Kingdom T-Wrecks Finally Officially Revealed by Toyworld with Stock Images

Kingdom T-Wrecks Finally Officially Revealed by Toyworld with Stock Images

Monday, June 7th, 2021 8:38pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 25,855

Hasbro is really odd sometimes. We knew T-Wrecks was coming (the straight redeco of Kingdom Beast Megatron) and they knew we knew. And yet, we didn't get any kind of official reveal. Well, too late now. It has since been found in Australia and is now revealed as a Toyworld exclusive in Oceania. We have our first official listing with stock images. This is a Target exclusive in the US and a probable Toysrus exclusive in Canada.

We also have a video review from fellow Seibertorinan Ham-Man to acompany these official images.

Transformers News: Kingdom T-Wrecks Finally Officially Revealed by Toyworld with Official Pics

Re: Kingdom T-Wrecks Finally Officially Revealed by Toyworld with Stock Images (2106800)
Posted by william-james88 on June 7th, 2021 @ 8:48pm CDT
Re: Kingdom T-Wrecks Finally Officially Revealed by Toyworld with Stock Images (2106801)
Posted by Rtron on June 7th, 2021 @ 8:56pm CDT
Re: Kingdom T-Wrecks Finally Officially Revealed by Toyworld with Stock Images (2106803)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 7th, 2021 @ 9:01pm CDT
Looks genuinely awful :(

As someone whose only experience with the bw megs mold was through t-wrecks - bought at one of only two botcons that I went to with my father when I was younger - it's one of the few figures that is sacred to me, and seeing it here, just blurted out in some zero-effort deco actually hurts me on the inside. That gray plastic is just the actual worst
Re: Kingdom T-Wrecks Finally Officially Revealed by Toyworld with Stock Images (2106805)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on June 7th, 2021 @ 9:16pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:That art (along with the 3d render in the back of the box) does make me think there was a mixup BUT the official pic of the finished toy shows the unchanged megatron head so, who knows. Doesn't explain the white on the mouth though.

The silver on the mouth is the big tell that the paint apps were designed with the alternate head in mind, meaning that whatever happened that caused the use of the primary closed-mouth head (accidental or not) must've been quite late in the process.
Re: Kingdom T-Wrecks Finally Officially Revealed by Toyworld with Stock Images (2106817)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 7th, 2021 @ 11:25pm CDT
More reasons for me to skip this one and just hunt down the original.
Re: Kingdom T-Wrecks Finally Officially Revealed by Toyworld with Stock Images (2106825)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on June 8th, 2021 @ 7:47am CDT
Rtron wrote:I guess this means they have officially abandoned the toy accurate headsculp? Bummer. I was already disappointed that it had no mutant mask.

Yeah, if they'd done the mutant head instead of megs head, I would have liked it much better.
Overall this release is underwhelming for me.
Sadly this will probably the one Target Exclusive that ends up being readily available.
Re: Kingdom T-Wrecks Finally Officially Revealed by Toyworld with Stock Images (2106827)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on June 8th, 2021 @ 8:25am CDT
Rodimus Knight wrote:

Overall this release is underwhelming for me.

I will likely only get it if it lingers at Target and they put it on clearance.
Re: Kingdom T-Wrecks Finally Officially Revealed by Toyworld with Stock Images (2106829)
Posted by Overcracker on June 8th, 2021 @ 9:08am CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:Looks genuinely awful :(

Not sure what more deco you expected or why.
Re: Kingdom T-Wrecks Finally Officially Revealed by Toyworld with Stock Images (2106834)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on June 8th, 2021 @ 9:39am CDT
Overcracker wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Looks genuinely awful :(

Not sure what more deco you expected or why.

I think the shade of red they used is what is putting most people off, it should be darker.
Re: Kingdom T-Wrecks Finally Officially Revealed by Toyworld with Stock Images (2106836)
Posted by sol magnus on June 8th, 2021 @ 9:43am CDT
Re: Kingdom T-Wrecks Finally Officially Revealed by Toyworld with Stock Images (2106839)
Posted by Overcracker on June 8th, 2021 @ 10:35am CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Looks genuinely awful :(

Not sure what more deco you expected or why.

I agree, the red, is more brownish than the deep red it should be. But arguing the deco is lazy when it's exactly the same as the original in terms of layout is what I don't get.
Re: Kingdom T-Wrecks Finally Officially Revealed by Toyworld with Stock Images (2106841)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 8th, 2021 @ 10:46am CDT
Overcracker wrote:The deco is exactly the same as the original T-wrecks. The only change is using grey plastic instead of a more metallic tan. The deco layout is 100% what the original T-Wrecks had.

Not sure what more deco you expected or why.
Exactly the same, my foot.

The gold was dulled down to almost gray, the two different blues were reduced to being the same color, the helmet was left red instead of copper, and there was little attempt to put the bright pink into the color scheme...They seem to have missed the charm of the original deco.
Re: Kingdom T-Wrecks Finally Officially Revealed by Toyworld with Stock Images (2106843)
Posted by aronjlove on June 8th, 2021 @ 10:57am CDT
sol magnus wrote:I'm suffering from supreme boredom with this T-Wrecks thing. I'd like to hear some info about Wave 4. Hasbro, can you make that happen?

I can't help you with Wave 4, but in a few days or so I can take some pics of Wave 3 core-class...
dorkside.png

Soon my Soundwave collection and Dino bones collection will grow by one. Distribution must still be wonky if figures are getting this kind of early release.
Re: Kingdom T-Wrecks Finally Officially Revealed by Toyworld with Stock Images (2106846)
Posted by sol magnus on June 8th, 2021 @ 11:01am CDT
aronjlove wrote:

dorkside.png

That helps. And no offense to T-Wrecks, I'm just not getting it and we've known about it for months to all my T-Wrecks peeps.
Re: Kingdom T-Wrecks Finally Officially Revealed by Toyworld with Stock Images (2106853)
Posted by Overcracker on June 8th, 2021 @ 11:30am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Not sure what more deco you expected or why.
Exactly the same, my foot.

Hue differences in paint and plastic do not translate to a lazy deco.

The general applications are the same, And yes I already said the grey vs the tan and that the red needed to be deeper. That's just hue differences, not deco differences.

The deco is the same. There are no real paint applications missing, just different hues used. Maybe because of the different plastics. Hard plastic vs the heavy rubbery skin Kingdom Megs has.

Kingdom Megs has a deeper purple than the original Beastwars Megs which was much closer to grey. But nobody is complaining Kingdom Megs does not exactly match the original.
Re: Kingdom T-Wrecks Finally Officially Revealed by Toyworld with Stock Images (2106855)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 8th, 2021 @ 11:43am CDT
Overcracker wrote:Hue differences in paint and plastic do not translate to a lazy deco.

The original's pink, baby blue, copper, and green are all gone. That's half of the original toy's eight colors missing from this version.

Counting the tan replaced with gray makes over 50% of the original toy's colors removed from this version.

Overcracker wrote:It's the same hue difference between the Original Megatron and Kingdom Megs and even MP Megs.

Kingdom Megs was trying to be cartoon-accurate. The cartoon model's colors were always different from the original toy's.
Re: Kingdom T-Wrecks Finally Officially Revealed by Toyworld with Stock Images (2106857)
Posted by william-james88 on June 8th, 2021 @ 11:49am CDT
Overcracker wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Looks genuinely awful :(

Not sure what more deco you expected or why.

Id expect his crotch To be fully blue like the original TWrecks. That definitely stops the colour layout from being 100% what the original had.
Re: Kingdom T-Wrecks Finally Officially Revealed by Toyworld with Stock Images (2106859)
Posted by Tigerhawk7109 on June 8th, 2021 @ 11:53am CDT
PrimevsPrime posted his video review of Kingdom Core Class Soundwave and Dracodon!

:BH-PREDACON:
Re: Kingdom T-Wrecks Finally Officially Revealed by Toyworld with Stock Images (2106860)
Posted by Overcracker on June 8th, 2021 @ 12:23pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Looks genuinely awful :(

Not sure what more deco you expected or why.

Well that makes the deco totally different. :APPLAUSE: :lol: :lol: :HEADHURTS:
Re: Kingdom T-Wrecks Finally Officially Revealed by Toyworld with Stock Images (2106862)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 8th, 2021 @ 12:56pm CDT
Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, and YouTube toy reviewer, PrimeVsPrime, has dropped a new video review for us all to enjoy, that of the Wave 3 Core Class figures!

These have already started Shipping from certain retailers such as Dorkside Toys (as reported by fellow Seibertron user, Aronjlove).

The toys in this wave are G1 Soundwave and Dracodon. Soundwave is modeled after his G1 self (including a tiny Lazerbeak!) while Dracodon is a Verterbreak redeco.

We have embedded the review below for your convenience:

Special thanks to fellow Seibertron user, TigerHawk7109 and Dominus Prime, for letting us know about the review.

What do you think of these toys? Will you be getting them?

Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double Dealer" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-38 Laserbeak & Apeface" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-37 Ravage & Bullhorn" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-28 Rewind & Nightbeat" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Botcon 2013 Classics SEEKER HOTLINK  Tech Card  & instuctions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus and Titans Return Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY