Kingdom Road Rage found in Target Stores

Kingdom Road Rage found in Target Stores

Tuesday, October 12th, 2021 8:09am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 30,940

If you want to check out a review before being sure to purchase, especially since that Tracks mold has been getting a real kicking, here is a review from fellow Seibertronian Chuckdawg1999.

chuckdawg1999 wrote:I don't want to jinx anything, but Road Rage feels like some of the issues that I experienced with Tracks are fixed. Unfortunately, the mold still feels off with the plastic still feeling incredibly brittle. I can't recommend this figure 100% but if you want to roll the dice the choice is yours.

Re: Kingdom Road Rage found in Target Stores (2118315)
Posted by daedalus25 on October 12th, 2021 @ 8:39am CDT
I would feel miffed that Road Rage is showing up in stores after being led to believe it was a Red Card exclusive, but by signing up for a Red Card online I got a $50 Target coupon and now get 5% off on purchases, so I can't complain about that.
Re: Kingdom Road Rage found in Target Stores (2118316)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on October 12th, 2021 @ 8:40am CDT
Re: Kingdom Road Rage found in Target Stores (2118317)
Posted by william-james88 on October 12th, 2021 @ 8:53am CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:Good to know. The one I got from Target in the mail is a floppy mess. Hopefully I can see enough into the package to see the pins on the legs to see if they are better than the one I got.

Can't you just push in the pins and the legs won't be as floppy?
Re: Kingdom Road Rage found in Target Stores (2118323)
Posted by Glarryg on October 12th, 2021 @ 10:02am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Transformers Kingdom Road Rage was a redcard exclusive preorder but it is now showing up in stores. It started showing up last week and we got a few sightings of Road Rage from various states like Idaho and Maryland to name a few. You can purchase this in stores without having a Red Card.

I thought this might happen, but I'm still glad I went through all the rigamarole anyway. They never had Runabout available in any of my local stores, so if I hadn't ordered that one online I would have missed it. I missed out on Redwing by not ordering online, but that's not as big a deal to me. What's angering me is that Origins Bumblebee not only isn't showing up in the stores, it's also not available on Target's website.

Glarryg
Re: Kingdom Road Rage found in Target Stores (2118326)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on October 12th, 2021 @ 11:07am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Can't you just push in the pins and the legs won't be as floppy?

Yes, but the area around the pin holes already has some stress marks. I'm going to try, but if it makes things worse, it is nice to know I might be able to easily get another.
Re: Kingdom Road Rage found in Target Stores (2118339)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on October 12th, 2021 @ 12:57pm CDT
Glarryg wrote:What's angering me is that Origins Bumblebee not only isn't showing up in the stores, it's also not available on Target's website.

Glarryg

We got TONS of Origin Bumblebees in Minnesota. They arrived in August and you can still find them easily enough in stores, though the numbers have dwindled. While the Kingdom and Studio Series pegs were empty for months this summer, Buzzworthy Bumblebee stuff just kept pouring in.
Re: Kingdom Road Rage found in Target Stores (2118340)
Posted by o.supreme on October 12th, 2021 @ 1:06pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:Buzzworthy Bumblebee stuff just kept pouring in.

Agreed on all counts except for the origins BB himself. While it seems like plenty were made, distribution was way uneven on this one. I saw pics of some Target stores with Dozens of them, and some like my area, I saw it once, and then gone. It doesn't effect me personally, but yeah I'd be a little irked if I was one of the ones that really wanted it, and none came to my area, while others were just warming pegs elsewhere. Its too bad Walmart and Target didn't have a system whereby instead of ordering more product from the warehouse directly, they could shift inventory internally.

*Example* If your store in Omaha NB has 20 Origin BB that are just sitting around not selling, and a store a few cities over on the same trucking route has none, and wants 10 of them, ship them, over, so they will sell, just as an example.
Re: Kingdom Road Rage found in Target Stores (2118341)
Posted by sol magnus on October 12th, 2021 @ 1:09pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Buzzworthy Bumblebee stuff just kept pouring in.

Obviously, even all the way out here I'm not trying to say 'distribution bad' on Origin Bumblebee, I will say I barely got the two the I got before they all seemed to dry up. I finally got a World's Collide, but that seems like it was due to a restock. I think we'll see Origin Bee come back around at some point, too.
Re: Kingdom Road Rage found in Target Stores (2118399)
Posted by Emerje on October 12th, 2021 @ 10:28pm CDT
The only Origins Bumblebee I've seen at Target is the one I bought and the only reason it was still there was because the box was completely crushed and probably nobody wanted to take a chance on it being broken. I figured it was my one shot at getting one so I took the chance and thankfully it was fine.

Still haven't been able to find the Worlds Collide set yet despite checking constantly, spurned on by others saying they've been finding heavy restocks lately.

I'm still waiting for my Roadrage to show up. It shipped on Oct 1st and just sat in Oregon until Oct 5th after a long delay by UPS, slowly worked it way across the country until it finally arrived at the local UPS facility on October 9th, somehow got transferred to the USPS during a federal holiday Monday, was supposed to be delivered Tuesday (both Target and UPS say it was, it wasn't), and now USPS is saying it got delayed to Wednesday. *Sigh*

Emerje
Re: Kingdom Road Rage found in Target Stores (2118438)
Posted by Till-all-R1 on October 13th, 2021 @ 12:11pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Buzzworthy Bumblebee stuff just kept pouring in.

Speaking of, where I used to work we had the option to do store to store transfers for a customer, so if you have the product number of the item you wanted we'd look it up and call the closest one and have it shipped to us. Then contact said customer that it has arrived, of course this was all before the whole ship to home era thus we started to phase out doing it because it required hands on attention.

I don't know how many other retailers might offer this as a "customer service" feature, especially in today's ship to home era but it might be worth a try if you local areas is barren and the option to ship never pops up.
Re: Kingdom Road Rage found in Target Stores (2118446)
Posted by william-james88 on October 13th, 2021 @ 2:27pm CDT
Till-all-R1 wrote:
o.supreme wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Buzzworthy Bumblebee stuff just kept pouring in.

I don't know bout the US but in Canada Gamestop ships store to store. Toysrus and Walmart do not.
Re: Kingdom Road Rage found in Target Stores (2118493)
Posted by Autobot_Benz on October 14th, 2021 @ 4:33pm CDT
Surprised the site hasn't posted that Waspinator and Shadow Panther are up on Amazon for pre-order $22.99 with a November release date.Just click other sellers for them. Tigatron was up very shortly but didn't last long
Re: Kingdom Road Rage found in Target Stores (2118508)
Posted by Overcracker on October 14th, 2021 @ 6:58pm CDT
Well, it happened. Amazon cancelled my Tigatron Pre-Order due to lack of availability.

Now I’ll have to find somewhere else to get him from.

D7731F2D-20F4-4457-B09C-65CFAE7D0293.jpeg
Re: Kingdom Road Rage found in Target Stores (2118514)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 14th, 2021 @ 7:24pm CDT
I managed to get a Tigatron preorder, due in a couple weeks. I am excited for him.

I did get Road Rage over the weekend. This is my first handling of the mold, and I think it will be the last. She is honestly pretty terrible. robot mode is a sloppy mess, transformation is a lot like Rhinox in that it is a clunky mess. Car mode is insecure, as is flying car mode. This is a case where the MP is better, and the generations figure used the MP as a goby, but it really should not have used it as a goby, and it's a case where the generations figure should have easily been better.
Re: Kingdom Road Rage found in Target Stores (2118587)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 15th, 2021 @ 7:56pm CDT
Took Road Rage to work today. I really want her to be good, but she isn't. I think she might only be beat by the Chromia mold in terms of weakest WFC figure

Re: Kingdom Road Rage found in Target Stores (2118592)
Posted by Overcracker on October 15th, 2021 @ 8:28pm CDT

Chromia suffers from having a mold designed to be a combiner limb, but having the combiner bits taken out, so ends up being a lack luster deluxe, since she still has all the compromises of her combiner enabled brethren err. (Sistren?) without the combining feature for which it was compromised.

I think the Wheeljack / Sunstreaker molds are the better ones with Sideswipe in close second.
Re: Kingdom Road Rage found in Target Stores (2118657)
Posted by Nuclearxpotato on October 16th, 2021 @ 4:50pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:Yes, the Tracks mold in general is one of the weaker deluxe cars in the WFC trilogy.

Tracks, Arcee, Rhinox, and Chromia seem to be the weakest molds in WFC (excluding the smaller molds since Hasbro kinda abandoned that idea).
Re: Kingdom Road Rage found in Target Stores (2118658)
Posted by sol magnus on October 16th, 2021 @ 4:54pm CDT
Nuclearxpotato wrote:

It's funny people's opinions of 'weak' molds. I'm not saying they're 'great' molds, but Chromia has been used as the star in a stop motion animation series (Zeta Squad). It's all in what you're gonna use it for, I guess.
Re: Kingdom Road Rage found in Target Stores (2118659)
Posted by o.supreme on October 16th, 2021 @ 6:28pm CDT
Just an interesting experience I had today. At Target the only Kingdom toy on the shelves was a single Road Rage. Not on my want list but it was good to see. I know we talk about kids vs collectors, who the toys are for and who actually buys them. I believe Hasbro has previously stated that recently the ratio seems to be about 70% comes from parents buying for kids and 30% is collectors.

I'm not saying they are right or wrong, but I do hear from many saying the toy industry would obviously not survive without kids which I tend to agree. However with the exception of holidays, I hardly ever see anyone else buying toys. Today was a rare occurrence though. A kid actually picked up the Road Rage toy and the parent was going to buy it for him. I couldn't help but think that the kid had no idea how fortunate he is. He had no idea it is a store " exclusive". He just saw it and liked it. It was just cool to see something I often hear about, but don't actually witness.
Re: Kingdom Road Rage found in Target Stores (2118662)
Posted by Nuclearxpotato on October 16th, 2021 @ 6:57pm CDT
sol magnus wrote:
Nuclearxpotato wrote:

Now that I think about it, Chromia probably isn't so much weak as she's just average. The origins from PotP probably started her on a bad foot.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Western Star 5700XE Jada" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Battle Masters Siege War CALIBURST Takara Tomy B" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron BRUNT Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers R.I.D Firebot Dive Bomb & Instructions Evacuate Override Buzzsaw…" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Aimless Battle Masters Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hunt for the Decepticons Scout Class Action Figure Backfire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Hun-Gurrr Combiner Terrorcon Abominus 1987" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Hasbro Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Class Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on EBAY