Kabaya Gum Transformers DX Fortress Maximus Metalic Version Revealed

Kabaya Gum Transformers DX Fortress Maximus Metalic Version Revealed

Friday, April 22nd, 2016 9:37am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 34,553

2016 is the year of Fortress Maximus' comeback and it shows. Not only are we getting three versions of the Titans Return toy (Hasbro, Takara, SDCC) but we are getting a rerelease of the Kabaya Gum kit that came out in 2012. This rerelease features a metalic finish, thus being called "Transformers DX Fortress Maximus Metalic Version" in the new HLJ listing. For those unaware, this is a small licensed model kit that must be put together. It also comes with gum so that it can be sold as a food item and circumvent certain japan grocery store policies. This kit is on preorder for ¥3,780 (about 35$ US) with an August 2016 release date.

Transformers News: Kabaya Gum Transformers DX Fortress Maximus Metalic Version Revealed

Credit(s): HLJ

Re: Kabaya Gum Transformers DX Fortress Maximus Metalic Version Revealed (1783492)
Posted by griftimus prime on April 22nd, 2016 @ 9:42am CDT
legs to the max
Re: Kabaya Gum Transformers DX Fortress Maximus Metalic Version Revealed (1783498)
Posted by Randomhero on April 22nd, 2016 @ 10:18am CDT
That's pretty awesome they're making him. I like a smaller scale fort max. Only thing I've had close is a KO I found at a store once. Surprisingly for a KO it still holds up and it's a broken mess.
Re: Kabaya Gum Transformers DX Fortress Maximus Metalic Version Revealed (1783510)
Posted by Marcdachamp on April 22nd, 2016 @ 11:16am CDT

Are these coming in three packs sold in cases of 5? I still have two extras from the original.
Re: Kabaya Gum Transformers DX Fortress Maximus Metalic Version Revealed (1783512)
Posted by william-james88 on April 22nd, 2016 @ 11:17am CDT
Marcdachamp wrote:I have the original, and he's pretty great. Putting him together was a bit of a pain, but I was mostly happy with the end result (not super fond of some of the stickers, particularly on Cerebros).

looks like its a case of 6.
Re: Kabaya Gum Transformers DX Fortress Maximus Metalic Version Revealed (1783591)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on April 22nd, 2016 @ 4:03pm CDT
how tall is this? =P~
Re: Kabaya Gum Transformers DX Fortress Maximus Metalic Version Revealed (1783593)
Posted by william-james88 on April 22nd, 2016 @ 4:13pm CDT
BERSEKAEL wrote:how tall is this? =P~

As tall as a G1 original Headmaster

What you will love though are the smaller TFs it comes with. There is an actual Powerglide that is in scale within the legion class. https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q= ... 5911105594
Re: Kabaya Gum Transformers DX Fortress Maximus Metalic Version Revealed (1783604)
Posted by .... on April 22nd, 2016 @ 5:02pm CDT
Aww man this looks cool! :D
Re: Kabaya Gum Transformers DX Fortress Maximus Metalic Version Revealed (1783612)
Posted by Burn on April 22nd, 2016 @ 5:23pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:Aww man this looks cool! :D

Kabaya kits are awesome fun. Sure they can be time consuming to put together, and sure, you have to partially disassemble them to transform them, and sure, putting the stickers on, especially the face ones, can be fucking annoying ... fuck it. I don't know why I like them after all that but I do. :lol:
Re: Kabaya Gum Transformers DX Fortress Maximus Metalic Version Revealed (1783645)
Posted by .... on April 22nd, 2016 @ 9:25pm CDT
Burn wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:Aww man this looks cool! :D

Kabaya kits are awesome fun. Sure they can be time consuming to put together, and sure, you have to partially disassemble them to transform them, and sure, putting the stickers on, especially the face ones, can be **** annoying ... **** it. I don't know why I like them after all that but I do. :lol:

Actually, Fort Max here doesn't look like he needs to be taken apart really to transform him. Personally, I think he looks better than Titans Return FM, even though the TR one is probably the one I'd get. :-P
Re: Kabaya Gum Transformers DX Fortress Maximus Metalic Version Revealed (1783648)
Posted by Burn on April 22nd, 2016 @ 9:32pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:
Burn wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:Aww man this looks cool! :D

They don't have to be taken apart completely, only certain bits taken off and placed elsewhere.

For example, G1 Optimus Prime - In robot mode you remove his lower forearms, fold the upper arms/shoulders back around (same as the original G1 figure) then reattach the lower forearms, though they're on a different peg at the elbow. Everything else transforms the same, just the lower forearms.
Re: Kabaya Gum Transformers DX Fortress Maximus Metalic Version Revealed (1783651)
Posted by william-james88 on April 22nd, 2016 @ 9:42pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:
Burn wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:Aww man this looks cool! :D

These figures arent articulated much so oftentimes you have to take them apart to place the parts back in the proper place even if its just a different angle.
Re: Kabaya Gum Transformers DX Fortress Maximus Metalic Version Revealed (1783657)
Posted by .... on April 22nd, 2016 @ 10:15pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:
Burn wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:Aww man this looks cool! :D

Yeah I just wish that these alt modes were integrated well into the new Titans Return one. :( Oh well...

If this one proves to be a good set, I just maybe will pick it up. It depends though. I am kinda in a g1 mood right now anyhow. :-P
Re: Kabaya Gum Transformers DX Fortress Maximus Metalic Version Revealed (1783663)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 22nd, 2016 @ 10:46pm CDT
To see the kit in action:

Courtesy of Youheidx.
Re: Kabaya Gum Transformers DX Fortress Maximus Metalic Version Revealed (1784068)
Posted by ausbot on April 25th, 2016 @ 2:12am CDT
I have the original and it is fantastic, but I wish they had done grand maximus.
Re: Kabaya Gum Transformers DX Fortress Maximus Metalic Version Revealed (1787189)
Posted by Kyleor on May 6th, 2016 @ 9:26am CDT
BBTS has the boxes on clearance now. Just finished the ones I got. Not originally a fan of the idea of putting together Transformers but these model kits are very fun so far (I've been getting Arms Micron kits too).
Re: Kabaya Gum Transformers DX Fortress Maximus Metalic Version Revealed (1814634)
Posted by william-james88 on August 12th, 2016 @ 12:38pm CDT
Seibertron's Japanese correspondant Matt has just found Kabaya's Metallic Fortress Maximus for ¥560 at a local candy store.

Matt wrote:You have to collect 3 boxes to complete Fort Max. I got the Sky Base and Powerglide set. It also says the body and stickers are metallic, making him different from the previous releases.

Comes with a mini Charger and a mini Power Glide

He sent some images to give us an idea of what the metallic finish looks like. Enjoy and let us know if it looks different enough from the original to want to double dip.

Re: Kabaya Gum Transformers DX Fortress Maximus Metalic Version Revealed (1814644)
Posted by Kurona on August 12th, 2016 @ 1:03pm CDT
How does this guy have better base modes than TR
Re: Kabaya Gum Transformers DX Fortress Maximus Metalic Version Revealed (1814648)
Posted by william-james88 on August 12th, 2016 @ 1:12pm CDT
Kurona wrote:How does this guy have better base modes than TR

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Because he is based on a better toy :lol: :lol:
Re: Kabaya Gum Transformers DX Fortress Maximus Metalic Version Revealed (1814663)
Posted by camzilla51 on August 12th, 2016 @ 2:03pm CDT
Is that paint?! :shock:

I mean I remember my kabaya fort max has only stickers for details, but it does look like powerglide has blue eyes and Max has a painted face! :-?

I wanna see more!
Re: Kabaya Gum Transformers DX Fortress Maximus Metalic Version Revealed (1814669)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 12th, 2016 @ 2:19pm CDT
camzilla51 wrote:Is that paint?! :shock:

I wanna see more!

Don't get too excited. By nature model kits come completely bare, no paint, no stickers. Any paint is added on by the buyer and is no part of the set itself.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Takara Exclusive Generations Fall Of Cybertron Voyager Blaster" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall of Cybertron BLASTER" on EBAY
Buy "Hero Mashers Transformers Beast Hunters Series Starscream Hasbro Kids Toy Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations FOC Fall of Cybertron Starscream Figure Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed #2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream - deluxe" on EBAY