Last Stand of the Wreckers #3 - Five Page Preview

Last Stand of the Wreckers #3 - Five Page Preview

Tuesday, March 23rd, 2010 9:15pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 26,716

We finally have a five-page preview (albeit electronically) of Last Stand of the Wreckers #3 via IDW Editor Denton Tipton. The comic is set for release tomorrow! Check out what he shares with us below!

So here's a preview of the third installment of Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers, written by James Roberts and Nick Roche. Those with a keen artistic eye will notice that two of these pages aren't drawn by the fantabulous Nick Roche. But you'll be happy to know that fan-favorite and all-around nice guy Guido Guidi handled the pages involving Kup's team in this issue, and will be seeing some more action in #4, setting up an all-Roche grand finale in #5.

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): Denton Tipton

Re: Last Stand of the Wreckers #3 - Five Page Preview (1057510)
Posted by Heckfire on March 23rd, 2010 @ 11:48pm CDT
"WRECKERS COMBINE!"

...this book is friggin' awesome.
Re: Last Stand of the Wreckers #3 - Five Page Preview (1057520)
Posted by Mechabreaker on March 24th, 2010 @ 12:56am CDT
Awesome, I am definitely heading down to my comic shop to pick this book up, I really like this series!
Re: Last Stand of the Wreckers #3 - Five Page Preview (1057537)
Posted by Blurrz on March 24th, 2010 @ 2:13am CDT
Heckfire wrote:"WRECKERS COMBINE!"

LOL
Re: Last Stand of the Wreckers #3 - Five Page Preview (1057575)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 24th, 2010 @ 5:16am CDT
Oh man I'm having a feeling that Rotorstorm is the guy that'll get axed. He's the kind of character they make you love just to take him away and damn do I love him.

Also:
Rotorstorm wrote:"WRECKERS COMBINE!"

F++king brilliant. :lol:
Re: Last Stand of the Wreckers #3 - Five Page Preview (1057610)
Posted by Jeysie on March 24th, 2010 @ 7:36am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:This series is epic and might change my view of the idw verse to go and collect it once more.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Roche and Roberts may know what they're doing, but IDW's other current writers still don't, IMHO. Wreckers is likely to be the last IDW title I pick up until Roche and/or Roberts do another project, or they otherwise get someone on the property who understands characterization, continuity, and plot progression even half as well. (On the plus side, it does free me up to possibly afford to stay subbed at the TFCC, where the writers have actually been putting out fun writing fairly consistently lately...)

Anyhoo, on to cheerier topics! If Rotorstorm dies, I'm gonna be sad... he's been my fave from issue one. *sniffle* And I have a feeling that "Wreckers: Combine!" is going to be a catch phrase in the fandom now...
Re: Last Stand of the Wreckers #3 - Five Page Preview (1057613)
Posted by justynnbailey on March 24th, 2010 @ 7:38am CDT
"WRECKERS COMBINE!"

Probably the funniest line I've read in a Transformers book.
Re: Last Stand of the Wreckers #3 - Five Page Preview (1057733)
Posted by Joetx on March 24th, 2010 @ 3:13pm CDT
Jeysie wrote:And I have a feeling that "Wreckers: Combine!" is going to be a catch phrase in the fandom now...

Good enough to displace "Wreck 'n rule"?

I love this series as well. My only problem with it is that there are a lot of characters from G1.5/G2 that many of us are unfamiliar with. Sometimes it's difficult to ascertain whether a certain robot was ever a real toy vs. a nobody destined for the scrap heap. Therefore, it would be nice if they were labeled, even if they don't have a speaking part.
Re: Last Stand of the Wreckers #3 - Five Page Preview (1057914)
Posted by goshjosh95 on March 25th, 2010 @ 4:13am CDT
That was a FANTASTIC issue... can't wait for the next one.

I like the idea of "Wreckers Combine!" catching on with our fandom. :KREMZEEK:
Re: Last Stand of the Wreckers #3 - Five Page Preview (1058870)
Posted by Mechabreaker on March 28th, 2010 @ 5:48am CDT
R.I.P. Rotorstorm, You will be missed! :sad:
Re: Last Stand of the Wreckers #3 - Five Page Preview (1058875)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 28th, 2010 @ 6:55am CDT
Mechabreaker wrote:R.I.P. Rotorstorm, You will be missed! :sad:

Ditto, bt you know he's so awesome he might actually come back and laugh it off. :-(
Re: Last Stand of the Wreckers #3 - Five Page Preview (1059300)
Posted by ponycorn on March 29th, 2010 @ 1:15pm CDT

Mechabreaker wrote:R.I.P. Rotorstorm, You will be missed! :sad:
I loved that guy! What a heavy couple of pages. You could tell that him and Overlord maybe saw a little something of eachother in eachother's optics. For that brief moment they were standing on some sort of common ground, yeah, right before... #-o
Re: Last Stand of the Wreckers #3 - Five Page Preview (1059317)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 29th, 2010 @ 2:13pm CDT
ponycorn wrote:Shockwave! I think I need to re-read the end of Max Dinobots. Did Shockwave get sent to G9 as a prisoner? However he got there, it was a treat to see Overlord interacting with someone he clearly regards as a peer. We had not seen that aspect of him yet, not even during the meeting with Megatron and the other PhaseSixers, during which he thinly veiled his contempt for the lot of them. I'm also very intrigued by Shockwave's comment that Overlord is not the first PhaseSixer to bait Megatron.

He wasn't sent to G9 as a prisoner he just left the battle with Scorponok and the Dinobots once Soundwave had cracked the bomb codes. From what I got from that discussion with Overlord, Shockwave was sent by Megatron to infect Overlord with a virus and kill him. Lucky for Overlord that Shockwave seems to have plans for which he needs Overlord alive.

I hope Overlord gets what he deserves after doing what he did.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Netflix Megatron With Skelivore War for Cybertron New Sealed In Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge/Sweeps Body Part, Right Side Shield" on EBAY
Buy "Armada of Cyclonus Scourge Sweep Set of 3 | Transformers Platinum Edition Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "2017 Transformers Collertors Club TFSS Series 5.0 Shattered Glass Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "G1 transformers Diamond Select bust Coronation Starscream 445/600 broken read" on EBAY
Buy "NEWinbox "Armada of Cyclonus" Hasbro Transformers 3pc Set Cyclonus+Sweep+Scourge" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2021 Buzzworthy Bumblebee Robot Action Figure - F1288" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series #40BB Deluxe Decepticon Shatter" on EBAY