KOToys posts gallery of "Wonderfest" Black Convoy

KOToys posts gallery of  "Wonderfest" Black Convoy

Friday, May 22nd, 2009 7:13am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors, Collectables
Posted by: DevastaTTor   Views: 21,448

KOToys.com has posted a new set of images to their site of the “Wonderfest”* Classics/Henkei Black Convoy. The gallery contains a lot of comparison images between the Black version and the SDCC Nemesis Prime along with shots of him with the Shadow Commander trailer/armor. KOToys board admin GenZhao also indicates that apparently these are in production now meaning we should probably be bracing our wallets for yet another Henkei Exclusive release.

*A correction to my news post the other day: Black Convoy was apparently never released at Wonderfest last year as an exclusive.

To see images of Black Convoy, view the original link on KOToys.com, and add your comments, click the "Discuss This Topic!" link at the top of this post.

You can also use this site address to view the gallery: http://www.kotoys.com/forum/index.php?topic=92.0

Credit(s): GenZhao, KOToys, Yayabeee, Ebay

This article was last modified on Friday, May 22nd, 2009 8:13am CDT

Re: KOToys posts gallery of "Wonderfest" Black Convoy (924891)
Posted by Nujevad on May 22nd, 2009 @ 7:16am CDT
What the heck?! Two black-themed convoys and only one Magnus? I want my Henkei Magnus!!!!
Re: KOToys posts gallery of "Wonderfest" Black Convoy (924930)
Posted by typh0id on May 22nd, 2009 @ 9:58am CDT
I have to admit I'm not really feeling this one...I thought I was going to love it because I was a little disappointed by all the blue on Nemesis and this one clearly has more black...But I don't care much for the detailing on this one...The red windows are cool but the blue detailing doesn't really please me (not because it's blue so much as just the design)...I don't care for how the cab looks from the front and it doesn't look too good at all with the Shadow Commander trailer...

I'll go ahead and pass and just stick with RID Scourge...
Re: KOToys posts gallery of "Wonderfest" Black Convoy (924941)
Posted by Mkall on May 22nd, 2009 @ 10:29am CDT
I think I'll wait to see the price.
Re: KOToys posts gallery of "Wonderfest" Black Convoy (924944)
Posted by Powersa on May 22nd, 2009 @ 10:36am CDT
Re: KOToys posts gallery of "Wonderfest" Black Convoy (924948)
Posted by Mkall on May 22nd, 2009 @ 10:50am CDT
Powersa wrote:The red chest and bot insignia seems to be questionable as Black Convoy don't normally come with those. I like the red though.

Actually, most of the earlier black repaints of Optimus Prime had Autobot Symbols and red windows. It wasn't until RiD that the Black Prime was a Decepticon.
Re: KOToys posts gallery of "Wonderfest" Black Convoy (924989)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 22nd, 2009 @ 12:46pm CDT
DevastaTTor, your link appears to be broken. [Edit: Oh, nevermind, must've been a temporary hiccup.]

I haven't been this excited for a toy in a long time. I mean, I REALLY REALLY want it. Ever since I first saw RiD Scourge I've been crazy for black Prime repaints. While SDCC Nemesis Prime didn't quite do it, this one is near perfect.

Please let it be under $70...
Re: KOToys posts gallery of "Wonderfest" Black Convoy (925021)
Posted by DevastaTTor on May 22nd, 2009 @ 2:00pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:
Please let it be under $70...

Considering the Exclusive seekers have been 80+, if this comes out, it's probably going to at least be 100.00 USD.
Re: KOToys posts gallery of "Wonderfest" Black Convoy (925053)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 22nd, 2009 @ 2:33pm CDT
DevastaTTor wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:
Please let it be under $70...

Dang, I hadn't thought of that... I guess I'll have to see when preorders are announced. I was able to preorder Thundercracker for about $45 USD plus shipping from FantoFan.
Re: KOToys posts gallery of "Wonderfest" Black Convoy (925064)
Posted by Powersa on May 22nd, 2009 @ 2:45pm CDT
Mkall wrote:

Red window is common, not red chest though, probably.

Nucleon Quest Convoy was red chest with bot symbol but not named Black Convoy.

The other earlier black repaints didn't have red chest in bot mode, whatever the name.
Re: KOToys posts gallery of "Wonderfest" Black Convoy (925120)
Posted by Universe on May 22nd, 2009 @ 4:16pm CDT
I'm surprised they're still rolling out repaints of this mold. I'm good with the three variations I have.
Re: KOToys posts gallery of "Wonderfest" Black Convoy (925250)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 22nd, 2009 @ 7:50pm CDT
I'd still like the see the bio for this guy, as his color scheme makes him look very dark/evil/demonic/bloodthirsty/sinister/etc. (moreso even than the SDCC Nemesis Prime figure), BUT those Autobot insignias on his shoulders seem to imply that he might be another Black Body version of Optimus Prime (meaning he's not evil), which disappoints me as his colors make him look very evil.

Lately, the term "Black Convoy" is starting to be used to refer to Optimus Prime's Black Body upgrade, rather than the old meaning of the term: an evil Optimus Prime clone (a la Nemesis Prime).

If this really is another Black Body Optimus, then I wish they would start using the name "Convoy black" instead of "Black Convoy" as it confuses many people.
Re: KOToys posts gallery of "Wonderfest" Black Convoy (925302)
Posted by GreenLantern of Cybertron on May 23rd, 2009 @ 12:17am CDT
Ugly truck mode and it doesnt work well with FP Shadow Commander, though the robot mode looks vastly superior to the Classics Nemisis Prime.

Still it seems the best Classics Black Convoy is still RiD Scourge, if you don't have him yet buy him now.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOT SHOTS JUMP SHOT BUMBLEBEE, Bot Shots 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 3 Dark of The Moon Movie Cyberverse Legion Class Topspin Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2014 Transformers ATTENDEE Exclusive Kreon Kreo Kre-o Fractyl" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2014 Transformers ATTENDEE Exclusive Kreon Kreo Kre-o Rattrap" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2015 Transformers Kre-o Kreo Kreon G1 Nightbird New Attendee Only" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2015 Transformers Kre-o Kreo Kreon Robot Master New Attendee Only" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2015 Transformers Kre-o Kreo Kreon G1 Autobot Spike New Attendee Only" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2015 Transformers Kre-o Kreo Kreon Animated Sentinel Prime New Attendee" on EBAY