Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure

Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure

Thursday, November 19th, 2009 1:03pm CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 35,835

A much anticipated Leader class figure is being released in Asia this weekend. An anonymous user of 2chan has jumped the gun and got the gun - and the figure that comes with it. We're talking about Leader Class Buster Optimus Prime, which at the moment is a Takara only version of Revenge of the Fallen Leader Prime that comes with a gun, and a Premium like finish. Check out the images below.

Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure
Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure
Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure
Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure
Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure
Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure

Also concerning Buster Prime, HobbySearch Japan has put up a listing for it, which gives us a first look at Buster's packaging.

Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure

To check out original post from Futaba Channel/2chan, click here.

Keep it at Seibertron.com, your Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): Futaba Channel, Hobby Search

This article was last modified on Thursday, November 19th, 2009 8:38pm CST

Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021003)
Posted by Starscream6 on November 19th, 2009 @ 1:11pm CST
looks incredible... :APPLAUSE:

but import or not, sure looks like a "premium" version that they weren't going to be doing. :-x
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021007)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 19th, 2009 @ 1:22pm CST
I never thought I'd say this, but I actually think there's too much silver! :shock: The truck mode looks absolutely amazing, but I think they overdid it on the bot mode, especially the head. Still a nice looking fig though, but I can't stand mouthy Primes, so it was out since the day we discovered that fact.
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021009)
Posted by g2grimmy64 on November 19th, 2009 @ 1:26pm CST
Starscream6 wrote:sure looks like a "premium" version that they weren't going to be doing. :-x

Yup, and as more time goes by, I become more convinced that RotF won't get a premium line at all :(
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021012)
Posted by Primus1101 on November 19th, 2009 @ 1:28pm CST
1. How much is it in £'s?
2. How long will it be around for?

I think I'll get it if it's around for long enough. :mrgreen:
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021014)
Posted by Primus1101 on November 19th, 2009 @ 1:30pm CST
g2grimmy64 wrote:

Umm... There ISN'T a Premium line PLANNED for ROTF.
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021019)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 19th, 2009 @ 1:40pm CST
Primus1101 wrote:
g2grimmy64 wrote:

Umm... There ISN'T a Premium line PLANNED for ROTF.

Good. I'd rather not buy a figure and find out they're releasing a better, similarly/identically-priced version later.
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021023)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 19th, 2009 @ 1:51pm CST
C'mon Hasbro. Be a sport and give us this thing!
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021026)
Posted by Rated X on November 19th, 2009 @ 2:00pm CST
I like the paint better. But even though it's movie accurate, I hate Optimus having a mouth instead of a face plate. Ill stay with my USA version cause that mouth makes him look like a "BUSTER" for real !!! (Buster means "fool" in the hip hop slang) And yes I know the Japanese refer to a gun as a "Buster" LOL
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021027)
Posted by Primus1101 on November 19th, 2009 @ 2:01pm CST
kirbenvost wrote:
Primus1101 wrote:
g2grimmy64 wrote:

Umm... There ISN'T a Premium line PLANNED for ROTF.

Now why does you saying that make me think of an idea that no-one here or at Hasbro would agree with? E.G. imagine if you got a figure and then a better version comes out (ex: Ironhide and Recon Ironhide) Imagine if you can then take a certain label or a stamp or the box itself and when you do that, you get the figure for less than the full/original price. To me, that sounds good. What about anyone here?
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021037)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on November 19th, 2009 @ 2:39pm CST
I'm glad I didn't pick up the first version of this guy, I'll definately be getting this one. The face plate is forgivable because he has a big gun in exchange AND better paint applications. I skipped getting the first Megatron too (no cash) and I'm glad now because I think the black repaint of him looks MUCH better. Usually I jump on them as they come up, I'm glad I wasn't able to this time because these latter releases kick ass.
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021047)
Posted by ishigoto on November 19th, 2009 @ 3:12pm CST
We got gyped...
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021051)
Posted by Counterpunch on November 19th, 2009 @ 3:37pm CST
LoL "No Premium Line"

Nope, you're right Hasbro no Premium line at all this time around.

Just an Extra-Ultra Premium line that isn't simply the same price as the originals, nope, this Premium line features Import-Cost Action Features and the ability to burn approximately $40 of consumer money for those that import now instead of waiting for the inevitable US release that you won't tell us about until it's too late.

AKA: Why Japan has a market that is able to appreciate nice things while the rest of the world is a cesspool of unrefined idiocy.

(Really? So when product is targeted at a market, US consumers said, "We think the crappy non-chrome-y, no weapon release suits us juuuuuuuust fine.)

Stated for the record: I don't actually care. But I think the annoyance some people will have over this is TOTALLY justified.

[and I used to be such a nice guy...]
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021053)
Posted by flame_convoy on November 19th, 2009 @ 3:42pm CST
UAU!!!! very cool, if he had the battle mask would be the prime to exellence.....
=P~
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021055)
Posted by Kryptikore on November 19th, 2009 @ 3:50pm CST
This is a must have. Prime never looked so good! I even like the face, but would have been better if they gave us a removable faceplate or at least had the first release of Leader prime without the faceplate.
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021068)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on November 19th, 2009 @ 4:27pm CST
Not buying this because I'm certain Hasbro will release it here. I also hate the lips.
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021074)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on November 19th, 2009 @ 4:40pm CST
I do hope we get a domestic release of this, even if I cant afford it I would want it.
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021089)
Posted by Orthobotrex on November 19th, 2009 @ 5:37pm CST
Idon't see too much silver...I see BLING BLING!!! =P~

But yeah, the mouth is a wee bit of a turn off! Still a buy for me!
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021115)
Posted by jaws on November 19th, 2009 @ 7:32pm CST
No faceplate sucks!!

I want the gun for my Power Up OP/Jetfire combo.
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021117)
Posted by Mechastrike on November 19th, 2009 @ 7:34pm CST
what, no mouth plate?
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021133)
Posted by YRQRM0 on November 19th, 2009 @ 8:23pm CST
He looks beautiful, except the face plate. I like his head design and all, but this Prime is the one I'd use for a battle, and unless they'd given him battle damage all over, he should have a faceplate. But I don't think I'll be looking at any more buster Prime news, it depresses me that I'll never have him :-(

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "WFC-E40 BATTLE SQUAD Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Direct-Hit Power Punch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SOUNDBLASTER Siege War for Cybertron MISB Walmart Exclusive Netflix" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise - Direct-Hit & Power Punch [WFC-E18]" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Transformers Mega 3-Step Changer Action Figure Hasbro 2016" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Powertrain & Highjump Siege War for Cybertron Micromaster 2018 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Deluxe Class Cliffjumper (c)2011 TOMY  RARE" on EBAY
Buy "2015 Hasbro Transformers Robots In Disguise Rid Mega Optimus Prime Autobot" on EBAY