Transformers News: Latest Updates on the Studio Series with Listing for Tattooed Starscream, KSI Bot and Movie 6 Label

Wednesday, April 18th, 2018 10:12PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 22,198

The Studio Series is turning out to be the hottest Transformers toy line this year. As such there is a lot of interest and a lot of news, and not all of it gets properly explained or fully reported. So here are some bits of news that might have gone under the radar.

Many are wondering if the line will continue and we know for a fact that it will. Hasbro did confirm that later this year, this line will have toys representing elements from the 2018 Bumblebee movie. This line is very much like Star Wars Black Series in the way that while it will feature characters from across the movie franchise, it will be in this line that the more collector oriented toys for the 2018 movie will be released.

As a matter of fact, the Studio Series line itself, right now, is labeled as the Movie 6 toyline (as can be seen below). So it is meant to be on shelves the same year the movie comes out, though not necessarily having only characters from the film. This is all just to say that there will be more toys in this line past wave 2.

Now, about those toys, we know that an Ironhide is coming, along with a tattooed redeco of wave 1 Starscream (that hopefully comes with that saw weapon we keep seeing). We have a listing for this Starscream and a description which you can read below.

Starscream figure with Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Cybertronian glyph tattoo deco
Premium figure and packaging inspired by the iconic Forest Fight scene
Figure scale reflects the character’s size in the world of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Converts between robot and F-22 Raptor modes in 26 steps. Removable backdrop displays Starscream figure in Forest Fight scene.
Includes Transformers Studio Series 21 Voyager Class Movie 2 Starscream figure, detailed weapon accessory, removable backdrop, and instructions. Ages 8 and up.

Reach past the big screen and build the ultimate Transformers collection with Studio Series figures, inspired by iconic movie scenes and designed with specs and details to reflect the Transformers movie universe. In the Forest Fight from Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Starscream weaves through the trees in pursuit of Sam Witwicky and the Cybertronian secrets locked inside his mind. Racing toward his prey, he's pulled into a brutal battle against Optimus Prime. This Studio Series 21 Voyager Class Movie 2 Starscream figure converts from robot to F-22 Raptor mode in 26 steps and comes with a detailed weapon accessory. Remove backdrop to showcase Starscream in the Forest Fight scene. Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor, associated emblems and logos, and body designs of vehicles are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Lockheed Martin Corporation in the USA and/or other jurisdictions, used under license by DreamWorks, LLC. Transformers and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro.

We also know of a different voyager Optimus Prime toy coming and a voyager Bonecrusher toy.

Lastly, while there are other placeholder listings with code names for other classes, the one that has our attention is a listing with the title of "Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Ksi Sentry". Unlike other code names (like Stryker for Bumblebee), KSI does reffer to bots from the live action films. It is all speculation at this point, but we wished to point it out.

Transformers News: Latest Updates on the Studio Series with Listing for Tatooed Starscream, KSI Bot and Movie 6 Label
Credit(s): Amazon
Re: Latest Updates on the Studio Series with Listing for Tattooed Starscream, KSI Bot and Movie 6 Label (1954047)
Posted by Terrsolpix on April 18th, 2018 @ 10:40pm CDT
Just say if he has the buzzsaw or the rockets grrrrr :evil:
Re: Latest Updates on the Studio Series with Listing for Tattooed Starscream, KSI Bot and Movie 6 Label (1954050)
Posted by Sunstar on April 18th, 2018 @ 10:55pm CDT
Terrsolpix wrote:Just say if he has the buzzsaw or the rockets grrrrr :evil:

I guess that answers my question.

All the pics I saw of it before he had the saw, mine did not come with one, I assume that is intentional? Mildly disappointed with that. I really wanted the saw.
Re: Latest Updates on the Studio Series with Listing for Tattooed Starscream, KSI Bot and Movie 6 Label (1954056)
Posted by fruityrobo on April 18th, 2018 @ 11:42pm CDT

Bumblebee and Knock Out for the deluxes are my guess

But who is the leader? Maybe the VW masterpiece that was leaked before?
Re: Latest Updates on the Studio Series with Listing for Tattooed Starscream, KSI Bot and Movie 6 Label (1954058)
Posted by Emerje on April 19th, 2018 @ 12:11am CDT
I'm guessing the KSI Sentry is the canon fodder Trax drones. Going to take a little work to make one red car look different from another, though.

This isn't the first time we've seen the Sentry listed apparently. Not sure if it was reported here, but the other day I found a report on TFW from over a month ago listing "KSI Sentry" (formerly "Sentry"), "Raider" (formerly Mercenary), "Unknown Hero" (formerly "Blue Light"), and another Bumblebee as "Stryker 1". Aside from KSI Sentry the others might be from movie 6. I could see Raider being that red car with all the lights on it. No idea what Unknown Hero would be, I would assume something blue?

Emerje
Re: Latest Updates on the Studio Series with Listing for Tattooed Starscream, KSI Bot and Movie 6 Label (1954059)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 19th, 2018 @ 12:16am CDT
Re: Latest Updates on the Studio Series with Listing for Tattooed Starscream, KSI Bot and Movie 6 Label (1954061)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on April 19th, 2018 @ 12:32am CDT
Well, guys, I caved! After seeing some reviews on YouTube, seeing the pictures in this thread, and then seeing the figures in stores (Walmart and Target) here in the Twin Cities, I went ahead and bought Bumblebee, Ratchet, and Starscream, restarting my collection of live action movie figures again. I had sold off my movie figures for the first time when things took a down-turn after Dark of the Moon. I started picking some up again after Age of Extinction (because Hound and Dinobots), and then I sold them off again when I decided to focus instead on G1 Generations and Masterpiece. Now, here I am again. I'm really going to try and pace myself this time and be patient, filling out most of my new collection with the Studio Series and sticking to only on-screen characters.

With that said, I've got some initial first impressions of my inaugural haul. Bumblebee is my least favorite of the three. I do like his smallish size, but I feel he's a bit overpriced at $19.99. The paint work is great, but the figure itself suffers from pieces popping off all the freaking time, like his forearms and especially pieces of his car roof and hood! The transformation is fairly intuitive, if fiddly. I got most of it down without need for the instructions at all. The part that tripped me up for almost a half hour was getting the car hood to snap into place. After staring at the unhelpful diagram in the instructions, showing it magically clicking into place, studying a YouTube video, and looking at pictures on the internet of the toy from all sorts of angles, I finally figure out that you kind of have to "smoosh" the grill of the hood through the space between the headlight, not pull it down over it.

Ratchet is much better than Bumblebee in my opinion. His transformation was easy to figure out without the instructions. The paint job is also good. He's bigger than Bumblebee by quite a bit for them being the same size class. The only part that was a little scary was initially turning the front chunk of the Hummer around for transformation to vehicle mode. That simple twist joint was VERY tight, and I thought I might be doing damage to my figure, but all is well. Transforming him back, that joint seemed to move much more easily. The only criticisms I have are that Ratchet should have maybe been a bit bigger still. If that wasn't something Hasbro and Takara could have pulled off in Deluxe scale, maybe they should have made him a smaller Voyager figure with more accessories. Again, he's a bit pricy at $19.99, but a better value than Bumblebee.

Last but certainly not least is Starscream. He is amazing! He looks the part, and he's got the good Movie 1 paintjob that I prefer over the tattooed look from RotF onward. I love that they straight up borrowed the engineering from the Deluxe DotM toy. That was a great design, and having it in Voyager scale has created, at last, the perfect Movie Starscream toy (besides the Leader class/"Masterpiece version). I appreciate too that the alt mode is so well done for a jet transformer. Yes, there is still a bunch of kibble under the plane, but it doesn't look like a robot laying down on his belly with an airplane on his back. All of Starscream's parts fold up neatly and snuggly. Most of the kibble tabs together perfectly, and no space is wasted either. He looks good from the front, from the sides, and from behind. Most jet Transformers nowadays can only create the illusion from a top down perspective. The ONLY thing that I find sad with Starscream is that he only comes with ONE missile rack accessory instead of two. I would want two just to put them under the wings and have symmetry in alt mode. Starscream is nice and big for a contemporary Voyager figure too. The plastic feels nice and sturdy too, and he doesn't have any soft "rubbery" parts either. He's easily worth the $29.99 MSRP.

I'd say this Starscream is the biggest reason I even entertained getting into collecting the movie figures for a third time. I hope we get some exciting reveals in the coming months (SDCC, perhaps?) that show that the Studio Series line has legs to go the distance and give us most of the major on-screen characters for the live action movies to date! :)
Re: Latest Updates on the Studio Series with Listing for Tattooed Starscream, KSI Bot and Movie 6 Label (1954069)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 19th, 2018 @ 1:44am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote: If that wasn't something Hasbro and Takara could have pulled off in Deluxe scale, maybe they should have made him a smaller Voyager figure with more accessories.

Problem there is Optimus Prime is probably the smallest a Voyager can be to keep Starscream a big toy while keeping Starscream a Voyager too. I think Ratchet's height is fine. He's taller than his previous Deluxe figures have been.

Sorry about your Bee being faulty. The forearms don't pop off on mine at all and the roof was an easy 'fix'. The hood has never come off mine but can be a pain to put into place in both modes (as I said before I'm probably doing it wrong cos i seen other folk do it with ease).

And yeah Starscream is awesome. And I'm gonna buy the RotF figure too cos I prefer that look and while I'm not usually keen on buying two of the same toy (even when in totally different colours as a different character) I frickin' love this figure so much I'm quite happy to own two of them. :)

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:The Starscream redeco is #21? The latest we have is #13, Megatron. Lots of space in between.

This is interesting. :D Also I'm probably gonna need more shelves. I love the backdrops so much but they do require a tad more space rather than smooshing as many figures as I can into tight spaces but I should be displaying them all neatly anyways and yeah..shelves... need more. The backdrops make it like the figures are halfway displayed boxed but open at the same time. Neat but easily accessible to pick the figure out and play with it. :)
Re: Latest Updates on the Studio Series with Listing for Tattooed Starscream, KSI Bot and Movie 6 Label (1954070)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 19th, 2018 @ 1:54am CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:

Here is one with all of them:

It's a nice group photo but again doesn't really show the robot height differences very well with that angle and arrangement and Grimlock's in dino mode. :P
Awesome collection though. :D
Re: Latest Updates on the Studio Series with Listing for Tattooed Starscream, KSI Bot and Movie 6 Label (1954079)
Posted by Rated X on April 19th, 2018 @ 5:31am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:

Here is one with all of them:

Awesome collection though. :D

Holy s**t is that a hole in the back of Grimlocks head? Im looking straight through his jaw at that jar behind him. Kind of discourages me from getting him. I only want Grimlock if they do all 4 movie dinobots. Also, I didnt open my Thundercracker either. I see him more as a souvenir to TRUs demise. I dont even know why he is in the studio line to begin with since hes not a actual movie character. All these people thinking the gaps between #13 and #21 are going to be movie desirable characters might be in for a suprise, lol. I smell a Cliffjumper repaint of Bumblebee, and Skywarp repaint of Starscream, and everybodys favorite desert camo Brawl. Yall forgot this is Hasbro were talking about. They arent just going to use the molds once. Cows will continue to be milked. I dont see this being like a star wars black series in the long run. These are Transformers, not action figures. There are not as many movie accurate ways to recycle a mold as there are with stormtroopers or clone droids.
Re: Latest Updates on the Studio Series with Listing for Tattooed Starscream, KSI Bot and Movie 6 Label (1954083)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 19th, 2018 @ 6:07am CDT
Transforners are action figures though...Also so what if hasbro reuses the molds, it's expensive business to make them in the first place
Re: Latest Updates on the Studio Series with Listing for Tattooed Starscream, KSI Bot and Movie 6 Label (1954107)
Posted by RiddlerJ on April 19th, 2018 @ 8:08am CDT
Did anyone ever like the tattoos on Starscream? I never got the point.
Re: Latest Updates on the Studio Series with Listing for Tattooed Starscream, KSI Bot and Movie 6 Label (1954108)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 19th, 2018 @ 8:10am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:Did anyone ever like the tattoos on Starscream? I never got the point.

Yes. Me. I've always found them very visually appealing and unique for a Transformer. Which is odd cos I have zero interest in real tattoos in general and don't have any myself. :P
Re: Latest Updates on the Studio Series with Listing for Tattooed Starscream, KSI Bot and Movie 6 Label (1954124)
Posted by Octobotimus on April 19th, 2018 @ 9:14am CDT
fruityrobo wrote:So for the Bumblebee movie, we have a leader, and two deluxe classes? Who could they be?

Bumblebee and Knock Out for the deluxes are my guess

But who is the leader? Maybe the VW masterpiece that was leaked before?

the VW masterpiece would be selling for about $80-$90 and knockout was confirmed to be just a rumored name and is most likely made up by fan of knockout from tf prime.
Re: Latest Updates on the Studio Series with Listing for Tattooed Starscream, KSI Bot and Movie 6 Label (1954142)
Posted by Black Hat on April 19th, 2018 @ 11:06am CDT
Rated X wrote:These are Transformers, not action figures.

Transformers ARE action figures, silly. :lol:
Re: Latest Updates on the Studio Series with Listing for Tattooed Starscream, KSI Bot and Movie 6 Label (1954191)
Posted by william-james88 on April 19th, 2018 @ 1:33pm CDT
We have known for a good while that Takara's release of the Transformers Studio Series would be near identical to Hasbro's release. But how identical exactly? Well, the boxes turn out to be a bit different, much more different than simply adding a sticker, which has been the case for previous movie toy lines. Most english writing has been turned to Japanese, especially in the back, and the Hasbro logo has been removed to only have the Takara logo.

Also, there is no presence of a window on the side, which so far shows a big autobot logo regardless if the toy is an Autobot or Decepticon. It makes sense that the boxes would be different, since Thundercraker is not on Takara's release schedule and the number he has from Hasbro is instead given to Takara's release of Jazz. The differences mentioned are only regarding the packaging, of course, since the figures have long been confirmed to be identical. Still for our Japanese fans and any fan who does not anticipate seeing the Hasbro versions in their area (and would thus consider ordering these), this is our first look at what the packaging will look like. The images below come from Hobby Search, Alfes on Twitter and Planet Iacon and we can even see a comparison between the Takara and Hasbro packaging.

Re: Latest Updates on the Studio Series with Listing for Tattooed Starscream, KSI Bot and Movie 6 Label (1954270)
Posted by beastwarsbrah on April 19th, 2018 @ 4:46pm CDT
Re: Latest Updates on the Studio Series with Listing for Tattooed Starscream, KSI Bot and Movie 6 Label (1954276)
Posted by Ig89ninja on April 19th, 2018 @ 5:11pm CDT
beastwarsbrah wrote:Not a big deal, but wasn't stinger more pink than red in the movie? And the way bee spun around I always thought stinger was female.

Wait, STINGER'S A GIRL!?! :shock:
Re: Latest Updates on the Studio Series with Listing for Tattooed Starscream, KSI Bot and Movie 6 Label (1954280)
Posted by beastwarsbrah on April 19th, 2018 @ 5:17pm CDT
Ig89ninja wrote:

Wait, STINGER'S A GIRL!?! :shock:

Apparently not. I just assumed because it's pink and bee does that back spin thing like hes trying to hit on it or something
Re: Latest Updates on the Studio Series with Listing for Tattooed Starscream, KSI Bot and Movie 6 Label (1954283)
Posted by william-james88 on April 19th, 2018 @ 5:25pm CDT
Stinger has no gender, or specific identity aside from a name, and probably no sentience. It's a man made robot.
Re: Latest Updates on the Studio Series with Listing for Tattooed Starscream, KSI Bot and Movie 6 Label (1954290)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 19th, 2018 @ 6:48pm CDT
beastwarsbrah wrote:
Ig89ninja wrote:

Wait, STINGER'S A GIRL!?! :shock:

Dude.
What are the numbers below?

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #209 - Under Siege
"Under Siege"
Posted: Sunday, October 7th, 2018

Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS HASBRO 2015 DECEPTICON COMBATICONS BRAWL" on EBAY
Buy "Skywarp Thrilling 30 100% Complete Deluxe Generations Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Orion Pax Thrilling 30 100% Complete Deluxe Generations Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Sideswipe FOC 100% Complete Deluxe Generations Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Grimlock FOC 100% Complete Voyager Generations Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Megatron Thrilling 30 100% Complete Deluxe Generations Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime FOC 100% Complete Deluxe Generations Transformers" on EBAY