Tuesday, January 31st, 2012 4:58am CST

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 27,597

Seibertron.com sponsor TFSource has listed preorders for the next wave of Transformers Kabaya Candy Kits. It looks like this time around they pull again from the Victory portion of the Transformers mythos for Deszaras. Also included in the wave is WFC Optimus Prime and more.

Preorders are also up for the next Kabaya combiner wave which includes Gaia Guardian.

Seibertron.com: The Ultimate Transformers Resource

Credit(s): TFSource

Re: Kabaya Wave 5 to Include WFC Optimus Prime and Deszaras - Also Gaia Guardian Wave (1340584)
Posted by freaky777 on January 31st, 2012 @ 5:31am CST
Wow! Have to say some of these are better than the Legion/Legends class figures we're getting, looking at WFC prime. Wow just wow.
Re: Kabaya Wave 5 to Include WFC Optimus Prime and Deszaras - Also Gaia Guardian Wave (1340587)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on January 31st, 2012 @ 6:27am CST
Love that they made his wings point to the sides like in the show, I don't think the G1 toy could do that(Can anyone confirm that for me?), though it doesn't look like he has the sword/scimitar from the show, I'll probably look for one when he comes out. :D
Re: Kabaya Wave 5 to Include WFC Optimus Prime and Deszaras - Also Gaia Guardian Wave (1340596)
Posted by munkimus prime on January 31st, 2012 @ 6:58am CST
Oh my I do want. :grin:

I also hope the new Gaia combiner holds together better than Gaiacross does.
Re: Kabaya Wave 5 to Include WFC Optimus Prime and Deszaras - Also Gaia Guardian Wave (1340598)
Posted by Down_Shift on January 31st, 2012 @ 7:07am CST
Love me some Kabaya figures! What I really like about wave five (aside from Prime & Deszaras) is that it includes Hotspot, and a seperate wave within a wave of this Gaia Guardian. Looks to me like Blades, First-Aid, Groove, and Streetwise will be able to combine with Hotspot!

That way if your don't care foe "Gaia Guardian" you can have him merged as Defensor!
Re: Kabaya Wave 5 to Include WFC Optimus Prime and Deszaras - Also Gaia Guardian Wave (1340602)
Posted by WolfDawg on January 31st, 2012 @ 7:19am CST
Re: Kabaya Wave 5 to Include WFC Optimus Prime and Deszaras - Also Gaia Guardian Wave (1340605)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on January 31st, 2012 @ 7:29am CST
WolfDawg wrote:Never had any interest in these figures, but I wouldn't mind getting a Deszaras. Anybody care to tell me how big they are?

About Scout sized in robot mode, thought they were smaller before I bought any. :-B
Re: Kabaya Wave 5 to Include WFC Optimus Prime and Deszaras - Also Gaia Guardian Wave (1340613)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 31st, 2012 @ 7:51am CST
A Defensor homage? GIMME! :KREMZEEK:
Re: Kabaya Wave 5 to Include WFC Optimus Prime and Deszaras - Also Gaia Guardian Wave (1340638)
Posted by Arrancon on January 31st, 2012 @ 9:05am CST
Isn't that Deathsaurus, not "Deszarius"?
Re: Kabaya Wave 5 to Include WFC Optimus Prime and Deszaras - Also Gaia Guardian Wave (1340645)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 31st, 2012 @ 9:16am CST
OneConArmy wrote:Isn't that Deathsaurus, not "Deszarius"?

In before Sabrblade!

Actually, it's not. "Deszaras" is a nonsensical name in Japanese, having no root meaning whatsoever. As such a logical transliteration into English is impossible. "Deathsaurus" is the most logical sounding attempt even though it's incorrect: the Japanese would have spelled out De-su-za-u-ru-su, or "Deszaurus". Completely different word.
It's likely "Deszaras" is based on a naming scheme for so-called Kaiju, like Godzilla (or "Gojira" for your purists), since that's what he supposedly represents: a monstrous toothed bird with wings.
Re: Kabaya Wave 5 to Include WFC Optimus Prime and Deszaras - Also Gaia Guardian Wave (1340649)
Posted by metaphorge on January 31st, 2012 @ 9:27am CST
I wish someone would snap up these molds and rerelease them with paint ops instead of stickers.
Re: Kabaya Wave 5 to Include WFC Optimus Prime and Deszaras - Also Gaia Guardian Wave (1340680)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 31st, 2012 @ 10:50am CST
What? Image But the Japanese never even got War for Cybertron.

To them, this would just be a shrunk down version of the United Cybertron Mode figure.
Re: Kabaya Wave 5 to Include WFC Optimus Prime and Deszaras - Also Gaia Guardian Wave (1340684)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 31st, 2012 @ 10:52am CST
Looks like a good chance for me to get a Deszaras. I got Victory Leo, so I might as well. These are almost as cool as reissues and heck of a lot more affordable. :D
Re: Kabaya Wave 5 to Include WFC Optimus Prime and Deszaras - Also Gaia Guardian Wave (1340715)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 31st, 2012 @ 11:54am CST
Sabrblade wrote:What? Image But the Japanese never even got War for Cybertron.

Exactly ;)
Re: Kabaya Wave 5 to Include WFC Optimus Prime and Deszaras - Also Gaia Guardian Wave (1340718)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 31st, 2012 @ 12:01pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:What? Image But the Japanese never even got War for Cybertron.

Exactly ;)
But it's such a minor character to them. His only fictional appearance was in a two-page mini-manga. This form of his isn't that iconic in Japan to be up with the likes of all the others who have come before him in these sets.
Re: Kabaya Wave 5 to Include WFC Optimus Prime and Deszaras - Also Gaia Guardian Wave (1340721)
Posted by triKlops on January 31st, 2012 @ 12:08pm CST
sweet, can't wait to grab these
Re: Kabaya Wave 5 to Include WFC Optimus Prime and Deszaras - Also Gaia Guardian Wave (1340784)
Posted by Blurrz on January 31st, 2012 @ 2:22pm CST
I dig Zaras and OP
Re: Kabaya Wave 5 to Include WFC Optimus Prime and Deszaras - Also Gaia Guardian Wave (1340812)
Posted by xyl360 on January 31st, 2012 @ 3:14pm CST
I've been wanting to try some Kabaya kits after seeing a few builds of them on YouTube. I finally bit the bullet and pre-ordered the box containing Deszaras (and duplicates of course) from BBTS. That WFC Prime looks kinda cool too.

This should be fun :).
Re: Kabaya Wave 5 to Include WFC Optimus Prime and Deszaras - Also Gaia Guardian Wave (1340822)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 31st, 2012 @ 3:31pm CST
You should get Star Saber & Victory Leo! And Ginrai and Godbomber! They're my favorites. 8)
Re: Kabaya Wave 5 to Include WFC Optimus Prime and Deszaras - Also Gaia Guardian Wave (1340826)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 31st, 2012 @ 3:38pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:What? Image But the Japanese never even got War for Cybertron.

Exactly ;)

Well, they did make Wipe-Out, an obscure American character, who's super obscure for Americans.

But the thing WFC Prime has, is well, he's Optimus Prime, one of Japan's fave Transformers.

Also these look awesome.
Re: Kabaya Wave 5 to Include WFC Optimus Prime and Deszaras - Also Gaia Guardian Wave (1340830)
Posted by funeralthirst7 on January 31st, 2012 @ 3:47pm CST
cannonfodder4000 wrote:A Deszaras toy that I don't have to sell one of my kidneys for?! sign me up! :grin:

If I remember correctly the wings do have a range of motion allowing them to be moved to the side. I'll try and take a picture tonight if I remember.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Kit & Parts By Hasbro Ultimate Class E1:01 Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Deluxe Lot. Crosshairs and Drift" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Loyal Subjects Optimus Prime Action Figure Funko Pop Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Shrapnel insecticon in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 ramjet Seeker 2/16 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Sideswipe Autobot 84 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Thrust Seeker 2/16 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Construct-Bots Optimus Prime Vs. Megatron Construction Set" on EBAY