'Leaked from Cybertron' Images of Transformers Studio Series Blackout

Transformers News: 'Leaked from Cybertron' Images of Transformers Studio Series Blackout

Friday, April 20th, 2018 1:36AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 10,806

The latest update - as notified by fellow Seibertronian westjames/notirish - from the official Hasbro Transformers social media accounts comes in the form of the 'Leaked from Cybertron' campaign, sharing some behind the scenes images and clips of figures from various lines - in this case, we're looking at the highly anticipated Blackout toy from the Studio Series line!

Check out below some brief sketches, prototypes and final product stock images, and join the conversation about this and other Studio Series figures in the Energon Pub discussion boards!

Leaked from Cybertron: Here’s a sneak peek of how the designers went from board to bot with our Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout.

Credit(s): Transformers IG
Re: 'Leaked from Cybertron' Images of Transformers Studio Series Blackout (1954393)
Posted by Emerje on April 20th, 2018 @ 6:17am CDT
beastwarsbrah wrote:7, 6, 26, 73, 74, 45? Not sure why you ask but I just watched aoe and stinger is pink

he's definitely red, not pink. Maybe your TV has trouble with reds?

Emerje
Re: 'Leaked from Cybertron' Images of Transformers Studio Series Blackout (1954416)
Posted by beastwarsbrah on April 20th, 2018 @ 8:35am CDT

This is from my TV, the car in the front is true red and stinger is not the same color.

Here's one from youtube:

Notice the slider at the bottom. That is true red. Stinger is not
Re: 'Leaked from Cybertron' Images of Transformers Studio Series Blackout (1954419)
Posted by william-james88 on April 20th, 2018 @ 8:51am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:The chest is so sloppily done, and after 10 years of doing it pretty well to almost perfectly! The mind boggles. What really disappointed me when I saw the Studio Series version of Optimus Prime in person, though, is just how maroon the red plastic and paint look. That's just not at all the right hue.

In the end, as a transforming toy, its decent, but as an interpretation of ROTF Optmus, it suffers bad.
Re: 'Leaked from Cybertron' Images of Transformers Studio Series Blackout (1954425)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on April 20th, 2018 @ 10:18am CDT
beastwarsbrah wrote:It's not my TV or all things red would look pink. Hes not full blown pink but he is indeed a pinkish red.

Here's one from youtube:

Notice the slider at the bottom. That is true red. Stinger is not

Stinger looks to be more of a metallic, slightly darker red. Y'know, it probably would have benefited both figures if SS Optimus & Stinger swapped shades of red.
Re: 'Leaked from Cybertron' Images of Transformers Studio Series Blackout (1954427)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 20th, 2018 @ 10:36am CDT
Maybe Stinger is red but shines sorta magenta/pink cos of his sheen or something. Like how you'd think Bumblebee is yellow but he appears very orange at times.

By the way still really enjoying Optimus Prime. I even find his transformation quite enjoyable and have done it back and forth many times while he's been on my desk these past few days. I may start doing some paint on him soon. Especially those black joints on the chest, painting them red where they form the window frames would help.
Re: 'Leaked from Cybertron' Images of Transformers Studio Series Blackout (1954428)
Posted by william-james88 on April 20th, 2018 @ 10:41am CDT
Re: 'Leaked from Cybertron' Images of Transformers Studio Series Blackout (1954444)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 20th, 2018 @ 11:37am CDT
Let's just say that Stinger's more strawberry red than tomato red.
Re: 'Leaked from Cybertron' Images of Transformers Studio Series Blackout (1954460)
Posted by Overcracker on April 20th, 2018 @ 12:27pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Let's just say that Stinger's more strawberry red than tomato red.

I'd say more raspberry red. :-D
Re: 'Leaked from Cybertron' Images of Transformers Studio Series Blackout (1954463)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on April 20th, 2018 @ 12:33pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Hey evasion mode bumblebee, being a bumblebee fan, are you happy or dissapointed with SS bee?

I'm really happy with him! I'd put him as one of the best deluxe Bumblebees that we've gotten so far. I think it really nails the look in both modes, I especially like the way the chest is formed with the angled headlights and everything. As for QC issues, I haven't had many problems with the roof on mine. Yeah, it popped off the first time I transformed it, but after getting a hang of the transformation it almost never happens.Really nice paint work, and his plasma cannon is the best out of any other movie Bee.

Re: 'Leaked from Cybertron' Images of Transformers Studio Series Blackout (1954464)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on April 20th, 2018 @ 12:34pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:As usual, Wolfman, I completely agree! What is so odd about this toy si that a lot of effort wnet into it. Out of all of the SS series so far, it has the most premium looking deco and probably the most parts. But its used in all the wrong ways with priorities in the wrong areas. So in the end, you get an optimus with not a great alt mode (sides and back), a robot mode with odd looks in the back and front, and a deco that doesnt look like anything I have seen on screen.

After seeing a video of Studio Series Optimus Prime on YouTube, I have to agree that the transformation is pretty interesting and complex, but it's all for naught because the figure just isn't up to snuff in on-screen likeness in either mode. I'm skipping this one. I already ordered Movie Advanced Revenge Optimus Prime (the 2010 Battle Blades mold) from eBay for a pretty good price ($79.99). That will be my Optimus Prime of choice for my new movie collection.

Overcracker wrote:

I'd say more raspberry red. :-D

Little Raspberry Beret Red Corvette!

Sorry, it's Prince Day here in Minnesota. :lol:
Re: 'Leaked from Cybertron' Images of Transformers Studio Series Blackout (1954524)
Posted by Overcracker on April 20th, 2018 @ 3:42pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Overcracker wrote:

I'd say more raspberry red. :-D

Little Raspberry Beret Red Corvette!

Sorry, it's Prince Day here in Minnesota. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: 'Leaked from Cybertron' Images of Transformers Studio Series Blackout (1954529)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 20th, 2018 @ 3:48pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:

I'd say more raspberry red. :-D
Even better!
Re: 'Leaked from Cybertron' Images of Transformers Studio Series Blackout (1954537)
Posted by The Thuggernaut on April 20th, 2018 @ 4:08pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:(Also, I won't be able to test this for a few more weeks but I think he'll scale really well with DOTM deluxe Barricade)

I think they scale pretty well.

20180420_135018.jpg
Re: 'Leaked from Cybertron' Images of Transformers Studio Series Blackout (1954549)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on April 20th, 2018 @ 4:52pm CDT
The Thuggernaut wrote:

I think they scale pretty well.

20180420_135018.jpg

Hey, that does work! Cool!
Re: 'Leaked from Cybertron' Images of Transformers Studio Series Blackout (1954827)
Posted by Rated X on April 21st, 2018 @ 4:22pm CDT
Black Hat wrote:
Rated X wrote:These are Transformers, not action figures.

Transformers ARE action figures, silly. :lol:

I respectfully disagree. Action figures dont transform. All they do is pose. By your logic, Barbie dolls would be considered "action figures" too. I gravitated towards transformers as a kid because I didnt want to play with little men dressed in tights. Transformers are the alternative to action figures.
Re: 'Leaked from Cybertron' Images of Transformers Studio Series Blackout (1954830)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 21st, 2018 @ 4:30pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
Black Hat wrote:
Rated X wrote:These are Transformers, not action figures.

Transformers ARE action figures, silly. :lol:

Well, they ARE action figures... in part. But they are MORE. Transformers are also a vehicle (or something else) to roll or swoosh around. Plus, they are puzzles. Some TFs are more action figures than others, like the super articulated ones with tons of accessories VS the 2 steps bricks. Some are more puzzle like and some are better as cars.

Heck, some Transformers even have their own vehicles to ride on and some can be played "dressup" with all the optional armor parts they come with! Some have brushable hair like little ponies! Some are even construction sets / model kits with the ridiculousiness of their partforming. :lol:

That's why Transformers are the ULTIMATE toys. They offer infinite possibilities and can be placed in pretty much every categories of toys.
Re: 'Leaked from Cybertron' Images of Transformers Studio Series Blackout (1954831)
Posted by Black Hat on April 21st, 2018 @ 4:32pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
Black Hat wrote:
Rated X wrote:These are Transformers, not action figures.

Transformers ARE action figures, silly. :lol:

It's a figure. It can assume action poses.

Ergo, action figure.
Re: 'Leaked from Cybertron' Images of Transformers Studio Series Blackout (1954857)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 21st, 2018 @ 5:27pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
Black Hat wrote:
Rated X wrote:These are Transformers, not action figures.

Transformers ARE action figures, silly. :lol:

I always thought that action figure was used to sell dolls to little boys...or have I been watch that one episode of Fresh Prince too much where carlton is defending his doll to will. Either way transformers are (almost all) action figures but not all action figures are transformers (though I bet a lot more wish they were)

Don't see why it matters though, it's just a classification at the end of the day it's like trying to deny bananas are a fruit.
Re: 'Leaked from Cybertron' Images of Transformers Studio Series Blackout (1954948)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 21st, 2018 @ 10:38pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
Black Hat wrote:
Rated X wrote:These are Transformers, not action figures.

Transformers ARE action figures, silly. :lol:

I respectfully disagree. Action figures dont transform.
I have 5-inch Power Rangers action figures that are fully articulated and transform from morphed human men into organic-looking dragons. No robotic features involved in those.
Re: 'Leaked from Cybertron' Images of Transformers Studio Series Blackout (1954955)
Posted by william-james88 on April 21st, 2018 @ 10:53pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Black Hat wrote:
Rated X wrote:These are Transformers, not action figures.

Transformers ARE action figures, silly. :lol:

I respectfully disagree. Action figures dont transform.

Those sound awesome, which ones are they?

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #219 - Big Cat Convoy
"Big Cat Convoy"
Posted: Monday, March 18th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock Figure a6153 10"" on EBAY
Buy "Play Doh (1) Mr.Potato Head Set (2)Transformers Optimus Prime Set" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Age of Extinction Construct-Bots Dinobot Rider Bumblebee,OPTIMUS 4p" on EBAY
Buy "Target Optimus Prime Transforming Gift Card Transformers Age of Extinction" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Real Gear Booster X10 Laserbeak" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GALVATRON AGE OF EXTINCTION FIGURE SPINNING GRINDER AOE 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID "STEELJAW" Combiner Force Complete Robots in Disguise 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Strongarm RID 2015 Legends Legion" on EBAY