Kotobukiya Transformers 30th Anniversary Business Card Holders

Kotobukiya Transformers 30th Anniversary Business Card Holders

Tuesday, April 15th, 2014 1:44pm CDT

Category: Collectables
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 17,160

Kotobukiya, the same company producing the silicone Transformers ice trays, has announced another officially licensed 30th anniversary product, G1 Optimus Prime and Megatron business card holders! Both are currently available for pre-order from site sponsor TFsource for $29.95 each:

http://tfsource.com/kotobukiya/optimus- ... rd-holder/
http://tfsource.com/kotobukiya/megatron ... rd-holder/

Celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Transformers with this Optimus Prime business card holder. A great conversation piece for any new contacts you may meet, this style of card holder has a front flap that clasps closed securing and protecting the cards inside.

Transformers News: Kotobukiya Transformers 30th Anniversary Business Card Holders

Celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Transformers with this Megatron business card holder. A great conversation piece for any new contacts you may meet, this style of card holder has a front flap that clasps closed securing and protecting the cards inside.

Credit(s): TFSource

This article was last modified on Tuesday, April 15th, 2014 6:38pm CDT

Re: Kotobukiya Transformers 30th Anniversary Business Card Holders (1565471)
Posted by shockblast2 on April 15th, 2014 @ 3:22pm CDT
No one who would want a potential buyer to take them seriously would use this to hold their business cards. Unless they work for Hasbro, of course.
Re: Kotobukiya Transformers 30th Anniversary Business Card Holders (1565510)
Posted by Va'al on April 15th, 2014 @ 5:43pm CDT
We just posted some news regarding some upcoming collectibles, in the form of Transformers themed business card holders, from Kotobukiya - but there is more! HobbyLinkJapan also report the release of Transformers commemorative ties, silicone ice trays and the first volume of the Transformers Generations 2014 book!

No image for the book, but we do have the previously reported ice trays and card holders - and if you're interested in the latter, site sponsor TFSource have sent us their own preorder listings for the two versions, for $29.95 each, here: Optimus Prime and Megatron.
Re: Kotobukiya Transformers 30th Anniversary Business Card Holders (1565511)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on April 15th, 2014 @ 5:52pm CDT
Here's the Ties:

Courtesy of 1999.co.jp
Re: Kotobukiya Transformers 30th Anniversary Business Card Holders (1565525)
Posted by Sunstar on April 15th, 2014 @ 7:02pm CDT
OMG!!!! I want htese!!! Where can I get me some decepticon ties!
Re: Kotobukiya Transformers 30th Anniversary Business Card Holders (1565526)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 15th, 2014 @ 7:02pm CDT
One striped Decepticon tie, please! :x
Re: Kotobukiya Transformers 30th Anniversary Business Card Holders (1565530)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on April 15th, 2014 @ 7:29pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:One striped Decepticon tie, please! :x

Same. I actually have a tie that looks like it sans the sigils.
Re: Kotobukiya Transformers 30th Anniversary Business Card Holders (1565534)
Posted by Vicalliose on April 15th, 2014 @ 7:56pm CDT
Why in the world would anyone actually wear these?

And business card holders... :???:
ImageImage
Serious business.
Re: Kotobukiya Transformers 30th Anniversary Business Card Holders (1565535)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 15th, 2014 @ 7:58pm CDT
Those ties are pretty snappy, might have to get a couple. Yeah I agree about the business card holders being a lil much.
Re: Kotobukiya Transformers 30th Anniversary Business Card Holders (1565557)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on April 15th, 2014 @ 9:21pm CDT
If I wore ties, I would totally wear those to church.
Vicalliose wrote:Why in the world would anyone actually wear these?

And business card holders... :???:

Conversation starters. I had a friend once whose everyday wallet was a cheeseburger.
Re: Kotobukiya Transformers 30th Anniversary Business Card Holders (1565558)
Posted by Spleenzorio on April 15th, 2014 @ 9:32pm CDT
Vicalliose wrote:Why in the world would anyone actually wear these?

And business card holders... :???:
ImageImage
Serious business.

I know, right? Everyone knows MLP fans don't have jobs.
Re: Kotobukiya Transformers 30th Anniversary Business Card Holders (1565561)
Posted by Smokescreen85 on April 15th, 2014 @ 9:37pm CDT
Those ties are awesome! I want them all! :D
Re: Kotobukiya Transformers 30th Anniversary Business Card Holders (1565562)
Posted by skynet1O1 on April 15th, 2014 @ 9:46pm CDT
Midnight_Fox wrote:Here's the Ties:

Courtesy of 1999.co.jp

I love the first two a lot. Might have to consider a pair.
Re: Kotobukiya Transformers 30th Anniversary Business Card Holders (1565564)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on April 15th, 2014 @ 9:47pm CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:If I wore ties, I would totally wear those to church.
Vicalliose wrote:Why in the world would anyone actually wear these?

And business card holders... :???:

I can totally understand the POV there. I've never been to a TF con and the last con I went to years ago was AX. So when I get my grips on both :CON: ties I'm so sporting them at my next con...soon I hope. :P :VEHI:
Re: Kotobukiya Transformers 30th Anniversary Business Card Holders (1565579)
Posted by Flashwave on April 15th, 2014 @ 10:50pm CDT
I work in an industry where the tie must be straight, uniform, and professional, but in places Dad worked, some restaurants too, as long as the tie is tasteful, a little personality is welcomed. I enjoy seeing kids with TF figs come in for lunch, why not vice versa?
Re: Kotobukiya Transformers 30th Anniversary Business Card Holders (1565581)
Posted by megatronus on April 15th, 2014 @ 10:58pm CDT
I will buy all 6 ties. I love them all! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
Re: Kotobukiya Transformers 30th Anniversary Business Card Holders (1565607)
Posted by Cyberpath on April 16th, 2014 @ 2:46am CDT
Pre-ordered the ice trays! Thanks for the link.

The business card holder reminds me of this:

Re: Kotobukiya Transformers 30th Anniversary Business Card Holders (1565652)
Posted by T-Macksimus on April 16th, 2014 @ 8:54am CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:If I wore ties, I would totally wear those to church.
Vicalliose wrote:Why in the world would anyone actually wear these?

And business card holders... :???:

Yep, conversation starters and a great way for fellow fans to bond even if they are practically strangers. Worked for me with one of the gals at my local convenience stores. She noticed my wallet first when I came up to the counter (Optimus on one side, big metal Autobot logo on the other) and just fawned over it. I had to tip my head and point out my Autobot hat to her since I'm so much taller than her and she just squeed with delight over that. Just this last week I got around to bringing her a faction logo for her car since she had to let her previous one go with her old car and that garnered a big ol' bear hug from her.
It's the little things, a shared hobby or mutual interest, that brings folks together, provides a level of kinship. Before this nice woman had seen my hat she had no real idea that it was acceptable for someone in our mutual age range to let our fan-ship show. She thought it was something to keep quiet unless she was around her kids. I showed her otherwise and that's what stuff like these ties, which are totally kick-ass, are good for. I'm looking to get my hand on that Megatron tie. I have an outfit that that would go PERFECT with.
Re: Kotobukiya Transformers 30th Anniversary Business Card Holders (1565913)
Posted by Vicalliose on April 17th, 2014 @ 3:13am CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:*snip*
That doesn't work here. I get judgmental looks just for having long hair, everyone thinks I must be a woman when they see me from behind. Everyone around here was into wrestling or barbie dolls when they were kids, then expected to discard everything when they got to a certain age. This town, heck this whole state is old-fashioned as far as I can tell.

The only comment I've ever gotten is "those movies are dumb" from one girl. That was it. And I was buying a TFA toy. :lol:
Re: Kotobukiya Transformers 30th Anniversary Business Card Holders (1565920)
Posted by Burn on April 17th, 2014 @ 6:03am CDT
Sunstar wrote:OMG!!!! I want htese!!! Where can I get me some decepticon ties!

I've ordered the first one. Figured, fuck it, I only wear a tie once in a blue moon and it's normally for shits and giggles, the fat middle aged guy wearing a Decepticon tie? Yeah, that just gets funnier.

Wouldn't mind a business card holder, just wouldn't have a use for it. And I seriously cannot see it being negative to potential business. If someone's going to judge you on your business card holder then they're probably going to be a pain in the arse to work with anyway if they're that narrow minded and judgemental.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Computron Exclusive Complete Loose Rare Technobots" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Blitzwing TRANSFORMERS Studio Series 65 Bumblebee Movie toy figure jet plane" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors Legends Ghost Starscream Takara Combiner Wars Ex" on EBAY
Buy "LG50 Sixshot | Japanese Transformers Legends Import Takara Tomy Generations" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Bruticus + Shockwave 6 figures included" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 1985 G1 Hasbro  Milton Bradley Card # 47 Purple Vs Blue Sky Variant" on EBAY