Monday, May 15th, 2017 8:58am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 24,730

Better yet, he also gave us a composite image which shows the cartoon model, the G1 toy and both the Hasbro and Takara version of each toy in both their modes to compare which version takes hints from what in the G1 era. Of course, stock images are used so keep in mind that there is some mistransformation (like Brawn's vehicle mode for the Hasbro version).

Transformers News: Larger Images and Comparisons of Takara Transformers Legends Kickback, Brawn and Triggerhappy

Re: Larger Images and Comparisons of Takara Transformers Legends Kickback, Brawn and Triggerhappy (1881774)
Posted by Kurona on May 15th, 2017 @ 10:51am CDT
https://www.shapeways.com/product/23TNG ... areProduct

So this is a cheap custom piece made for the Thrilling 30 Bumblebee mold; allowing you to put Titan Master Nightbeat into Thrilling 30 Nightbeat. Or, uh, any Titan Master on any use of that mold; I'm not the boss of you, do what you like - Swoop Goldbug away!
Why am I bringing it up here and now? Well, because it turns out that without modding, it also works for the Thrilling 30 Blitzwing mold - so you can put Clouder here on Thrilling 30 Doubledealer if you really want to!

Re: Larger Images and Comparisons of Takara Transformers Legends Kickback, Brawn and Triggerhappy (1881810)
Posted by Randomhero on May 15th, 2017 @ 2:06pm CDT
Yeeeeeeah that doesn't look very good. I'm m fine with my generations dealer being the way he is. Plus you couldn't give me something from shapeways for free. It all looks like fuzzy styrofoam
Re: Larger Images and Comparisons of Takara Transformers Legends Kickback, Brawn and Triggerhappy (1881814)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 15th, 2017 @ 2:10pm CDT
Thanks! Since I'm planning to get the new head, I'll jump to add it to the Blitzwing mold guy. Since it's pretty well hidden from view, the texture won't bother me a bit.

Cheers for the heads up!
Re: Larger Images and Comparisons of Takara Transformers Legends Kickback, Brawn and Triggerhappy (1881836)
Posted by ExciKaiser on May 15th, 2017 @ 3:57pm CDT
Kurona wrote:

But what do you do with the titan master in vehicule mode ?
Re: Larger Images and Comparisons of Takara Transformers Legends Kickback, Brawn and Triggerhappy (1881887)
Posted by Prime Target on May 15th, 2017 @ 7:34pm CDT
Does Anyone know if Brawn's Shield is removable? :-?
Re: Larger Images and Comparisons of Takara Transformers Legends Kickback, Brawn and Triggerhappy (1881889)
Posted by ExciKaiser on May 15th, 2017 @ 7:40pm CDT
removing it is necessary to the transformation.
Re: Larger Images and Comparisons of Takara Transformers Legends Kickback, Brawn and Triggerhappy (1881896)
Posted by Prime Target on May 15th, 2017 @ 8:05pm CDT
Hmmmm these look interesting.

Kickback: He has a more show accurate deco as expected which I love and he will probably look good with Adventure Bombshell and Shrapnel but still a glaring problem NO WEAPONS! shout out to Clouder.

Re: Larger Images and Comparisons of Takara Transformers Legends Kickback, Brawn and Triggerhappy (1881902)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 15th, 2017 @ 8:37pm CDT
Prime Target wrote:Hmmmm these look interesting.

Yeah, Legends Kickback will be my proper Classics Kickback, with a trio of the Hasbro version as his clone swarm. The same is true already for TAS Shrapnel and Bombshell and their Hasbro counterparts as well. The only thing that has me puzzled on Legends Kickback, though, is the addition of paint apps that don't match either the original toy or the animation models for the original cartoon. That's odd for Takara-Tomy.

Prime Target wrote:Brawn: I will say this he looks ALOT better than the Hasbro release i'll buy both but I feel while Takara have gone for a Toon accurate deco Hasbro is leaning more towards the G1 Toy.

Yeah, I'm double dipping on Brawn too. This Legends version is just PERFECT, in my opinion. I had ordered the Hasbro version a while ago, before this one was even revealed, and it was finally delivered earlier today. At least the Hasbro one looks pretty good too, and I won't have to wait a whole 5 months or so before I can have that mold on my shelves. When I get the Legends version come October or so, I can hand down the Hasbro version of Brawn to my nephew.

Prime Target wrote:Triggerhappy: I have the Hasbro Figure and I love it so this is a must buy for me although I must question some of the things it does like the face deco and the fact Blowpipe looks a little off.

The face deco is a perfect match for Triggerhappy's on-screen appearance. That's why it's the way it is. I too already have the Hasbro version, but now that Takara-Tomy is upping the ante with actual Targetmaster partners, I'm going to have to double dip on this one too. Again, I'm not upset that I have the Hasbro one now in my collection, even if it will be replaced in another 5 months. I've had my Hasbro Triggerhappy since December 2016, and got him on sale at Walmart for $9.96. Again, I know someone else who'll be perfectly happy with the Hasbro version eventually. :)
Re: Larger Images and Comparisons of Takara Transformers Legends Kickback, Brawn and Triggerhappy (1881910)
Posted by Ultra Markus on May 15th, 2017 @ 9:15pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath has found larger images on Amazon Japan of the upcoming Takara Legends toys due for October 2017, which include Kickback and Couder, Brawn and Repugnas and Targetmaster Triggerhappy.

even though takara does a really great job at recreating the cartoon look, and the paint apps on the wheels and windows for some are really nice i find myself trying to justify paying twice the price for an almost identical figure the added extras or extra tooling do help me wanting them more
Re: Larger Images and Comparisons of Takara Transformers Legends Kickback, Brawn and Triggerhappy (1881928)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 15th, 2017 @ 11:10pm CDT
gothsaurus wrote:Cheers for the heads up!
I see what you did there. ;)
Re: Larger Images and Comparisons of Takara Transformers Legends Kickback, Brawn and Triggerhappy (1881930)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 15th, 2017 @ 11:37pm CDT
Re: Larger Images and Comparisons of Takara Transformers Legends Kickback, Brawn and Triggerhappy (1881946)
Posted by Emerje on May 16th, 2017 @ 12:42am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:I just noticed something odd about this latest batch of Takara Legends Headmasters. Take a look at the screws holding the robot head and Headmaster bodies together. They're not black. They've all been black up to this point. Takara usually makes a point of using black screws too. These are all bare metallic screws, such as the one Hasbro uses. Could these all simply be painted Hasbro figures at this stage? If so, I wonder why the Headmasters would lag behind in production like that. The larger figures mostly seem to be finished products, or at least ready to hit the mass production line.

All of these look to be at different points in production. Triggerhappy seems to be final, though we haven't seen his head in bot mode to tell what screw it has. Kickback also seems to be final, the wings give that away since Hasbro's has yellow wings. Brawn is entirely hand painted and may be Hasbro's repainted, check out the open top being black inside for no practical reason just like Hasbro's which was black for the windows. Same goes for Repugnus and Clouder, both are entirely coated in paint, not molded plastic.

Anyway, these all look fantastic and I've put them all on order with AmiAmi. I'll be keeping my Hasbro versions as well, when the differences are this big I don't mind double dipping sometimes.

Emerje
Re: Larger Images and Comparisons of Takara Transformers Legends Kickback, Brawn and Triggerhappy (1881948)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 16th, 2017 @ 12:50am CDT
Out of all of those, I'd probably just get Kickback and Clouder, and only because of Clouder representing a Legends-only character. I'm gonna wait and see what Hasbro does with the new Targetmaster molds, so Rodimus, Kup and Triggerhappy are skipped.
Re: Larger Images and Comparisons of Takara Transformers Legends Kickback, Brawn and Triggerhappy (1882137)
Posted by .... on May 16th, 2017 @ 5:14pm CDT
I see a little splotch of white behind Triggerhappy's head, so I wonder if they painted his titanmaster to also be Blowpipe. Targetmaster Blowpipe can have a Blowpipe minime! :D
Re: Larger Images and Comparisons of Takara Transformers Legends Kickback, Brawn and Triggerhappy (1882155)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 16th, 2017 @ 5:52pm CDT
Via our many sponsors, we have some new pre-orders for you guys to check out! After receiving numerous emails from sponsors and fans alike, we are going to list the current locations where you can place your pre-orders for the upcoming Takara Legends Triggerhappy, Brawn with Repugnus, and Kickback with Clouder. You can find the pre-order listings below!

BigBadToyStore: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/sear ... %20Legends

TFSource: https://tfsource.com/japanese-legends/

Robot Kingdom: http://www.robotkingdom.com/catalogsear ... rs+legends

Chosen Prime: http://www.thechosenprime.com/Takara-Ti ... 166-2.html

HobbyLink Japan: https://hlj.com/search/go?w=takara%20legends
Re: Larger Images and Comparisons of Takara Transformers Legends Kickback, Brawn and Triggerhappy (1882186)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 16th, 2017 @ 8:51pm CDT
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

:lol: :lol: :lol: You're ordering from an outfit that routinely "mislabels" the cost of their goods to be lower than the next competition? 8-} 8-} 8-} Normally I wouldn't give a frack where you order but given how you made such a big issue about Dinoser's cost? :HEADHURTS:
Re: Larger Images and Comparisons of Takara Transformers Legends Kickback, Brawn and Triggerhappy (1882193)
Posted by Emerje on May 16th, 2017 @ 10:02pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Uh, what? I've been using AmiAmi since 2010, they're always my first choice for Japanese figures. I currently have 13 open orders with them for 19 figures. They've always had some of the lowest prices around, that has never been my issue. In fact I have no issues with them at all. All I was pointing out, and I can't believe you STILL don't understand it as many times as I've explained it to you, is that the price they start with includes tax, that way when they do a discount the percentage off is bigger and more impressive. That's all.

Emerje
Re: Larger Images and Comparisons of Takara Transformers Legends Kickback, Brawn and Triggerhappy (1882201)
Posted by Burn on May 16th, 2017 @ 11:23pm CDT
This isn't the place to be discussing a businesses pricing policies.

Let's end that particular line of conversation.

Oh and fenrir72, Emerje is allowed to order from where he wants, he doesn't need to justify his buying habits to anyone but himself. :D
Re: Larger Images and Comparisons of Takara Transformers Legends Kickback, Brawn and Triggerhappy (1882207)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on May 16th, 2017 @ 11:38pm CDT
Not long ago I found a Six Shot and I feel his over all look is a good homage to his G1 counterpart. Should Takara decide to give Six Shot a spin I can only see them giving his wheels paint like G1. Not too much more than that IMO We'll have to wait to see what happens...hopefully not too long a wait.

Anyone think Takara may tap Sky Shadow for release? :PRAY: :VEHI:
Re: Larger Images and Comparisons of Takara Transformers Legends Kickback, Brawn and Triggerhappy (1882239)
Posted by Agamemnon on May 17th, 2017 @ 6:31am CDT
Prime Target wrote:Does Anyone know if Brawn's Shield is removable? :-?

I believe so, yes. I think in the TR thread there was a pic of the shield pegging in as a backpack.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars CW Bruticus Brand New In Sealed Packing 5 Figures" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG29 Wheelie & Go-Shooter Headmasters *B1#2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Mindwipe + Headmaster Vorath deluxe class New" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors UW06 Grand Galvatron Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG29 Wheelie & Go-Shooter Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-54 Seaspray & Lione" on EBAY