Kingdom Wave 2 Leader Ultra Magnus and Deluxes Found at Target in US

Kingdom Wave 2 Leader Ultra Magnus and Deluxes Found at Target in US

Friday, March 12th, 2021 10:25pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 30,964

We have some good news for you. Fellow Seibertronians sol Magnus and Aronjlove have reported finding Kingdom leader Ultra Magnus. The deluxes were also found, they include Ractonite, Arcee, Huffer and Airazor. Aronjlove gave us some quick thoughts on magnus plus shares how to get him for the best price possible, please read on.

sol magnus wrote:ULTRA MAGNUS!!! COME OUT! WE'RE HERE! COME MEET YOUR DOOM!!!!
Found today in Baltimore, MD.

Transformers News: Kingdom Wave 2 Leader Magnus and Deluxes Found at Target in US

aronjlove wrote:I grabbed the last Ultra Mag along with Huffer and Airrazor. No Voyagers or Core-class but they had a couple each of the deluxes. 25% off Magnus plus $10 off a $60 or more purchase and the 5% Red card savings all added up nicely.

aronjlove wrote:Very happy I got Kingdom Ultra Magnus! Also very happy I was able to get him with so many discounts applied to my purchase :lol:

I haven't transformed him yet but I wanted to share some initial thoughts. To start, sad face kinda makes me sad.
I didn't think I'd care, but yeah it is much cleaner.
Especially side by side.
White Optimus also looks cleaner but lacks a bit of charm that the Cybertronian version has from its detailing. But the front of Kingdom White Optimus is definitely a match for your typical Optimus chest and ab section.
I used the Netflix Magnus for comparison as he has tighter arms and legs than Siege, but Kingdom is even nicer. He can easily hold his own gun up along with the arm armor, something my Netflix version struggles with. Siege can barely hold the gun straight to aim.
Very happy to have an earth-mode Magnus since this is all about celebrating the movie, and it is definitely a better figure quality-wise. But the coupon made this an easy purchase so your mileage may vary.

This article was last modified on Saturday, March 13th, 2021 3:26pm CST

Re: Kingdom Wave 2 Leader Ultra Magnus and Deluxes Found at Target in US (2098027)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 12th, 2021 @ 11:45pm CST
Re: Kingdom Wave 2 Leader Ultra Magnus and Deluxes Found at Target in US (2098047)
Posted by Galvatron002 on March 13th, 2021 @ 7:26am CST
Damn!!! My local Targets have just put out Wave 1 Deluxes and Core toys. Still no Leader or Voyager class, and no SS at all !!!
Re: Kingdom Wave 2 Leader Ultra Magnus and Deluxes Found at Target in US (2098054)
Posted by o.supreme on March 13th, 2021 @ 9:52am CST
Re: Kingdom Wave 2 Leader Ultra Magnus and Deluxes Found at Target in US (2098061)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 13th, 2021 @ 11:12am CST
o.supreme wrote:All of the Targets near me are just a wasteland of Buzzworthy Awfulness. I have the Kingdom wave 2 deluxes locked in at a great price on Amazon for May 5th. If I see them before then it will be hard to resist. But here's to hoping Amazon gets them a few weeks early like they did with wave 1.

Pulse emailed me this week saying the wave 2 voyagers were due to arrive shortly, so for those at least, I would imagine all the other online retailers should be getting their shipments soon too.
Re: Kingdom Wave 2 Leader Ultra Magnus and Deluxes Found at Target in US (2098067)
Posted by LordBludgeon on March 13th, 2021 @ 12:45pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:Damn, and I just hit up three of the four Targets today with nothing new to report. :(

Same! I went to 2 of my local Target's yesterday. One had a bunch of Buzzworthy Bumblebee figures and a few SS 86 Grimlocks, but not much else. The other I went to just had cyberverse for the most part. Not Transformers related... I did get lucky to find a deluxe Marvel Legends Thanos however, which made me happy.
Re: Kingdom Wave 2 Leader Ultra Magnus and Deluxes Found at Target in US (2098074)
Posted by LordBludgeon on March 13th, 2021 @ 1:31pm CST

[quote="william-james88"]We have some good news for you. Fellow Seibertronians sol Magnus and Aronjlove have reported finding Kingdom leader Ultra Magnus. The deluxes were also found, they include Ractonite, Dinobot, Huffer and Airazor. Aronjlove gave us some quick thoughts on magnus plus shares how to get him for the best price possible, please read on.
Re: Kingdom Wave 2 Leader Ultra Magnus and Deluxes Found at Target in US (2098075)
Posted by sol magnus on March 13th, 2021 @ 1:32pm CST
LordBludgeon wrote:Just noticed, Dinobot is also listed as one of the wave 2 deluxes mentioned in the report. Dinobot is a voyager correct?

william-james88 wrote:We have some good news for you. Fellow Seibertronians sol Magnus and Aronjlove have reported finding Kingdom leader Ultra Magnus. The deluxes were also found, they include Ractonite, Dinobot, Huffer and Airazor. Aronjlove gave us some quick thoughts on magnus plus shares how to get him for the best price possible, please read on.

Yes, he is a Voyager.
Re: Kingdom Wave 2 Leader Ultra Magnus and Deluxes Found at Target in US (2098077)
Posted by counterprime321 on March 13th, 2021 @ 2:27pm CST
Can someone post pictures of Kingdom Magnus using Siege's trailer in both modes please?
Re: Kingdom Wave 2 Leader Ultra Magnus and Deluxes Found at Target in US (2098078)
Posted by First-Aid on March 13th, 2021 @ 2:36pm CST
...still waiting on Earthrise wave 2...
Re: Kingdom Wave 2 Leader Ultra Magnus and Deluxes Found at Target in US (2098102)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 13th, 2021 @ 7:04pm CST
After playing with Cyclonus, I must share a comparison with ER Starscream. Meaning how much each have evolved compared to their Classic counterpart.

First, ER Starscream VS Classic Starscream. The OG deluxe was so "perfect", HASTAK took the easy route and took a hint from so many KO companies. Meaning upscale and improve what's already there.

Down to the vehicle, the transformation, and the bot mode, those are practically the same toy. People are praising the ER mold to no end but it doesn't deserve the praise. It's still good, mind you, but it's the same old thing. No revolution here.

While the difference between Earthrise Starscream and Classic Starscream are only like night and dawn, the difference between Kingdom Cyclonus and Classic Cyclonus are the ones who are like night and day.

The OG deluxe was a pretty solid toy, but the new Kingdom blow is out of space. No gaps, clean cartoon accurate look, different proportions, and a fresh transformation. Compared to the Classic, Kingdom Cyclonus is a true revolution.

Thankfully, lazy toys like ER Starscream are the exception in this almost flawless trilogy. ;)
Re: Kingdom Wave 2 Leader Ultra Magnus and Deluxes Found at Target in US (2098104)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 13th, 2021 @ 7:31pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:Image

Re: Kingdom Wave 2 Leader Ultra Magnus and Deluxes Found at Target in US (2098105)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 13th, 2021 @ 8:08pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Having not yet found myself a Cyclonus I didn't know that his cockpit was turned around upside-down in robot mode.

That may be the only part that the OG deluxe have "superior". The upside-down cockpit in bot mode is due to the transformation. But when everything else is pretty much perfect, that's a pretty irrelevant detail. Especially on the back.
And compared to Starscream's huge nosecone hanging down on his back, that's nothing.

Re: Kingdom Wave 2 Leader Ultra Magnus and Deluxes Found at Target in US (2098111)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 13th, 2021 @ 9:54pm CST
Somebody in El Paso beat me to the W2 Deluxes; went to go grab a Star Wars Mission Fleet Millennium Falcon and they had a few of the Arcee repacks. I feel like some bastard bought up the entire wave to sell at profit and left all the Arcees there :(
Re: Kingdom Wave 2 Leader Ultra Magnus and Deluxes Found at Target in US (2098114)
Posted by william-james88 on March 13th, 2021 @ 10:32pm CST
Transformers Kingdom core class Megatron and Starscream have been found in the US at Target, which means the entirety of Kingdom wave 2 has been found in the US before the end of this year's first quarter. They were found in Canada at Walmart a little while before that. We have a video review for both of these toys below in case you want to know more before going on the hunt looking for them.

Also, for those curious, there are wave 1 repacks in this second wave of core class figures. Here is the box breakdown:

3x Megatron
1x Vertebreak
3x Starscream
1x Rattrap

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Starscream is the best smaller scale Transformer I've handled in a very long time, I look forward to buying this mold several times over in a rainbow of colors. Megatron is actually better than I thought, I just thought the silver would be a little brighter but the gunmetal coloring is still cool. Both figures would make great additions to your collection.

Re: Kingdom Wave 2 Leader Ultra Magnus and Deluxes Found at Target in US (2098119)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 13th, 2021 @ 10:59pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:lazy toys like ER Starscream
I don't think that's a fair characterization. Just because the classics figure had already utilized that transformation previously, and because Kingdom Cyclonus is different from Universe Cyclonus it doesn't make ER Screamer lazy. It's still a pretty good figure, I dare say the transformation works better for him than it did for the classics version (which I never liked).
Re: Kingdom Wave 2 Leader Ultra Magnus and Deluxes Found at Target in US (2098121)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 13th, 2021 @ 11:06pm CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:lazy toys like ER Starscream
Yeah, if ER Starscream is lazy, then so are Energon Starscream and FOC Starscream for reusing G2 Smokescreen's transformation (I would have said 2010 Terradive as well but he actually added a few extra steps to the same core transformation process, so he makes an effort to be a bit different).
Re: Kingdom Wave 2 Leader Ultra Magnus and Deluxes Found at Target in US (2098131)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 14th, 2021 @ 4:16am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:lazy toys like ER Starscream

I'm not talking ONLY about the transformation. I'm also talking about the overall look of everything, down to the same kibble going at the same place. It even have the same sternum collar! We are far passed having the "same skeleton". ER Starscream could have been totally reinvented... like the unexpected Core Class Starscream.
Re: Kingdom Wave 2 Leader Ultra Magnus and Deluxes Found at Target in US (2098132)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 14th, 2021 @ 5:18am CDT
Yeah ER Screamer only shares a transformation, with a few steps different (like the feet, and the way the arms fold). It's a bit unfair to bash him for it when there's really no need to redesign the wheel.

And universe Cyclonus wasn't trying to be toon accurate anyway (resembling more his IDW look at the time) so of course there was going to be a bigger difference.
Re: Kingdom Wave 2 Leader Ultra Magnus and Deluxes Found at Target in US (2098138)
Posted by aronjlove on March 14th, 2021 @ 9:56am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:lazy toys like ER Starscream

Re: Kingdom Wave 2 Leader Ultra Magnus and Deluxes Found at Target in US (2098140)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 14th, 2021 @ 10:37am CDT
aronjlove wrote:From what I am getting, you're not saying it is a bad figure, just already done in its entirety. The ER Starscream mold is awesome to me but if I had a figure from a few years ago that was practically the exact same figure with the difference being the new one is in scale, to current figures, I'd get it but I wouldn't think much of it either. Lazy doesn't necessarily mean bad.

Exactly. But still, things come to taste a bit stale when it's always the same old, same old. For me, the Siege seeker is superior because he was totally FRESH.
There's nothing wrong with "comfort foods." But trying new things is much more rewarding.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE AGE OF EXTINCTION ACTION FIGURE 2014" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION VOYAGER CLASS EVASION MODE OPTIMUS PRIME NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Hollywood Rides Diecast 1:32 Scale Flame Design Jada" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION AUTOBOT QUICK DRAW HOUND Power battler 2014." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 41 Constructicon Scrapmetal - Devastator Arm. MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Predaking - 30th Anniversary New Amazon Exclusive Platinum" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Autobot SLUG - TRU Evolution 2-Pack Exclusive Deluxe New Slag" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Cyberverse Warrior Class Lightning Slash Thundercracker" on EBAY