Leader for the Ages Optimus Prime 2 pack Out Now in the U.S.

Transformers News: Leader for the Ages Optimus Prime 2 pack Out Now in the U.S.

Wednesday, June 6th, 2007 12:27PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 28,386

Back in April we reported about the first image of two pack called Transformers Leader for the Ages Set. It contains two Optimus Prime figures. The fisrt one is Transformers Movie Fast Action Battler Optimus Prime. The second is the is the Optimus Prime figure that was released in the Transformers Classics Ultimate Battle Optimus Prime Vs. Megatron 2-pack. Now we have the first reported sighting of the set. Our own Rick sent us an email explaining he found the set at a Wal-Mart in Dover, DE. Do not forget to report your Transformers sightings in the Seibertron.com Sightings Section.
Credit(s): Rick
Re: Leader for the Ages Optimus Prime 2 pack Out Now in the U.S. (151303)
Posted by Robinson on June 6th, 2007 @ 12:44pm CDT
Re: Leader for the Ages Optimus Prime 2 pack Out Now in the U.S. (151306)
Posted by JTKranix on June 6th, 2007 @ 12:45pm CDT
Can't submit a sighting for it :(
Re: Leader for the Ages Optimus Prime 2 pack Out Now in the U.S. (151311)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 6th, 2007 @ 12:49pm CDT
whats the Classics Ultimate Battle Optimus Prime Vs. Megatron 2-pack? I also never hear of this prime one either?
Re: Leader for the Ages Optimus Prime 2 pack Out Now in the U.S. (151313)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on June 6th, 2007 @ 12:49pm CDT
I have yet to see it

I don't know if I'll get it looks tacky
Re: Leader for the Ages Optimus Prime 2 pack Out Now in the U.S. (151317)
Posted by 1337W422102 on June 6th, 2007 @ 12:53pm CDT
This set looks terrible.

Check the Galleries, Megatron_Wolf. Go to the Classics section, you'll see there are more than one Prime and Megatron.
Re: Leader for the Ages Optimus Prime 2 pack Out Now in the U.S. (151328)
Posted by Retardicon on June 6th, 2007 @ 1:01pm CDT
Yeah, this set is something to keep outside of arms reach. Nothing but regrets, I promise.
Re: Leader for the Ages Optimus Prime 2 pack Out Now in the U.S. (151339)
Posted by Archanubis on June 6th, 2007 @ 1:10pm CDT
Somehow, I'm not impressed.
Re: Leader for the Ages Optimus Prime 2 pack Out Now in the U.S. (151366)
Posted by mumdb1 on June 6th, 2007 @ 1:32pm CDT
Forgot to report this as well, but I actually bought it on Sat the 2nd at Walmart near Garner, NC. I can post some pics if interested, it's the Prime two pack. It's not bad, not as detailed as it could be, but still a good piece for the collection.
Re: Leader for the Ages Optimus Prime 2 pack Out Now in the U.S. (151369)
Posted by JazZeke on June 6th, 2007 @ 1:33pm CDT
Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.
Re: Leader for the Ages Optimus Prime 2 pack Out Now in the U.S. (151383)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 6th, 2007 @ 1:51pm CDT
1337W422102 wrote:This set looks terrible.

Is it the tank megs and G1 looking prime?
Re: Leader for the Ages Optimus Prime 2 pack Out Now in the U.S. (151387)
Posted by Spooner on June 6th, 2007 @ 1:54pm CDT
Is this supposed to be aimed at collectors?
Re: Leader for the Ages Optimus Prime 2 pack Out Now in the U.S. (151418)
Posted by edcomics on June 6th, 2007 @ 2:19pm CDT
Isn't this out everywhere? I saw it on Saturday along with everything else. Pretty unimpressive.
Re: Leader for the Ages Optimus Prime 2 pack Out Now in the U.S. (151435)
Posted by 1337W422102 on June 6th, 2007 @ 2:29pm CDT
Megatron_Wolf wrote:
1337W422102 wrote:This set looks terrible.

Is it the tank megs and G1 looking prime?

Yep! That's the Ultimate Battle pack. Kinda lame, eh?

Spooner wrote:Is this supposed to be aimed at collectors?

Maybe collectors with bad taste...
Re: Leader for the Ages Optimus Prime 2 pack Out Now in the U.S. (151454)
Posted by InvaderJes on June 6th, 2007 @ 2:45pm CDT
Slag. I can think of dozens of Primes I'd rather see.
Re: Leader for the Ages Optimus Prime 2 pack Out Now in the U.S. (151476)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on June 6th, 2007 @ 2:59pm CDT
I saw this last night when I bought Jazz and that Ultimate Pokedex thing.
1337W422102 wrote:
Spooner wrote:Is this supposed to be aimed at collectors?

Maybe collectors with bad taste...

People who collect Optimus Prime might want this. I'm passing though, only because I already have UB Prime and the jury's out on FAB in general for me right now.
Re: Leader for the Ages Optimus Prime 2 pack Out Now in the U.S. (151505)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 6th, 2007 @ 3:30pm CDT
1337W422102 wrote:
Megatron_Wolf wrote:
1337W422102 wrote:This set looks terrible.

Is it the tank megs and G1 looking prime?

Yep! That's the Ultimate Battle pack. Kinda lame, eh?

Spooner wrote:Is this supposed to be aimed at collectors?

Maybe collectors with bad taste...

I didnt know it was called that.Its been so long since ive seen that box. The figures are ok but the DVD sucked ass. They should've just sold the figures by them selves from the start. I take it this new one is $20 as well. I need to see how it looks befor i decide to buy it or not because i want FAB Prime. If the box is cool i might get it and not open it but if it sucks ill just pick up FAB Prime on his own.
Re: Leader for the Ages Optimus Prime 2 pack Out Now in the U.S. (151643)
Posted by Homer on June 6th, 2007 @ 4:52pm CDT
Chris™ wrote:I saw this on the 2nd at wal mart in el cajon ca. too. Didnt think to report it.

No doubt. If I would have known this was news I would have reported it 4 days ago.

....and yes, the set sucks.
Re: Leader for the Ages Optimus Prime 2 pack Out Now in the U.S. (151659)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 6th, 2007 @ 5:00pm CDT
My closest Wal-Mart hasn't sold one. Not one since June 2nd. In fact, they got even more cases in last night!
Re: Leader for the Ages Optimus Prime 2 pack Out Now in the U.S. (151868)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on June 6th, 2007 @ 6:56pm CDT
I might get this just cause of the collector factor, but otherwise I already have two of the Classics Prime, and I realy have to evaluate how many of these movie Primes I'm gonna want in relation to shelf space, playability, and cost.
Re: Leader for the Ages Optimus Prime 2 pack Out Now in the U.S. (151965)
Posted by Roboto750 on June 6th, 2007 @ 7:54pm CDT
I picked one up on the 2nd. I like the concept more than the figures themselves.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #236 - Tangled Web
"Tangled Web"
Posted: Monday, December 9th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Flip and Change 4 Step Grimlock Hasbro NEW IN BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hero Mashers Electronic Grimlock Figure. Shipping Included" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION - BUMBLEBEE (H79)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) - Sideswipe VS Anvil" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) - Happy Meal - Thunderhoof" on EBAY
Buy "HOLO MIRAGE Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Fan Vote 3 Pack" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 4 Generations AOE Voyager DINOBOT SLOG " on EBAY