KO G1 Seeker's and Coneheads on Ebay

Transformers News: KO G1 Seeker's and Coneheads on Ebay

Monday, November 26th, 2007 3:42PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Knock Offs
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 44,789

It seems that the Knock Offs are coming thick and fast, just in time for the holiday season.

Scaled down KO versions of most of the G1 Seekers and Coneheads have been spotted on ebay:
Thundercracker
Ramjet
Thrust
Dirge
Starscream and
Sunstorm.

Once again Skywarp gets no love.

These figures stand at about 4-5 inches tall in robot mode, and apparently do contain small amounts of die-cast metal.

So keep an eye out, for these KO's like many before them will more than likely be listed as "vintage Transformers".
Credit(s): tfw2005
Re: KO G1 Seeker's and Coneheads on Ebay (476462)
Posted by doomboy536 on November 26th, 2007 @ 3:59pm CST
Hooray! Cheap rubbish for us misers :D
Re: KO G1 Seeker's and Coneheads on Ebay (476469)
Posted by xBigbotx on November 26th, 2007 @ 4:01pm CST
Re: KO G1 Seeker's and Coneheads on Ebay (476473)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on November 26th, 2007 @ 4:03pm CST
If they're 6-7 inches, does that make them shorter than the official ones? I'd like to know ....
Re: KO G1 Seeker's and Coneheads on Ebay (476512)
Posted by mattyc1007 on November 26th, 2007 @ 4:24pm CST
wow i like sunstorm
Re: KO G1 Seeker's and Coneheads on Ebay (476557)
Posted by 1337W422102 on November 26th, 2007 @ 4:41pm CST
BIGBOTSYSTEM wrote:I SEEN SOME OF THOSE AT A SWAP MEET OVER THE WEEKEND FOR ONLY 7-10 DOLLERS I SUCKS FOR THOSE U LIKE TO COLLECTEM. THEY NEED TO STOP KNOCK OFFS

OMFGBBQLOLPWNED CAPS LOCK IS TEH CRUIZE CONTROL FOR AWESOME1
Come on, mate.

Oh, and these are apparently undersized KOs. Plus the 'Con logo is wrong. :P
Re: KO G1 Seeker's and Coneheads on Ebay (476584)
Posted by i_amtrunks on November 26th, 2007 @ 4:51pm CST
1337W422102 wrote:Oh, and these are apparently undersized KOs. Plus the 'Con logo is wrong. :P

Not to mention Sunstorm is actually Sunstrom :P
Re: KO G1 Seeker's and Coneheads on Ebay (476589)
Posted by frogbat on November 26th, 2007 @ 4:51pm CST
suntrom eh? i'm in 2 minds bout knock offs, since my financial sources are limited and my hobbies expensive i wouldn't mind them for my own collection.

when the packaging and ebay headers try to pass the off as genuine is where i guess most of us draw the line
Re: KO G1 Seeker's and Coneheads on Ebay (476609)
Posted by Burn on November 26th, 2007 @ 5:03pm CST
Scaled down huh?

They'd be good for shits and giggles and maybe kitbash fodder, but once again, over priced. :roll:
Re: KO G1 Seeker's and Coneheads on Ebay (476610)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on November 26th, 2007 @ 5:04pm CST
I'm tired of this argument so I'm just gonna say, these are way to expensive.
Re: KO G1 Seeker's and Coneheads on Ebay (476612)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on November 26th, 2007 @ 5:05pm CST

No, they just need to stop charging top dollar for them!
Re: KO G1 Seeker's and Coneheads on Ebay (476628)
Posted by Gutter Bunny on November 26th, 2007 @ 5:14pm CST
Liege Evilmus wrote:

No, they just need to stop charging top dollar for them!

hell, they can charge whatever they want for them. As long as they dont try to pass them off as the real deal then i'm happy.
Re: KO G1 Seeker's and Coneheads on Ebay (476629)
Posted by STngAR on November 26th, 2007 @ 5:15pm CST
Seems to be a daily thing anymore here on the forums - NEW OVERPRICED KO SOMETHING OR ANOTHER :HEADHURTS:
Re: KO G1 Seeker's and Coneheads on Ebay (476648)
Posted by Flint on November 26th, 2007 @ 5:29pm CST
I'd like the Starscream for my collection but not at that price// half that yes.
Re: KO G1 Seeker's and Coneheads on Ebay (476707)
Posted by skywarp-2 on November 26th, 2007 @ 6:10pm CST
mattyc1007 wrote:wow i like sunstorm

I was just thinking the same thing!! I like em!!
Re: KO G1 Seeker's and Coneheads on Ebay (476745)
Posted by Fussion on November 26th, 2007 @ 6:29pm CST
More KO BS lovely. I think the collector community really has to watch the list is growing....at least they didn't copy the G1 packaging
Re: KO G1 Seeker's and Coneheads on Ebay (476784)
Posted by PrimulArchangel on November 26th, 2007 @ 6:59pm CST
Seen these over a month ago on ebay , i bid on a few translucent versions.. Im gonna have to start reporting on these toys as i find them lol .
Re: KO G1 Seeker's and Coneheads on Ebay (476785)
Posted by PrimulArchangel on November 26th, 2007 @ 6:59pm CST
Re: KO G1 Seeker's and Coneheads on Ebay (476893)
Posted by metalformer on November 26th, 2007 @ 8:17pm CST
The only thing I dislike about KOs is when they are being sold as legit TFs, and thus, expensive (as IF I was expecting them to make them for fans with limited resources! :BLACKEYE: )

Is interesting how they chose the Commemorative Series package for this set as opposed of going for the G1 pack. BTW, notice they used Classic Pretenders Starscream for Starscream's box art! About the misspelling, I am not surprised they didn't misspelled all the names!

And poor Skywarp got "warped" by bootleggers. Now THAT is a crime! :sad:
Re: KO G1 Seeker's and Coneheads on Ebay (477032)
Posted by Menbailee on November 26th, 2007 @ 10:11pm CST
The "official" KO thread gets no love. I posted these there on Saturday, and no one noticed. :(

http://www.seibertron.com/forums/viewto ... =1155&sid=

Then as now, I think it's pretty cool for Sunstorm to get a mass release, but I don't agree with the price. If KOs come at KO prices, I approve. KOs at legit prices, boo.
Re: KO G1 Seeker's and Coneheads on Ebay (477518)
Posted by Zeds on November 27th, 2007 @ 10:40am CST
Haven't we seen this before. About 3-4 weeks ago! And can someone send these numpties spell check for the packaging!

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl New MIB Generations - Time Remaining: 1 day 11 hours 38 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Hasbro Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime TRU SDCC New MIB Generations - Time Remaining: 1 day 11 hours 38 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Hasbro Masterpiece MP-06 Bluestreak New MIB Generations - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 38 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers UNIVERSE Onslaught Ultra Class Classic Series NEW MIB - Time Remaining: 1 day 10 hours 41 minutes 14 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Universe Titanium Series - Optimus Prime 2008 - Time Remaining: 1 day 11 hours 42 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Decepticon DOUBLEDEALER MIB - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 45 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Voyager Class SoundBlaster MIB NEW - Time Remaining: 3 days 14 hours 45 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers COMBINER WARS - SUPERION G2 - AERIALBOTS Set of 6 - NEW MIB GIFTSET - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 47 minutes 50 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent