Thursday, October 15th, 2015 1:39pm CDT

Category: Site News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 22,582

Seibertron.com's database experienced a major crash late last night / early this morning. After almost 9 hours of trying to resolve the problem over night and into this morning, the site was finally restored from a late Tuesday night back. Unfortunately, all data from the past 36 hours was unable to be restored due to the crash. So basically it's like yesterday never happened here on Seibertron.com. I apologize for the inconvenience and we are looking into further redundancy to help prevent this problem in the future.

If you encounter any further errors, please let us know in the Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread in our Energon Pub Forums. Thanks!

See you at TFcon in Charlotte this weekend!

Re: Kremzeek attacks Seibertron.com's database server; Autobot Mainframe later restores it! (1734273)
Posted by .... on October 15th, 2015 @ 1:53pm CDT
So can yesterday’s news be restored?
Re: Kremzeek attacks Seibertron.com's database server; Autobot Mainframe later restores it! (1734275)
Posted by Seibertron on October 15th, 2015 @ 2:01pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:So can yesterday’s news be restored?

Unfortunately, no. It happened late at night around 2:30am Central. Our database backups happen at 4:00am so this morning's database backup was incomplete due to the crash (and what was there was junk/unusable). My alternative to backing up to the Tuesday backup was using a backup I have from about a month ago on an offsite server. That was my last resort that I thought I was going to have to use but fortunately I was able to get the Tuesday backup to work finally after some initial problems.
Re: Kremzeek attacks Seibertron.com's database server; Autobot Mainframe later restores it! (1734284)
Posted by Kyleor on October 15th, 2015 @ 2:28pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:So can yesterday’s news be restored?

If it might help towards any restoration I have a News RSS feed in my email, so I have the main article picture and initial article paragraph/blurbs.
Re: Kremzeek attacks Seibertron.com's database server; Autobot Mainframe later restores it! (1734285)
Posted by Kyleor on October 15th, 2015 @ 2:30pm CDT
Kyleor wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:So can yesterday’s news be restored?

Also just saw Google may have a cache of all the articles:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=us
Re: Kremzeek attacks Seibertron.com's database server; Autobot Mainframe later restores it! (1734303)
Posted by Emerje on October 15th, 2015 @ 3:38pm CDT
I guess it doesn't come as a huge surprise since a lot of us have been getting that error that's mentioned earlier in the thread and the servers have been pretty sluggish for a while now.

Emerje
Re: Kremzeek attacks Seibertron.com's database server; Autobot Mainframe later restores it! (1734310)
Posted by steve2275 on October 15th, 2015 @ 4:21pm CDT
i lost all of my weapons
:HEADHURTS: :evil: :twisted: [-( :roll: :-( :(

still got my armor and energon (but not enough to replace 8 fusion cannons)

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /heavymetalwar/character-upgrade.php on line 380

i did get the upgrade tho
http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar ... r_id=84224
lost all 10 repair and 10 strafe

if this is gonna happen just reset the game again already
and on my grandma's 1 year passing none the less

maybe i should just blame the cubbies :lol:
Re: Kremzeek attacks Seibertron.com's database server; Autobot Mainframe later restores it! (1734323)
Posted by Riot Riverman on October 15th, 2015 @ 5:09pm CDT
steve2275 wrote:i lost all of my weapons
:HEADHURTS: :evil: :twisted: [-( :roll: :-( :(

still got my armor and energon (but not enough to replace 8 fusion cannons)

i did get the upgrade tho
http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar ... r_id=84224
lost all 10 repair and 10 strafe

if this is gonna happen just reset the game again already
and on my grandma's 1 year passing none the less

maybe i should just blame the cubbies :lol:

Nice to know I'm not alone in the lost weapons/upgrades thing.
Re: Kremzeek attacks Seibertron.com's database server; Autobot Mainframe later restores it! (1734326)
Posted by Seibertron on October 15th, 2015 @ 5:20pm CDT
Riot Riverman wrote:
steve2275 wrote:i lost all of my weapons
:HEADHURTS: :evil: :twisted: [-( :roll: :-( :(

still got my armor and energon (but not enough to replace 8 fusion cannons)

i did get the upgrade tho
http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar ... r_id=84224
lost all 10 repair and 10 strafe

if this is gonna happen just reset the game again already
and on my grandma's 1 year passing none the less

maybe i should just blame the cubbies :lol:

Nice to know I'm not alone in the lost weapons/upgrades thing.

Some of these tables I'm flyin' blind on whether or not they're repaired with the correct data restored. Check out the weapons table now ... is it back to how it was a couple of days ago now?

Are you still receiving the error that you posted on the character-upgrade page?
Re: Kremzeek attacks Seibertron.com's database server; Autobot Mainframe later restores it! (1734328)
Posted by Riot Riverman on October 15th, 2015 @ 5:39pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Riot Riverman wrote:
steve2275 wrote:i lost all of my weapons
:HEADHURTS: :evil: :twisted: [-( :roll: :-( :(

still got my armor and energon (but not enough to replace 8 fusion cannons)

i did get the upgrade tho
http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar ... r_id=84224
lost all 10 repair and 10 strafe

if this is gonna happen just reset the game again already
and on my grandma's 1 year passing none the less

maybe i should just blame the cubbies :lol:

Nice to know I'm not alone in the lost weapons/upgrades thing.

Re: Kremzeek attacks Seibertron.com's database server; Autobot Mainframe later restores it! (1734331)
Posted by Seibertron on October 15th, 2015 @ 5:42pm CDT
Can you post a URL to where you can see that data so that I can backtrace which tables were not restored properly? Thanks.
Re: Kremzeek attacks Seibertron.com's database server; Autobot Mainframe later restores it! (1734333)
Posted by Seibertron on October 15th, 2015 @ 5:45pm CDT
Riot Riverman wrote:Well I got my weapons back, the character profile and upgrade pages are back to normal, but anything in training (ram, repair,etc.) is still zero on my end.

Are the tactics restored properly now?
Re: Kremzeek attacks Seibertron.com's database server; Autobot Mainframe later restores it! (1734334)
Posted by Riot Riverman on October 15th, 2015 @ 5:48pm CDT
Riot Riverman wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Riot Riverman wrote:
steve2275 wrote:i lost all of my weapons
:HEADHURTS: :evil: :twisted: [-( :roll: :-( :(

still got my armor and energon (but not enough to replace 8 fusion cannons)

i did get the upgrade tho
http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar ... r_id=84224
lost all 10 repair and 10 strafe

if this is gonna happen just reset the game again already
and on my grandma's 1 year passing none the less

maybe i should just blame the cubbies :lol:

Nice to know I'm not alone in the lost weapons/upgrades thing.

Ok never mind my training stats are back.
Re: Kremzeek attacks Seibertron.com's database server; Autobot Mainframe later restores it! (1734336)
Posted by Riot Riverman on October 15th, 2015 @ 5:59pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

Are the tactics restored properly now?

Yes, thank you.
Re: Kremzeek attacks Seibertron.com's database server; Autobot Mainframe later restores it! (1734343)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 15th, 2015 @ 6:22pm CDT
Question of the ignorant, this was due to hardware failure of the server?
Re: Kremzeek attacks Seibertron.com's database server; Autobot Mainframe later restores it! (1734352)
Posted by Seibertron on October 15th, 2015 @ 6:58pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:Question of the ignorant, this was due to hardware failure of the server?

I don't think so. The server seibertron.com is on is pretty good. This is the longest we've ever been on 1 server before, which I think is due to it being a raid server.

I'm pretty sure this is ultimately just related to the database. To be honest though, I think I'm at the end of my abilities as an amateur server administrator. I know enough to be dangerous, enough to fix problems and enough to run Seibertron.com on a dedicated server for the past 13 years, but I'm not a database administrator. There's no silver bullet to fix the MySQL settings but I'm out of ideas. The database is still has an extreme amount of CPU usage but I'm out of ideas because it seems like nothing I'm changing is solving the problem. If anyone out there is a DBA, I'd love to talk about some suggestions and/or solutions!
Re: Kremzeek attacks Seibertron.com's database server; Autobot Mainframe later restores it! (1734360)
Posted by Seibertron on October 15th, 2015 @ 7:20pm CDT
Kyleor wrote:Also just saw Google may have a cache of all the articles:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=us

Gotta love Google. Thanks to your suggestion, Kyleor, and to Google's cache of Seibertron.com, all of the news stories from yesterday were restored.

If you see that I missed something, please let me know. Sucks we lost yesterday's forums posts, but I think we'll live.
Re: Kremzeek attacks Seibertron.com's database server; Autobot Mainframe later restores it! (1734368)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 15th, 2015 @ 7:40pm CDT
What about the legends listings? Included Shockwave and the cassettes... (and Pink Taserpeak) :BOT:
Re: Kremzeek attacks Seibertron.com's database server; Autobot Mainframe later restores it! (1734456)
Posted by steve2275 on October 16th, 2015 @ 1:49am CDT
Riot Riverman wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

Are the tactics restored properly now?

Yes, thank you.

http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar ... r_id=84224
but he's a 9 that should be an 11
go cubbies
Re: Kremzeek attacks Seibertron.com's database server; Autobot Mainframe later restores it! (1734470)
Posted by Burn on October 16th, 2015 @ 5:05am CDT
steve2275 wrote:but he's a 9 that should be an 11

How's that?
Re: Kremzeek attacks Seibertron.com's database server; Autobot Mainframe later restores it! (1734484)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 16th, 2015 @ 7:57am CDT
I think the system is still glitching. I could not get on last night for a few hours and this is the first time I've able to get on since about midnight my time :BOT:

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "GRIMLOCK - Transformers Robots in Disguise - Warrior Class" on EBAY
Buy "2015 McDonald’s Happy Meal Toy - Hasbro Transformers #2 Grimlock Green Dinosaur" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise Cliff Jumper Battle Hammer Autobot Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers-Hasbro Transformers Gen Legends Brawn" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Titans Return Brainstorm, Chromedome, Highbrow, and Hardhead" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Titans Return Blaster and Rewind" on EBAY