Leaked From Cybertron: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking

Leaked From Cybertron: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking

Thursday, July 26th, 2018 7:44pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 9,639

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The Transformers Facebook page continues to give us some awesome new behind the scenes looks at the designing of the figures that Hasbro and Takara put out, and today we have a brand new one for the Titan Beast himself, Power of the Primes Predaking!

Predaking is the Decepticon combiner comprised of the Predacons, and his new toy has begun to hit peoples homes after coming in stock at Hasbro Toy Shop and many other stores. This new "Leaked from Cybertron" sneak peak shows us a look at the design process, including the early prototype, and some talk about how designed and other members of the team from around the world looked at the weight, balance, articulation, and details of the figure before the final product was revealed.

Check out the video below, and let us know your thoughts on this titanic beast!

Credit(s): Transformers Facebook Page


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Leaked From Cybertron: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1974461)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on July 27th, 2018 @ 5:42am CDT
On a side note, think the release of Cog may boost Fort Max sales? Alternatively if they do Six Gun will they do another run of Metroplex?
Re: Leaked From Cybertron: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1974495)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 27th, 2018 @ 8:37am CDT
SpikeyTigertron wrote:On a side note, think the release of Cog may boost Fort Max sales? Alternatively if they do Six Gun will they do another run of Metroplex?
Takara just did another run of Metroplex.
Re: Leaked From Cybertron: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1974521)
Posted by o.supreme on July 27th, 2018 @ 9:51am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
SpikeyTigertron wrote:On a side note, think the release of Cog may boost Fort Max sales? Alternatively if they do Six Gun will they do another run of Metroplex?
Takara just did another run of Metroplex.


...and as much as we all want a new Titan Class toy in 2019, I could easily see :HASBRO: riding :TAKARATOMY: 's coat tails and going the easy/cheap route by reissuing T30 Metroplex for Siege...

After all when Warden said "What Titan do you think of during the critical last days of Cybertron"...Of course my mind goes to Omega Supreme, because I'm a fan of that character, but past media shows us, that Metroplex would be just as valid an answer. I hope this doesn't happen because I'd love to have a modern OS, but worst case scenario, if they do rerelease Metroplex, then at least I don't have to pay almost $300 for the Takara reissue.
Re: Leaked From Cybertron: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1974689)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on July 27th, 2018 @ 10:40pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SpikeyTigertron wrote:On a side note, think the release of Cog may boost Fort Max sales? Alternatively if they do Six Gun will they do another run of Metroplex?
Takara just did another run of Metroplex.


...and as much as we all want a new Titan Class toy in 2019, I could easily see :HASBRO: riding :TAKARATOMY: 's coat tails and going the easy/cheap route by reissuing T30 Metroplex for Siege...

After all when Warden said "What Titan do you think of during the critical last days of Cybertron"...Of course my mind goes to Omega Supreme, because I'm a fan of that character, but past media shows us, that Metroplex would be just as valid an answer. I hope this doesn't happen because I'd love to have a modern OS, but worst case scenario, if they do rerelease Metroplex, then at least I don't have to pay almost $300 for the Takara reissue.


I would hope not, but anything is possible.... Though if it's true the titan class is "on the fence" that'd definitely be the nail in the coffin. Though.... Was metroplex ever market saturated in the US?
Re: Leaked From Cybertron: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1974796)
Posted by Ironhidensh on July 28th, 2018 @ 1:05pm CDT
Well, I bought Prediking for my sons for Christmas, to go with Trypticon, so they both have a big ass box to open.

Sadly, I gave in to temptation and opened Big P to satisfy my curiosity.

I should have left it in package.

Combined mode, while not astounding, is not bad at all. It actually looks good in hand, and feels pretty sturdy, while not being as difficult to pose as Devastator was. Hasbro/Takara put a good effort into this gestalt mode.

That, unfortunately, is where the effort ended. The individual robot and bot modes, at best, can only be described as mediocre, and quite frankly, that is being generous. He has been sealed back up, put into storage, and will be under the tree for Christmas.
Re: Leaked From Cybertron: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1975324)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 30th, 2018 @ 10:21am CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:Well, I bought Prediking for my sons for Christmas, to go with Trypticon, so they both have a big ass box to open.

Sadly, I gave in to temptation and opened Big P to satisfy my curiosity.

I should have left it in package.

Combined mode, while not astounding, is not bad at all. It actually looks good in hand, and feels pretty sturdy, while not being as difficult to pose as Devastator was. Hasbro/Takara put a good effort into this gestalt mode.

That, unfortunately, is where the effort ended. The individual robot and bot modes, at best, can only be described as mediocre, and quite frankly, that is being generous. He has been sealed back up, put into storage, and will be under the tree for Christmas.


I honestly found the robot modes to be decent if not good. Admittedly, the legs on Tantrum and Headstrong's backs are lame, but that aside, I really have not complaints. They have about as much usable articulation as my MMC versions.
Re: Leaked From Cybertron: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1975356)
Posted by MadProject on July 30th, 2018 @ 12:42pm CDT
mordhelm wrote:So, let's talk about the stickers. This is the first set where I felt the stickers were done right. Good size and easy accessibility for them. And it was sub-100 stickers in total. Waaaay less effort that Trypticon.



almost. I found some of them that could have been a bit better, like the ones that had to go on rounded or curved parts.
And also the glue isn't that great, some are already starting to peel off.
I'm considering to remove all of them but the decepticon logos.
Re: Leaked From Cybertron: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1975822)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on August 1st, 2018 @ 10:11am CDT
So is Predaking expected to hit shelves?

I too had zero plans on getting him at first but after seeing plenty of images in combined mode there's no denying the badass Predaking truly is.

I recall seeing Devastator in store only once and he was already priced for clearance. And speaking of Devastator, to anyone that now have both I'm sure they both look epic side by side. ;)^ :VEHI:
Re: Leaked From Cybertron: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1975835)
Posted by o.supreme on August 1st, 2018 @ 11:12am CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:So is Predaking expected to hit shelves?


You can stop at the 7 second mark
Re: Leaked From Cybertron: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1975836)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on August 1st, 2018 @ 11:17am CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:And speaking of Devastator, to anyone that now have both I'm sure they both look epic side by side. ;)^ :VEHI:


Devy: Yes! Yes we do.

20180801_111138.jpg


Pred: High five?
Devy: High five!

20180801_111001.jpg
Re: Leaked From Cybertron: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1975845)
Posted by Moonshot on August 1st, 2018 @ 11:57am CDT
After messing around with Predaking for a few days, I have nothing but good to say about him. Robot modes are great, Tantrum and Headstrong are set back with the big leg posts. Still its not as bad in hand, as others have said. Individual beast modes are ok. Razorclaw and Divebomb look the best by far but really only Rampage has much articulation. They look good enough though with Razorclaw looking the best to me. Combined mode is awesome. I think the proportions look great, not too skinny at the waist. Suppose it could be a bit wider but he matches animation well enough. Way too many stickers and I wish some had been tampos. I enjoy putting on stickers but, just so many. I did leave quite a few off going for a Sunbow G1 animation simple look. Overall I love Predaking and as my first Titan class figure, I want more.
Re: Leaked From Cybertron: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1975990)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on August 2nd, 2018 @ 5:45am CDT
Well we'll see what happens come Fall.

Great pics "TF-fan kev777" thanks for sharing! :APPLAUSE: :VEHI:
Re: Leaked From Cybertron: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1978242)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 13th, 2018 @ 10:37am CDT
I'm curious, do people not have this guy yet or is there just nothing to say on him?
Re: Leaked From Cybertron: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1978245)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on August 13th, 2018 @ 10:58am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:I'm curious, do people not have this guy yet or is there just nothing to say on him?


I think a lot of people are waiting out a sale come Black Friday time. You know, what I told myself I was going to do before my lack of willpower order him from Amazon.

I actually like him, flaws and all. I don't even regret paying full price like I did with Fort Max.
Re: Leaked From Cybertron: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1978248)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 13th, 2018 @ 11:01am CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:I'm curious, do people not have this guy yet or is there just nothing to say on him?


I think a lot of people are waiting out a sale come Black Friday time. You know, what I told myself I was going to do before my lack of willpower order him from Amazon.

I actually like him, flaws and all. I don't even regret paying full price like I did with Fort Max.


I've got to be honest about this, I hope he sells out before he goes to discount stores. Waiting for the inevitable Amazon sale is ok by me, but hoping for clearance on these figures is the way towards ensuring we don't get any more.
Re: Leaked From Cybertron: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1978410)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 13th, 2018 @ 5:23pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:I'm curious, do people not have this guy yet or is there just nothing to say on him?

I plan to get him soon, but I'm trying to space some guys out, and Dinobot, the Falcon, and the Throne, I knew July into August would be hectic. And the G1 guys I got a few weeks ago didn't help, so I'm waiting till September for him, spacing figures out so they can get proper love from me
Re: Leaked From Cybertron: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1978449)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 13th, 2018 @ 8:53pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:I'm curious, do people not have this guy yet or is there just nothing to say on him?


I think a lot of people are waiting out a sale come Black Friday time. You know, what I told myself I was going to do before my lack of willpower order him from Amazon.

I actually like him, flaws and all. I don't even regret paying full price like I did with Fort Max.


I've got to be honest about this, I hope he sells out before he goes to discount stores. Waiting for the inevitable Amazon sale is ok by me, but hoping for clearance on these figures is the way towards ensuring we don't get any more.


This.

What I've always been saying. Support the brand to ensure more of our plastic crack in the pipeline.
Re: Leaked From Cybertron: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1978453)
Posted by Burn on August 13th, 2018 @ 9:15pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:I'm curious, do people not have this guy yet or is there just nothing to say on him?

Still no confirmation on his availability in Australia.
Re: Leaked From Cybertron: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1978454)
Posted by Ironhidensh on August 13th, 2018 @ 9:54pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:I'm curious, do people not have this guy yet or is there just nothing to say on him?


I think a lot of people are waiting out a sale come Black Friday time. You know, what I told myself I was going to do before my lack of willpower order him from Amazon.

I actually like him, flaws and all. I don't even regret paying full price like I did with Fort Max.


I've got to be honest about this, I hope he sells out before he goes to discount stores. Waiting for the inevitable Amazon sale is ok by me, but hoping for clearance on these figures is the way towards ensuring we don't get any more.


Would that be so bad, though? I know these titan class figures have their fans, but I wonder how much they take away from the regular lines? I dunno.
Re: Leaked From Cybertron: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1978459)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 13th, 2018 @ 11:03pm CDT
In all honesty, would people have minded so much if the standard size for Titan class had been the Devastator/Predaking height in the first place, rather than the 2+ feet tall height that Metroplex only had because of a shallow desire to make him taller than G1 Fort Max no matter what (a goal that was shortly undone when Fort Max himself took back the title of "tallest TF toy ever" when he got his own slightly-taller-than-Metroplex Titan figure)?

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
Twincast / Podcast #278:
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Toys Studio Series 59 Deluxe Class Bumblebee Movie Shatter Action" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations - Combiner Wars-AUTOBOT HOUND Figure - Sky Reign Piece" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Studio Series 42 - Construction Long Haul Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 38 Optimus Prime Bumblebee Movie Hasbro 2018 MISP!" on EBAY
Buy "SILVERBOLT AERIALBOT TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE GENERATIONS ULTRA CLASS 2008 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "2016 Hasbro Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Laserbeak + Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "AUTOBOT JAZZ figure TRANSFORMERS tiny titans TOY (no card) robots in disguise" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS ER EX-18 IRONHIDE & PROWL Figure MIB by Takara Tomy" on EBAY