mean when I say "movie IDW comics" that's why I added movie to it.

Also yeah it's gonna be Bay verse related, that's what all the info we have gotten for "Transformers: One" is.
Re: Jobs at Boulder Media for Hasbro (1933163)
Posted by Ultra Markus on January 22nd, 2018 @ 8:18pm CST
i think the movie verse does need some expanding in areas like that ;)^
Re: Jobs at Boulder Media for Hasbro (1933201)
Posted by Octobotimus on January 23rd, 2018 @ 12:59am CST
The main thing i see is a transformers film that's animated, and is set on cybertron. that means one thing to me, NO STUPID HUMANS. the thing I've wanted for so long....
Re: Jobs at Boulder Media for Hasbro (2001263)
Posted by Aimless Misfire on December 27th, 2018 @ 1:34pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:All of this should be seen as a good thing as it shows they are paying attention to what people are saying about bee.

If they're paying attention then people need to start telling them to STOP with this solo 1 character crap & make TRANSFORMERS movies. Transformers was never about 1 character. A whole movie dedicated to Bumblebee shouldn't even exist. We didn't need the Bumblebee origin story from the 2007 movie repeated all over again. Pretty much the same exact thing we already saw with Sam Witwicky has been copied with Charlie. And they shouldn't make a whole movie dedicated to Optimus Prime. Just make Transformers movies, 2 armies of characters at war. Please stop this 1 character solo crap. Where did this idea come from & how do we make it stop??? They can easily tell Optimus Prime's origin story in a flashback that only takes up a few minutes. We don't need an entire movie dedicated to it.
Re: Jobs at Boulder Media for Hasbro (2001264)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 27th, 2018 @ 1:46pm CST
We're getting a movie like that as well, we're just getting extra solo movies to learn more about the characters, other characters will be in their, just think about the titles as who the films focal point is centered on. I mean it's generally easier and more refined to tell a story about one character and tf media has done this in the past, I mean the old G1 cartoon did it all the time
Re: Jobs at Boulder Media for Hasbro (2001267)
Posted by bluecatcinema on December 27th, 2018 @ 2:06pm CST
Kind of like the upcoming IDW reboot. It'll be interesting to compare the two.
Re: Jobs at Boulder Media for Hasbro (2001269)
Posted by william-james88 on December 27th, 2018 @ 2:09pm CST
Randomhero wrote:
leokearon wrote:If they do a animated Cybertron movie it won't have to be in any continuity

That just means it will be all CGI. Something Knight said wanted to make a month ago as a prequel to bumblebee about the war before he decided he wanted to focus on smaller stuff

And it was then already confirmed to be definitely part of the Paramount/Hasbro cinematic universe (just as much as Bumblebee is)
Re: Jobs at Boulder Media for Hasbro (2001274)
Posted by Deadput on December 27th, 2018 @ 2:53pm CST
You know there is a way to some what creatively get a few of Optimus Prime's backstories in one film/story.

Put in most of them! (Yeah I probably lost a few people with that)

Some people go through different jobs in life, the OP movie could partially deal with Optimus trying to find his place in the world prior to becoming the Autobot leader. (And maybe a Prime along the way if were going with the Prime is a rank thing.)

He could start off in life as lowly repair technician like TFA (Probably not something as grand as space bridges), later getting the attention of Alpha Trion who hires him to be a data archiver like TFP, however later on he gains the desire for adventure and glory whether that's inspiration from Megatron or a personal desire (Op doesn't have to be perfect prior to becoming Prime since this is a "heroes journey" type movie) and joins up with some sort of police force or Elite Guard as a cadet like IDW and I guess TFA to an extent, his heroics in the line of duty gets him noticed by the current council or Prime which leads to him getting the official Prime title or a high position which leads to jealousy from Megatron which leads to them to officially break their partner ship, afterwards on Prime has to lie low which he does by becoming a dock worker before being eventually found.

Also had this idea for a Knights of the Round table inspired council of Prime's which would be a group of 13 who are inspired by the legend of the 13 (No actual proof if they actually exist or not in the movie), with different Primes, some being ones we know like Sentinel Prime, Zeta Prime, Star Saber Prime and Nova Prime or some of the Cybertron guys like Override with some new guys like Steelbane Prime (Yes inspired by that TLK toy), a Constructicon Prime and maybe some minor characters who visually take from some of the different Optimus's like RId2001 or Armada.

Optimus would be the newest member and replacing a recently killed member which could either be someone he never met or maybe his mentor Prime like Sentinel or something.

And not every single member would be dead by the time the war starts like say Star Saber who gives up his title to lead an Autobot fleet in space or Override becoming a high ranked soldier.

Anyways I think an Optimus Prime film should not also be the Cybertron war film, I would say leave the War for it's own film besides the start of it and a notable battle or two that way the war can get the screen time it deserves as well as focus on a different cast.
Re: Jobs at Boulder Media for Hasbro (2001278)
Posted by o.supreme on December 27th, 2018 @ 3:02pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Also, this film has been in the works since last year https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... vie/39165/

This is exactly what I was referring to in my last post which got buried as the last post of the previous page. Thanks for finding the link ;)^

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "transformers tfcc tfss 1.0 Breakdown" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Blackout Cyberverse Legends" on EBAY
Buy "TFCC funpub 2013 Transformers club membership Depthcharge Depth Charge botcon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal the Shield 'G2' Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers  Collectors Club Dion - Sealed Unopened with instructions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Reveal the Shield Deluxe Optimus Prime MOSC" on EBAY