Kre-O DOTM Megatron Revealed?

Kre-O DOTM Megatron Revealed?

Wednesday, May 25th, 2011 10:51am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 42,558

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

A Craigslist posting brings us our first look at Megatron from Hasbro's new Kre-O line. The 310 piece set appears to based off of Megatron's DOTM design and comes with four Kreon mini-figures: Megatron, Shockwave, a Specialist and a Policeman. According to the seller the set is scheduled to release in August. Images have been mirrored below.

Image

Image

Credit(s): Craigslist seller


This article was last modified on Wednesday, May 25th, 2011 11:25am CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Kre-O DOTM Megatron Revealed? (1228142)
Posted by PrymeStriker on May 25th, 2011 @ 10:54am CDT
Ahhh my eyes! They burn! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! AGH!

Seriously though, I'm not liking that.
Re: Kre-O DOTM Megatron Revealed? (1228153)
Posted by NovaSentinel on May 25th, 2011 @ 11:14am CDT
that looks like adverts for optimus, starscream and dotm sentinel prime in the bottom corner. i wonder why there's a shockwave minifig? :-?
Re: Kre-O DOTM Megatron Revealed? (1228170)
Posted by Blurrz on May 25th, 2011 @ 11:48am CDT
Might be better than the Voyager version.. ^_^
Re: Kre-O DOTM Megatron Revealed? (1228219)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on May 25th, 2011 @ 1:14pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:Might be better than the Voyager version.. ^_^


There's no way this one is better than the Voyager lol. Just a look at both modes shows you that :D.And I wish they could have made this one come with a trailer :-( ...But yeah I'm satisfied with the Voyager,just hoping that there will be a Leader of this guy.
Re: Kre-O DOTM Megatron Revealed? (1228220)
Posted by PrymeStriker on May 25th, 2011 @ 1:15pm CDT
CrimsonPrime wrote:
Blurrz wrote:Might be better than the Voyager version.. ^_^


There's no way this one is better than the Voyager lol. Just a look at both modes shows you that :D.And I wish they could have made this one come with a trailer :-( ...But yeah I'm satisfied with the Voyager,just hoping that there will be a Leader of this guy.


You, Crimson, have just earned the Awesome Stamp.

Image
Re: Kre-O DOTM Megatron Revealed? (1228288)
Posted by BeastProwl on May 25th, 2011 @ 3:28pm CDT
I DONT LIKE!!!
I mean, do these guys even transform?
Or are they a BTR Reboot?
:MAXIMAL:
Re: Kre-O DOTM Megatron Revealed? (1228290)
Posted by BeastProwl on May 25th, 2011 @ 3:37pm CDT
BTW, if it doesnt transform, it's not a transformer.
just thought Id'e point that out.
Re: Kre-O DOTM Megatron Revealed? (1228311)
Posted by alternator77 on May 25th, 2011 @ 4:28pm CDT
and this is where i call bs on hasbro! :BOOM:
first they say the last movie line was too difficult for kids to transform and sooo they dumb down this line or so they say and now they release a 300+ piece set to build your own transformer that only transforms when you take apart all 300+ pieces and reassemble them into hideous looking vehicles.
sooo what happens hasbro when a youngster loses a piece on these will it render a 20,30,40+ dollar figure useless? :BOOM:

sorry guys had to get that off my chest


what gets me the most is this

japan= movie accurate prime and bb model kit with great posability :sad:
we get= legos that guess what? combine :roll:
Re: Kre-O DOTM Megatron Revealed? (1228323)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 25th, 2011 @ 4:47pm CDT
$100 obo?

No. The company that makes these for Hasbro is good, but not that good. In fact, some of my Super Blox* sets are already having trouble staying together during the construction phase.

*=same Chinese manufacturer makes Super Blox, Kre-O and the $3.00 Dollar General sets.
Re: Kre-O DOTM Megatron Revealed? (1228394)
Posted by Blurrz on May 25th, 2011 @ 6:24pm CDT
alternator77 wrote:and this is where i call bs on hasbro! :BOOM:
first they say the last movie line was too difficult for kids to transform and sooo they dumb down this line or so they say and now they release a 300+ piece set to build your own transformer that only transforms when you take apart all 300+ pieces and reassemble them into hideous looking vehicles.
sooo what happens hasbro when a youngster loses a piece on these will it render a 20,30,40+ dollar figure useless? :BOOM:

sorry guys had to get that off my chest


what gets me the most is this

japan= movie accurate prime and bb model kit with great posability :sad:
we get= legos that guess what? combine :roll:


How do you know these transform by taking pieces on and off? Do you own any of these? Look, we've still got the main Dark Of The Moon toyline, and that's pretty impressive.
Re: Kre-O DOTM Megatron Revealed? (1228439)
Posted by alternator77 on May 25th, 2011 @ 7:38pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:
alternator77 wrote:and this is where i call bs on hasbro! :BOOM:
first they say the last movie line was too difficult for kids to transform and sooo they dumb down this line or so they say and now they release a 300+ piece set to build your own transformer that only transforms when you take apart all 300+ pieces and reassemble them into hideous looking vehicles.
sooo what happens hasbro when a youngster loses a piece on these will it render a 20,30,40+ dollar figure useless? :BOOM:

sorry guys had to get that off my chest


what gets me the most is this

japan= movie accurate prime and bb model kit with great posability :sad:
we get= legos that guess what? combine :roll:


How do you know these transform by taking pieces on and off? Do you own any of these? Look, we've still got the main Dark Of The Moon toyline, and that's pretty
impressive.






dont know how to post the link but the description was provided right here on seibertron. there was an article about the kreo preorders on the tru website and from the description we can tell that you can build EITHER a bot or vehicle but not both besides wouldnt you think that the ability to transform would have been a selling point?

again im not complaining about the movie line as a whole ive got a few myself im simply echoing the complaints of others who arent to pleased with the dumbing down of some figures. :D
Re: Kre-O DOTM Megatron Revealed? (1228445)
Posted by PrymeStriker on May 25th, 2011 @ 7:43pm CDT
just put the URL like this:

http://www.seibertron.com/
Re: Kre-O DOTM Megatron Revealed? (1228452)
Posted by Blurrz on May 25th, 2011 @ 7:47pm CDT
Ah, so they disassemble. Still quite a growth since the last time we had a Brick/Transformers x-over.
Re: Kre-O DOTM Megatron Revealed? (1228593)
Posted by DJLazer on May 25th, 2011 @ 11:39pm CDT
El Duque wrote:A Craigslist posting brings us our first look at Megatron from Hasbro's new Kre-O line. The 310 piece set appears to based off of Megatron's DOTM design and comes with four Kreon mini-figures: Megatron, Shockwave, a Specialist and a Policeman. According to the seller the set is scheduled to release in August. Images have been mirrored below.

Image

Image

I thought it was the g1 version
Re: Kre-O DOTM Megatron Revealed? (1228598)
Posted by El Duque on May 25th, 2011 @ 11:47pm CDT
lazerwave217 wrote:
El Duque wrote:A Craigslist posting brings us our first look at Megatron from Hasbro's new Kre-O line. The 310 piece set appears to based off of Megatron's DOTM design and comes with four Kreon mini-figures: Megatron, Shockwave, a Specialist and a Policeman. According to the seller the set is scheduled to release in August. Images have been mirrored below.

Image

Image

I thought it was the g1 version


Why?
Re: Kre-O DOTM Megatron Revealed? (1228602)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on May 25th, 2011 @ 11:49pm CDT
Not too bad for a "lego" version, but Hasbro needs to put money into making a leader Megatron before this.
Re: Kre-O DOTM Megatron Revealed? (1228603)
Posted by DJLazer on May 25th, 2011 @ 11:50pm CDT
El Duque wrote:
lazerwave217 wrote:
El Duque wrote:A Craigslist posting brings us our first look at Megatron from Hasbro's new Kre-O line. The 310 piece set appears to based off of Megatron's DOTM design and comes with four Kreon mini-figures: Megatron, Shockwave, a Specialist and a Policeman. According to the seller the set is scheduled to release in August. Images have been mirrored below.

Image

Image

I thought it was the g1 version


Why?

Dunno. I just like g1
Re: Kre-O DOTM Megatron Revealed? (1228656)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on May 26th, 2011 @ 3:14am CDT
lazerwave217 wrote:
El Duque wrote:A Craigslist posting brings us our first look at Megatron from Hasbro's new Kre-O line. The 310 piece set appears to based off of Megatron's DOTM design and comes with four Kreon mini-figures: Megatron, Shockwave, a Specialist and a Policeman. According to the seller the set is scheduled to release in August. Images have been mirrored below.

Image

Image

I thought it was the g1 version


Urmm it's definitely NOT the G1 version.Why? It's the same Mack truck from DOTM. And G1 Megatron is a Pistol/Gun o.O...That should be a CLEAR difference x_x...
Re: Kre-O DOTM Megatron Revealed? (1228693)
Posted by Cardformer on May 26th, 2011 @ 6:21am CDT
I was expecting more from this. You'll probably have to take it all apart like the BTR sets and put them back together.
Re: Kre-O DOTM Megatron Revealed? (1229106)
Posted by DJLazer on May 26th, 2011 @ 7:12pm CDT
CrimsonPrime wrote:
lazerwave217 wrote:
El Duque wrote:A Craigslist posting brings us our first look at Megatron from Hasbro's new Kre-O line. The 310 piece set appears to based off of Megatron's DOTM design and comes with four Kreon mini-figures: Megatron, Shockwave, a Specialist and a Policeman. According to the seller the set is scheduled to release in August. Images have been mirrored below.

Image

Image

I thought it was the g1 version


Urmm it's definitely NOT the G1 version.Why? It's the same Mack truck from DOTM. And G1 Megatron is a Pistol/Gun o.O...That should be a CLEAR difference x_x...

No when i saw this thread I thought it was the g1 version. I did not realize that it was the dotm megs

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Onslaught Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Dragstrip Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
Twincast / Podcast #267:
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers IF EX-26R Racing Bros. Retrograde (Runabout)(Runamuck)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime RID Arcee Deluxe Class NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers HUB Dark Of The Moon Cyberverse: MEGATRON (Unopened) Series 1 003" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE CYBERVERSE ADVENTURES DELUXE SOUNDWAVE w/ LASERBEAK MIB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy LEADER CLASS OPTIMUS PRIME NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers IRONWORKS Earthrise War for Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro brand new" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Quintesson Judge Allicon Sharkticon Lot" on EBAY