John Cena says "Bumblebee" is a "wonderful reboot"

John Cena says "Bumblebee" is a "wonderful reboot"

Tuesday, December 12th, 2017 3:34pm CST

Category: Movie Related News
Posted by: Tyrannacon   Views: 16,789

DigitalSpy just recently shared a brief interview with John Cena while he was promoting his new Ferdinand movie. Ferdinand would be the new animated movie about a cartoon Bull that Cena plays the title character in. Cena discusses what we have come to know about the Bumblebee film. He did confirm that the film is set in the 80's where Bumblebee establishes a friendship with a teenage girl (Hailee Steinfeld) and eventually that runs afoul of a Sector Seven agent, played by Cena who has been rumoured to be playing the Sector Seven Agent role since he was initially announced he had joined the cast of the Bumblebee spin-off.

"It's a bit of a different role," the Ferdinand star and WWE legend told Digital Spy. "I don't wanna confirm a Cena heel-turn, because it's not a full-blown deal like that, but it's damn sure close!" Cena describing the film as "a wonderful reboot of the franchise". Cena added that "It was awesome to be involved with that franchise, and a pleasure to be asked to be part of the movie, but I took the part because it was a challenge for me," he reiterated. "It's something that I haven't been able to showcase, and that I wanted to."

The Bumblebee spin-off film is coming to theaters December 21, 2018. Be sure to mark your calendars if you are interested in it!

Transformers News: John Cena says "Bumblebee" is a "wonderful reboot"

Credit(s): DigitalSpy

Re: John Cena says "Bumblebee" is a "wonderful reboot" (1926325)
Posted by Microraptor on December 12th, 2017 @ 4:38pm CST
Calling it now: He's related to Simmons.
Re: John Cena says "Bumblebee" is a "wonderful reboot" (1926328)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 12th, 2017 @ 5:09pm CST
Microraptor wrote:Calling it now: He's related to Simmons.
His character's last name is Burns.
Re: John Cena says "Bumblebee" is a "wonderful reboot" (1926334)
Posted by Octobotimus on December 12th, 2017 @ 6:04pm CST
Re: John Cena says "Bumblebee" is a "wonderful reboot" (1926336)
Posted by TulioDude on December 12th, 2017 @ 6:19pm CST
Octobotimus wrote:the real question..... why the hell is it taking a year after filming to release it? like, its a much lower budget so its not as large of a scale..... and they finished filming.... so how the frick is a full year needed?

Bexause they have to finish post-production(animating the robots,make sure the sound is fine and thr scenes are sharp)
Most movies nowdays,fo through a similar process.
Re: John Cena says "Bumblebee" is a "wonderful reboot" (1926337)
Posted by Octobotimus on December 12th, 2017 @ 6:21pm CST
Re: John Cena says "Bumblebee" is a "wonderful reboot" (1926359)
Posted by Burn on December 12th, 2017 @ 9:28pm CST
Octobotimus wrote:i know that, yet from what i remember the other Tf films came out way earlier after filming than a year.....

I would imagine it's because there's too much earlier in the year to compete against.

At least December, it's only opening against Aquaman.
Re: John Cena says "Bumblebee" is a "wonderful reboot" (1926372)
Posted by WreckerJack on December 13th, 2017 @ 12:10am CST
But what if Cena gives Megatron an attitude adjustment through a table?

BAH GAWD that Decepticon had a family dammit!
Re: John Cena says "Bumblebee" is a "wonderful reboot" (1926392)
Posted by King Kuuga on December 13th, 2017 @ 6:29am CST

That's normal for these big budget blockbusters. Post production takes about a year. But also, they bookmark a certain weekend that they consider ideal for their release, and they need time to market that weekend and the film in advance of the release. At a certain point it doesn't matter how soon before the release date the movie is finished editing, the date is set and it's a waiting game.
Re: John Cena says "Bumblebee" is a "wonderful reboot" (1926393)
Posted by Chibi Starscream on December 13th, 2017 @ 6:31am CST
Re: John Cena says "Bumblebee" is a "wonderful reboot" (1926401)
Posted by Rated X on December 13th, 2017 @ 8:20am CST
Chibi Starscream wrote:Thank goodness I'm getting a movie theater built in my neighborhood! I've been theaterically starved since 2015. The last movie I saw in a theater was Jurassic World. Now this theater should be open in time to see Jurassic World 2. Lmao.

People on here talk about not having a TRU close to them....but a movie theater? Im so curious, I gotta ask, where do you live?

On topic, Cena better do at least one wrestling move in the movie or we riot!
Re: John Cena says "Bumblebee" is a "wonderful reboot" (1926408)
Posted by Chibi Starscream on December 13th, 2017 @ 10:14am CST
Rated X wrote:

On topic, Cena better do at least one wrestling move in the movie or we riot!

A small town in Texas. And yah, John Cena gotta do it!
Re: John Cena says "Bumblebee" is a "wonderful reboot" (1926490)
Posted by Rated X on December 13th, 2017 @ 3:28pm CST
Chibi Starscream wrote:
Rated X wrote:

On topic, Cena better do at least one wrestling move in the movie or we riot!

A small town in Texas. And yah, John Cena gotta do it!

Gotcha. Im in Miami so im not really used to the small town life. Honestly only seen towns like that in the movies. But yeah maybe well be lucky and get a "you cant see me" hand swipe outta Cena in the movie. But Vince probably has trademark on that so probably not. John Cena is actually very fortunate to be one of the few wrestlers to be marketed with his real name. That means he can ride off of WWE fame in non wrestling ventures without having to pay Vince a dime. Notice how Duane Johnson movies never say "The Rock" in the posters.
Re: John Cena says "Bumblebee" is a "wonderful reboot" (1927105)
Posted by Va'al on December 17th, 2017 @ 1:42pm CST
We have a new clip featuring an interview with the main character in the upcoming Bumblebee: The Movie, the first spin-off of the live-action Paramount Transformers movie universe, or rather, the actor interpreting her - Hailee Steinfeld - as she currently promotes Pitch Perfect 3. In the video, which you can see embedded below from Yahoo! Movies, Steinfeld talks about Charlie Watson, her relationship with the other members of the cast and crew - especially director Travis Knight.

She also mentions how much she enjoyed working with the director, and the challenge of working with characters that are not present on the screen pre-production, and the influence of the music of the 1980s - as seen in the first image shared by her featuring Motorhead, plus the thrill of being the first to share the first image from the set way back when. Find out more below!

video
Re: John Cena says "Bumblebee" is a "wonderful reboot" (1927537)
Posted by Va'al on December 21st, 2017 @ 5:42am CST
In another interview with actor interpreting the main character of the upcoming live-action Transformers spin-off Bumblebee: The Movie, Hailee Steinfeld talked to Collider about Charlie Watson, her relationship with Bumblebee and to other Transformers movies - in terms of relationships, production, and other aspects of the craft. Check out the relevant sections of the interview copied below, and the piece in its entirety right here!

What is that like going to this huge, big budget…

Steinfeld: It’s not even that. Going from a movie being one of ten females, one of a million cast members to like me and a tennis ball on a stick was quite a shock, but one of the challenges I was willing to accept. It was really incredible. I worked with Travis Knight, who directed [Bumblebee]. It was interesting – with his background in animation, he had a clear end result visually what this film could be. It was nice to have someone who had that because I could use my imagination until the end of the day but it could be something completely different than what they’re thinking. He created these pre-viz for every action sequence that involves the Transformers. I could see it out. He was amazing and the whole experience was really cool. I can’t wait to see it.

How does it compare to other Transformers movies?

Steinfeld: It takes place in the 80s, of course. And it’s very character and storyline driven, which is a bit different, but it still has the elements that Transformers fans love and will see in the movie.

Who do you play?

Steinfeld: I play a character named Charlie Watson, who is a mechanic. She’s in high school… [She’s] incredibly unique and strong and has – something I love about her is that a lot of people tend to underestimate her knowledge and she continuously proves herself and what she knows and creates this incredible relationship with this Transformer.

Is it similar to the relationship Shia LaBeouf had with Bumblebee in Transformers?

Steinfeld: It is in that Bumblebee is the same. He is who he is – that lovable, gentle giant who truly cares. I’m somebody who makes this discovery and is looking for someone to listen to me and to love me and to hear me and that happens to be where he fills the gap.

Re: John Cena says "Bumblebee" is a "wonderful reboot" (1927559)
Posted by TulioDude on December 21st, 2017 @ 10:08am CST
She seems excited for the film.I have fatih in this team.
Re: John Cena says "Bumblebee" is a "wonderful reboot" (1927723)
Posted by Bronzewolf on December 22nd, 2017 @ 1:22pm CST
The upcoming Transformers Film Bumblebee:The Movie finished filming a little while ago, and we now see that the cast and crew are receiving their parting gifts as a thank you for their work. One such member of the team is Rory Markham, who posted on his instagram earlier this week about what he received for filming. In the photo below, he shows off a Bumblebee-branded thermos, shirt, a hat with Bumblebee's face on the front, and what looks like it might be a note from Hailee Steinfeld, the film's star. It's unknown at this time if any of these items will become mass-market items for public purchase, but it's unlikely. Check out the photo he posted below, with his caption.

Just recieved my wrap gift from the crew at #bumblebee thanks guys.
Re: John Cena says "Bumblebee" is a "wonderful reboot" (1927750)
Posted by Regimus Prime on December 22nd, 2017 @ 6:00pm CST
I'm going to need that hat and shirt to coordinate with my 2010 Transformers Edition Camaro. :BOT:
Re: John Cena says "Bumblebee" is a "wonderful reboot" (1927755)
Posted by LevelRage on December 22nd, 2017 @ 6:59pm CST
Aw, that's cute.
Re: John Cena says "Bumblebee" is a "wonderful reboot" (1927937)
Posted by Bronzewolf on December 24th, 2017 @ 2:19am CST
As the minutes tick by getting us closer to the release of Bumblebee: The Movie early next year, we see more and more news regarding it break. Such is the case today, when ComicBookMovie.com published a brand new interview with the film's director Travis Knight, including a new official promotional image, to boot! You can find the interview below:
I wanted to approach this massive, expansive franchise and really focus in on a tiny corner of the canvas. Everything I've tried to do at Laika, searching for an artful blend of darkness and light, intensity and warmth, humour and heart, I wanted to bring to the Transformers franchise
...
At its core it's just a beautiful love story between two broken souls who find each other and heal each other," he adds. "I grew up loving those classic Spielbergian Amblin films. And we're trying to evoke that kind of emotion in this movie, fusing a rich coming-of-age story with some sci-fi insanity.

You can also find that new image below, featuring the film's lead actress Hailee Steinfeld and the film's lead and titular robot below! This is one of the first official images we've received showing off Bumblebee's new old alt mode, returning to the Volkswagen Beetle for the first time since the G1 cartoon. Check it out below!

Re: John Cena says "Bumblebee" is a "wonderful reboot" (1927942)
Posted by ImAWalkingCorpse on December 24th, 2017 @ 3:26am CST
I am cautiously excited for this movie.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters - Ultra Magnus - Voyager Autobot 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Beast Hunters Leader Class Optimus Prime Dragon Assault 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Zeta Toys EX-06O Oriprime Optimus Prime MP Scale Toy Transformers MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ripclaw" on EBAY