Leader Starscream August Release

Leader Starscream August Release

Thursday, May 27th, 2010 10:03pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 50,114

Ever since Leader Class Starscream was revealed to the general public in 2009, the anticipation for the figure has been unanimous among many fans of the Transformers movie toy lines. Now the time has come for Starscream to enter everyone's collections, as HasbroToyShop reveals the release date of the figure to be August 9th. Leader Class Starscream will not be the only Leader Class figure to be released in the 2010 Movie toy line, as there will also be Battle Hooks Optimus Prime.

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): Hasbro

Re: Leader Starscream August Release (1079465)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 27th, 2010 @ 10:09pm CDT
>_< I hope not. Crap. That'll be what...a year since the last Leader Class release? I don't want to have to wait that long for him, and it seems silly to release it at that point.

For all we know, he could be redesigned in TF3.

I want him now!

Though, one good bit of news is...HTS is usually slow on their release dates, so retail might see them long before HTS does.

But then again, I've seen HTS get figures months in advance. Human Alliance Bumblebee was due to be released in the fall, and I had him in June. =\
Re: Leader Starscream August Release (1079473)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on May 27th, 2010 @ 10:36pm CDT
Hopefully we'll see an early retail release.
Re: Leader Starscream August Release (1079480)
Posted by Varia31 on May 27th, 2010 @ 11:28pm CDT
About time I heard some more news for this guy. :) August is fine with me, it'll give me more time to catch up on other projects and stuff. So, a couple important events in June, including War for Cybertron, and two important things in August, Leader Starscream, and Metroid: Other M.
Re: Leader Starscream August Release (1079489)
Posted by Prime Riblet on May 28th, 2010 @ 12:47am CDT
I can pretty much wait for ever to get this figure. I think it is extremely good, but I just don't like it as much as I thought I did at first. The hands are just killing it for me. I know that is a very small quibble, but I can't stand 'em. Everything else is amazing, but I just don't think I am game to buy the "off-the-shelf" TFs at this point. I am done with the movie line, and I never have liked Movie-verse SS-he is ugly. I would rather use this money to get another Alternator or RiD.I don't mean to be totally negative, because I think this is an amazing figure.......but I think the movie line has gotten enough of my cash.

I am looking forward to the next Metroid though. Big time!
Re: Leader Starscream August Release (1079510)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 28th, 2010 @ 2:38am CDT

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-ROTF-2 ... 45f30f819c

And he has several up for auction with ridiculous reserves.

But what's worse is he has ZERO feedback, he's a new seller, and check out the fine print:

Shipping free to USA,Australia&Canada.(it needs about 7 working days for the item to reach you as the shippment will be arranged from my certificated supplier overseas)

Yeah, that sounds legit and won't cause you to lose an arm and a leg, oh no.

If BBTS said something like that, I'd instantly believe them. This guy? "certified" supplier?

Yeah right.
Re: Leader Starscream August Release (1079570)
Posted by cybercat on May 28th, 2010 @ 8:48am CDT
Prime Riblet wrote: The hands are just killing it for me. I know that is a very small quibble, but I can't stand 'em.

I totally respect your right to spend or not spend your cash and the movie line has been pretty hit/miss for me (though I somehow ended up, once again, with *all* the Decepticons--how'd that happen?!?!)but...the hands? Seriously?

Maybe I just keep looking at the 07 Movie Starscream's 'hands' and saying, well, shoot, son, least this one's got fingers....

HK, *slaver* must...find..reliable...preorder....
Re: Leader Starscream August Release (1079593)
Posted by Prime Riblet on May 28th, 2010 @ 10:23am CDT
hellkitty wrote:

HK, *slaver* must...find..reliable...preorder....

What can I say, I like a good looking hand. ;)
Re: Leader Starscream August Release (1079632)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 28th, 2010 @ 12:07pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:His release can't come soon enough, because at that point, things like this won't happen:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-ROTF-2 ... 45f30f819c

And he has several up for auction with ridiculous reserves.

Yeah, that sounds legit and won't cause you to lose an arm and a leg, oh no.

Yeah right.

But he clearly said certificated. THAT's a whole different story. You just know it's got to be totally legit. :lol: :lol:
Re: Leader Starscream August Release (1079645)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on May 28th, 2010 @ 12:24pm CDT
Wait...Certificated?

Anyhow, will grab this if I can....though I wonder, how do they say this is supposed to reenact the Forest Fight without Grindor? It's not like everyone forgot the guy who got his face ripped in half...

Oh wait, they said Hook Optimus was for that...
Re: Leader Starscream August Release (1079698)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 28th, 2010 @ 2:38pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-ROTF-2 ... 45f30f819c

And he has several up for auction with ridiculous reserves.

Yeah, that sounds legit and won't cause you to lose an arm and a leg, oh no.

Yeah right.

Oh crap! I didn't even catch that! That's worse, then. lol

I think he's "certificatably" insane, and there's a good chance he's gonna rip people off.
Re: Leader Starscream August Release (1079772)
Posted by Anonymous on May 28th, 2010 @ 7:57pm CDT
whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :grin: :grin: :grin:
FINALLY
i now know when leader starscream is coming out
but icant wait i want him so bad :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Leader Starscream August Release (1079785)
Posted by 009* on May 28th, 2010 @ 8:44pm CDT
Re: Leader Starscream August Release (1079788)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 28th, 2010 @ 8:59pm CDT
009* wrote:I'm going with the notion that this is when HTS expects the figure and start looking in the stores in June. On a related note, when do the Generations/Classics 3.0 come out?

Same date, according to HTS.
Re: Leader Starscream August Release (1079817)
Posted by michellatron on May 28th, 2010 @ 11:32pm CDT
Finally, a release date! I'm tired of only seeing the movie line on the shelves, but I can't wait to pick this one up. They sure took their time getting it and the generations line out.
Re: Leader Starscream August Release (1080064)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 29th, 2010 @ 8:41pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:

Oh crap! I didn't even catch that! That's worse, then. lol

Haha, I agree completely.

On topic, I really hope they do some sort of G1-ish Starscream repaint, or even one of the other Seekers. Just get rid of the tattoos!
Re: Leader Starscream August Release (1080087)
Posted by LeL on May 29th, 2010 @ 10:33pm CDT
I too have noticed HFTD Ldrclss SS has shown up on Ebay, and looking at the prices that some sellers are charging... I think I'll wait till he hits K mart and Big W, and at least I'll be looking at what I get. Legends Class Ravage was $7 from Big W (I did considder Ebay $17)

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #280 - A Roar That Grasps Victory
"A Roar That Grasps Victory"
Posted: Friday, July 16th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS BLURR, Optimus Prime Racing Trailer variant 2016" on EBAY
Buy "Rescue Bots Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots High Tide Rescue Rig Playset" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Voyager G2 Ramjet - Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations RID Prime Cliffjumper Deluxe Figure" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS BLURR, Optimus Prime Racing Trailer Playset Variant" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Original G1 1987 Headmaster Skullcruncher NEAR Complete missing gun" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Voyager G2 Ramjet Exclusive Preorder Arrive7/28" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Highbrow, Headmaster Parts Lot" on EBAY