JustiToys Hybrid Style Dinobots Still in the Works?

JustiToys Hybrid Style Dinobots Still in the Works?

Wednesday, March 9th, 2011 7:07pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 38,937

Remember way back in 2009 when third party toy maker JustiToys teased us with the prospect of Dinobots in hybrid style? We haven't heard anything since and most assumed the idea had been scrapped, but JustiToys recently updated their website with another teaser image. The 2009 teaser image featured the silhouette of Dinobot Snarl standing next to the silhouette of THS-02 Convoy. The new teaser features concept sketches of Snarl labeled "Project 2011". Are the Hybrid Style Dinobots back on the table?

Credit(s): JustiToys

Re: JustiToys Hybrid Style Dinobots Still in the Works? (1192577)
Posted by Iron Prime on March 9th, 2011 @ 7:20pm CST
Guess I better start saving....
Re: JustiToys Hybrid Style Dinobots Still in the Works? (1192582)
Posted by Astronopolis on March 9th, 2011 @ 7:26pm CST
I'm conflicted about this. I want more Dinobots, but Slag(?) looks like he tops out at 6" tall max considering H.S. Convoy is just over 4". I'm not against Deluxe size Dinobots, but I will have to see the price

EDIT: did some rudimentary calculations by measuring the silhouettes on screen, and scaling them up to real size proportionally, and came up with the dinobot coming out to around 5.6 inches tall
Re: JustiToys Hybrid Style Dinobots Still in the Works? (1192584)
Posted by JERRYUS PRIME on March 9th, 2011 @ 7:27pm CST
Re: JustiToys Hybrid Style Dinobots Still in the Works? (1192586)
Posted by Kibble on March 9th, 2011 @ 7:29pm CST
I could care less about Hybrid Style, but if he works with Classics Grimlock, I'm all over it!
Re: JustiToys Hybrid Style Dinobots Still in the Works? (1192587)
Posted by Mkall on March 9th, 2011 @ 7:30pm CST
If its close to Deluxe size (hopefully larger) I'll grab them in a heartbeat.

A couple things to consider when noting scale in that pic:

1) It's a 3d shillouette of Snarl vs a 2D image of Prime
2) Snarl has one leg bent.

In other words it's still too early to really say how large it is.
Re: JustiToys Hybrid Style Dinobots Still in the Works? (1192590)
Posted by JERRYUS PRIME on March 9th, 2011 @ 7:34pm CST
nevermind they are going to be at lease 6"in very small for dino bots but stilla great idea they sould have made them voger size
Re: JustiToys Hybrid Style Dinobots Still in the Works? (1192593)
Posted by kara82 on March 9th, 2011 @ 7:37pm CST
He is going to be the size of most deluxe size figures. the picture shows him to be about 2 inches taller than Prime, and as stated earlier in the thread, THS-02 Convoy is about 4 - 4.5 inches tall. :grin:
Re: JustiToys Hybrid Style Dinobots Still in the Works? (1192594)
Posted by Trikeboy on March 9th, 2011 @ 7:40pm CST
Oh heck yeah, I am so sold on this. Snarl was my only Dinobot growing up and I can't wait for this little guy.

JERRYUS PRIME wrote:iam so getting :BOOM: this at last some dinobots i always thougt hasbro would do them all but i guess they wont..i dont own a ths-02 prime so can anyone tell me how big his going to be is snarl the size of a universe inferno or the size of fansproject city commander???

I have a ths-02 Prime but not at hand unfortunately. However, if my memory is correct, the shillouette of ths-02 Prime is 1:1 in scale. He was really small, hehe.
Re: JustiToys Hybrid Style Dinobots Still in the Works? (1192605)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on March 9th, 2011 @ 7:53pm CST
Please, remind me what hybrid style is again?
Re: JustiToys Hybrid Style Dinobots Still in the Works? (1192608)
Posted by IceWilly on March 9th, 2011 @ 8:02pm CST
I'll wait to see the price and quality... but that said there will definitely be some form of updated dinobots in the next two years. Theres not too many glaring holes in the classics, and the dinobots are a perfect target for FP or another group, since once you get one and its good... they have people hooked for the whole team of them.

Either way, I am excited to see how they materialize when they finally do. Until then I wait patiently
Re: JustiToys Hybrid Style Dinobots Still in the Works? (1192610)
Posted by Tigertrack on March 9th, 2011 @ 8:05pm CST
Hybrid style means ultra-poseable, and super-detailed. I would have to suppose it's a hybrid of the G1 toy, and what you see on the cartoon and in media that they can do.

I am happy to know this is still happening. I hope we at least get Snarl before they can it.
Re: JustiToys Hybrid Style Dinobots Still in the Works? (1192618)
Posted by Trikeboy on March 9th, 2011 @ 8:11pm CST
godzillabot wrote:Please, remind me what hybrid style is again?

Hybrid Style was a super posable version of Galaxy Force Prime and G1 Prime. They were pretty good. You can see a pic here, it is circled in red.

Re: JustiToys Hybrid Style Dinobots Still in the Works? (1192634)
Posted by Sodan-1 on March 9th, 2011 @ 8:35pm CST
Mixed feelings about this. I'm very happy that a company is finally giving the other Dinobots some love, but I've just replaced my Classics Grimlock with his Masterpiece-self so anything smaller than a voyager is unlikely to strike a chord with me.
Re: JustiToys Hybrid Style Dinobots Still in the Works? (1192651)
Posted by MGrotusque on March 9th, 2011 @ 9:03pm CST
One of my biggest TF dreams is to get an updated Snarl!

He's my favorite Dinobot figure.
Re: JustiToys Hybrid Style Dinobots Still in the Works? (1192660)
Posted by Blozor on March 9th, 2011 @ 9:21pm CST
I was just thinking that I hope some third party ends up making Classics-style Dinobots. This will do just as nicely unless FansProject makes Dinobots to go with their Insecticons or TFClub makes Dinobots to go with their Constructicons. If they include a hybrid Grimlock I'm so there, because I wasn't particularly impressed with Classics Grimlock's robot mode.
Re: JustiToys Hybrid Style Dinobots Still in the Works? (1192706)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on March 9th, 2011 @ 10:32pm CST
Trikeboy wrote:
godzillabot wrote:Please, remind me what hybrid style is again?

Cool, but like every cool TF ever made its probably incredibly expensive.
Re: JustiToys Hybrid Style Dinobots Still in the Works? (1192712)
Posted by Tigertrack on March 9th, 2011 @ 10:41pm CST
godzillabot wrote:
Trikeboy wrote:
godzillabot wrote:Please, remind me what hybrid style is again?

Cool, but like every cool TF ever made its probably incredibly expensive.

Not EVERY cool TF ever made is incredibly expensive. Some can be bought for a mere $10.
Re: JustiToys Hybrid Style Dinobots Still in the Works? (1192717)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on March 9th, 2011 @ 10:55pm CST
tigertracks 24 wrote:
godzillabot wrote:
Trikeboy wrote:
godzillabot wrote:Please, remind me what hybrid style is again?

Cool, but like every cool TF ever made its probably incredibly expensive.

I stand corected TT 24
Re: JustiToys Hybrid Style Dinobots Still in the Works? (1192729)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on March 9th, 2011 @ 11:20pm CST
Unless their remolding them to make the Geisters of Brave Exkaiser (Which I hope they do), then I'll probably just get Grimlock. :-?
Re: JustiToys Hybrid Style Dinobots Still in the Works? (1192735)
Posted by Rated X on March 9th, 2011 @ 11:28pm CST
What in the blue hell is "Hybrid Style" ???

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots SALVAGE Recycling Truck Rare" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Netflix Quintesson Deseeus Army Drone NEW-IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Berserker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal the Shield 'G2' Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Used Build A Bear Transformers Optimus Prime Bear Mask Flips Over Head 17'" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Movie B-127 Deluxe Class Studio Series SS-70" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Reveal the Shield Deluxe Optimus Prime MOSC" on EBAY