Launch Promo Cards Revealed For Transformers TCG Wave 5 Titan Masters Attack

Launch Promo Cards Revealed For Transformers TCG Wave 5 Titan Masters Attack

Thursday, February 6th, 2020 3:26pm CST

Categories: Game News, Collectables
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 27,661

Greetings Seibertronians! Following on from last week's reveal about Wave 5 of Wizards of the Coast's Official Transformers Trading Card Game Wave 5 expansion, the company have followed up with revealing the special cards they'll be giving to stores that sign up through their Wizards Event Reporter service to host launch events for the expansion. The reveal was made on the Wizards Play Network.

These include 25 copies of a character card that you will not be in the booster packs when they are available. That character is Titan Master Arcana, who in the TCG is aligned with the Decepticons by the looks of things! This could be a nod to Brainstorms status as a Decepticon double agent, as revealed during the run of IDWs Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye by James Roberts.

Transformers News: Launch Promo Cards Revealed For Transformers TCG Wave 5 Titan Masters Attack

Stores will also get 15 sets of the three card combiner Tidal Wave, allowing you to amass your own dark fleet. Unlike Arcana, you can score Tidal Wave from booster packs of Titan Masters Attack.

The participating stores will also get two Titan Masters Attack posters to help advertise the event.

These are to help stores host their own casual launch parties and be used as give aways or prizes to support the trading card game.

What do you think of these reveals? Are you excited to get your hands on more of this expansion? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Wizards Play Network

Re: Launch Promo Cards Revealed For Transformers TCG Wave 5 Titan Masters Attack (2060917)
Posted by PerfectVision on April 16th, 2020 @ 2:16pm CDT
Swarp8-Flamewar7-Aimless Or Lockdown
Scavenge or soldierB X 1
Kintensifier-2B-ExtraP-Laser-Pop-Steady-OportunO-Hiding or stableC-Debiilitating-Plunder or designated-2B or coop-Sabotaged/1infiltrate-Shoulder

Lockdown require the coop and sabotaged +Swarp8,this is genius because he is unoriginal mostly.The Bpatrol want Aimless+Quarter or Novastorm+Overwhelming,the fastest untap is to tap them all.

Scream12-Skrap9 or Needle-Hyperdrive
Enforcement or bolt X1
Inverted-2B-backfire-Infiltrate or takeC-ForceF-2B-Smelt-Bug or inferno-Callous or Sjavelot-OB-OB-swindled-Nullray

Sound11 with laser or Deadlock,not special enough.

Scream13-Brunt or Blitzwing
Escape X1
espionage or Kintensifier-OB-Etransfert-Evasive or bashing-Sconsole-OB-Mining-Leap-Dcrown-Markman-ArmedH-Pep-Bravery or Epack

W-OB-O-B-W-OB-O-B-W-?-?-?-?
This formation work for every combiners except Devastator,the enigma should be immune to discard at best.

Trail or cross-Lio-Flack
EDF or reprocess X1
ForceF-Bolster-Scrapper-Treaure-Bbag or dataB-Mounted-Scavenge or jam-ErraticL or enforcement-Espionage anti bashing -Cdagger-Fight-Wedge-Composite

Cross can put the mounted in armor slot,remember that flack can always take it with lio.

Optimus11 or Detritus-Wheel1-Mudslinger
Noble or RR X1
WorkO-Unfliching-Stedy-Metal-Ion or Eaxe-Reinforced or Idurability-ForceF-PointP-BattleFS or smelt-Repurpose-teamup-Shoulder-Eaxe or dualwield
Detritus is resistant to pierce,wheel1 is the best user of the metal,the decipher+Missile with Jet16-Iron9,he can do double armedH or noble,the bonus is not tied to the weapon,it's the best team for global damage.

Ultra-Sandstorm
Sjavelot-OB-Emergency-Cybertonium-Head on-OB-Scrounge-Battering anti brave or armedH-Spare or debilitating-Shock-teamup-Squish or tackle-Markman

Octone-Thunder9 or mega12

Soundblaster-Impactor-Sight
Ressearch th Cdagger+Overwhelming

Astrotrain-Barricade-Ratbat
Ressearch the luckV and the photonB
Re: Launch Promo Cards Revealed For Transformers TCG Wave 5 Titan Masters Attack (2065861)
Posted by PerfectVision on May 30th, 2020 @ 4:04pm CDT
Shock11-Sparkstalker-Caliburst
? X1
EscapeC or MPF-2O-Disrupt or computerS-Epack-Callous-2O-Squish or ramming-Multimission-System-Bbeam-Underhanded-UFO-Brainstorm

The core of the magic damage is the system,i have talked about Springer4,i see Cosmo as an alternative to him.

I learnt than the press is banned but not the espionage?They have mentioned the Battitude...They are certainly LYING,they certainly KNOW the right reference IS the espionage(Better with anti bold character who are decepticons for no reason obyiously).Second time i say it by the the way.The alternative is the focusF,no other choice now.I will admit that these TWO cards are very dominants.

This game won't last long or shouldn't.Goodbye.
Re: Launch Promo Cards Revealed For Transformers TCG Wave 5 Titan Masters Attack (2065864)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 30th, 2020 @ 4:09pm CDT
I think the game is doing well enough, though the competitive scene will be hurt by the covid crisis.
Re: Launch Promo Cards Revealed For Transformers TCG Wave 5 Titan Masters Attack (2072879)
Posted by ScottyP on July 20th, 2020 @ 9:33am CDT
Fans of the Transformers Trading Card Game from Wizards of the Coast have bad news to wake up to this Monday morning, as a post on the game's official website reveals that the recently released Titan Masters Attack wave was the game's last. To put it another way while borrowing a classic "Furmanism", the Transformers TCG is over - finished! The text of the news release and the accompanying image posted on the game's Facebook page may be seen below.

TITAN MASTERS ATTACK IS THE TRANSFORMERS TCG FINAL RELEASE
For over two years, Wizards of the Coast has worked to create a great action TCG brand with the Transformers TCG. While the retailer and player community continued to grow, our product offerings didn’t meet the expectations of the broader fan base to engage further with the brand. Additionally, the current global situation posed by the COVID-19 pandemic presented additional hurdles. As such, Titan Masters Attack released on May 29, is the game’s final TCG release.

We are informing our players and retailers so they can make the best decisions regarding event participation and product ordering. The Transformers TCG team wishes to recognize the tremendous effort that fans and retailers put into building a great community.

“The Transformers TCG was truly a labor of love for the Wizards team, and we saw that enthusiasm and love echoed by players across the world,” said Drew Nolosco, Wizards of the Coast Global Brand Manager. “We are grateful to our fans, content creators, retailers, and distributors for the enthusiasm they brought to the game. The greater Transformers TCG fan community is perhaps the best TCG community I’ve had the privilege of working with.”

‘Til all are one.

To editorialize for a moment, as a collector of the product that appreciated the art and generally enjoys trading cards on their own, I'll be a little sad to see it go. While I wasn't active in actually playing the game, those that were tell me it was a really great and well crafted game. It seems anything that isn't toys has a hard time making headway with us Transformers fans, but that's just what I think, let us know what you think by replying to this post on our Energon Pub Forums.
Re: Launch Promo Cards Revealed For Transformers TCG Wave 5 Titan Masters Attack (2072884)
Posted by Shockblast7 on July 20th, 2020 @ 10:14am CDT
Well thats a shame. im just hoping I can use the "NO, You're Dead! I saw you die!" for this game
Re: Launch Promo Cards Revealed For Transformers TCG Wave 5 Titan Masters Attack (2072886)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 20th, 2020 @ 10:18am CDT
If no one buy and no one play, a TCG have no choice but to die. A bit sad for the few players though.

I remember the Sailor Moon TCG that I used to play and paid a few hundreds of dollars for... It only lasted 2 expansions and I played only with 3 other friends at the time. I still have the cards to this day.
Re: Launch Promo Cards Revealed For Transformers TCG Wave 5 Titan Masters Attack (2072887)
Posted by TulioDude on July 20th, 2020 @ 10:23am CDT

I didn't study this game rules throughly,so correct me if I am wrong,but this game plays just like Magic the Gathering or it's different?
Re: Launch Promo Cards Revealed For Transformers TCG Wave 5 Titan Masters Attack (2072892)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on July 20th, 2020 @ 10:52am CDT
I never got to play the game sadly, but I have been picking up the cards. the artwork and styling of the cards has been great. I can see that the game would be fun though, I have just never had anyone in my area interested in playing. Yet another transformers franchise cancelled before it's time.

Goodnight, sweet prince, we hardly knew ye.
Re: Launch Promo Cards Revealed For Transformers TCG Wave 5 Titan Masters Attack (2072895)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 20th, 2020 @ 11:41am CDT
TulioDude wrote:I didn't personally collected those cards,but I share my condolances for those who did.It's sad to see it go.

Re: Launch Promo Cards Revealed For Transformers TCG Wave 5 Titan Masters Attack (2072897)
Posted by TheForgottenTaxi on July 20th, 2020 @ 12:04pm CDT
Re: Launch Promo Cards Revealed For Transformers TCG Wave 5 Titan Masters Attack (2072903)
Posted by PerfectVision on July 20th, 2020 @ 12:35pm CDT
The TM are good only with Sideswipe or Quake,sorry.
Chrome-Gears7 or 8-Chromia7 or sides
Quake and two allies,one with Doom
W-PO-P-P-W-PO-P-P-W-B-B-B-B

Compared to the allmighty espionage,the hold alternerned with the speedT is good if your characters get stronger from trap(Turboboard is the partner for the Opatrol).Or maybe they just forgot its existence :lol:
Re: Launch Promo Cards Revealed For Transformers TCG Wave 5 Titan Masters Attack (2072904)
Posted by sol magnus on July 20th, 2020 @ 12:35pm CDT
I had been buying a ton of cards so that when things opened up again I could go out and learn how to play the game. I was unable to obtain a starter, so I don't have the rules to teach myself. It's kind of sad, but I'll probably play what I have with my son once I secondary a starter set.
Re: Launch Promo Cards Revealed For Transformers TCG Wave 5 Titan Masters Attack (2072928)
Posted by sideswipe6520 on July 20th, 2020 @ 4:14pm CDT
Well, it didn't help that after Combiner Wars the major retailers essentially quit carrying the game. My Target got some of wave 3 but then discontinued carrying after that. There are a number of players in my area and the only place to buy boxes locally was across town and they were usually sold out before I could ever get out there.
Re: Launch Promo Cards Revealed For Transformers TCG Wave 5 Titan Masters Attack (2072962)
Posted by ScottyP on July 20th, 2020 @ 8:03pm CDT
TulioDude wrote:It would been neat to see the game progress to a point where they could create orginal art for the cards.

TheForgottenTaxi wrote:As a massive TCG fan, I'd like to hope that WotC/Hasbro will take another crack at this someday. While you can tell they put effort into the game, and I know some people loved it, I didn't personally enjoy the gameplay.
As someone not in to TCGs that gave it an honest (though admittedly not my best) effort, it grew too complex too soon. Siege I was my limit, the last few games I played I couldn't even keep below the star cost and still got beaten handily. The most recent Strategems and Titan Masters were another layer of "what is even happening" to keep up with. Basically, as a total TCG noob the learning curve accelerated fast, kept throwing in new complexities at every turn, and it just became mentally taxing to keep up with it. Obviously you want to have new things so experienced players don't get bored, it was just too much. Has to be a happy medium somewhere.
Re: Launch Promo Cards Revealed For Transformers TCG Wave 5 Titan Masters Attack (2072965)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 20th, 2020 @ 8:41pm CDT
Sounds like Hasbro tried to give it all the complexities Duel Monsters and MTG developed... in about a tenth of the timespan
Re: Launch Promo Cards Revealed For Transformers TCG Wave 5 Titan Masters Attack (2072969)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 20th, 2020 @ 9:17pm CDT
I was initially excited but when I found out there wasn't a single player option, and that they were treating some cards as rare/limited/chase, my interest waned quickly. The complexity didn't help either.
Re: Launch Promo Cards Revealed For Transformers TCG Wave 5 Titan Masters Attack (2072970)
Posted by #Sideways# on July 20th, 2020 @ 9:23pm CDT

And just like that it's just... Gone.

I'm really distraught.
Re: Launch Promo Cards Revealed For Transformers TCG Wave 5 Titan Masters Attack (2073007)
Posted by TulioDude on July 20th, 2020 @ 10:59pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:It had it's own rules so played completely different and also did have original art in places (like for example, a lot of character art for the mercenary faction)

ScottyP wrote:They have been for the battle cards for three waves. Bummer for the artists - who are mostly Transformers comics artists as well - as that's another lost income opportunity for them.

I looked for images of some of those cards arts and I must say,they look pretty neat.I hope they preserve those arts for the future.
Re: Launch Promo Cards Revealed For Transformers TCG Wave 5 Titan Masters Attack (2073008)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 20th, 2020 @ 11:00pm CDT
Re: Launch Promo Cards Revealed For Transformers TCG Wave 5 Titan Masters Attack (2073085)
Posted by ScottyP on July 21st, 2020 @ 8:22am CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Well, it's not like they'll come to people's houses and rip up your cards, so you can at least still play with what you've got.
These games thrive on communities and no new product almost definitely puts the first stake in the coffin of any that formed surrounding this game. Or maybe the pandemic was the first and this is the second. Point is, everyone knows they can still enjoy what they have but there's an intrinsic consequence to news of the game ending and it's not a positive one for its fans.

#Sideways# wrote:I'm crushed. I played my heart out in this game, and I even got 3rd at Origins and 32nd at the Energon Invitational (world championship). I even joined a competitive team exactly a week ago!

And just like that it's just... Gone.

I'm really distraught.
Thought about you and the vs.info folks when this dropped. Really hate this for y'all, I know the time and effort you invested was no joke.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers SDCC 2005 Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Prowl Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Laserbeak  2019 NYCC - Han Cholo Pin" on EBAY
Buy "SHARKTICON MEGATRON Transformers Prime Beast Hunters complete used voyager class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Ultimate Optimus Prime San Diego Comic Con 2011 NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botbots Series 1 - Burgertron, Poo Sham & Sticky McGee" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Prime Transformers" on EBAY