John Moschitta Will be Attending BotCon 2015

John Moschitta Will be Attending BotCon 2015

Thursday, April 23rd, 2015 11:45pm CDT

Category: Event News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 15,867

Another Generation 1 voice actor has been announced for BotCon 2015 and this guy is pretty quick. John Moschitta who voiced G1 Blurr and Animated Blurr and is also well known for being the Micro Machine man will be appearing at the convention.

BotCon wrote: We are excited to announce that John Moschitta, Jr. will be making his first BotCon appearance since 2000! Fans will recognize John as the voice of BOTH the G1 version of Autobot Blurr and also as the Blurr from Transformers: Animated. People across the world know John as the fastest talking man alive, having appeared in a wide variety of advertising campaigns, movies, talk shows and live events (including performing for eight U.S. Presidents!) Don’t miss this opportunity to meet John at BotCon 2015! All autographs and pictures with John are INCLUDED as part of the Primus, Protoform and Mini-con packages!

Credit(s): BotCon 2015

Re: John Moschitta Will be Attending BotCon 2015 (1678568)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 23rd, 2015 @ 11:51pm CDT
And it so happens that this announcement comes a mere day or to before the Rescue Bots episode that introduces that version of Blurr airs on TV.
Re: John Moschitta Will be Attending BotCon 2015 (1679000)
Posted by Ultra Markus on April 24th, 2015 @ 8:30pm CDT
i remember those micro machines commercials John Moschitta was in
Re: John Moschitta Will be Attending BotCon 2015 (1679216)
Posted by ScottyP on April 25th, 2015 @ 11:17am CDT
Genericon #378 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Genericon #378 wrote:Oh, and add the 'Cybertron's Most Wanted' box set on there,
That already comes with the registration package.

Alright, I forgot about that. But still, I'd be paying A LOT.

As someone that's been to a lot of Botcons now, there's a simple way of putting it: Botcon is (insert curse word of choice here) expensive.
Re: John Moschitta Will be Attending BotCon 2015 (1679282)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on April 25th, 2015 @ 3:17pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Genericon #378 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
That already comes with the registration package.

Alright, I forgot about that. But still, I'd be paying A LOT.

Insert curse word here? Meekrob.
Re: John Moschitta Will be Attending BotCon 2015 (1679422)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 26th, 2015 @ 12:39am CDT
Jesse Wittenrich explains the high price for the Frank Welker VIP Pass:
Frank Welker isn't like the other guests that BotCon has hosted. As in he has a price tag about ten times as high as other actors.

Consider this is a test. If a model like this works, then other high priced guests can be considered. Your George Takeis, Judd Nelsons, etc.

All of the other guests will still be free to attendees to get autographs from. Or $20 a day for walk-ins to visit as many times as they want.
Re: John Moschitta Will be Attending BotCon 2015 (1679425)
Posted by Inaction on April 26th, 2015 @ 1:15am CDT
Re: John Moschitta Will be Attending BotCon 2015 (1679515)
Posted by -Soundwave- on April 26th, 2015 @ 10:58am CDT
Inaction wrote:I'm in/around the Chicago area and I am rather excited that BotCon is coming our way. I had thought about maybe going for like a day or so, but I was rather curious to see who else would be going, like as a group or something. I'd hate to go by myself without some buddies to meet up with.

Yeah I'm going, and I only know 2-3 people I mean really know them who are also going. Be nice to tag a few names to faces finally.
Re: John Moschitta Will be Attending BotCon 2015 (1679807)
Posted by ScottyP on April 27th, 2015 @ 8:27am CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Insert curse word here? Meekrob.

Time to get the Rock Lord that turns into the runestone!
Re: John Moschitta Will be Attending BotCon 2015 (1679809)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on April 27th, 2015 @ 8:35am CDT
ScottyP wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Insert curse word here? Meekrob.

Time to get the Rock Lord that turns into the runestone!

Re: John Moschitta Will be Attending BotCon 2015 (1680319)
Posted by First Gen on April 28th, 2015 @ 8:40pm CDT
Botcon brochure went live all. Check it out: http://WWW.BOTCON.COM
Re: John Moschitta Will be Attending BotCon 2015 (1680321)
Posted by It Is Him on April 28th, 2015 @ 8:43pm CDT
Guys! Omg! Trivia! Who wants to form a Seibertron.com trivia team?
Re: John Moschitta Will be Attending BotCon 2015 (1680324)
Posted by Seibertron on April 28th, 2015 @ 8:55pm CDT
Earlier this evening, the brochure for BotCon 2015 was posted on BotCon.com. We have mirrored a copy of the brochure on Seibertron.com for your convenience.

BotCon.com wrote:We are very pleased to announce that the 2015 BotCon Information Brochure is now available ONLINE! Check out all the package details and special events from the Information menu button along the left side of the page. Transformers fans will not want to miss this exciting official event!

Please review the information brochure and if you have any questions, please contact us by email at: admin@funpubinc.com and we will create a FAQ page!

Here is a brief summary of the various packages available this year. All prices listed below are for Club members. Non-Club member prices are additional. please see brochure for further details.

• Primus Package ($409)- This is the primary package if you are interested in obtaining this year's exclusives. It includes Cybertron: Most Wanted Set with Oilmaster, Megatron, Battletrap, Packrat, and Stepper, plus a bonus figure that is not available with non-attendee packages.
  • Mini-Con Package ($120)
  • Protoform Package ($195)
  • Iacon Package ($409) - This is the non-attendee package, excludes the bonus figure.
  • Golden Ticket Upgrade ($400) - for people who like to be first!
  • Frank Welker VIP Pass ($200) - This package upgrade allows access to Frank Welker. This cost is in addition to Primus or Golden Ticket Primus packages.

Exhibitor booths are $450. Single tables are $275. Artists Alley booths are available for $225.

Please join our discussion on our Energon Pub forums to ask questions or share your excitement about our annual pilgrimage to BotCon! See you in June my fellow Seibertronians!

Re: John Moschitta Will be Attending BotCon 2015 (1680347)
Posted by philswitch engage on April 28th, 2015 @ 10:04pm CDT
The mob tour event feels a little insulting
Re: John Moschitta Will be Attending BotCon 2015 (1680356)
Posted by philswitch engage on April 28th, 2015 @ 10:25pm CDT
I was just sent an email from the questions@botcon.com stating that an email will be sent out before registration goes live.
Re: John Moschitta Will be Attending BotCon 2015 (1680375)
Posted by Seibertron on April 28th, 2015 @ 10:57pm CDT
Has anyone been able to actually book a room with Pheasant Run? I've been trying via the phone and through their website since October with no luck. I was not able to call them until after TFcon weekend.
Re: John Moschitta Will be Attending BotCon 2015 (1680409)
Posted by Trikeboy on April 29th, 2015 @ 6:25am CDT
The cost of the convention is getting out of hand. $409 even if you cant attend? The last one I got was about $300 and even then I was hesitant. If these toys are driving up cost, they should scale the box set down. Since I only wanted Battletrap, I'll get him on ebay, along with whatever they want for Flywheels.
Re: John Moschitta Will be Attending BotCon 2015 (1680413)
Posted by First Gen on April 29th, 2015 @ 6:57am CDT
Another thing to note: no items that infringe on Hasbro Intellectual Properties are allowed. No 3rd party Figures in the dealer room.
Re: John Moschitta Will be Attending BotCon 2015 (1680414)
Posted by redoutlander on April 29th, 2015 @ 7:06am CDT

Wha'why? Is this just standard Club shenanigans, or am I missing something?
Re: John Moschitta Will be Attending BotCon 2015 (1680437)
Posted by Seibertron on April 29th, 2015 @ 8:38am CDT
redoutlander wrote:I am a club member but, I've never attended Botcon so please excuse my ignorance. I like a few of the Cybertron Most wanted Figures but noticed that the Iacon package cost $409, I assume this does NOT include shipping. Also, The Primus Package is $409 and it includes Cyberton's Most Wanted, entry to the event itself, AND an additional figure!

Wha'why? Is this just standard Club shenanigans, or am I missing something?

It's to encourage people to attend the event, which is the primary purpose of these exclusives.

If I ran BotCon, I'd immediately do away with non-attendee packages because I feel it creates an environment where people feel like they don't have to attend the event to get the exclusives. It seems extremely counter-productive to me to have sets available for people who aren't attending an event. Non-attending figures should be available only after the event if there is any stock left over. I would also reveal all of the available exclusives except for the "freebie" figure to help encourage people to attend.
Re: John Moschitta Will be Attending BotCon 2015 (1680461)
Posted by Trikeboy on April 29th, 2015 @ 10:28am CDT
Seibertron wrote:

Wha'why? Is this just standard Club shenanigans, or am I missing something?

Thats all and good for American attendees but those of us overseas who cant afford flights, hotels, then a $400 ticket price to get exclusives, non attending packs are great. I've wanted to go to Botcon for over a decade and hoped to make it this year but that is too much. Ebay sellers will have that set going For over $500.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers-  Combiner Wars- Aerialbots (Superion)- Air Raid Skydive Firefly" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Series Action Figure: LG23 Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers -Combiner Wars- Optimus Maximus - Ironhide Prowl Mirage Sunstreaker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Soundblaster with Buzzsaw Figure MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Authentic Transformers Bombshell Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG20 Skids" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS **KINGDOM WFC-K9 CYCLONUS NEW** VOYAGER CLASS GENERATIONS SIEGE" on EBAY