Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure

Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure

Thursday, November 19th, 2009 1:03pm CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 35,786

A much anticipated Leader class figure is being released in Asia this weekend. An anonymous user of 2chan has jumped the gun and got the gun - and the figure that comes with it. We're talking about Leader Class Buster Optimus Prime, which at the moment is a Takara only version of Revenge of the Fallen Leader Prime that comes with a gun, and a Premium like finish. Check out the images below.

Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure
Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure
Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure
Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure
Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure
Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure

Also concerning Buster Prime, HobbySearch Japan has put up a listing for it, which gives us a first look at Buster's packaging.

Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure

To check out original post from Futaba Channel/2chan, click here.

Keep it at Seibertron.com, your Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): Futaba Channel, Hobby Search

This article was last modified on Thursday, November 19th, 2009 8:38pm CST

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021003)
Posted by Starscream6 on November 19th, 2009 @ 1:11pm CST
looks incredible... :APPLAUSE:

but import or not, sure looks like a "premium" version that they weren't going to be doing. :-x
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021007)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 19th, 2009 @ 1:22pm CST
I never thought I'd say this, but I actually think there's too much silver! :shock: The truck mode looks absolutely amazing, but I think they overdid it on the bot mode, especially the head. Still a nice looking fig though, but I can't stand mouthy Primes, so it was out since the day we discovered that fact.
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021009)
Posted by g2grimmy64 on November 19th, 2009 @ 1:26pm CST
Starscream6 wrote:sure looks like a "premium" version that they weren't going to be doing. :-x

Yup, and as more time goes by, I become more convinced that RotF won't get a premium line at all :(
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021012)
Posted by Primus1101 on November 19th, 2009 @ 1:28pm CST
1. How much is it in £'s?
2. How long will it be around for?

I think I'll get it if it's around for long enough. :mrgreen:
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021014)
Posted by Primus1101 on November 19th, 2009 @ 1:30pm CST
g2grimmy64 wrote:

Umm... There ISN'T a Premium line PLANNED for ROTF.
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021019)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 19th, 2009 @ 1:40pm CST
Primus1101 wrote:
g2grimmy64 wrote:

Umm... There ISN'T a Premium line PLANNED for ROTF.

Good. I'd rather not buy a figure and find out they're releasing a better, similarly/identically-priced version later.
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021023)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 19th, 2009 @ 1:51pm CST
C'mon Hasbro. Be a sport and give us this thing!
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021026)
Posted by Rated X on November 19th, 2009 @ 2:00pm CST
I like the paint better. But even though it's movie accurate, I hate Optimus having a mouth instead of a face plate. Ill stay with my USA version cause that mouth makes him look like a "BUSTER" for real !!! (Buster means "fool" in the hip hop slang) And yes I know the Japanese refer to a gun as a "Buster" LOL
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021027)
Posted by Primus1101 on November 19th, 2009 @ 2:01pm CST
kirbenvost wrote:
Primus1101 wrote:
g2grimmy64 wrote:

Umm... There ISN'T a Premium line PLANNED for ROTF.

Now why does you saying that make me think of an idea that no-one here or at Hasbro would agree with? E.G. imagine if you got a figure and then a better version comes out (ex: Ironhide and Recon Ironhide) Imagine if you can then take a certain label or a stamp or the box itself and when you do that, you get the figure for less than the full/original price. To me, that sounds good. What about anyone here?
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021037)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on November 19th, 2009 @ 2:39pm CST
I'm glad I didn't pick up the first version of this guy, I'll definately be getting this one. The face plate is forgivable because he has a big gun in exchange AND better paint applications. I skipped getting the first Megatron too (no cash) and I'm glad now because I think the black repaint of him looks MUCH better. Usually I jump on them as they come up, I'm glad I wasn't able to this time because these latter releases kick ass.
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021047)
Posted by ishigoto on November 19th, 2009 @ 3:12pm CST
We got gyped...
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021051)
Posted by Counterpunch on November 19th, 2009 @ 3:37pm CST
LoL "No Premium Line"

Nope, you're right Hasbro no Premium line at all this time around.

Just an Extra-Ultra Premium line that isn't simply the same price as the originals, nope, this Premium line features Import-Cost Action Features and the ability to burn approximately $40 of consumer money for those that import now instead of waiting for the inevitable US release that you won't tell us about until it's too late.

AKA: Why Japan has a market that is able to appreciate nice things while the rest of the world is a cesspool of unrefined idiocy.

(Really? So when product is targeted at a market, US consumers said, "We think the crappy non-chrome-y, no weapon release suits us juuuuuuuust fine.)

Stated for the record: I don't actually care. But I think the annoyance some people will have over this is TOTALLY justified.

[and I used to be such a nice guy...]
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021053)
Posted by flame_convoy on November 19th, 2009 @ 3:42pm CST
UAU!!!! very cool, if he had the battle mask would be the prime to exellence.....
=P~
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021055)
Posted by Kryptikore on November 19th, 2009 @ 3:50pm CST
This is a must have. Prime never looked so good! I even like the face, but would have been better if they gave us a removable faceplate or at least had the first release of Leader prime without the faceplate.
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021068)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on November 19th, 2009 @ 4:27pm CST
Not buying this because I'm certain Hasbro will release it here. I also hate the lips.
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021074)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on November 19th, 2009 @ 4:40pm CST
I do hope we get a domestic release of this, even if I cant afford it I would want it.
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021089)
Posted by Orthobotrex on November 19th, 2009 @ 5:37pm CST
Idon't see too much silver...I see BLING BLING!!! =P~

But yeah, the mouth is a wee bit of a turn off! Still a buy for me!
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021115)
Posted by jaws on November 19th, 2009 @ 7:32pm CST
No faceplate sucks!!

I want the gun for my Power Up OP/Jetfire combo.
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021117)
Posted by Mechastrike on November 19th, 2009 @ 7:34pm CST
what, no mouth plate?
Re: Leader Buster Optimus Prime Images: Packaging and Figure (1021133)
Posted by YRQRM0 on November 19th, 2009 @ 8:23pm CST
He looks beautiful, except the face plate. I like his head design and all, but this Prime is the one I'd use for a battle, and unless they'd given him battle damage all over, he should have a faceplate. But I don't think I'll be looking at any more buster Prime news, it depresses me that I'll never have him :-(

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #264 - Kingdom Come
"Kingdom Come"
Posted: Sunday, November 22nd, 2020

Buy "*IN HAND* Transformers Generations WFC Kingdom Core Rattrap Figure" on EBAY
Buy "*IN HAND* Transformers Generations WFC Kingdom Deluxe Blackarachnia Figure" on EBAY
Buy "*IN HAND* Transformers Generations WFC Kingdom Deluxe Cheetor Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro SDCC 2019 Transformers MP-10G Ghostbusters ECTO-35 Edition Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Loyal Subjects TRANSFORMERS Chibi Action Vinyl SHOCKWAVE 2/16" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS CONSTRUCT BOTS OPTIMUS PRIME & MEGATRON-Build 2 Robots" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Thrilling 30 Nemesis Prime & Spinister, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Thrilling 30 Skrapnel & Reflector, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY