Last Chance! Ebay auctions for Bumblebee and Allspark are closing soon!

Last Chance!  Ebay auctions for Bumblebee and Allspark are closing soon!

Wednesday, July 18th, 2007 11:24am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Collectables, Store News
Posted by: Bed Bugs   Views: 19,434

Got money? The two movie props from the Transformers Movie that are listed on eBay.com are about to close. For anybody seriously considering bidding on these auctions, you have, as of this news post, a little over 8 hours.

Be sure to sign that loan application before you bid though, as these are sure to be bank-breakers when the dust settles.

Currently, the Bumblebee Camaro has a high bid of $30,100!

The Allspark is going for even more! Current high bid is $40,100

Please remember though, before slamming the prices that these are 1 of a kind items and that all proceeds go to the Fisher House Foundation.

Credit(s): harmonious_hog

Re: Last Chance! Ebay auctions for Bumblebee and Allspark are closing soon! (229086)
Posted by 1337W422102 on July 18th, 2007 @ 11:28am CDT
Man, those questions are retarded. Except for the 'Is the car driveable?' the other questions must have been written by 12-year olds: "Does it shoot fire," and "Does it transform."

Hell, even Ask Vector Prime had some smarter questions than those....
Re: Last Chance! Ebay auctions for Bumblebee and Allspark are closing soon! (229090)
Posted by trailbreaker on July 18th, 2007 @ 11:29am CDT
LMAO! The Bumblebee auction has EBAY User questions on it. Someone asked if the car actually shoots fire.....
Re: Last Chance! Ebay auctions for Bumblebee and Allspark are closing soon! (229092)
Posted by Talon523 on July 18th, 2007 @ 11:30am CDT
LOLOL. I think someone was having fun with them.
Re: Last Chance! Ebay auctions for Bumblebee and Allspark are closing soon! (229097)
Posted by Delta82 on July 18th, 2007 @ 11:32am CDT
im surprised that noone asked if the Allspark could make decepticons lol, that would of been funny
Re: Last Chance! Ebay auctions for Bumblebee and Allspark are closing soon! (229111)
Posted by First Gen on July 18th, 2007 @ 11:38am CDT
Re: Last Chance! Ebay auctions for Bumblebee and Allspark are closing soon! (229146)
Posted by 1337W422102 on July 18th, 2007 @ 11:55am CDT
First Gen wrote:I didnt even bother reading the auctions once I saw the bids, is this money going to charity or something?

The last line says it goes to the Fisher House Foundation.
Re: Last Chance! Ebay auctions for Bumblebee and Allspark are closing soon! (229173)
Posted by Jawnee on July 18th, 2007 @ 12:10pm CDT
Re: Last Chance! Ebay auctions for Bumblebee and Allspark are closing soon! (229180)
Posted by 1337W422102 on July 18th, 2007 @ 12:14pm CDT
Jawnee wrote:It never ceases to amaze me that there are people stupid enough to pay that much money for a car you could build at home to look EXACTLY like the one from the movie for like... $5k... tops.

Re: Last Chance! Ebay auctions for Bumblebee and Allspark are closing soon! (229191)
Posted by GetterDragun on July 18th, 2007 @ 12:17pm CDT
1337W422102 wrote:

The thing you're forgetting is that they're paying for this car because it's THE car that was IN the movie, not just an old banger they bought off they're uncle, you know?

I agree. It ceases to amaze me that people don't understand that there are movie memorabilia collectors who want the actual movie stuff. Plus making one your self won't be exact.
Re: Last Chance! Ebay auctions for Bumblebee and Allspark are closing soon! (229227)
Posted by Jawnee on July 18th, 2007 @ 12:31pm CDT
GetterDragun wrote:
1337W422102 wrote:

Make no mistake, I understand that there are people who collect movie memorabilia and that they want the ACTUAL movie stuff. I understand that completely and it would be one thing if said prop was "one of a kind". That I could get behind and support... but this is a camero you could literally get for less than a thousand bucks... if you shopped around.

But there is nothing "original" (or exact for that matter) about the car AT ALL, other than it has an autobot logo on the steering wheel and was driven on set. Forgive me if I reserve my right to think it's ridiculous to pay $30,000+ for a $1,000 (or less) car that was "in a movie" and looks like 100 other cars I've seen sitting in the front lawns of backwoods towns all over the US with 4-SALE signs in them.

1337W422102 wrote:The thing you're forgetting is that they're paying for this car because it's THE car that was IN the movie, not just an old banger they bought off their uncle, you know?

I'm not forgetting that fact... I'm well aware of it. That is what makes it so funny. Where do you think Michael Bay bought it? It is nice that the money goes to charity so I'll give them that but I just can't understand the logic of buying paying that much for something that is hardly "one of a kind" just because it was in a movie.
Re: Last Chance! Ebay auctions for Bumblebee and Allspark are closing soon! (229234)
Posted by 1337W422102 on July 18th, 2007 @ 12:35pm CDT
Jawnee wrote:
GetterDragun wrote:
1337W422102 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't pay that much for THAT car. I'd might as well make my OWN oldschool Camaro! With blackjack! And hookers!
Re: Last Chance! Ebay auctions for Bumblebee and Allspark are closing soon! (229241)
Posted by Jawnee on July 18th, 2007 @ 12:39pm CDT

:lol:
Re: Last Chance! Ebay auctions for Bumblebee and Allspark are closing soon! (229242)
Posted by GetterDragun on July 18th, 2007 @ 12:39pm CDT
Jawnee wrote:
GetterDragun wrote:
1337W422102 wrote:

Re: Last Chance! Ebay auctions for Bumblebee and Allspark are closing soon! (229252)
Posted by Jawnee on July 18th, 2007 @ 12:42pm CDT
I understand what you're sayin GetterDragun and I'm not tryin to argue I'm just expressing a matter of opinion. At the end of the day the only REAL difference between that Camero and one I buy for a grand is the serial numbers don't match. Admittedly it's my fault I don't understand the appeal. I simply can't relate with spending that much money on something I can make myself for less. It's kinda my philosophy with everything really... I'm one of those do it yourself types.
Re: Last Chance! Ebay auctions for Bumblebee and Allspark are closing soon! (229262)
Posted by 1337W422102 on July 18th, 2007 @ 12:45pm CDT
GetterDragun wrote:Movie cars hold their value and $30,000 is not that much. The FnF Supra went for $100,000 and the original Dukes of Hazard car went for like $10 million a few weeks ago. So yea, you can spend 5 grand or so on an old Camaro and sell it for the same or maybe less, but this one should hold its value.

Easy there, GD! I'm not saying it's NOT worth it, I'm just saying I wouldn't pay that much, that's all.

Now a certain modified DeLorean, a specific modified '50s Cadillac hearse, or a special black '82 Trans Am, those are different stories!
Re: Last Chance! Ebay auctions for Bumblebee and Allspark are closing soon! (229266)
Posted by Ninja Sixshot on July 18th, 2007 @ 12:46pm CDT
i thought BB would still be at $24,300.
Re: Last Chance! Ebay auctions for Bumblebee and Allspark are closing soon! (230070)
Posted by i_amtrunks on July 18th, 2007 @ 6:56pm CDT
These auctions have sat still for the past 3 days, and I cant believe that a cardboard/foam cube is going for $10,000 more than a fully functioning car.
Admittedly the cube would be easier to store and maintain than the car, but still...

I expect a flurry now since its almost into the final hour.
Re: Last Chance! Ebay auctions for Bumblebee and Allspark are closing soon! (230296)
Posted by Air Commander Starscream on July 18th, 2007 @ 9:08pm CDT
40,000 for Bumblebee.... Seem's a little low. I was expecting a lot more for the car. If only I had a large amount of excess money....if only....
Re: Last Chance! Ebay auctions for Bumblebee and Allspark are closing soon! (230333)
Posted by i_amtrunks on July 18th, 2007 @ 9:33pm CDT
13 more bids for the box than the car...

Bumblebee's Classic Camaro mode ended up going for $40,100.01, so it gained $10,000 in the final hour.

The Allspark cube however sold for $20,100. I could have sworn that only an hour before it ended it was upo around the $40,000 mark, yet the history shows it only ever reaching the $20,000 mark just as the auction ended.

Crazy crazy ebay.
Re: Last Chance! Ebay auctions for Bumblebee and Allspark are closing soon! (233674)
Posted by Talon523 on July 20th, 2007 @ 12:12pm CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:13 more bids for the box than the car...

Crazy crazy ebay.

It was at $40k. I don't know what happened. I checked a few hours before it ended and it was at $30k. Two people must have retracted bids.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers 2005 Botcon Exclusive Universe Ratchet COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 2005 Botcon Exclusive Timelines Universe Ironhide w/ weapon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Autobody Roadbuster SEALED " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS DOTM Mechtech Voyager Class Shockwave Action Figure 2011 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RAMJET - G2-Botcon Club 2011 -USA generation 2 redux seeker" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Side of the Moon Energon  Sword Megatron Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage Transformers DOTM Deluxe Class Autobot Sideswipe Walmart Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS WFC E24 SKYLYNX E11 OPTIMUS PRIME" on EBAY