Kre-O Transformers Warrior Packs at Canadian Retail

Kre-O Transformers Warrior Packs at Canadian Retail

Thursday, February 19th, 2015 9:46am CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 26,939

Catching up on some post-Toy Fair news, we have confirmation of Kre-O Transformers Warriors blind packs appearing at - for now - Canadian Toys'R'Us stores. Fellow users Editor and Samsonator both confirm the purchase, and have shared images with us of these themed Kreon minifigure reimaginings of established Transformers characters. Check some out below!

Transformers News: Kre-O Transformers Warrior Packs at Canadian Retail

Transformers News: Kre-O Transformers Warrior Packs at Canadian Retail

Transformers News: Kre-O Transformers Warrior Packs at Canadian Retail

Transformers News: Kre-O Transformers Warrior Packs at Canadian Retail

Credit(s): Editor, Samsonator

Re: Kre-O Transformers Warrior Packs at Canadian Retail (1653205)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on February 19th, 2015 @ 9:57am CST
Re: Kre-O Transformers Warrior Packs at Canadian Retail (1653215)
Posted by Rated X on February 19th, 2015 @ 10:11am CST
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Hah. I spotted these last week when I picked up Strongarm from Toys r' Us. Didn't think they hadn't been spotted yet though! Didn't bother buying any since I think they look stupid. :P

Yeah I dont get why anybody likes kreo anyways. I dont even get what the target audience is supposed to be. Too small for little kids, too dumb for big kids. Whos left ? Hasbro's target audience IS kids right ?
Re: Kre-O Transformers Warrior Packs at Canadian Retail (1653221)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 19th, 2015 @ 10:19am CST
Rated X wrote:

Lego appeals to all ages, so why should Kre-O be any different?
Re: Kre-O Transformers Warrior Packs at Canadian Retail (1653225)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on February 19th, 2015 @ 10:25am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:

Lego appeals to all ages, so why should Kre-O be any different?

Oh don't get me wrong, *I* love Kre-O!

See? That's all mine! :D

I just think that the cowboy/ninja/pirate looking Kre-O's look dumb.
Re: Kre-O Transformers Warrior Packs at Canadian Retail (1653226)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 19th, 2015 @ 10:28am CST
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I just think that the cowboy/ninja/pirate looking Kre-O's look dumb.
Hasbro's just having a little fun.

In fact, that's pretty much the answer for a lot of the more goofy stuff done by the brand.
Re: Kre-O Transformers Warrior Packs at Canadian Retail (1653231)
Posted by Noideaforaname on February 19th, 2015 @ 10:40am CST
I wouldn't mind grabbing some of these. They're the kind of silly, radical new takes you just don't see in Transformers.
Re: Kre-O Transformers Warrior Packs at Canadian Retail (1653233)
Posted by Samsonator on February 19th, 2015 @ 10:45am CST
See, when I first saw the images of these, I thought they were silly, but ultimately not worth the time. I bought a couple on a whim, just because they were there, and I really like them. Sure they're just another way for Hasbro to get some mileage out of parts they created for other Kre-O lines (D&D, for instance) but the paintwork is pretty solid and they're fun little reimaginings. I will be getting more.
Re: Kre-O Transformers Warrior Packs at Canadian Retail (1653243)
Posted by Editor on February 19th, 2015 @ 11:05am CST
I honestly thought, that if i grabbed a couple at least I might get a few extra pieces that could come in handy, but after opening a couple, as silly as the idea is, it's not all that different from the Timelines stuff that was already done, so they are growing on me.
Re: Kre-O Transformers Warrior Packs at Canadian Retail (1653246)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on February 19th, 2015 @ 11:24am CST
Now that I think more about it, the extra parts WOULD be nice for customizations...

It's not like I don't like goofy stuff in Transformers either too. I mean, I already like the RiD character Bisk! With Clampdown coming a close second.

Re: Kre-O Transformers Warrior Packs at Canadian Retail (1653288)
Posted by Editor on February 19th, 2015 @ 1:00pm CST
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Still, it's hard to get over how dumb Optimus looks in a cowboy hat.... however hilarious it is.

IMO It's the cowboy hat that makes the piece, awesome if you think of it as Ramrod Prime, for the Sabre Rider fans out there.
:-B
Re: Kre-O Transformers Warrior Packs at Canadian Retail (1653301)
Posted by zodconvoy on February 19th, 2015 @ 1:20pm CST

Dare you to say that to his face. ;)

Re: Kre-O Transformers Warrior Packs at Canadian Retail (1653350)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 19th, 2015 @ 2:46pm CST
In a way, the idea makes perfect sense considering how it was a childhood dream of Peter Cullen's to be a cowboy.

This Cowboy Optimus can kinda be seen as a way of honoring Cullen's dream.
Re: Kre-O Transformers Warrior Packs at Canadian Retail (1653390)
Posted by Editor on February 19th, 2015 @ 4:00pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
This Cowboy Optimus can kinda be seen as a way of honoring Cullen's dream.

Damn it Sabr, now I might end up looking for a suitable Cullen head in the other Kreons for that double I have.
Re: Kre-O Transformers Warrior Packs at Canadian Retail (1653512)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 19th, 2015 @ 10:36pm CST
Editor wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
This Cowboy Optimus can kinda be seen as a way of honoring Cullen's dream.

I would put money on TFCC or maybe Hasbro doing a Peter Cullen Kreon at some point before he dies.
Re: Kre-O Transformers Warrior Packs at Canadian Retail (1661315)
Posted by Va'al on March 10th, 2015 @ 12:53pm CDT
Quietly keeping up with all the other Transformers toy releases, the Kre-O section for our robots appears to have another couple of sets available come May 2015. Via web store Entertainment Earth, we have an image of two new boxes featuring Jazz and Ratchet, under the Small Cube monicker, available to pre-order as a single wave for $23.99 or a case for $47.99 - check out the image mirrored below!

Re: Kre-O Transformers Warrior Packs at Canadian Retail (1661319)
Posted by Editor on March 10th, 2015 @ 1:19pm CDT
That is interesting.
Re: Kre-O Transformers Warrior Packs at Canadian Retail (1661321)
Posted by Noideaforaname on March 10th, 2015 @ 1:26pm CDT

(admittedly I'd be a lot more interested if it was Wheeljack or someone else I missed)
Re: Kre-O Transformers Warrior Packs at Canadian Retail (1661358)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on March 10th, 2015 @ 2:50pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:New packaging, old product. And it seems they removed the robot modes. Watch as these actually get released outside Asia, but none of the cool new stuff...

*BW Megatron voice* "New packaging, same product! Loser!" :P

So I decided to make myself a Kre-O Skullgrin in and out of his pretender shell.

Re: Kre-O Transformers Warrior Packs at Canadian Retail (1661388)
Posted by craggy on March 10th, 2015 @ 3:37pm CDT
looks like you get a lot of Kreons for your money.
Re: Kre-O Transformers Warrior Packs at Canadian Retail (1665863)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on March 23rd, 2015 @ 10:46am CDT
I seriously want that Battle Changer Blitzwing! any idea when it'll be out in the UK?

pity no Battle Changer Metroplex, Omega Supreme, Scorponok, Trypticon & Fortress Maximus

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #254 - Redlining Sixth
"Redlining Sixth"
Posted: Sunday, July 5th, 2020

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 BRUTICUS New MISB USA Seller" on EBAY
Buy "2017 Hasbro TRANSFORMERS Titans Return TRYPTICON w Fulltilt NEW  sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Angry Birds Telepods Grey Slam Grimlock Bird Figure New MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Quake & Hardhead" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Bumblebee: Cyberverse Adventures  Class Grimlock NEW FREE SHIPPIN" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotBots Critically Complained" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Bumblebee: Cyberverse Adventures - Deluxe Class Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BOTBOTS Series 4 CHEF NADA Empanada Pastry" on EBAY